Start by marking “Luck of the Witch (Crypt Witch #1)” as Want to Read:
Luck of the Witch (Crypt Witch #1)

Luck of the Witch

(Crypt Witch #1)

There's a little good in every bad witch!

Tempest Crypt lives every day with a problem she can't shake. A powerful, rude, cake-obsessed demon called Frank.

When she's not chasing demons outside of Willow Tree Falls, she's running her bar and avoiding eye contact with the hot leader of the local biker gang.

Life gets tricky when Tempest's sister, Aurora, is arrested for
Published August 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Luck of the Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luck of the Witch

Start your review of Luck of the Witch (Crypt Witch #1)
R.C. Matthews
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a cute cozy mystery. The Crypt family is comical and I enjoyed the overall story. There were enough potential suspects to keep me guessing until the end. I was a little annoyed that the heroine kind of stumbled on the answer of 'who dun it' rather than truly piecing everything together, but hey, it was still a cute story.
Donna
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a fun book. I loved the characters. I definitely enjoyed Tempest's family. Her family has some kick ass women in it. Frank is an interesting demon and seems to like to cause trouble. Wiggles just doesn't seem like an appropriate name for a hellhound, though. However, it does make me smile ; )
Jaelynn Jenkins
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sugar and Hellhounds

Creative and cute. Light fare for easy distraction. Enjoyed the constant use of sweets and the appearance of a hellhound. Looking forward to the next Crypt family adventure, especially if Aunt Queenie comes along for the ride.
JOHN C
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Murder and Families can be a burden

Tempest Crypt and her whole family, sister, Mother, Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt and Uncle keep the demon population down in Willow Tree Falls. When Sis gets arrested for murder, the family sends Tempest to fix it. And fix it she does with going down a checklist of potentials, finally figuring it out.

Dana Pratt
Bonnie Turner
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written, easy read

This book is a quick read. It's well written and well edited. It has good characters and a well developed plot. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Krystyna
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When the going gets tough, Tempest steps in,

She belongs to a family of demon hunters. Her family stay at home to make sure demons don't break through but she tracks escaped ones for the angel police force as she can't be around her sister for long. When they were children a demon tried to kill her sister but she managed to trap him. Inside of her. Sometimes he breaks free and to stop him she limits the time at home and her business. Now her sister has been charged with the murder of one of peopl
Merrie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's Better To Be Lucky...

...than good, they say. In this case, it's better to be good and this book is. The first in a new series by this author, it's a delight!

A cool cast of characters, including witches, angels, a hellhound and a demon with a sweet tooth, leads us along the trail of cookie crumbs left by the killer of a mayoral candidate. A wonderfully twisty plot keeps you hooked right through to its clever end.

I voluntarily read an Advance Reader Copy and loved it so much that I bought it
Ian Adams
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, a new series from KE O'Connor.
Luck of the Witch is the first book of her new 'Crypt Witch Cozy Mystery Series'.
I really enjoyed reading this book. The main characters (Tempest Crypt, her sister Aurora and the rest of their family and friends - and not so friends) already seem familiar and well rounded. All in all, without giving any plot spoilers, I reckon that this could be her best series yet. So give it a read and get to meet the people of Willow Tree Falls.
Loved it!
Beth Hirschenbein
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable

What a great start to a new series. Tempest and her family are one of a kind. Looking forward to learning more about her unusual abilities. Wiggles is very funny. Loved the part with the sunglasses. Sounds like a fun place to live.
Nancy S Robison
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book!

Magic, demon-catching, a dog becoming a hellhound, a family tradition of demon-fighting, all in a fascinating little town where non-magical tourists miss seeing the magic right in front of fhem!

George
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amusing and exciting story. Kept me interested enough to buy the second book in the series. K E O’Connor is an ingenious writer with a enchant for creating fascinating characters.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cozy witch-oriented mystery story. Tempest Crypt lives in Willow Tree Falls and her family, witches, keep order over an underground prison for demons. Tempest has her own problem, though, a demon kept within her that she has to keep in control. It had tried to get at her sister, Aurora, and Tempest was able to save her.

Since it's a cozy mystery there is a murder, of course, and her sister is arrested by the quite incompetent group of Angels that serves as a police force. (More like the
Brad
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Different Twist on a Mystery

The world for this mystery series seems dominated by angels and demons with one family of witches helping to keep the demons in check. Our protagonist, Tempest Crypt, has a few extra powers that include being able to hold a demon inside herself. Of course, the demon doesn’t like the situation.

The stage is set when Aurora, Tempest’s sister, is accused of murder. Tempest is determined to clear her sister’s name by finding the murder.

Frank, the demon inside Tempest, an
вяαт
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
tempest crypt is a witch with a demon inside of her that she swallowed after saving her sister. she owns the bar cloven hoof and also freelances for the angel-force by being sent on assignments in which she tracks demons down.

tempest's sister aurora, is accused of killing deacon feathers, half-human/half-angel, who is a mayoral candidate. tempest is not having it -- her sister would never even hurt a fly. she assists the angel-force (even tho they aren't too happy with it) in clearing her siste
Spinneretta
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Demons inside!

Tempest Crypt is a demon fighting witch. And has a demon inside her, not that it makes a difference in her demon fighting capabilities.
When her sister is accused of murder, and then arrested, Tempest will stop at nothing to clear her name.

This cozy paranormal mystery features a family of demon fighting witches, and the residents of a small, magical town.
Romance is very slow burn, there are a couple of interested men, but nothing happens with either, and Tempest is only really inter
Tyrannosaurus regina
I liked that this is a little bit dark, because that's my jam, but I never entirely bought into the premise. Maybe there just wasn't enough context for the relationship between the angels and the demons and the environment of the town. The thread of the encroaching tourists was something that could have really paid off, since it got increasingly difficult for the protagonist to keep her situation under wraps, but that was all but dropped early on. I also found her investigative technique way too ...more
Dallass
Witches, Angels, and a demon called Frank

A fun way to pass a few hours. Tempest is a tough, sassy and independent woman who struggles with the burden of Frank, a demon, who possessed Tempest and is difficult to control when she is near her sister, Aurora.

However, now that Aurora is under suspicion of murdering mayoral candidate Deacon (who just so happened to be dating her), Tempest must stay strong and find the killer before Frank can finish off Aurora.

Throw in a handsome fallen Angel biker, Rh
Chris Blackton
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Too cutesy for my taste!

This is a definite cozy mystery! The murderer caught me by surprise but the story was too cutesy for my taste. The names for the stores and the characters were as sweet as Frank’s taste for sugar. I am also getting tired of stories where the family expects one of them, in this case, Tempest to solve the mystery and prove her sister didn’t commit the murder. Why can’t they all work together? Why is Tempest her sister’s keeper and what makes her special so that only she can
Kat Taylor
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One Sweat Mess at a Time

Aaaa what a wanderfull witchy treat,a sweat witchy paranormal murder mystery with the outrageous caracters we para cozey readers don't want to miss out on , vibrant and challenging caracters with all sorts of intreageing talents and desires waiting to pop up. Aquier a copy of "Luck of the Witch "so you yourself can enjoy reading it as much as I have. 😮🤔😀😋😒🙄😏😊Kat
Jana Gundy
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A ok I really enjoyed

It’s hard to read something new and interesting in a genre that has a ton of books. Well, this author did just that. Tempest is such a different character in a different kind of town that was so much fun to read. There was a lot of thought and detail put into this story and it shows. I loved every word.
Teresa
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Demon hunter

Tempest is a demon hunting witch. Her family guards the demon prison, it is their inheritance. Tempest also has a gift, though she uses it only when absolutely necessary. She can swallow the demon, then eject him once inside the prison cell. Except Frank, the body sharing demon who won't leave. Great read!
Rachelle Steward
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing Witch Cozy

Wonderful characters enhance this cozy witch mystery. The author makes Willow Tree Falls sound like your neighbor with magic! Enjoyable story with strong female characters, handsome men and the irrepressible dog, Wiggles. Have a fun adventure, five into this story of magic and intrigue.
Barrie Davis
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy reading

A fun read,the characters are very well written and develop as the book progresses the storyline is quiet convoluted but not in a bad way lots of subplots action and twists and turns to keep you turning pages On the whole I found this book to be quite an engaging read,Baz
Karen Pawelko
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I've read two books now about a witch and I think I need to give up on them.. I can't seem to get into them. Tempest Crypt is the name of the witch in this one and she has a demon she calls Frank living inside of her. I didn't much like Tempest but got a kick out of her grandma and her aunt Queenie and her bloodhound the talking Wiggles.
Vicki
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was well written with a little humour and lots of twists and turns.
Can recommend as a great read for those that like the Witchy cosy mystery books that are a little light hearted and easy to read.
Ilene G>
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good mystery.

Tempest must find the murderer of a mayoral candidate to clear her sister's name. I like Tempest , her family and Hellhound. There are plenty of suspects and motives. I like the plot and humor.
Virginia
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tempest

An interesting concept. A mixture of intermarriages produced exotic creatures. Tempest Crypt is a witch with a demon, whom she captured while saving her sister, imprisoned inside her. Now she has to save her sister from jail.
Patricia
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Good story

The story dragged in parts, but was enjoyable. I will read the next book in the series via kindle unlimited.
Starla B
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
I really enjoyed this book! I absolutely love Wiggles, and am excited to see what happens next!
Marlene Gorman
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally Gross

This is more than you could ever in your wildest dreams imagine! Just think having demons inside of you and having to fight your own will power to control them!

• Loony Town (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #2)
  • Grits in the Graveyard (Witch Hazel Lane Mysteries #1)
  • Witch Way to Murder & Mayhem (Witch Way #1)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics #1)
  • Breaking Bat  (Magic Market #6)
  • Witch on Ice (A Bigfoot Bay Witches Paranormal Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Going through the Potions (Pacific North Witches #1)
  • Down the Hatch (Witches Be Crazy #1)
  • Spirits in the Material World - a Salem Bookstore Cozy Witch Mystery (The Magical Supernatural Paranormal Witches of Massachusetts Book 1)
  • News and Nectarines: A small town cozy mystery (Tri-Town Murders Book 1)
  • A Trick for a Treat (A Wayfair Witches' Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Witch Unleashed (Hex Sister #1)
  • Potion Problem (Halloween Helper's #1)
  • The Case of the Wayward Witch (Katy Kramer, #1)
  • Murder to the Max  (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #2)
  • The Megalodon Mix-Up (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #4)
  • The Witch Who Settled the Account (Pixie Point Bay Book 1)
  • Southern Hauntings (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #11)
I'm K.E. O'Connor, and I love to write, make up new worlds, new possibilities and characters and share stories for others to enjoy.

I am a novelist and short story writer, writing
cozy mysteries, paranormal romance, and paranormal adventure genres. My writing has mystery, adventure and excitement and some romance thrown in to make things even more stimulating.

I have numerous series:

Lorna Shadow coz

Crypt Witch (10 books)
  • Hell of a Witch (Crypt Witch #2)
  • Revenge of the Witch (Crypt Witch #3)
  • Curse of the Witch (Crypt Witch #4)
  • Son of a Witch (Crypt Witch #5)
  • Framing of the Witch (Crypt Witch #6)
  • Trickery of the Witch (Crypt Witch #7)
  • Wishes of the Witch (Crypt Witch #8)
  • Harmony of the Witch (Crypt Witch Cozy Mystery Series Book 9)
  • Remedy of the Witch (Crypt Witch Cozy Mystery Series Book 10)

News & Interviews

“He told me I need to find a passion and said to try politics. Well, he actually said I should work toward world domination, crushing as many skulls as I can along the way. I thought I’d go for something a little less messy. Demon dads, what are you gonna do with them?” 0 likes
“I took a sip of coffee. Rhett did something magic to coffee, making it strong and rich without any bitter taste.” 0 likes