Start by marking “Falling” as Want to Read:
Falling

Falling

Shaylie Beck just wanted to go home.
She managed to snag the last seat on a late flight from New York to Denver. No one thought anything would go wrong. Nobody expected the unimaginable to happen. When the plane crashes, Shaylie fights for her life and is one of only eleven survivors.
Piper Cole wants answers.
Why did her fiancée’s plane crash? She lost everything that nig
Published May 1st 2019 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling

Lex Kent
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f-bsb-romance
I’m a big Bryant fan. She has been on such a roll lately, so many wonderful books, that she’s slowly cracked my top five list of current favorite lesfic authors. While this wasn’t my favorite book by her, I was not disappointed in the least.

This story started off with a bang, with a well written, hold your breath tragedy. I knew from that first chapter I was going to enjoy this. I like Bryant’s writing style and I was excited to go along for the ride. The rest of the book did slow down and not
Diane Wallace
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
'ARC provided by both NetGalley and The Publisher in exchange for an honest review'

**'Great dialogue has transparency.Something is being said while something else is being felt..Sentences are not different enough to hold the attention of readers unless they are dramatic..'

Kris Bryant takes readers on a meandering journey in 'FALLING' which is written with a gentle tenderness and empathy -- though perhaps it is this tenderness borne from her mission to really emphasize on the personal growth of e
Corporate Slave
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn!!!! That was unbelievably good!! Wow it’s been a while since I got those feelings when u finish a book and think : “life is good” !
While the story is based on my worst fears ever (major plane phobia coupled with my excessive flying due to work isn’t a good combination trust me), somehow it was a happy read as well..
both main characters were incredible strong women, and supporting characters as well added a lot to the story.
Very very solid 5!! Good on u Kris Bryant, in less than a month y
Dee
Bloody, frickin', amazing balls, fantastic.

Kris Bryant has outdone herself in these here pages. This is one of the most compelling stories I've read in a very long time. From the first page, my heart was in my throat.

I came to care deeply for both leads. They are three dimensional women who jumped off the pages and into my heart.

What seems to be a pre-requirement in lesfic reared its ugly head around the 80% mark. However, rather than piss me off as the troupe tends to do, it didn't bother me
Tiff
The premise for Falling really drew me in. I don't have a fear of flying but every single time I go through a takeoff, I hold my breath. Not my favorite thing when the plane goes at breakneck speed and launches itself into the air. Totally just shuddered. This book has so many emotions running through it. The beginning is intense and gripping. There is sorrow, pain, doubt but there is also the sweetest romance. This book is by far Kris Bryant's best work. She nailed every aspect of this book and ...more
Joc
I have a friend who survived a plane crash and I was so in awe of the fact that I peppered her with questions without being mindful of the residual trauma she must have felt, even years afterwards. This novel puts into context a number of things I haven’t really thought about. Shaylie Beck is one of eleven people who survive a plane crash. At a meeting of survivors and relatives of survivors she meets Piper Cole, who lost her fiancé and reconnects with Jason, the man who assisted her. In their s ...more
Rosi
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
There is something in this book that does not fit and I do not know if I will be able to explain it or do it without spoiling the content. I think Shaylie is a character with little coherence and I did not really warm to her. Even with her terrible experience and with her work issues,  I couldn't stop thinking about how and when the secret she kept from Piper was going to cause a major problem to their relationship. Piper is not quite interesting either, the story hints some situations that  see ...more
Bugs
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, I'll read anything from Kris Bryant, that’s for sure. So when the blurb of her latest novel, "Falling," came out, I couldn't wait to read it, obvs, not just because it’s Bryant, but the book’s subject matter! And then that aesthetically photographed cover....Let's just say that's prolly the first-ever book cover featuring a photo of a model as its focal point that caught my full attention. There's just something about it - how the model was posed, the filters used, the lighting and an ...more
hubsie
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
While I have read other books by Ms. Bryant and have enjoyed many of them, this one missed the mark for me. I was very drawn to the premise, even though it is based around what is basically everyone's worst nightmare, but saw the potential for a read full of emotional depth and courage and perseverance. Sadly, I didn't get much of that.

Another reviewer used the term "meandering" (Thanks Diane) and that perfectly described how I felt after the initial trauma took place. Nothing much happened.

Too
Carrie
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A romance with a unique inception.

Shaylie, a real estate professional, survives a plane crash. She ends up meeting Piper, a yoga instructor, at an airline communication conference trying to get info about root cause. Piper is a relative of a couple of people who did not survive the crash. Shaylie ends up developing feelings for Piper and feels guilty because of the circumstances.

I'm a fan of Kris Bryant. She writes well and I loved 'Listen' And 'Breakthrough.' Unfortunately, this one was just
Bethany
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want to mention up front that I'm an unashamed fan of Kris Bryant's work. I love her style and writing voice, and will buy anything she puts out there even without reading the blurb!

I loved the beginning! This one really starts out with a huge bang as Shaylie, a real estate professional, survives a plane crash. Shaylie meets Piper at a meeting for survivors and their family and friends and they instantly connect. Since this whole novel is told from Shaylie's POV, and I felt like we weren't pri
Betty
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I knew I wanted to read Falling by Kris Bryant when I heard about the book several months ago. Ms. Bryant is an exceptional author, so I had high hopes that this would be a really good story. I am very pleased to tell you that this novel has exceeded all of my expectations.
The story is told in first person narrative which makes the beginning even more compelling and terrifying since you will experience a major plane crash through the eyes and other senses of the main character, Shaylie Beck
Gaby LezReviewBooks
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shaylie Beck is a real state broker on a flight home that goes terribly wrong. When the plane crashes, she is one of the eleven passengers lucky to be alive. In the support group for survivors, she meets Piper Cole, a yoga teacher who lost both her fiancée and her best friend on that flight. As Shaylie and Piper’s connection deepens, Shaylie is faced with the decision of telling Piper what she saw before the crash and risking losing her forever…

‘Falling’ is a slow-burn romance that starts with t
Agirlcandream
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the premise of this story. Plane crash survivor meets grieving fiancé. I enjoyed watching the relationship between Shaylie and Piper grow and develop, both taking baby steps to allow the other to process their grief and recovery. The secondary characters and best friends, Marisa and Jason made a nice counterpoint to the starring couple.

So why the average rating?The events following the dramatic opening scenes felt repetitive with little plot development. Everyone was so nice. Lack of co
Rach (Les Rêveur)
This book is just exceptional.
Shaylie has just survived a plane crash. She’s a little bit broken in places and she’ll heal but it’s shaken her life. In an attempt to get back to some normality, she meets Piper during a support group for survivors. Piper lost her best friend and her fiancée in the plane crash and she needs answers. Piper and Shaylie become fast friends and help each other heal. Shaylie begins to fall for Piper and the more time she spends with her she knows this woman could be t
Jasmine
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shaylie Beck is one of a handful of survivors when her plane goes down. But even out of the darkest days there is hope. She meets Piper Cole, who lost her fiancée and best friend in the crash, at a support group and they hit it off right away. They become fast friends as they move forward in their lives in the face of the tragedy. Soon their feelings begin to change. Is it too soon? Or is true love always meant to be?

This was a really neat idea for a story. However I don't think the plane crash
JulesGP
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a lot of crazy fears, the dark, heights, enclosed spaces, social anxiety, but I thankfully do not have one of flying because this book would have kicked it into overdrive.

Shaylie Beck is caught in the stuff of nightmares, the one in 11 million odds of being in an airplane crash. She survives but is profoundly affected, both physically and mentally. Her family, friends, and the hero who saved her circle the wagons to help her heal. There’s one other vital person and that’s Piper Cole who i
Elske
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book very much, as I do most of Bryant’s books. She is a very good writer. This was a warm-hearted romantic story with very little angst. Though the premise (an airplane crash that leaves Shaylie wounded and kills Piper’s fiancée and best friend) sounds horrific, this is not a tragic story. This book is a fun read with some humour and nice characters. A small point of criticism is that I feel that the protagonists recover a little too easily. Recommend, 4.3 stars.
Heath
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Arien
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 stars. I really liked the two previous books by Bryant but this just didn't work for me on any level. There was no connection beyond two attractive women liking each other because they're attractive and none of them are particularly engaging. I just didn't care about any of what happened in the book beyond the first few chapters. The premise and the start were really strong but the rest of it... meh.

Piper didn't come off as grieving or devastated. I'm told she is all kinds of messed up, but s
Margaret
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Detailed score: 3.5 rounded down

This book is pure lesrom - it hits every tropey note it possibly could and the angst is minimal and swiftly resolved. But there’s something to be said for that, yanno? Sometimes a good old HEA is exactly what you feel like. Plus the pwoarrrr scenes are ... *fans self*

Having said that, there are a couple of irritants in this book that prevented the round up:
- the characters constant focus on looks and fitness. It just got off putting and really stopped me connectin
Karen
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This my 4th book by Bryant and I really enjoyed it. Probably not as much as Listen which is still my favorite Bryant book.

Falling is about literally falling out of the sky and letting yourself fall for the love of your life. The book opens with a BANG! Shaylie Beck is on a flight back to Denver where she has just left her seat to go to the restroom when it experiences some sort of mechanical malfunction and literally falls out of the sky. She is hurt pretty bad but survives along with 13 others.
MJS
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this one but there were a few things that stopped me from really loving it.

First, the pros. The setting was intriguing. MC Shay is at the end of a not terribly enjoyable flight when the worst happens, and the plane crashes. She one of few survivors. She meets the other MC Piper (whose fiancée and best friend we’re both killed in the crash) at a group counselling session for the victims and their families.

Both Shay and Piper ar
Carolyn McBride
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a classic example of a lesbian romance, in that, girl finds girl, they connect, truth gets in the way and they have to deal with a secret that one of them is definitely not ready to handle. (Trying not to give the plot away here). So in that context, it was a satisfying read. The pacing was good, the characters were memorable, the intro certainly grabbed my attention and I actually read this in just two sittings.
I think my favourite parts were the ones out on the ranch. Jason was mindfu
Len
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story started pretty intense and I was glued right away. But before that, I tried to guess the mysterious “what really happened before the accident” that was on the description, I thought it was something naughtier like Shaylie had a mile high fun with the fiancée. And I think it would have been less devastating. But meh, it’s no fun if it’s not about violating the bro code.

Losing someone very close to you can be truly heartbreaking but for someone to have suddenly lost not one but two peop
Alu
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
Honestly, the story started a little rough for me in the beginning, but it didn't take long for me to become engrossed in the story.

This felt like a very intense and emotional story, starting chapter one with a plane crash! Throughout the progression of the book, I could really feel the emotional build up between the two main characters. I genuinely was not sure where things were going to go and that was refreshing. Even the side characters were enjoyable and I did not mind at all when those sto
Kristy Drexel
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel that Bryant really steeped outside the box with this one, I feel that It’s some of her best work yet. From the very first chapter your drawn into the life of Shaylie Beck with a tragedy that sets up the whole storyline. The first chapter left me speechless and I knew there was no going back as I immersed myself into the story. There was so much chemistry between the two MC’s that I felt it with every turn of the page, and don’t let me forget the hotness of the sexy times not just hotness ...more
Mirtha Siblesz
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of her best books!

This is Bryant’s best book yet. Could not put it down. It grabbed me from the moment Shay went to the bathroom in the plane till the end. The main character Shay was very compelling in her first person description of everything that transpired in the story. Her initial need to be protective of Piper after just barely meeting her because of what she witnessed while on the plane demonstrates her caring qualities to others. Loved Marissa and Jason. Understood the pull Shay fel
Best Lesfic Reviews
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of the most sensuous covers we’ve ever seen. The cover is enough to draw you to reading it – and the book lives up to expectation. Not overly sexual, but with a very nice blend of emotion and attraction, this is a one-sitting read.

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/201...
Gayle
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had not yet read anything by this author, but decided the blurb looked like a story I would find interesting. The book starts with a plane crash, which might seem an unlikely place to start a book, but it takes off from there. This is a story with obvious tragedy, but it isn't without tenderness, misunderstandings, a little bit of angst, making this a book with everything that makes a very good story.

Shaylin Beck is involved in a commercial plane crash, which she miraculously survives. The var
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kris Bryant grew up a military brat living in several different countries before her family settled down in the Midwest when she was twelve. Books were her only form of entertainment overseas, and she read anything and everything within her reach.

Earning a B.A. in English from the University of Missouri, Kris focused more on poetry and eventually decided to tackle writing novels. Jolt, her debut