Start by marking “The Summer Between” as Want to Read:
The Summer Between

The Summer Between

When I was eighteen years old, I knew everything there was to know about anything ever in the history of the entire world. I thought I was a genuine, Stephen Hawking-level genius. My entire life stretched ahead of me, and everything I’d ever wanted was going to be handed to me on a silver platter carried by admiring angels who’d ask, in dulcet tones, “Brendon, how’d you ge ...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2018 by Mountain Gap Books

To ask other readers questions about The Summer Between, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer Between

Start your review of The Summer Between
A.M. Leibowitz
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, favorites
Review forthcoming.
Bobbi Walker
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free advance copy of this book for my honest review. Let me say right off that I sincerely hope that Anne G'Fellers-Mason continues writing. I was completely entertained throughout the book. I think having a song from the main character's playlist at the beginning of each chapter is a great idea. So many plot twists and turns kept me turning the pages. I truly felt I was right in the middle of everything. I look forward to reading more from her.
Shelda
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to review. This coming of age story made me laugh and cry. I loved the characters they were very real and believable! Excellent storyline one most can relate to. Highly recommend this book!!!
Jane Marshall
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story of Brendon, new high school graduate, who has big plans for the summer before college, hence the book’s title. Unfortunately for Brendon, all his plans come to naught. This book explores the unexpected directions his life takes as he makes his final preparations for college. The story is funny, musical, and truly represents this life transition. Enjoy!

Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read!

A fun read about that gap between high school and college. Anne does a good job creating interesting characters you want to know more about.
Anna Koetter
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great coming of age story. Awesome and relatable depiction of life. Loved how the protagonists relationships with family and friends were depicted. Would highly recommend this book for all ages.
Narcy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by this ARC I received. I absolutely loved Anne G'Fellers-Mason style of writing, and was hooked from the beginning. I loved that she incorporated playlists for each chapter to create the setting. There were so many twist in this coming of age story, of what happens during the summer after graduating from high school and going to college. I loved reading how much Brendon grows within the story. Brendon is a young man who thinks he has it all figured out, until it comes crashing ...more
Kylie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hidden-gems
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review. This story is great for high school students and young adults about to or in college. It's a story about a boy who just graduated and his summer before college and all the plans he made and what happens when some of them fall through. This normally isn't a synopsis that I would normally read, but I am grateful that I had the opportunity to read it because it was beautifully written. I am eager to see more of this author's work.
Gwynn
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful find!

I was looking for a light read after finishing a rather depressing non-fiction book and saw this on my Kindle “bookshelf.” It drew me in with the humor, but I quickly became wrapped up in the characters and storyline. It was funny, sweet, unpredictable and an outstanding depiction of the angst of family dynamics and major life changes. I stayed up way too late reading because I had to see what would happen next!
Mandy Stump
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
" I recieved an Advanced Review Copy of this book."

I liked this book because made me think of how it was for me before I went to college. This book is a good teen and young adult read. The story has a good story line, and the story is a well written read. The characters are good, and relatable. The story is one of growth and coming of age read. I really enjoyed this book.
Ann O'Nymos
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, hiddengem, bookviser
I really enjoyed this book. It was funny, flowed nicely, had believable characters and did I mention humour? I had quite a few lol moments but I also cried. Ok, the story is somewhat predicable but I still loved to see Brendan turn from self-centred to realising the world is not always fair, doesn't own you a living and what really counts in life.
Kristin
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brendon's life changes dramatically during the summer after his 2009 high school graduation as he learns more about family, friendship, music, and love than he thought possible. "Brendon's Boss Summer Playlist" heads each chapter, providing tone and flavor for his summer of discovery. A beautiful coming of age story, this book made me laugh and tear up, often at the same time.
Dana Kehs
Jun 16, 2019

• Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family
  • The Other Family
  • Den röda adressboken
  • Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)
  • Cleo McDougal Regrets Nothing
  • An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)
  • NOW AND THEN
  • Sweet Tea Crush: A Clover Creek Sweet Romance
  • The Queen of England: Coronation
  • Recruitment (The Resistance Trilogy #1)
  • The Living and The Dead
  • Mine: A Short Story
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • Sublime Karma
  • The Perfect Stranger
  • The Dreamers
  • Forgetting Ophelia (Friendship & Secrets, #2)
  • The Perfect Neighborhood (The Secrets of Suburbia #3)
Anne G'Fellers-Mason lives in the oldest town in Tennessee. By day, she works for the local historical society in Jonesborough. She has a BA in Theatre/History from Mars Hill University, an MA in History from East Tennessee State University, and an MFA in Playwriting from Hollins University. She gets to put all her studies to use at the Heritage Alliance where she writes local history-based plays. ...more

News & Interviews