Start by marking “Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer” as Want to Read:
Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer

Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer

In 1999 Australia, Sergeant Rick McCoy investigates the murder of a woman found packed inside a suitcase.

The Killer abducts another victim and threatens to dismember her slowly. His life is further complicated by a marriage in tatters. Frustrated at every turn, he is paired with glamorous Criminal Psychologist and profiler, Patricia Holmes.

While trying to rebuild his marri
Published October 1st 2018 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer

Start your review of Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer
Linda Strong
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful story, a real page turner, of two men. One is Sgt. Rick McCoy, the man who is investigating a killer of women. The other is the serial killer himself, who takes the reader on a roller coaster ride through his mind. The reader will learn the Who .. the What .. the Where .. The When .. and most importantly the Why.

The story starts with an abduction of woman doing nothing more sinister than going into a grocery store to buy a couple of things while her husband sat in the car list
Darren
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a e book from net galley. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I liked the variety of characters in it. It is my first book by this author. I hope to read more books by this author.
N.N. Light
Trigger Warning: If you have triggers about sexual violence and extreme violence be warned. It is very graphic.

I don't believe there has ever been a book about a serial killer like this one. The author has taken a unique dual POV approach to give the reader a gritty look into the mind of a serial murderer.

Fans of Seven and even the Saw films will love this book series.

You have the mind of the killer fully on view from his 'diary'. Then you have the anti-hero Detective Rick. He has as much t
Sandra Dailey
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Detective Rick McCoy is after a serial killer who seems to know him personally, but how? He searches every avenue while fighting his own inner demons. He pairs up with criminal psychologist Patricia Holmes, who gives insight into the killer more detailed than he thought possible. But, can he convince his superiors and co-workers to accept her help?
The killer—this author takes us into the mind of this madman. We get to see what made him the deranged individual he is in such detail you’ll actually
T Olsen
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel has a great plot and story, and very well painted characters. It's horrible, with lots of blood, but there are some funny situations as well. Maybe it's a little dependent on people being extremely smart and at the same time extremely dumb, but this is fiction. ...more
C.J. Zahner
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this novel and loved every page of it. The story was terrifying and kept me on the edge of my seat without being gory. The characters were well developed and interesting—Rick, Juliet, Pat, and especially little Amy. The setting descriptions were wonderful. The author has a unique way of making his reader feel smack dab in the middle of the story without boring us with too wordy descriptions (a personal peeve of mine!) His dialogue made the characters come alive.
The story flowed wel
C.B. Clark
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer (Deadly Glimpses Book 1), by Stephen B. King, is an exciting, thrill-packed read. The action begins on the first page and doesn’t let up until the end of the novel. The author takes the reader inside the mind of a vicious, serial killer as he plots a series of increasingly brutal murders.

Add in a damaged police sergeant and a beautiful criminal psychologist who are in a race against time to find the killer’s identity before the body count mounts, and you have t
Amanda Hupe
"This gruesome thriller really dives into the thinking of a serial killer."

Check out the full review at InD'Tale Magazine:

InD'tale Magazine
This gruesome thriller really dives into the thinking of a serial killer. Warning!

Read full review in the 2019 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Fiza Pathan
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer' by Stephen B. King is one of the best thrillers I've read in a long while. The novel was stunning, shocking & marvelously crafted. I was totally pulled into this book & put all my other reading aside to finish it. Now I'm looking forward to finishing the rest of the series. I loved the tale of Rick the police inspector who found a cut up body in a suitcase, of Paul the serial killer with an abused past, of Juliet who can't trust her husband after his unfaithf ...more
Gabbi Grey
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The mind of a killer (an audio review)

This is a seriously creepy book. Just saying.

Sergeant Rick McCoy has a problem. He’s in charge of finding the killer of the woman found dismembered. The suitcase murder, they’ve labelled it. On top of that headache, his marriage is going through a rocky period and he’s drinking and smoking way too much. Now another woman has gone missing and it looks like he has a serial killer at work. Not much to ask for, eh?

This book works on so many levels. I loved getti
Marianne
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was fascinating! I haven’t read anything like it.

The chapters told from the view of PPP, the serial killer, are riveting. The connections made by Pat, the psychologist, also spot on. The evolution of how a child becomes pure evil is built slowly and with great skill.

Rick was an interesting character, slightly flawed. He doesn’t always make the right choices. I waffled between sympathy and frustration when reading his inner thinking.

There is a bit of a side story with Y2K that didn’t add m
Sharon
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be an enjoyable read, that may sound a tad odd considering the subject matter. However, the author does such a brilliant job with the plot and then in telling the story that I enjoyed reading it. He does a fantastic job of taking the reader into the mind of a serial killer so that the good and the bad times he experienced in his life are very real. This story is an emotional rollercoaster at times and that includes having some fun parts to the plot. This is a page-turner so ...more
Amk256 King
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really want to give 3.75 stars!!

A story about a serial killer and a detective. I don’t want to go into too much detail it ruins the book for others. It’s well written and has the story from the side of the killer as well as others, mainly the detective. The characters are interesting but some parts of this book felt regurgitated from character to character .... hence repeated but nevertheless it was an enjoyable read and one that I would recommend to fans of a gory murder mystery.

I think that
Texas
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Glimpse, The Tender Killer #3 - Absolutely, the perfect ending to the Glimpse Trilogy. Tying up all the storylines from the previous two books and this one, the author has done a good job with his storytelling. The fast pace keeps the reader immersed in the pages making it difficult to put down.

I do wish an experienced editor was used; the blaring mistakes do distract from the stories.

I read the first two books to this Trilogy and found them good. My reviews were lost when my all electronics we
emmabbooks
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exciting and fascinating psychological thriller

A fast moving hunt for a murderer, alongside insights into his motives and psychology for killing.

The police are stumped as to who murdered the body in the suitcase, and then another person goes missing. In an attempt to solve the crimes a criminal psychologist is brought into help, and then things start getting personal.

Whilst following the police’s efforts to track down the very intelligent killer, the reader is introduced to the murderer by way
Monica
Dec 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I did like this book but at the same time I found it boring more than half the time. This police procedural if exactly that. I felt it went more on a over detailed book. The book is suppose to be fiction but I felt like I was in the police room minute by minute but over many months time. I also didn't believe Pat she felt too knowledgeable about exactly what the killer was like by only reading a couple of case files. She was to on the nose with everything she said and that seemed false to me tha ...more
Heather W
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting review told mostly from the point of view of the serial killer. The characters were well written and it has a great storyline. What connection did the killer have with Detective Rick McCoy? Would Rick be in time to save the most recent victim?

Keith
Feb 25, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The good: decent thriller. I liked how part of it is told from the killer’s point of view.
The bad: The psychiatrist was too spot on. She got way too much right. So much so that it wasn’t plausible
Overall though I enjoyed it. I don’t think it was top notch but not too bad. Entertaining and it kept my interest.
Pat Eroh
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great psychological thriller. Well-written and with intense but wonderful characters, this book is difficult to put down. Intense action that kept me turning pages.

Liv Arnold
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always had an unnatural interest in serial killers. I love the POV of the killer and his background story in how upbringing. Also some of his thoughts had laugh out loud moments. Looking forward to the sequel.
Mona williams
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was a actually really good book! . the only problem there was no mystery as to who the killer is. it basically gives away right away. two detectives are to work together on a case. only something happens. you must read to find out what it is.
Karen Ingalls
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Reading the chapters through the eyes of the serial killer was interesting and thought-provoking. I am fascinated by criminal minds, their upbringing, and what makes them commit murders. I look forward to reading the second book in this series.
Michelle VanDaley
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a dark & intriguing story that I found very hard to put down. The policeman annoyed me at times but I found the Killers chapters completely captivating. I look forward to more in this series and from this author.
Chrystan Huston
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic writing! Keep me on the edge of my seat! Could not stop listening! 👏👏👏
Kaitlyn Turner
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think the book was really creepy, but it was fun to read since I love creepy things. It was Gorey but also cool. I give this book 5 stars.
Valerie Hykawy
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an exciting book that kept me thinking. I’d have given it 5 stars but the grammar was atrocious, and that drives me nuts.
Chris
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever wonder how and why about events and people. This novel gives you a look at the how and why of both the hunted and the hunters. It's fascinating. I'm looking forward to my next glimpse. ...more
Andrea Merchak
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A twisted mind’s memoir.

I love serial killers’ stories. “Glimpse Memoir Of A Serial Killer” gives us an intricate plot, a very well-written story, well-built depicting fascinating characters.
The narrative switches between the stories of the serial killer PPP and Sergeant Rick McCoy. The story starts with the detective investigating a vicious murder, then the murderer abducts another victim. Later a psychologist joins the investigation in order to unravel who the serial killer is.
PPP decides to w
Stephen B King
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I may be deemed biased, but the narration for this story is spine tingly good and I am delighted with the job that Geoffrey Boyes has done, and how he has brought the characters to life

• Charlie the Choo-Choo
  • Nightmares in the Sky: Gargoyles and Grotesques
  • The Silent Ones
  • You Are Mine: A Thriller
  • Blood Trial (Sarah Cross #1)
  • The Ninth Session
  • Angel of Death
  • Welcome to Piney Falls: A Historical Mystery (Piney Falls Mysteries Book 1)
  • First Cut (The Detectives Daniels and Remalla, #1)
  • Hard Listening: The Greatest Rock Band Ever (of Authors) Tells All
  • Killer Set: Drop the Mic (Bullet Books Speed Reads Book 1)
  • Gerald Barkley Rocks
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • Walk Tall (Assassin's Claws, #1)
  • Scripted To Slay (St. Marin's Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Worth Dying For (Worth It, #8)
  • Tapped Out: A Samantha Summers Mystery
  • Always Yours, Bee
I left Perth, Australia to go East and find fame and fortune in the music business as a long-haired rock guitarist. I wrote poems and music, and my band used to open for some pretty big groups in my wild days. I gave it all up for love and got married (as you do when the right one comes along). Then, real life took over, children came along and I threatened to write a book for so many years my lon ...more

News & Interviews

While all Goodreads members love books (or so we assume, otherwise this would be a weird way to spend your time!), there's a dedicated subset...