Start by marking “The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)

The Truth About Lies

(The Truth Duet #1)

Truth: From over a thousand miles away, I watched on the screen of my phone as two men murdered my wife. And I was helpless to save her.

Consumed by hate and rage, I spent four years running from my memories.

Until a shattered woman gave me a reason to stop.

Cora lived in a nightmare, but through sheer force of will, she’d turned it into something beautiful. She had a s
Published August 21st 2018

Start your review of The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's LIVE!!! Go and get your copy, please! Trust me, you don't wanna miss this amazing book... ;)

--------------

I'm speechless right now!!!
One of the best books of 2018!!!
WOW!!! ❤❤❤

This was my 10th book of Aly Martinez and since the very first beginning she never disappointed me, not even for a second! So yeah, there is no surprises in here. Another beautiful story from, Aly! :)

And now I'm dying to read 2nd book because that end literally ruined me! WTF happened? Ugh I need answers NOW!!! But t
Bibi
67% and I'm all wrung out. I don't care about ANY of these characters (especially the protags, Penn and Cora), and I honestly don't see the point of this story. I'm sorry.
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Oh Holy Shit I need the next book like I need water.

I went into this book reading the blurb and a couple reviews just basically saying how addicting and obsessive this book was for them. I will say this, I can not agree more.

Penn loses his wife in the absolute worst way possible. Watching her being brutally murdered with no way to stop it, hell I have no idea how he moved on. To say I love this man, it doesn’t begin to cover how I feel for this character.

Cora, this strong tortured soul, i
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

THE TRUTH ABOUT LIES: is a full-length novel and is the first book in Author Aly Martinez’s ‘The Truth’ duet. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives.

I'd always hated lies. I'd spent most of my life having them fed to me. As far as I was concerned, they only lulled a person into a state of false security.

First off the synopsis gives you no indication at all what the book is really about, so that what my first
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I AM NEXT LEVEL OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOK. Holy freaking wow. It was MAJOR. It was EVERYTHING I want to read in a story and so much more. I honestly have NO IDEA what to do with myself after finishing. All I can think is, HOLY FRICK. HOLY MOTHER OF ALL FRICKS, THAT WAS THE BEST BOOK EVER! I mean how do you even move on after that?! So good. So intense. So explosively emotional. So utterly unique. So incredibly breathtaking. Just so everything. ALL THE THINGS. I want more. I'm desperate for the The ...more
Nazanin
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Four years ago, Penn watched his wif’s death from afar! He watched his wife’s plea but he couldn’t do anything. He felt hopeless, he felt useless and he was broken. That day his heart died with her.

I was alone and trapped inside my own head again. It was a terrible place. One filled with blood and despair, built on a foundation of helplessness and failure.

All this time he was numb, he couldn’t feel anything, his heart was empty! Until he saw Cora!

She looked at me like I was a hero. Like
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I sank down the wall, my shoulders shaking violently as sobs overtook me. They were skillfully silent. Wild, yet perfectly controlled from far too many years of practice. The sudden emotional release was agony when all I truly needed was a single second of relief. Every tear was earthshattering, all-consuming, and torn from my soul. And still, after all this time, they changed absolutely nothing. But then again, nothing ever would.

Aly Martine
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live Amazon

5 Brilliant Stars

This story this book omg this is everything, I loved it so much!I have no words I'm speechless, such a beautiful,emotional,heartwarming and intense story.I literary read it in one sitting, I couldn't put it down.It was captivating and the writing flawless.

description

I loved Cora and Penn, they have a heavy romance.I adored them and I have a smile in my face with these two.They make me aching,swooning,melting and in some parts I was emo
Wil Loves Books!
“This is the truth, Cora. This. Right here. You and me. This moment. This feeling. This is the truth.”

What can I say, another fan-freaking-tastic romantic suspense by Aly Martinez!!! Here’s the deal, every time Aly announces these duets (or any of her books for that matter), I don’t even read the blurbs. I just know I’m in for whatever wild ride Aly wants to take me in. And she never disappoints, she delivers every freaking time! I don’t even know how to begin to explain this one. A man with
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Holy shiiit!!

Now I know why Aly Martinez is the queen of duets! I’m still reeling from the shocking twists and ending that I never saw coming which is unheard of for me. Shocked is an understatement and right now, I few like making a deal with the devil himself just to get a sneak peek into the next book. How can anyone find the ability to concentrate and try to move on after reading a ending like this?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

From the moment you read the prologue, your heart starts to beat furiously and you
Stacey is Sassy
***IT'S ALIVE!!!***

When Please becomes a dirty word…

4.5 Stars

I didn’t read the blurb. Well, I probably did when Aly Martinez did the cover reveal yonky donks ago, but I haven’t looked at it since. I went into The Truth About Lies not necessarily blind but without following my usual pre-read checklist. If I pre-prepared myself for an Aly Martinez then there would be a bloody good chance I’d never start it. Aly's stories are emotional, gritty and completely suck you in.

The Truth About Lies too
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Bev
Loved it! I went in blind which is unusual for me, I need to know the far end of a wotsit before I start a book because ... picky! 🙄 And I'm so glad I did because I loved it. Fabulous characters - Cora is one of the best heroines I've ever had the pleasure to read about, and Penn ain't too bad either. Brilliant twisty, turny plot that had me scratching my head at times. Yup, loved it!

Moving straight on to the conclusion.
Priya
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not fair. What I would give to get my hands on the second book.
I am really glad that I read Nazanin's review and picked this book. This author is new to me and this was the first book by her that I read and it's safe to say that this author just blew me away.
A Dark Romantic and Suspense read.
I loved the plot ( a definitely new plot for me), I loved the pace of the story.
Most of all I really really liked Cora, she has the guts to stand up and was so intelligent and knew her moves all t
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a little disappointing for me. I was expecting a majorly action packed book with a good dose of romance, but sadly I don't feel like that's what I got. The pacing seemed off to me, as it felt slow. I feel like not that much happened tbh, and that was disappointing. I'm going to continue on to the next book in hopes that it picks up and makes up for my disappointment, because Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors...

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Cor
Corina
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, gritty, duology
This book was way grittier than I expected.

The opening was OMG - emotionally wrecking and pretty much makes you wonder for the rest of the novel what it meant. That alone is so very ALY MARTINEZ!!! She writes brilliantly and when she grabs you, your are hooked no matter what.

I really liked the topic, it was different, outside the box, and really edgy. It made for an emotional read. Complex, layered, and immersed with so many secrets I didn't know what was what - and I loved it!!!

Unfortunately ev
AJ
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“One in. One out.

5 heart-stopping stars!

OMG, Aly Martinez! What a book! I had no idea what to expect, yet it was nothing like what I was expecting, and it was everything I wanted it to be! It’s intense, fun, heartbreaking, raw, gritty, emotional and romantic, and OMG I freaking loved it!

You really want to go into this book without knowing too much about the story, because the best part is watching it all unfold, so I’m going to try and keep this review vague.

Cora’s life has been nothing but lo
chan ☆
wasn't holding my interest on audio and doesn't seem like the right kind of dark romance for me
Olga therebelreader
Another amazing addicting read..... I was really impressed with it. It was exciting, adventurous, steamy and sexy, and fun!
In The Truth About Lies you get a love between Penn and Cora that is filled with hot-insatiable sexual need for one another, and so much danger and challenges that you feel the weight of it.
I love how the author creates these characters and their love relationship that allows lightness in this dark and dangerous world where danger always seems to follow and with a venge
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "One in, one out!!!" stars***

“Breathe.
One in. One out.
As a reminder that, no matter how hard things get, everything will be fine as long as you just keep breathing.”

Wow!!!! Just wow!!! This book was... simply amazing in a weird way since the heartbreaking was all over the place in here... But still....
It was a powerful story and I'm dying to read the conclusion of Penn's and Cora story!!! And not only theirs!!!

Well, honestly I don't know from where to start...
Cora's case was spe
Karen
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Wow... very well done. But why... why did I let myself start this before the next book was published?!!! Definitely not one of my brighter moves. Now I have to stew in my battered emotions until the next book is released. Ugh.

Loved the book, though.
Jessica
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Maybe it was the audio, but this book was soooo boring until the end. And even then, I don't know if I care enough to pick up book two. I did enjoy Cora and how loyal she was to her girls, and the romance was fine, but it was hard to completely finish this audiobook.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Truth: I loved this book
Lie: I hated this book.

Truth: This is a story filled with suspense
Lie: This is a slow paced read.

Truth: I could not stop compulsively reading this
Lie: Meh, I struggled through it…

Truth: The chemistry and sex was intense and smoking hot
Lie: This was quite vanilla.

Truth: Cora is the strongest and most kick arse female I’ve ever read about
Lie: Cora really needed to grow a back bone.

Truth:Penn is absolutely gorgeous
Lie: Penn is an ugly mother fucker

Truth: There were so many
Amanda Steward
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 One in One out 🌟

Wow where do I start. This book has all kinds of feels. The butterfly in your stomach type. To me anyways. My only thing I hated about it? I have to wait for the second half. That’s my only regret I want to know what happens like now!! Gah Aly you SLAY me. Reading this reminds me why I love Aly Martinez’s writing.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font_rend

Truth. Aly Martinez is one impeccable gifted writer. Martinez continues to blow me away with her highly emotionally charged romance and flawed characters. The Truth About Lies is hands down one of the best books I have read in 2018. This book took me on an emotional journey where every word and page had my heart. With her strong, broken and yet heartrendingly beautiful characters, Aly captured our hearts as she gave us one of the most g
Dilek VT
3,5 stars rounded up to 4

My review for this duet is here in Book 2:

Jessica Alcazar
I have read a fair amount of books by this author and out of all those books I’ve read, not a single one compares to this reading experience.

Note: I read this story 1.5 times … here’s why/how: The first time I started to read this story I was determined the author was NOT gonna pull one over me (if you’ve read her duets before, then you know exactly what that means). So I’m reading and I can’t say at what exact point I thought “Jesus, what?!” … I’d been paying SO close attention that I was missi
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Ok, Aly Martinez. You got me. You got me good. I pride myself on being able to spot plot twists a mile away, but I should know by now that I’m no match for your clever mind.

The Truth About Lies is the first book in The Truth Duet, and it’s as heartbreaking and angst filled as I’ve come to expect from an Aly Martinez book. It’s also loaded with multi-faceted characters—some good, some despicable, and some whose morals are yet to be determined.

Cora constantly cares for everyone else aro
Shayna
Top Favorite

“One in. One out.”

The Truth About Lies by Aly Martinez is a soul-shredding, heart wrenching, insanely emotional romantic suspense that will leave you absolutely breathless! This sexy and intense page-turner will have you craving, gasping, and begging for more! Leave it up to Ms. Martinez to shock and amaze me once again. I went into this first book of The Truth Duet with eyes wide open, knowing that it will turn out to be a phenomenal read, like everything else this author releases into
FMABookReviews
4.5 Stars!

Color me confused! I want the TRUTH ABOUT THE LIES in this book! I mean, my head is spinning and I need someone to unscramble it. What's worse, I asked a friend (who has read it) for help and she wasn't any at all, I mean, the conversation ended with her calling me a whore and telling me I have confused her! (Oh, really? I doubt that, you sly little ... )

The long and short of it, Cora is a madam of sorts, more like a self-appointed mother living in the penthouse apartment in the sky a

• Heartbreak Warfare
  • When the Walls Come Down
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Someone Else's Ocean
  • A Place Without You
  • No Tomorrow
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • More of You (Confessions of the Heart, #1)
  • A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3)
  • Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
  • Timid (Lark Cove, #2)
  • The Left Side of Perfect (The Perfect Duet, #1)
  • Hold You Close
  • The Right Side of Forever (The Perfect Duet, #2)
  • Hate Notes
  • Perversion (Perversion Trilogy, #1)
  • Tragic (Lark Cove, #3)
Originally from Savannah, Georgia, USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez now lives in South Carolina with her husband and four young children.

Never one to take herself too seriously, she enjoys cheap wine, charcuterie boards, and her mildly neurotic golden retriever. It should be known, however, that she hates pizza and ice cream, almost as much as writing her bio in the third person.

She passe

The Truth Duet (2 books)
  • The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet, #2)