Start by marking “The Sleep Tight Motel” as Want to Read:
The Sleep Tight Motel

The Sleep Tight Motel

(Dark Corners (Amazon Original Stories))

A woman on the run finds refuge in a motel at the edge of the woods, with plenty of vacancies. Check in for the night with New York Times bestselling author Lisa Unger.

Eve has a fake ID, a .38, and a violent lover receding in the rearview mirror. He’ll never find her at the isolated motel, and its kindly manager is happy to ease her fears. But if Eve is the only guest, who

Published September 27th 2018 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about The Sleep Tight Motel, please sign up.
The Joy of Erudition
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Sleep Tight Motel
MarilynW
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Oh rats, now I want to know more, not about the past but about the "future". Eve Brown is on the run, exhausted, without hope, broken hearted, without an idea of what to do next. She's on a dark, deserted highway and pulls into the empty parking lot of The Sleep Tight Motel. Kind, hunky, Drew is there to offer her a safe haven. It'd be so nice to just stay there longer but Eve needs to keep running.

A Kindle Unlimited selection. Published September 27th 2018 by Amazon Original Stories

Pub Septemb
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Well this was creeptastic! This is a very, very atmospheric short story that was a nail biter for sure. This is just my type of read. I love these creepy road side motel stories.

A seedy, perhaps even haunted motel on the side of the road. With no other guest...I repeat NO other guest...ummmm run girl run! I would have been out of there before I even checked in. I loved this creepy motel story! Apparently I am on a roll with Lisa Unger stories this week. This is #3 and I want more.

Sign me up! I
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I loved the motel, Drew and the ending a lot!

Happy Halloween! 🎃

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Sandra
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable short story (from the Amazon "Dark Corners" series) about a girl (Eve Brown) with a fake ID, stolen money, and a gun who is on the run with an abusive ex following her and sending her threatening texts. She needs a break from driving for so long, so when she sees an isolated motel near the woods called The Sleep Tight Motel she stops for some rest. She is told by the owner that she is the only guest staying at the motel. So why, during her sleep, is she awakened by screams and noises f ...more
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Ms Unger never disappoints. Even in this short story of only 48 pages Miss Unger still manages to ratchet up the tension.

Eve is a woman on the run from her abusive husband. Exhausted, she finally has to pull into a motel to get some sleep, or so she hopes. She finds the only motel around in this dead end spot. There are no other guests in this motel which would’ve sent me running the other way, but she doesn’t have a lot of options. The nice enough appearing motel employee eases her mind a littl
Bridgett
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm such a sucker for short stories, probably thanks to Stephen King, who is the master of the short story. And the long story. And everything in between.

Anyway...

Lisa Unger nailed this one. The Sleep Tight Motel has it all--a great plot, developed characters, a spooky atmosphere, and a zinger of a conclusion. That's really all that needs to be said.

Give this one a shot, won't you?
Jayme
The cover enticed me...

The narrator’s prose mesmerized me...

And, this short story about a woman finding refuge in a cozy, secluded hotel drew me in...

So atmospheric!

An enjoyable, one sitting “listen” or “read” from the DARK CORNERS collection-7 Amazon original short stories released in 2018.

48 pages
Lisa
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thrilled to be part of DARK CORNERS, a collection of chilling stories from fave authors Jennifer McMahon, Joyce Carol Oates, Adam Haslett and more. We all love to be afraid of the dark don’t we? These are some super spooky tales just in time for Halloween!

Hope you enjoy THE SLEEP TIGHT MOTEL!
Michael David (on hiatus)
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A creepy motel in the middle of nowhere with no other guests? SIGN ME UP! I love ‘creepy motel’ stories and the vibes they give me. This is an exceptional short story about a woman on the run who ends up staying at the Sleep Tight Motel. Nobody else is staying there, so why is she hearing odd noises and screams from the room next door in the middle of the night?

There’s a couple creepy moments that made me glad I read this during the day, outside by the pool. Lisa Unger sure knows how to tell a c
Sue
Lisa Unger’s THE SLEEP TIGHT MOTEL is part of Dark Corners, a collection of seven heart-stopping short stories by bestselling authors. Each story can be read in a single sitting.

“Where are you. You’re not going to get away with this.”

Bright lights in her rear-view mirror. He is following her and sending her threatening texts. He can’t have found her. She didn’t want to be found.

Eve has a fake ID, a .38, and a violent lover receding in the rearview mirror.

Alone, driving on a dark highway…and t
preoccupiedbybooks
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
An eerie short story from the Amazon dark corners collection, about a consuming relationship and regret

Something isn't right at the sleep tight motel, but Eve Brown is on the run, and needs somewhere to stay. Eve is the only guest, so what are the bangs are screams coming from the room next door?!

This excellently written short story was so atmospheric and creepy! I read it in one go, in about half an hour, and couldn't stop turning the pages.

I loved reading about this sinister motel in the misty
Javier
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
With “Psycho” being one of my favorite movies ever, stories involving motels have always given me the creeps, so after reading some fantastic reviews from my goodreads friends I knew I had to read this short story.

The author perfectly conveyed a spooky atmosphere that had me biting my nails the whole time. A great plot with pretty well developed characters (that’s not always the case in short stories) and a conclusion I didn’t see coming and hurted a little bit. 😢

This was my first approach to L
Krystin Rachel
Book Blog | Bookstagram

Filed Under: Never go on the run in a car that needs an oil change.

This is an adorable spooky short story in the Dark Corners Collection.

Eve is on the run in a shitty old car. She's got a bag full of money, a gun and a piece-of-shit ex on her tail. It's very much Psycho-esque in that way.

When Eve realizes she can't run anymore with what little bit of sleep she's had, she pulls into a country motel with lots of vacancies. She's just going to spend one night and leave firs
Ceecee
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good short story from Lisa Unger, this time from the Amazon Dark Corners Collection. It’s an intriguing tale with a very clever twist. Thanks to Jayme et al for putting this one on my radar!
Diana | Book of Secrets
A Dark Corners short story from Amazon. Lots of creepy goodness packed into less than 50 pages! A woman running from an abusive ex and the police takes refuge in a roadside motel on a isolated stretch of highway. Even though Eve is the only guest, she keeps hearing weird and disturbing noises at night coming from the room next door. Is she brave enough to find out what's happening on the other side of the wall? Highly recommended to fans of spooky motel stories. ...more
Kimberly
Just because a story is set during Halloween it doesn't guarantee that it will be scary.

The Sleep Tight Motel felt like it might have been a bit of a slow burn thriller which is unfortunate because it was only about fifty pages long and it felt like the story never went anywhere. It was boring and cliche and I had the twist figured out long before it was revealed.
Linda Strong

She has a fake ID, a bag full of money, and a gun and she's running just as fast as she can, as far as she can. Behind her is her ex-boyfriend who keeps texting her ... I'm right behind you.

Scared, and deadly tired, she happens upon a small motel. If she can just get a couple hours rest, she thinks. She feels pretty safe in thinking he'll never find her here.

According to the owner, the motel is empty ... so why does she keep hearing thumps and bumps in the next room? And a woman screaming?

This i
Constantine
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: x-3-star, z2019-12

Rating: 3.0/5.0

Genre:
Horror + Short Story

This was not as enjoyable as the first book in the series. But for 48 pages it was still good. Sometimes I felt it was confusing a bit. I was not sure if the main character was imagining things or were happening to her. The Sleep Tight Motel is the motel to which the female protagonist goes to escaping from something/someone! Is she a reliable protagonist? Will you trust her as a reader? That you need to read yourself.

Available on Kindle Unlimited
Carolyn Walsh
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is one of seven terrifying short stories in the Amazon Prime Dark Corners collection. This is the second short story I have read by Lisa Unger and now I want to read her full-length books. Even is running from a violent and controlling lover. She has good reason to believe he intends to kill her. She takes refuge in a vacant motel on the edge of the woods. She is surprised that the rooms are so well kept and clean. Surely her abusive lover will not find her there. However she gets threateni ...more
Blair
A woman on the run checks in to the Sleep Tight Motel. It's not clear who she's running from, but the threatening texts she keeps receiving indicate an abusive ex – getting closer all the time – and she's so scared of being found that she doesn't even want her car to be visible from the road. At first, the quiet motel seems an ideal place to rest, with a charming owner and an unexpectedly comfortable bed. But then Eve is woken in the night by noise from the room next door... despite the fact tha ...more
Juli
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisa Unger never disappoints me! The Sleep Tight Motel is my favorite story in the Dark Corners Collection from Amazon/Audible. The Collection gathers seven dark, emotional tales from bestselling authors. The stories aren't really horror in the true sense, but more like dark looks into human nature and behavior. Most of the tales in the collection are dark and psychological, but not really scary. This story (and Oak Avenue by Brandi Reeds) is actually more typical horror mixed with cautionary ta ...more
Melike
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An excellent, spooky short story just in time for Halloween. I really liked the first person POV, it made the story even creepier and I felt like I was right beside Eve freaking out with her.
Tamar...playing hooky for a few hours today
The Sleep Tight Motel by Lisa Unger is the second short story in the Amazon Dark Corner Series. A young woman meets the wrong kind of guy and gets into trouble (not that kind of trouble!). Now, she’s on the run from him, and ends up at the Sleep Tight Motel where she meets the right kind of guy, I suppose.

The story is very well-written and I flew through the pages. I wish it had been a little creepier but I loved it despite the fact that it didn’t make the hairs at the nape of my neck stand at
Amitaf0208
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
interesting short story.
Nakia's Hideaway
4 out of 5!

This was a great suspenseful novella with a horror twist.

I definitely was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out why Eve was on the run and if anything sinister was going on at The Sleep Tight Motel.

It was very atmospheric and had a Halloween element to the story that I was pleasantly surprised by.

I enjoyed Lisa Unger's writing and the twist at the end.
This reminded me of a story that would be in an adult Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark collection.

And while it wasn't quite a 5-s
Diana
May 17, 2020 rated it liked it
3-1/2 stars!

The Sleep Tight Motel is a 48 page short story in the Dark Corners collection. Eve is on the run from an abusive boyfriend when she stops at the Sleep Tight Motel. As you may have guessed, Sleep Tight Motel is a small secluded hotel in which Eve is the only guest! I’m a fan of Psycho and the Bates Motel series so of course I was drawn to this title and book cover. Eve originally plans to stay the night and get back on the road early the next morning but the super nice and not at all
Laura Peden
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don’t remember how I stumbled upon this one but I’m glad I did. I have to say the quality of narration is not the best 😬 it came across as low budget...however I’m not gonna knock the book for it. I’m just happy there’s an audio copy at all. So many great Kindle Unlimited titles that are still without audio 💔
Cheryl
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a strange and dark book, I wasn’t entirely sure that was going on but it was good, I liked the mystery and I was 100% intrigued by it.

Only a short story but well told with quite a bit in it and a good ending. Thoroughly enjoyed this.
Heidy

• Slow Burner
  • Treasure
  • Buried
  • Snowflakes
  • At the Bottom of New Lake (Warmer, #6)
  • The Way the World Ends (Warmer, #1)
  • The Hillside (Warmer, #7)
  • Controller (Warmer, #3)
  • Falls the Shadow (Warmer, #5)
  • Boca Raton (Warmer, #2)
  • Will Williams
See top shelves…
Lisa Unger is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of twenty novels, including SECLUDED CABIN SLEEPS SIX (coming Nov 8), LAST GIRL GHOSTED, and CONFESSIONS ON THE 7:45 — now in development at Netflix, starring Jessica Alba. With books published in thirty-two languages and millions of copies sold worldwide, she is regarded as a master of suspense.

Unger’s critically acclaimed n

Dark Corners (Amazon Original Stories) (7 books)
  • Hannah-Beast