Start by marking “The Sleep Tight Motel (Dark Corners collection)” as Want to Read:
The Sleep Tight Motel (Dark Corners collection)

The Sleep Tight Motel (Dark Corners collection)

A woman on the run finds refuge in a motel at the edge of the woods, with plenty of vacancies. Check in for the night with New York Times bestselling author Lisa Unger.

Eve has a fake ID, a .38, and a violent lover receding in the rearview mirror. He’ll never find her at the isolated motel, and its kindly manager is happy to ease her fears. But if Eve is the only guest, who

Published September 27th 2018 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about The Sleep Tight Motel, please sign up.
Shawn
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I loved the motel, Drew and the ending a lot!

Happy Halloween! 🎃

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Sandra
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable short story (from the Amazon "Dark Corners" series) about a girl (Eve Brown) with a fake ID, stolen money, and a gun who is on the run with an abusive ex following her and sending her threatening texts. She needs a break from driving for so long, so when she sees an isolated motel near the woods called The Sleep Tight Motel she stops for some rest. She is told by the owner that she is the only guest staying at the motel. So why, during her sleep, is she awakened by screams and noises f ...more
Lisa
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thrilled to be part of DARK CORNERS, a collection of chilling stories from fave authors Jennifer McMahon, Joyce Carol Oates, Adam Haslett and more. We all love to be afraid of the dark don’t we? These are some super spooky tales just in time for Halloween!

Hope you enjoy THE SLEEP TIGHT MOTEL!
Linda Strong

She has a fake ID, a bag full of money, and a gun and she's running just as fast as she can, as far as she can. Behind her is her ex-boyfriend who keeps texting her ... I'm right behind you.

Scared, and deadly tired, she happens upon a small motel. If she can just get a couple hours rest, she thinks. She feels pretty safe in thinking he'll never find her here.

According to the owner, the motel is empty ... so why does she keep hearing thumps and bumps in the next room? And a woman screaming?

This i
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Sleep Tight Motel is my favorite of the Dark Corners collection that I've read so far. It immediately sucks you in and makes you feel for the same character. There's this sense from the beginning that something really isn't right. Watching it unfold - though - it's not scary. It's not even dark. It's a little heart-breaking and a little reassuring all at the same time.

Really well written.
Blair
A woman on the run checks in to the Sleep Tight Motel. It's not clear who she's running from, but the threatening texts she keeps receiving indicate an abusive ex – getting closer all the time – and she's so scared of being found that she doesn't even want her car to be visible from the road. At first, the quiet motel seems an ideal place to rest, with a charming owner and an unexpectedly comfortable bed. But then Eve is woken in the night by noise from the room next door... despite the fact tha ...more
Juli
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisa Unger never disappoints me! The Sleep Tight Motel is my favorite story in the Dark Corners Collection from Amazon/Audible. The Collection gathers seven dark, emotional tales from bestselling authors. The stories aren't really horror in the true sense, but more like dark looks into human nature and behavior. Most of the tales in the collection are dark and psychological, but not really scary. This story (and Oak Avenue by Brandi Reeds) is actually more typical horror mixed with cautionary ta ...more
Amitaf0208
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
interesting short story.
Melike
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An excellent, spooky short story just in time for Halloween. I really liked the first person POV, it made the story even creepier and I felt like I was right beside Eve freaking out with her.
Erth
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad, not great. Reads like a harliquin story. Nice middle of the road kind of tale. worth a look at
Melissa
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, horror
Meh...take it or leave it.
Mary  Carrasco
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written little story! Haunting for sure.
Heidy
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I liked the twist, but I'm confused about Drew's situation.
Holly
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This one just never felt like it came together all that well. The twist was not surprising, though I didn't guess it early on, but by the time it happened, I don't know. I didn't feel much for this one, nor for the main character. I don't think this collection is for me.

Rating: 2.5 stars, more like
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Very, very short novella that I read for free on Kindlr Prime. It was OK, but I definitely wouldn't pay to read (too short). It works as a time passer.
Barbara
A quick read for Halloween season.
A woman on the run, a strange motel, noises in the night, and a twist ending.
I was excited as soon as I saw Amazon's Dark Corners collection--a bunch of spooky stories just in time for October, and it's available to read and listen to on Kindle Unlimited. This one was nice and creepy and I loved the atmosphere. I didn't particularly like the ending ((view spoiler)), but the ride was still enjoyable.
Quentin Wallace
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This was good, even if somewhat predictable. Predictable doesn't always mean bad, however.

A young woman gets mixed up with the wrong guy and ends up in the middle of a robbery and murder. She pulls into a quiet deserted hotel to hide out. Then things get weird.

I can't say much more without getting into spoilers, but I did suspect the ending before I got there. Still a good creepy Halloween read.
Selu
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 rounding up to 3. I was hoping for something a bit creepier but Lisa Unger is always a solid read for me.
Nick Vantangoli
Oct 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
One is generous

This barely counts as a short story. Potential oozes from this piece but it fails to even make a college try at good writing.
Lisa
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Michelle
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I am on a roll with this series. Read two of the seven and they are totally creepy. My goal is to read them all today. Good stuff.
Cindy
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sept-2018, 2018
I had pre ordered this book and couldn't wait to read it! Once again, Lisa Unger does not disappoint. This was a short read that is perfect for a quick bedtime story if you like creepy, dark stories before bed. I personally do!

There were times I cringed and wondered about the outcome of the story. It was a great plot and an ending that surprised me!

I'm looking forward to reading more of the Dark Corners collection of short stories!
Sky
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, thriller, suspense
Getting ready for Halloween!
This was a fun read.
Marie
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5/5 This is was a perfectly spooky read for October, the story was interesting and the twist surprising.
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eerie throughout, this was an intriguing (and quick) Halloween read or listen. I liked how the story was told and progressed, and I liked the ending. It hits the creepy on a couple of different levels and was a well-done horror short story.
Beth Roberts
Now this is an effective short story. Very well done. I've a thing for crows - I love it when they pop up in a story, mythology and all.

Also, as brief as this was, it had some pretty keen insights:

It's such a female thing, to reflexively apologize for everything, for your very existence it sometimes seems.

I feel that familiar niggle of not wanting to disappoint anyone, ever, for any reason. Another female quirk, isn't it? Always be polite, meet expectations, smile when you don't want to, cry ins
Beth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
are u a scary story halloween fan?

Oh my goodness, what a great idea ...from the 7 books the ones I did enjoy the best were "The Sleep Tight Motel" 1st & "Hannah-Beast" 2nd, if you know anything about Beth... I love mysteries ...but I don't really enjoy the scary parts. I love parts of Halloween. but the happy scary part. I think my understanding of these stories were meant to be short and quick ... maybe to get you hooked to read more from the author of you so desire?!
Autumn
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Out of the books I have read so far in the Dark Corners Collection I have to say this by far was my favorite. On the run is Eve who is running from a man who she thought she loved. He has turned her into someone she is not and unfortunately it took her losing someone who liked her and made sure she was okay to fully realize this. When she gets to the middle of nowhere and sees this quiet motel she decides to stop for the night. She will be gone by morning and he won't be able to catch her or at ...more
Heather
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fast paced story. It’s also a short story. I enjoyed it, and I loved the details in the story. It was very predictable though.
Lisa Unger is the New York Times and internationally bestselling, award-winning author of sixteen novels. Her new release UNDER MY SKIN is named one of the most anticipated and top thrillers of fall 2018 by BookBub, Bookish, Library Journal, Booklist, PopSugar and CrimeReads!

Her books are published in twenty-six languages worldwide, have sold millions of copies and have been voted “Best of the Yea