Start by marking “The Charmer in Chaps (Princes of Texas #1)” as Want to Read:
The Charmer in Chaps (Princes of Texas #1)

The Charmer in Chaps

(Princes of Texas #1)

The first in a sexy new contemporary western romance series from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia London where cowboys and true love brings you home...

Cimarron County knows the youngest son of the fabled Prince family as a womanizing hell-raiser, but Luca has another side to him. He intends to turn the overworked pasture land his father left him back t
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Expected publication: May 7th 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Charmer in Chaps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Charmer in Chaps

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Aww what a great story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The story has a lot of similar attributes that we see in a rich cowboy scenario. One of them is the girl next-door.

After meeting in high school, Ella developed a man-size crush on Luca that never faded. When opportunity came knocking for her to have her own home that happened to be a neighboring lands with the Prince family, she dreaded running into Luca.

Shy and unassuming, Ella is definitely not one to stand out in a crowd. When Luca realized who she
Beth
The Charmer in Chaps is a sweet and endearing romance that is sure to past the test of time.

Ella is an accountant that has struggled with her beginnings in the foster care system. She is pulled back to Cimarron County when she is told that her biological grandmother has left her her run down farm in her will. Ella jumps at a chance to have something of her own and goes back to Cimarron, only to discover that the farm is inhabited by a rag tag collection of misfit animals, the house is in worse c
IJ
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I am a Book Blogger at For the Southwest By the Southwest Book Corner. This is the first book in the series 'The Princes of Texas'.
I can honestly say that I was completely enjoying the book, the characters were fun and very interesting to follow. The characters I could really relate to as being real.
But... I was a little more than 1/2 way thru the book, when the vulgarity started. The sex scenes turned pretty vulgar, and I have a rule, if I would be ashamed of someone picking up a book and readi
Shelagh
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy! Julia London has surprised and delighted me again. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of The Charmer in Chaps, a contemporary small town romance and the first in a new series.
This story is set in Three Rivers, Texas and stars Ella Kendall, a survivor of the foster care system, and the stunningly handsome and utterly charming Luka Prince. With her mother in prison and having endured some unspeakably awful foster situations, Ella has always tried to do the right thing, including studying
Seema Rao
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
There were many strengths to this book. First, it was very well actualized. The language is solid, with some wonderful conversational passages. The main characters, Ella and Luca, fall in line with many tropes of the genre (high school classmates, huge/ uneven crush, playboy and poor girl. The tropes of the genre (notice I don't say stereotypes) didn't at all bother me. The nuances of character outweighed any elements of familiar plotting.

Of course, the tone of my first sentence should indicate
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a newbie to Julia London, but no more! I absolutely loved this book! The Charmer in Chaps is hilarious (Luca's mother and grandmother especially), honest, sexy, and romantic. Regardless of how things were growing up, we all had that one guy that was our vision of perfection, right? Twelve years after Luca randomly kisses Ella at prom, they meet again when she moves back home to inherit her grandmother's crumbling house. She snubs him at first, mortified that he doesn't remember her, but onc ...more
Dottie Legatos
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an appropriate title for the first in a new series by Julia London. I was definitely charmed by the lead male character, Luca, who at first may seem like an entitled rich Texas cowboy, but after getting further into his story, he is just like anyone else with self- esteem issues in their lives. Ella has been charmed by Luca since high school, although she believed him to be way out of her league, as she grew up in the foster care system. This was a very nice relationship to see grow.
Julia L
Luz Trevino
The Charmer in Chaps is the first book in the Princes of Texas series. We are introduced to the wealthy Prince siblings. Nick is the oldest and has twin siblings, Nick and Hallie.
This story belongs to Nick. Nick is a very unique and strong hero. He has suffered from dyslexia since he was young and due to this he has moved along life without being able to read, hold onto a job and have a more stable relationship. Nick has a very big heart and I thought he was a very sweet and real hero.
Nick runs
Becky Burciaga
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly smart, fast paced dialog...entertaining, witty, oftentimes wry banter, and colorful characters. There is a unique perspective that flows throughout the story...a heartfelt and prevalent message of adult literacy, as well as the need for better stewardship of land use and conservation. These messages are done in such a manner that they are meaningful and impactful, as well as eye openers.

The author has introduced a wonderfully dysfunctional family, who are sure to steal your heart. As b
Heather andrews
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Luca can always count on his sister to keep him grounded, “I mean, she doesn’t like me,” he said, and gestured to himself. Hallie laughed. Actually, she howled. “Okay, it’s not that funny,” Luca said, and when Hallie didn’t stop laughing, he demanded, “What is the matter with you?” Luca sometimes has to clarify himself, “Ella, it’s nine thirty. I meant are you up, am I bothering you,” he said, and took her hand in his. “And as much as I would love it, I didn’t come here to get you into bed.” I l ...more
Lesa
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of the Prince, Luca Prince, and the Pauper, Ella Kendall. Luca is the youngest son of the oldest, richest family in Texas. The town of Three Rivers is named after his family's ranch. Luca has led a charmed life while harboring a secret about himself that is really and open secret to those who have known him all his life. Still, he's embarrassed about it and intends to fix it.

Ella is the product of the foster care system. She worked two jobs to put herself through college, a fe
Romantic Reads and Such
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not a huge fan of the modern rake as a character (I don't know why it works better for me in a historical) and Luca irritated me at first meeting, but while he was busy trying to win over Ella, he charmed me too.  I grew to admire his determination and hard work, especially with the lack of real support from his family.  As shiny as he looks from the outside, he has troubles that has followed him from his childhood and it takes a strong person to be willing to pursue a dream and try to impro ...more
Yvonne
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book starts out with Ella Kendall explaining her high school crush on Luca Prince and how it still stuck with her years later. When she moves back to her hometown and runs into Luca. He at first does not recognize her. But his high school years were plagued with his own issues that stem with his learning disability and his family money. Ella grew up in foster care but recently inherited a house from her Grandma. This property is in the middle of the Prince land and she ends up running into ...more
Julie
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, romance, arc-s
This was the perfect weekend read! This is the trope of poor girl/rich boy with a common ground of mutual attraction and past hardship. Ella finally has a home of her own after years of living in foster care and is working at getting established as an accountant. Luca, the local rich boy, connects with Ella as he starts pursuing a dream of his own and facing some personal challenges. There's a mutual attraction that they can't help but explore despite Ella's misgivings.

While there wasn't a lot
Sandy Reilly
It's always sweet when a renowned "playboy" falls for the girl-next-door, changing his lifestyle and everything else he thinks will help him prove to her that he's serious about her. London adds an additional layer by weaving in the the defense mechanisms of a rich guy who's had to hide his illiteracy his whole life and a poor woman who was raised in one foster home after another, making their journey one big struggle to get past one another's emotional boundaries. I liked both Luca and Ella, an ...more
Linda Rea
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have never read any of Julia’s books before and I sincerely loved it. Ella is tough but sensitive and she is determined to make this rundown house she inherited from her grandmother work. She is trying really hard to survive so when her high school crush rides up on a horse she doesn’t think she can breathe never mind survive, but he doesn’t remember her.
Luca has the world at his feet and his family has more money than they know what to do with but he doesn’t care. Luca wants to return the lan
A
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ella Kendall had a huge crush on Luca prince in high school.He transferred to her school in her junior year.The prince family has a ranch which the town is named after.Luca gave Ella a Earth shattering kiss her senior year then acted like it never happened.Ella and Stacy aged out of the foster care. Ella had several bfs but never connected to any of them.Ella finished her accounting degree and has an accounting job and a hostess job.No guy ever had the effect on her that Luca had.Ella hasn't see ...more
Once Upon
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michelle
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-received, e-book
Oh my goodness, I have a soft spot for Luca Prince a mile wide. Just when you think you know who somebody is, they prove that you cannot judge a book by its cover. He was the epitome of a rich, carefree playboy without a care in the world. Little did anyone know the depth of his passion for his cause, the yearning he had for a soulmate, and the struggles he faced all his life with his disability.
I had a little bit of trouble falling in love with Ella. She was fun and funky and I love that she j
Nancy Ku
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Charmer in Chaps (Princes of Texas #1) by Julia London .. This is the first book in a new series PRINCES OF TEXAS by Julia London.. Thanks to her, the publisher and #NetGalley for allowing me to preview this book. This is Lucas and Ella's story... they each have their problems to get over... she has crushed on him since high school ..she was a foster child and is trying to make ends meet ..he is good looking and rich. This story has laughs, tears, angst, problems to solve, interesting family ...more
Readaholic
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Ella has always had a crush on Luca Prince, ever since they were in high school together. Years later Ella has an opportunity to come back to Three Rivers where she grew up and she runs into Luca out of all people.
I loved the way this story started out, with the chance encounter and Luca not recognizing Ella. I enjoyed the way the relationship played out between Ella and Luca. They had a sweet romance and I loved the early stages when they were still getting to know each other before they becam
Alisa
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ever read a book and that makes you feel like you really know the characters? Well this is that book. It reads like your living their lives right there with them. I loved it! Luca Prince, enough said. Luca and Ella were so not what the other expected. Luca was so perfectly imperfect that your heart just melts. Ella had a tough upbringing and lots of self-worth issues, but you get it. Together they were super hot and surprisingly funny. Great supporting cast of friends and family that leave you w ...more
Adriana
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is an easy to read and charming (had to go there) romance where the inveterate playboy finds himself changed for the better after falling in love with the girl next door. Both Luca and Ella have problematic personality quirks that I'm not a big fan of, but the story plays into them and gives both its leads a chance to better themselves and grow. And it doesn't stop with just the leads, almost every major side character also gets at least a bit of character growth and development.
Becca
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia London's newest series lands us in Texas, where we meet Ella and Luca. Both have overcome a lot in their lives - one living what appears to be a charmed life while the other is battling their way to respectability. And the obstacle now is each other. A wonderful read with a great cast of human and animal characters.

Thank you to the author and Berkeley Publishing for the chance to read an advanced copy in exchange for review.
Rita
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is about life challenges and some of the struggles people go through. Luca and Ella have grown up in totality different worlds. Although they have learnt to deal with their own problems, now they have to learn to open up and brake down some of the barriers they’ve put up to let each other in. Heart warming story with great supporting characters.
Terri
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is the start of a new series. This is the story of Ella Kendall and Luca Prince. They met in high school, she thought there was a spark, he didn’t. They meet again when they are adults. Is there a spark now? They begin to “not date”, but get together. They come from very different worlds, and that begins to interfere. This is a great start to a new series and I can’t wait for the next one in the series!
Brittany
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, first-to-read
Review to come.

*ARC provided by Penguins First to Read program in exchange for an honest review.
Alisha
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25
Quinn Fforde
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this engrossing story about Ella and Luca. They had so many ups and downs in this story. I really loved how vulnerable Luca made himself to Ella. They had some beautiful conversations.
Molly
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am not really into westerner books. I gave this one a chance and I liked it, but this genre is just not me. I think people who like this genre will enjoy this book.
Julia London is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of more than two dozen romantic fiction novels. She is the author of the popular historical romance series, the Cabot Sisters, including The Trouble with Honor, The Devil Takes a Bride, and The Scoundrel and the Debutante. She is also the author of several contemporary romances, including Homecoming Ranch, Return to Homecoming R ...more