Start by marking “Bought for Marriage (Bought by the Billionaire Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Bought for Marriage (Bought by the Billionaire Book 1)

Bought for Marriage

(Bought by the Billionaire #1)

This sexy billionaire needs a bride, and he’s not above buying one!

Real estate mogul Sullivan Bradford’s family is pushing hard for him to get married. When his mom sets up an appointment for him with a matchmaker, he seizes the opportunity. A business arrangement with a suitable candidate is just the thing to get his parents off his back.

The last thing Kinsley Taylor wa
Published September 10th 2018 by One Handed Reads

To ask other readers questions about Bought for Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bought for Marriage

Mindy Lou's Book Review
There is just something about contract marriages that I love. I think it's kind of a like a modern day Cinderella story with a twist.

Kinsley's brother needs surgery on his spine and the insurance company is denying coverage for the surgery. When she is contacted by Luxe Connections for a possible marriage matchmaking connection, she realizes she can use this opportunity to help her brother pay for his surgery.

Sullivan has no desire to get married but when his mom made him an appointment with he
Jenny
I love a good marriage of convenience story and this one was great. Hero is looking for a contract wife, he wants no emotions, no children just an arranged marriage. Heroine is looking for a rich man not because she is a gold-digger but because she needs money for her brother's surgery. However they soon fall in love and Kinsley is pregnant so all bets are off. Safe: no virgins here but they are both faithful. Epilogue with 2 kids and heroine graduating is adorable. Can't wait for book 2!
Coco.V
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!
♡Tonya♡

Fiona Davenport is one of my favorite writing duos! I dont have many that I auto buy and they have been one of the few. While I appreciate that this is safe and neither are with others after they meet, I just struggled warming up to the hero, Sullivan.

Sullivan was kind of a jerk. I don't mind that as long as they redeem themselves earlier on, but it felt like it was way late in the book before I felt his affection for the heroine.

-no cheating
-no ow/om drama -
-no pushing away but they
Kayla Brunson
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, romance
This was my first Fiona Davenport book so I didn’t really know what to expect. As you can tell by my rating, I really enjoyed this!

Marriage of convenience is one of my favorite tropes to read about. Sullivan and Kinsley started out that way but ended up with so much more. Sullivan came off as a typical jerk in the beginning and it took a bit for me to warm up to him. Once he started falling for Kinsley, I had hearts in my eyes! Speaking of Kinsley, I loved her. She was so sweet and wore her hear
AvidReader
An ok read.
Recommended.
Melissa
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

This is a quick, sweet, sexy and completely safe read. Kinsley and Sullivan were enjoyable and likeable characters. I do look forward to the next book in the series.
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Desperate times and all that...Sullivan has reached that point and is willing to do anything to thwart his mom's not at all subtle attempts to play matchmaker. He doesn't have the time nor inclination for a relationship, but neither does he have the ability to tell his mom this either. Instead, he decides an arranged marriage is the answer to his problem. Everything will be planned and he'll get the perks.

Kinsley's brother needs medical treatment, but it's expensive and the insuranc
Nova
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a new series, I love her books so couldn’t wait to read it. I wasn’t disappointed.

Sullivan is trying to focus on the family Real Estate business when his mother and father decide it’s time for him to get married and sets him up with an appointment with a matchmaking service. Seeing the benefits of having a marriage of convenience he goes along with the plan, that is until he meets Kinsley and can see more than he ever thought waited for him in the future. Suddenly marr
Missy's Book World
I enjoyed Bought For Marriage the first book in this new series by Fiona Davenport. I liked the marriage of convince aspect. The Heroine was great and had a good heart. The Hero was an OTT billionaire alpha but was sweet the heroine. Overall, it was an amazing short length insta romance story.

HEA- (view spoiler)
Angst Level- Low
Heat level- Medium
Pages- 70-ish
Chitra *CJ*
"Bought for Marriage" is the story of Kenzie and Sullivan.
Two strangers enter into a marriage of convenience with bedroom rights, only to fall head over heels and boink like horny bunnies in this short and sweet read.
I really enjoyed it! Also, an extra star for anal. And another for the sex toys and bred epilogue.
Cant wait to read more!
Safe
4/5
Ayekah
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick and fun read with plenty of romance!
Sullivan needs and wants to get his mother off his back with her endless matchmaking nonsense. He doesn't have time for dating much less having a relationship, he's too busy working and building his empire, working his end of the family business. When good old mom sets him up with an old college friend who runs a very discreet matchmaking service for people "like" him. Applies to both men and women who have no time to court but need a marriage for wha
Jennifer Finn
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Bought by the Billionaire series by Fiona Davenport. I’m so thrilled that Rochelle and Elle are back together writing as Fiona. Whenever I see the name I know it’s an automatic one click for me and I’ve not been disappointed yet. Sullivan Bradford is 32 years old and he’s the Vice President of Bradford Enterprises and Real Estate. He’s much too busy to be dating but his mother is constantly bugging him to settle down and get married. His mom convinces him to see her ...more
Babel
A lovely romance full of heat.

I was instantly attracted to the premise. A workaholic of a man is pressured to find a suitable wife, but he goes about it as a business transaction. Contract, stipulations, and above all, no feelings allowed.

That’s it until he meets the best candidate: a good-hearted, smart beauty, and cannot resist the temptation to claim her body and ring.

I loved how Sullivan goes from business-obsessed to fully besotted with his wife. Imagine a rich man all possessive and alpha
Speed
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Another sweet love story! We have Sullivan a real estate mogul, being hounded by his Mum to marry. Kinsley, needs financial help in a major way for her older brother. Together they meet at a discreet matchmaking company and though at first it seems they aren't going to fall for each other, they do
HEA for Sullivan and Kinsley followed by an awesome epilogue! 4 solid stars***
lily waheed
Nice read
Carole Ann
3.5 Stars. Quick, cute read. Like able MCs.
Djg
I really liked this. It was a quick read and I do wish it was longer but looking forward to the next book.

Billionaire workaholic and sweet girl needing money to pay for her brother's surgery. Sparks fly immediately and they make a deal to marry for mutual convenience. Loved that they didn't hem and haw around and that sex was always on the table.

Kai
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Safe, sweet, cute kind of instalove book.
Shreeya
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet!

This was a fast-paced sweet read. The characters fell for each other quickly and had a HEA. This was a SAFE book!
Chanette Mills
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda Quick
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this sexy and fun modern day fairy tale. Sullivan is a wealthy businessman who is pressured by his family to find a wife. So he decides to find a suitable woman to fulfill the role as a contract, not a romance. Taylor's brother is ill and needs expensive surgery, so when she is offered the chance to be with Sullivan and provide her brother with the needed surgery, she jumps at it. However, with all the best made plans, things didn't go the way either of them anticipated.

If y
No OW drama
HEA with epilogue
Bree
Happy Release Day!
Make sure you add it to your Want to Read shelf!

I have to say these instant love/short romances are such a hit or miss for me, and most of time it is a miss. I totally see the appeal of being able to pick up a quick read in between little breaks of your life, but I feel like for that you are really trading in your character development. There is this connection to characters that you really only can develop with time. I keep reading books like Bought for Marriage and my bigg
Penny
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Rating: 4+ “HEA all the way” Stars

Could this book be any more perfect?? Bought For Marriage was everything I was hoping it would be and it left me completely satisfied with its sweet sexiness.

I know some people don’t enjoy the whole “pretend-relationship” trope but I just love it, and this one was flawlessly done.

Sullivan is just not in a place where he can commit time and headspace to a romantic relationship. But when his parents meddling gets to be too much, he agrees to see a matchmaker… only
Up All Night With Books
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

I am a lover of all books about arranged marriages and Bought for Marriage by Fiona Davenport is another great book within that trope. It is a short read that will have you flipping those pages!

The last thing on Sullivan’s mind is dating much less marriage. When his mother sets up an appointment with an old college friend of hers that is now a matchmaker he cannot say no. Sullivan decides it is time to get his family off
Laurie
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I’m not usually one to go for a contract marriage type of plot, but I knew Fiona Davenport usually gives me a quick, hot, sexy read with enough plot to keep me satisfied so I went for it, and I’m glad I did. It was everything I expected.

Sullivan is a workaholic with a meddling mother he can’t say no to so when she sets him up an appointment with a matchmaker he agrees. He then embarks on finagling the business deal to end all business deals, a marriage. He wants all the perks of marriage with no
Katrina Berry
Bought For Marriage by Fiona Davenport is a short read that incorporates themes of instalove and contract marriage. For once this was a miss for me. When writing these type of short romances an author has to be careful to balance it all out and many times that is hard for them to do within such tight constraints; I’ve only run across a few that are able to nail it.

This was a fast-paced, dual point-of-view read that was unfortunately so fast that the transition from locations was a hot mess. For
  • Play it Again, Sam  (Cougar Challenge, #1)
  • White
  • The Sailor's Secret Baby
  • Luke: A Scrooged Christmas
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, #1)
  • The Temptress (Bad Girls #1)
  • Player (Taboo Shorts, #2)
  • The Captain's Challenge (Master of the City, #7)
  • The Virgin's Baby (Book One)
  • Naughty Little Wishes (Birthday Dare, #2)
  • Luring Lucy
  • All Is Bright (Firecats Book, #0.5)
  • The Stephanides Pregnancy
  • His Dirty Secret (Best Friend, #2)
  • Berserker (A Real Man, 18)
  • His Touch
  • Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)

Bought by the Billionaire (3 books)
  • Bought For Love (Bought by the Billionaire #2)
  • Bought For Protection (Bought by the Billionaire #3)