Start by marking “The Crane War (The Metaframe War, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Crane War (The Metaframe War, #5)

The Crane War

(The Metaframe War)

A Thrilling Dark Fantasy Action Adventure

Hunters and vampires are fighting a secret war for control of the fabric of reality. Whoever acquires mastery of the reality shifting powers of the Metaframe will become the new gods of the universe.

"Imagine if you could change the rules of the game, what rules would you choose?"

ON THE EDGE OF ANNIHILATION!

The Order of Thoth is on
Published December 25th 2019 by System Zero Productions Pty Ltd (first published December 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Crane War, please sign up.
Graeme Rodaughan This book is expected to be published by December the 1st 22nd 30th 2019.

(10th Sept 2019) Last revision of this answer. Barring accident. This book…more
This book is expected to be published by December the 1st 22nd 30th 2019.

(10th Sept 2019) Last revision of this answer. Barring accident. This book will publish in 2019.(less)

Start your review of The Crane War (The Metaframe War, #5)
Marie
HOLY HEAT SEEKING MISSILES!

Crane-War-Image-with-text.jpg

The fifth book in the Metaframe War series just kicked everything up a notch as practically the whole book was like one big fire fight! I felt like I had been plucked out of my warm and cozy chair then slammed into a movie theatre seat with movie cinematics flashing before my eyes! Action is basically non-stop throughout most of the book and once again I had to grab my snacks as I settled down into my seat as I knew there was not going to be time for any breaks while
Graeme Rodaughan
Aug 22, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a thrilling story with epic action heroes and mighty villains.
I was wandering the streets and back alleys of the city, wondering what was going to happen in ‘The Crane War’ - the fifth book in the Metaframe War series by Graeme Rodaughan.

I passed an alleyway stinking of stale urine and something that might've died a week ago. “Pssssstttt,” hissed a vaguely human form standing in the deep shadows of the alleyway. “Do you want some?”

“What?” I asked. The hairs on the back of my neck started to rise, a dreadful itch working it’s way into existence between my
Jody
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bloodsuckers
First, I would like to thank the author, Graeme Rodaughan, for providing me with an ARC copy of The Crane War. And a shout out to all the folks at Castle Dracula for a fantastic buddy read.

It’s hard to believe we are already 5 books into The Metaframe War series. The story picks up right after the conclusion of book 4. The Order of Thoth has taken a huge loss against the vampires and now the Mirovar force team is looking for a way to even the score. They want to strike directly at the heart of
Ginger
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc, buddy-read
What a great addition to The Metaframe War series! Thank you to Graeme Rodaughan for letting me read an ARC of the new book, The Crane War!

The Crane War starts off with The Order of Thoth almost being destroyed by inside forces and vampires.

The Order of Thoth is a secret fighting organization that is trying to finish off the vampires once and for all. These vamps are not sparkling vampires with romantic tendencies. Oh no, they are blood thirsty, deadly and cunning!

The Vampire Dominion is ruled
Terry
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 rounded up to 5.0 stars! Just as in the previous four books, I really enjoyed reading this next installment. These books in this series are just all kinds of fun. Great characters, which we're watching grow and mature in their roles plus nonstop action keep you on the edge of your seat. And the big picture storyline is intriguing, with twists and turns in new directions happening constantly. I really don't know where the next book will take us, but I'm excited to find out. And, what a great ...more
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC received from the author for a buddy read with Castle Dracula group
Thank you Graeme Rodaughan. This was a hell of a ride.

Fan Art by The Magic Book Corner

The fifth installment in the Metaframe War series is hot action from beginning to the very end. As usual, the story picks up right after the end of the previous book and kicks off from the very first page.

The Order of Thoth is on the verge of destruction. Arthur Slayne has returned from exile. The foremost foe of the Vampire Dominion seeks
Andrew
***ARC version received from the author for a reading with Castle Dracula group.***

I was looking forward to read this chapter of the series and I must say that I liked it very much. The story picks up where the previous chapter ended with the Order of Toth in jeopardy and a handful of teams opposing the Vampire Dominion. Arthur Slayne's appearance and a mission that can change the fortunes of war, are the fulcrum around which story revolves.

But there are also numerous and intricate subplots,
Lena
05571378-1CE5-4AD2-8CEC-8D0B058568C9.jpg
Finally, we meet the great grizzled warrior Arthur Slayne, for four books we’ve been hearing about him. Arthur has an amazing plan, twenty years in the making, to take down the Vampire Dominion.

Unfortunately, teenagers.

That mostly sums my feelings on this chapter of the Metaframe. Great characters like Chloe, Louise, and Crane are just riding the wind. This book is about a vicious battle between Arthur, Team Mirovar, and Team Blake against a bunch of vampires. It’s a one-sided affair.
C2A85DAA-C990-4DEF-88F8-FF36DDDD1771.jpg

While I
Alex
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
TL;DR--Although at this point in the series, I would've liked more world building--especially in terms of the Metaframe itself--there's more than enough awesome non-stop action and plot complexities to keep readers engaged and entertained.

Quite a number of exciting world-building developments were merely touched upon at the expense of action. In addition, as the story progressed some of the tension was taken away by almost flawless planning.

Having said that, the nemesis tower sequence is easily
Nick
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC from the author as part of a group early read for the Castle Dracula group.

Ok so the fifth installment of the series has some really big moments. There's a ton of action, lots of good character development and the story gets deeper and more twisting.

Anton's new abilities are out of control and, while powerful, are dangerous to him and his friends and team mates. His relationship with his Grandfather is an interesting dynamic and Arthurs own character
Eldon Farrell
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I have read the four previous entries in this series, which with this volume, I believe is about halfway finished now. This has been a very action-packed series and The Crane War is certainly no slouch in the action department. Graeme Rodaughan knows how to craft a tremendous fight sequence and he's no stranger to guns either, it seems.

As I read through this book though, I found it disappointing in some areas. First, the length. This story is bloated at north of 140k words. A strong
J. Gowin
Albert
Sep 22, 2019
Hanah
Sep 23, 2019

• The White Road (Charlie Parker, #4)
  • The Sorrows
  • Clarkesworld Magazine, Issue 155
  • Grave Importance (Dr. Greta Helsing #3)
  • The Suicide Motor Club
  • The Other Lodgers
  • The Lurking Fear
  • Up to No Good (Ace's Wild #11)
  • Caged In (Ace's Wild #12)
  • The Inn
  • John Charrington’s Wedding
  • The Devil and Tom Walker
  • The Disasters
  • Emergency Skin
  • Summer Frost
  • Ark
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination
I have one rule: Deliver an immersive reading experience that will transport you from the everyday world into a realm of fantastic imagination - and leave you there until you're forced to come up for air...

I'm in love with character driven high-octane, action packed, thrilling stories with epic heroes and mighty villains. I want suspense, I want characters with depth who I really care what happens

The Metaframe War (5 books)
  • A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1)
  • A Traitor's War (The Metaframe War, #2)
  • The Dragon's Den (The Metaframe War, #3)
  • The Day Guard (The Metaframe War, #4)
“I value liberty above all else. Without liberty, no other value can be realized.” 60 likes
“There always comes a time in life where you can either give up or step up.” 43 likes