Start by marking “Switch Stance” as Want to Read:
Switch Stance

Switch Stance

4.79  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
A #MyNewLife & Country Road Series Crossover Standalone

I, Agnes Sylvester, a successful author known as Adeline Snow to the romance community, enjoy the simple things in life: watching the X Games with my childhood friend Todd; taking pictures of interesting buildings; and creating stories based on fantasies about my favorite skateboarder, Spencer Garrison. I’m know
ebook
Published September 2018

To ask other readers questions about Switch Stance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switch Stance

Samantha
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I've fallen in love with Andrea's Work after I read The Break Series, she's an one click author for me, I have some of M.E. Carter's work on the kindle but never had a chance to read some yet, but after this novel her books are up next :).
Switch Stance a Romcom by these two lovely authors, was amazing, page turning, funny, great characters. You wanted to know more about Adeline and Spencer from the very first two chapters, i couldn't wait to finish this loved it from beginning to end the cha
McKinnze
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think I knew from the very first chapter that I was going to love this book. It started off very strong, introducing our main characters and their amazing qualities in a way that made me want to climb into the story and find out what was going to happen next. Our quirky heroine was so sweet and endearing that I rooted for her from the very beginning. And our sexy skateboarding muse was just the cherry on top of the story.

So you're probably wondering why I only gave it 4 stars. Well, besides t
Debbie
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When one of your very favorite authors takes a character from her Country Road series & pairs with another fave author and a character from her My New Life series, you know it’s going to be amazing!

Aggi is quirky & klutzy and yet Adi is a badass (although we see her inner insecurity from time to time). Spencer is a dreamy extreme athlete but we see his softer side with Aggi!

Kate though. I loooove Kate. She represents all of us book nerds who love a good romance with a swoony hero and fan
Megan
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! There are so many moments that make you feel. There are times you want to just shove the characters together and tell them they are perfect for each other but watching their story progress is so satisfying. I loved this collab and can't wait for more from both of the authors!
Andrea
Aug 22, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
description

Pre-order EXCLUSIVELY on iBooks
For the special limited time price of just $2.99 here --> http://bit.ly/SSiBooks
Cover reveal: August 24
iBooks release day: September 16
Amazon release day: September 21

We're donating 50% of all ebook proceeds from release day through September 30, 2018 to A.skate. A.skate is an acronym for Autism, Skating with Kids through Acceptance, Therapy, and Education. For more information visit A.skate.org.
Kayla Busch
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved every second of this book! Andrea Johnston and M.E. Carter need to write more books together ASAP, because this book was everything. I loved how relatable Aggi was in this book! She was kindhearted, funny, had insecurities about herself and was accident prone but all of these qualities came together and made her one of the most endearing characters I have read about in awhile. Plus add in the fact that she is this amazing extreme sports author, who has a major crush on her muse and you h ...more
Kathy Schofield
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
When two of my most favourite authors get together and pen a story, you just know it'll be bloody great!!
These characters are real and so much of what we all are secretly - book nerds!!
The utter clumsiness of the main character Addi/Aggi just screams normal!! We've all made utter dicks of ourselves in the most spectacular way time or another as adults!!
I always love how the two authors interweave the joy of charity and volunteering work.
There is much to love about this first time get togethe
Heather
Shelves: 2018
I love M.E. Carter and Andrea Johnston separately and was excited/nervous to see how their collaboration would be. This book flew so high in the air with the best tricks. I just loved it.
As much as I'd think the book I'd about skateboarding, it's not. Its about finding your true self and believing in who you are. It's about taking a chance though it scares you. The chemistry and burn between Adi/Aggi and Spencer was perfect.
Brittany Johnson
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun loving read! The heroine is my spirit animal in so many ways, I absolutely loved her and how her world got turned upside-down when she meets her muse. The hero in the story is awesome and adorable. He's an extreme athlete with such a great heart but doesn't play games and gets right to the point of what he wants and that is not only swoony but awesome when it comes to beginning relationships. I just loved the genre of this story and how it rolled through out the whole book. Wonderful ...more
Erin Sullivan koepplinger
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow, I loved this book so much! What an amazing collaboration between two fantastic authors. I really loved the peek into the mind of an author. Aggi was such an awesome character. The anxiety, writer's block, having to be THAT person in public, no matter who you are in real life. And Spencer...... sigh..... I want to meet him at a book signing!! Lol.
I hope this is not the last of the teamwork of this duo! Andrea Johnston and M.E. Carter nailed it!
Cassidy
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Switch Stance was a very fun read. It is about an author and a professional skateboarder. I absolutely loved that so many things about the book world were included in the story. It’s romcom at its finest. I was a little disappointed that sexy time was glossed over. I like to have the choice to read it or not. This story will make you giggle, swoon, and appreciate what an awesome community we are a part of.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Judy W
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Received this book as an ARC.

This was a little different from my normal reads. But I liked it. I was a little impatient for things to happen. But super happy with the ending. This is a new to me author(s). They will be selling this book to raise money for Autism! Even though I received and ARC, I will also purchase the book.
Lora Edwards
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. Imagine combining to superpowers and that is what you get from the combo of these two authors. I loved the behind the scenes quality this book gave and the glimpse into the crazy world of book signings and super fans. Of course the hero was also swoon worthy. My favorite part was that the characters were real with real flaws. And talk about funny!! This book had all the feels and is one that should not be missed.
Aly
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ME Carter and Andrea Johnston are forces to be reckoned with on their own - together, they’re a firestorm of talent and wit!

Switch Stance takes Adeline Snow, a romance author with awesome style and a great sense of humor, and throws her together with Spencer Garrison, extreme skateboarder and the muse who she bases her male characters off of.

This sweet romance is fun to read, let’s us catch up with a few of our favorite Carter and Johnston characters, will have you laughing, and leave you smil
Kristina Bowen
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Imagine meeting your celebrity crush, I for one couldn’t imagine it ever happening but for Agnes it happened. I feel like I know Anges, well at least her insecurities and clumsiness. No matter what/how you feel about yourself, your man is the one that makes you feel absolutely beautiful and Spencer is a good man to help her stay out of her head. Skateboard legend and sport romance author make a great story. Thank you Andrea and ME for bringing your two worlds together.
Kathryn Linke
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Switch Stance is such a fun, engaging read full of heat, heart and humor! A slow burn romance, with quite a few laugh out loud moments.

I adore the Country Road series, and could not wait to read Spencer's story. Although I haven't read the #MyNewLife series, this title has just whet my appetite.

Switch Stance features Agnes Sylvester and Spencer Garrison. Both characters are not only realistic and relatable, but endearing and dynamic.

Spencer is a sexy pro-skateboarder, dedicated, passionate, and
Megan | A Page to Turn
Adeline Snow is an author, and the persona of a very insecure and awkward dork. Adeline is the epitome of a bad-ass who LOOKS like she has her life together. This story, Switch Stance, gives us a glimpse behind the scenes if you will. Behind her signings, her travel antics, and her love of photography. Adi is exactly every author I can think of when they have to be "on" for a signing or appearance. Then her normal self, in the olaf pajamas with room service, is exactly how I picture them all whe ...more
Misty
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite things to read is when two authors I adore decided to team up and write a novel together. When I learned these two were doing it (and for charity I might add) I was giddy with excitement. The best part of this is how the writing is so seamless that I couldn't tell who wrote what.

I was intrigued by Adeline Snow, or Aggi as we come to know her, from Carter's previous book Amazing Grayson. These two authors nailed it with her. She's quirky, endearing and just downright funny. Se
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
4.5 Stars

Switch Stance was a beautiful collaboration between ME Carter and Andrea Johnston. While I am familiar with Johnston’s books, this is my first foray into ME Carter's work. I love the Country Road series that Andrea Johnston has released so I was really looking forward to heading back into that world with Spencer. I love collaborations done right and that’s exactly what readers are getting when they pick up Switch Stance. The writing is clean, fluid and the story is seamless. Aggi and Sp
Kristi
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being a fairly avid reader, and in need of a less emotionally draining book, Switch Stance filled the bill perfectly. We get a hilarious glimpse of what it might be like for a socially awkward romance writer to meet her long time muse. I felt a definite kinship with Adi/Aggi as her anxiety ramped up over and over again and at the same time totally understood Spencer’s attraction to her. Theirs is a feel good, slow burn romance that will have you laughing out loud, nodding your head in agreement, ...more
Alamea
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ME Carter is a one click author for me. I was excited to see how this collaboration would turn out, especially after meeting Adi in Amazing Grayson. The idea of how an author would react to meeting her muse is genius! I love how the reader gets to be inside both Adi /Aggi and Spencer's heads. Some of Aggi's trains of thought had me laughing out loud. Spencer and Aggi have great chemistry, and the storyline was perfect for these characters. The story flowed so well that I would not have guessed t ...more
Tacie
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, kindle
I’m a huge M.E. Carter fan, and this is the first book I’ve read of Andrea Johnston. I was introduced to Addi – Agnes Sylvester – in Carter’s #mynewlife series and I really liked her character. I’m so glad she got her own book. As someone who attends signings, I can picture this whole story in my mind. This story was light and sweet and I really enjoyed it. Spencer was a fantastic character. He’s so easy to fall in love with. He’s sweet, thoughtful, patient and an all-around great guy. Addi coul ...more
Logan Hr
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book!! it was so quirky and funny! I loved loved the heroine and her awkwardness! it really made her unique! I loved the relationship between the main characters because it made them real and their struggles made you feel what they were feeling.
Mary Kazen *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
I! Love! This! Book! I couldn't put it down. I feel like these authors wrote a book just for me. I loved Aggi and Spencer. Their connection was so addicting. Agnes (Aggi for short) is a sports romance author (known as Adeline Snow) and a big fan of extreme sports, especially skateboarding. Her muse is famous skateboarder Spencer Garrison. She is awkward, socially challenged and a klutz. She meets one of her biggest fans who is Spencer's sister. Spencer takes her to the book signing as a birthday ...more
Marisol Scott
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trying to write a review for this book is like asking someone to explain ambrosia. We know it’s the nectar of the gods and has mystical powers, but unless you’ve actually taken a bite, any comparison is pointless. And just like it, this story will leave you with a feeling of repletion.
Switch Stance gives us Aggi, a corky, clumsy, slightly awkward romance author who is one- hundred and fifty percent relatable. But with a switch of wardrobe, hairstyle, contact lenses, and some red lips Aggi become
Danielle
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was so refreshing how the main character, Aggi, is quirky, awkward, and real! She has insecurities (just like us all) and is genuine and honest with her feelings. It was extremely refreshing to read about a woman who didn’t always have it all together. I related to Aggi a lot.

The book also had me laughing a lot. I was incredibly impressed with the co-authors - I felt that the book flowed really well and I had no idea who wrote what.
Dawn
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I think this is a first time I have read a cross over book from two amazing writers. Ago and Spencer’s story is sweet, beautiful and heartwarming. I enjoyed every moment of the journey
Stefanie
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super adorable and funny book from two of my favorites. I loved how clumsy and quirky Aggi was. I loved how Spencer just accepted her. Aggi’s little quirks were fun, made her seem so real. Another amazing character was Kate! She is every Indie book nerd to a T! I loved her. Perfect book.
LLS
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book to read! It was a behind the scenes look at a popular romance author and an extreme sports star. Their road to a relationship is funny, sweet and a little hot! Spencer's sister was a hoot also.
Thank you for the privilege of reading this book! Well done ❤
Letica
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable quick read! I was hooked from the very beginning. I love love loved Spencer and Aggi's story so much! Loved how 2 worlds from 2 different authors was combined to create these characters lives.