Start by marking “The Family Gathering” as Want to Read:

(Sullivan's Crossing #3)

The Family Gathering captures the emotionally charged dynamics that come with being part of a family. Readers will laugh and shed a few tears as they discover what it means to be loved, supported and accepted by the people who mean the most.

Having left the military, Dakota Jones is at a crossroads. With his brother and one sister happily settled in Sullivan’s Crossing, h
Expected publication: December 18th 2018 by MIRA (first published April 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Family Gathering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Family Gathering

Debra
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

"In our family, we don't hide crazy...we put it on the porch and give it a cocktail."
-Anonymous

The family gathering is the third book in the Sullivan's Crossing series, but it works very well as a standalone novel. Having said that, I do recommend reading the first two books (What we find and Any Day Now) as they introduce the reader to characters that are seen in this book and provide you with their backstory. Robyn Carr builds a community in her books centered around family members; s
Debbie Oliphant
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhhh, I did not want this story to end. This is the third installment of the Sullivan's Crossing series and it picked up from the previous books. For the fans of Ms. Carr, you are taken on a journey through thoughtful storytelling as you connect and fall in love with all of the characters in the series, similar to her Virgin River series.

This installment centers around Dakota Jones, brother of Cal and Sierra, from books one and two. He decides to take a break and visit his siblings with the i
Jonetta
We’re back at Sullivan’s Crossing in Timberlake, Colorado, this time focused on Dakota Jones. He’s the elusive brother of Cal and Sierra who left home as soon as he became of age and has never returned. He’s an Army Ranger recently discharged from the service and comes to visit his siblings, not certain (as usual) how long he’ll stay. But, a surprising thing happens to him this time. He begins bonding with his extended family and others in the community, a first for him. And, he’s becoming drawn ...more
♥Rachel♥
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robyn Carr is one of my all-time favorite contemporary romance writers. She writes realistic romances that warm your heart, usually set in a quaint small town with an abundance of lovable secondary characters. The Family Gathering is the third book in the Sullivan’s Crossing series and centered on another one of the Jones’ siblings, Dakota.

Dakota distanced himself from his wacko parents as soon as he was old enough to enlist in the army and hasn’t been around his brother and two sisters in quit
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
I love family gatherings.

Especially if it's about big families who support each other during hard times, rejoice and celebrate after battles fought, and never give up on each other. Robyn Carr excels at small town characters and she always puts relatable and real life elements into her plots. It's palpable how much she cares about her stories and characters.

The Family Gathering was indeed a gathering and a continuing of some of the side stories that have started in book 1-3. With each book these
Auntee
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Robyn Carr; contemporary romance fans
Very satisfying reading--now this was a story I could sink my teeth into.
Mainly this story was about returning Army Ranger Dakota (Cody) Jones and his search for his place in this world, and him finding the life he didn't think he wanted--until he found the woman who he couldn't live without.

Dakota turns up at Sullivan's Crossing where two of his three siblings (Cal--What We Find, and Sierra--Any Day Now) have now settled and have happy and fulfilling lives. Dakota thinks he'll stay awhile and
Beth
Recently retired Army Ranger, Dakota Jones, heads to Sullivan’s Crossing to spend some time with his siblings. He is surprised with the connection that begins to grow between him and his sibs but is even more surprised by his attraction to the local bar tender…even though she’s giving him a tough time of it.

There is a lot of smiles and laughs but its tinged with the seriousness of growing up in a dysfunctional family and the effect it had on all the family members years later.

Dakota never set u
Kathryn
Yikes I loved it.
Every so often I look forward to reading a certain book and then feel a little let down when I read it. Not so with The Family Gathering, #3 in Robyn Carr's Sullivan's Crossing. I love, love, loved every word of it.

I've come to love this little community and the spirit that exists among them. And I really looked forward to brother Dakota's story and it was everything that I wanted and more. Yes more! Because we had updates of Maggie and Cal and little Elizabeth. We saw Sully fr
Amy
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in a series that’s set in an idyllic small town I Colorado, I read the second book last year and was excited to catch up with the characters again. You could easily jump in at any point, these books read fine as a standalone, although it was nice to see some familiar characters as secondary characters this time around. Last book it was Sierra’s story and this one focused on her brother, Dakota.

Carr writes the type of romance novels that I can handle, they’re not over the t
Susan
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

Robyn Carr

Received from Netgalley

THE FAMILY GATHERING is the third book in the Sullivan’s Crossing series. I was so excited to find out Robyn Carr had a new series about to begin and Sullivan’s Crossing has been so much fun to read. Robyn is my favorite author and I devour everything she writes. I’ve never read a Robyn Carr book I didn’t love. THE FAMILY GATHERING is a heart warming addition to what is becoming a wonderful series.

THE FAMILY GATHERING takes place in Colorado a
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATINGS: 4 STARS
(I received an ARC from the EDELWEISS)
(Review Not on Blog)
Listened to on Audio

I love Robyn Carr series and writing! I love the small-towns with realistic story lines and endearing characters. Even though each book focuses on a hero and heroine's journey, most of the characters
make appearances in other books. It gives us more of their stories. In the third instalment of Sullivan's Crossing we meet Cal and Sierra's brother, Dakota. He has come to Timberlake, Colorado to put down ro
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars

I enjoy the Sullivan's crossing books. They kind of remind me of the Virgin River series. If you like series set in a small town with repeating characters you will probably like this one. Robyn Carr manages to write 'almost fantasy' in that her people always get their act together and, even though there are flaws here and there, things always work out. Great escapist reading.
I think book 1 was the best of the lot but this was good too.
Julianna
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Small-Town Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" The Family Gathering is the latest release in Robyn Carr’s Sullivan’s Crossing series. I waffled mightily on how to rate this one. The first two books of the series were pleasant. For the most part, I enjoyed them and rated each one four stars, but I felt that they still had some weaknesses that left me wanting more. That said, though, with each new book the series has been getting a little better, and after reading this one, I felt like the author might final
☕ Kimberly
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Carr brings the romance, characters and small town to life. I would love to spend the summer in one the cabins on the lake. I could see myself having a meal in the quaint Colorado town and taking long hikes with my husband. This is one of the things that draws me to Carr's small-town series. Like the Virgin River series, Sullivans Crossing shares siblings, newcomers, and townsfolks making the reader feel as if they are returning for a visit.

With Dakota's story comes some interesting
Jamie Beck
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It’s always a pleasure to come back to Sullivan’s Crossing. I think Dakota might be my favorite Jones so far, and Sydney a wonderful heroine (not only for him, but also in her own right). I loved her background (smarty-pants physicist) and her masquerading (so to speak) as a bartender while she sorts out the pieces of her life after a major heartache of her own.

Ms. Carr always does an amazing job of weaving complicated and layered family relationships and real-world problems together, all while
Kate Douglas
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Two things I absolutely love about Robyn Carr’s stories are the powerful sense of family she creates, and the amazing characters who populate those families. I fell in love with the characters in her Virgin River series, and again reading her Thunder Point novels. Sullivan’s Crossing has the same sense of place with a totally unique and yet powerful family—the kind of family we build, not necessarily the one we’re born into. THE FAMILY GATHERING offers both.

The series revolves around the campgr
Siobhan
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read and enjoyed Any Day Now, the second book in Robyn Carr’s Sullivan’s Crossing series, I told myself I would go back and read the first book, What We Found. I wanted more of the characters and the setting, I wanted to dig deeper into the world. Sadly, I have yet to read What We Found, but when I was given the chance to dive into the third book, The Family Gathering, I was happy to return to the world.

Personally, I would recommend reading at least the prior book before diving into this
The Lit Bitch

This year I have tried to read a little more fluffy contempo romances. I’ve sometimes felt that I get pigeon holed into reviewing just historical fiction—don’t get me wrong, historical fiction is my jam but sometimes I need a break and could go for something a little more modern and different just to keep things interesting.

Romances never seem to get old for me and I think a lot of women would agree. It doesn’t matter how cliche or repetitive the romance might seem–theres just somethin
Laurel-Rain
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having left the military, Dakota Jones is at a crossroads in his life. With his elder brother and youngest sister happily settled in Sullivan’s Crossing, he shows up hoping to clear his head before moving on to his next adventure. But, like every visitor to the Crossing, he’s immediately drawn to the down-to-earth people and the seemingly simple way of life.

Dakota is unprepared for how quickly things get complicated. As a newcomer, he is on everyone’s radar—especially the single women in town. W
Kathleen
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Robyn Carr once again takes us on an emotional journey with her 3rd book in the Sullivan's Crossing series.

I started this book and couldn't put it down. Each page brought the reader into the lives of the Jones siblings and we laughed, cried and shared the joys of family life that her readers could in some way relate to.

This book centers around Dakota Jones, who has left the military and when he finished traveling after his discharge, comes to Sullivan's Crossing to have some time with his brot
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
I’m going to sound like a broken record but...

Robyn Carr is such an amazing writer. And when I read one of her books it is like coming home to a comfortable, warm and loving place.

She writes family, relationships and the concept of life so very well. Her books really hit home for me. And they remind me that life is full of ups and downs. That the human spirit can endure and move on.

And this book was no different, I have grown to love this clan and all there quirks, faults and their big giant h
Michele
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: con-rom, 0418
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

The Family Gathering was certainly well named, as it showcased the dynamics of four adult siblings and their efforts to mend fences and reconnect while they were all finally together in one place–lovely Sullivan’s Crossing. The added bonus of newfound love and continuing romantic journeys was just the icing on the cake.

I’ve really been enjoying getting to know the Jones family as well as the locals around Sullivan’s Crossing. Robyn Carr has such a wonder
Nora-adrienne
An amazing story about a family with a past that scares them even as adults. A decorated veteran coming to spend time with his family, not looking for permanence but just a short visit. They all need each other like never before and manage to find a way to help each other and support each other.

That's only the bare bones of this story, but it's enough to make you pick up the book and NOT put it down till you finish it.
Lorelei's
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished reading THE FAMILY GATHERING by Robyn Carr and it’s fantastic! I laughed, swooned, was amused, loved seeing all the siblings in this series together, facing challenges and celebrating happy moments. I ended THE FAMILY GATHERING with happy tears streaming down my cheeks. A very satisfying and emotional story.
Robyn Carr’s stories are not only great romances that entertain, but they're also an example of how people should engage with others. I'm always happy when her stories evoke in me
Dawn ♥ romance
I enjoyed this story with plenty of action that moved right along. It covered multiple relationships exploring varying issues all with lots of emotion. I found the heroine's history interestingly complex and liked the hero's perseverance. I was absorbed from beginning to end. Ex-military Dakota plans a long visit with his siblings and becomes attracted to bartender Sidney.
Julie Daniels
I'm torn because despite my complaints I actually really enjoyed this one. But I did find some issues. I'm going to have to think about my rating and review.
Ann-marie
The third book in Sullivan's crossing series. In this story Dakota the other Jones sibling(Cal from book one and Sierra from book two brother) has left the army and not sure what's next for him. He comes to Sullivan's crossing thinking it will be for a moment and that he can visit both his siblings and their family. As with the previous siblings he too continues to deal with the after affect of having a mental ill father who has opted out of being medicated. Dakota starts to settling down and fi ...more
Marlene
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

The title of this book turns out to have multiple meanings. The family gathers together, and the family gathers more people into itself. This happens to multiple families during the course of this entry in the Sullivan’s Crossing series. And it’s lovely all the way around.

The main story of this book focuses on Dakota Jones, just as the previous books in the series have focused first on his older brother Cal (What We Find) and then his younger sister Sierra
E-Reader Addict
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cloud-library
I’ll just go ahead and confess to being a huge Robyn Carr fan - especially of the small town, family/framily series she writes. I thoroughly enjoyed all the Virgin River and Thunder Point books, and now I’m loving the Sullivan’s Crossing series.

Sullivan’s Crossing is in a small town in the mountains of Colorado. It’s a place where the broken and adrift can be healed and find their way. In The Family Gathering, it’s Dakota Jones’s turn to join his brother Cal (from What We Find, who is now happi
Sheila Melo
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FINAL DECISION: An enjoyable and complex family drama combined with a man and a woman reinventing themselves as part of a community. This is a slow burn romance that gives the characters time to get to know one another and fall in love.

THE STORY: Dakota Jones has come to Sullivan's Crossing after leaving the military. His brother and sister have settled there and Dakota is, for the first time (after years of keeping his distance), feeling the need to be with his family for a while. But a short v
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The third novel (THE FAMILY GATHERING) in her fan-favorite new series, Sullivan's Crossing, will be released in April 2018. Robyn is a recipient of the Romance Writers of America Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 and in 201 ...more

Sullivan's Crossing (4 books)
  • What We Find (Sullivan's Crossing, #1)
  • Any Day Now (Sullivan's Crossing, #2)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
“It’s not what you get in life that will make you whole, but what you give.” 0 likes
“It's not what you get in life that will make you whole, but what you give.” 0 likes