Start by marking “One Yellow Ribbon” as Want to Read:
One Yellow Ribbon

One Yellow Ribbon

One yellow ribbon unties itself from a child's hair and transforms into a winter scarf, a farmer's field and a lion's mane, among many other magical things, in this delightful board book by celebrated pa-per artist Marthe Jocelyn.

Jocelyn's paper collages in this wordless search-and-find adventure will encourage little ones to look closely at the world around them and explo
Board Book, 24 pages
Published March 12th 2019 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about One Yellow Ribbon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Yellow Ribbon

Start your review of One Yellow Ribbon
Jane
One Yellow Ribbon is very similar to another of the author's other books, One Patch of Blue. I appreciate the unique ways the ribbon was incorporated into a variety of scenes, and I think that some very little ones (under 3) will enjoy spotting the ribbon on each page.

Although I actually think the ribbon was used more creatively in this book than the patch of blue was used in its book, it kind of bugged me that it was clearly not the same ribbon used throughout. The patch of blue at least ke
Simple, wordless book, showing the journey of a yellow ribbons, as it escapes from a little girl’s hair, and into the manly places that it can. Disguising as a pencil, or a winter scarf.

Lovely illustrations.

one yellow ribbon

one yellow ribbon

It should be a good book to look at with your kid, and point out where the ribbon has gone.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.
Kelly
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this picture book of a little girls ribbon that escapes from her hair and becomes many other things throughout its journey. The paper collages are beautiful with lots of things to talk about and point out to your little one.
Thanks to Net Galley and Orca Book Publisher for the advance copy!
Ann Santori
Lovely wordless board book in which "one yellow ribbon" (hence the title) makes it way into the composition of various objects (including a man's cane and a crescent moon). Good for working with perception and abstract thinking. ...more
Chinook
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Maddie chose this one and for sure, it was too young for Kait. She was better at talking about the pictures but her response to the books was that she likes books with words better!
Storywraps
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An adventurous yellow ribbon escapes from a little girl's pigtail and finds lots of places to hide before I'm sure it is recovered and tied up once again where it belongs.

It morphs into many different places and shapes such as a lion's mane, mustard on a hotdog, chopsticks, a trapeze artist's swing, a pencil, a warm winter's scarf, a walking cane for an elderly man and a beautiful potted plant, just to name a few.

Kids will love discovering its new hiding place on each and every page. This crea
Lisa
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Beautifully illustrated in mixed media (and one yellow ribbon) this will encourage the reader to look carefully at the pictures and find the matching piece.

for my full review, visit https://kissthebookjr.blogspot.com/20...
Laura Aldridge
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wordless book that follows a yellow ribbon through all the various manifestations of what it could be. Very cute art work and each picture encourages the imagination as to the use of the ribbon. Not at all what I expected!
Great Books
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ages-birth-2
This wordless book allows for a ton of imagination as you see how one yellow ribbon can be transformed into a variety of different objects. The pictures are beautifully done to spark interactions between reader and child.

Reviewer: 7
Cheryl Baker
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so lovely and so much fun! A yellow ribbon loosens itself from a little girl's hair and then is made to represent everything from a Lion's mane to the mustard on a hotdog! Kids will have lots of fun spotting the ribbon on every page! It's adorable! ...more
Amanda Novak
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful concept, and executed so well! I love the collage illustrations.
Ali
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous art in this textless book!
MaryLibrarianOH
The ribbon from a girls hair is used in all different kinds of ways in this fabric, collage, wordless, board book.
Christy Broderick
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though this book didn’t have any words, it was super cute trying to figure out what the yellow ribbon turned into 💛
Mary Lee
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, board-book
I liked this one a bit better than One Patch of Blue. Creative search/find book for the youngest set. Sure to prompt lots of conversation.
Kristina Jean Lareau
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebook
Celver uses for a ribbon. Each spread tells a little story.
Julie
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a free ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A book very similar to the author's other title, A Patch of Blue. No words but bright pictures. I think the littles will enjoy looking for the yellow ribbon in each picture.
Peacegal
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Creative celebration of all of the things a ribbon can be. Sure to inspire some found object art from young readers.
Helen
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all kids and interested adults, especially artists!
Shelves: animals, cats, kids-teens
This clever, creative book is fascinating! The author shows all the different places a yellow ribbon could be part of a picture! Wonderful!
Justine Ridder
Tara
Apr 09, 2019
Terrie Case
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a completely word less picture book. It shows many ways in which a yellow ribbon can be seen in everyday things.

The illustrations were vibrant. The pictures were everyday things and easily identified by a child. I would have liked the yellow ribbon to have been consistent though out the book but think a young child could identify it alone or with the assistance of an adult.

Like other reviewers, I wish that it would have contained some words. It need not be many. Just a few would take t
Hannah Jane

• Hello, World! Rainforest Animals
  • Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!
  • Hello, World! Solar System
  • The Wheels on the Tuk Tuk
  • Little Places: America Is...
  • New York: A Book of Colors
Canadian born
22 books published for young readers"

News & Interviews