Start by marking “The Goodbye Café (The Hudson Sisters #3)” as Want to Read:
The Goodbye Café (The Hudson Sisters #3)

The Goodbye Café

(The Hudson Sisters #3)

California girl Allie Hudson Monroe can't wait for the day when the renovations on the Sugarhouse Theater are complete so she can finally collect the inheritance from her father and leave Pennsylvania. After all, her life and her fourteen-year-old daughter are in Los Angeles.

But Allie's divorce left her tottering on the edge of bankruptcy, so to keep up on payments for her
Published March 26th 2019 by Gallery Books

Start your review of The Goodbye Café (The Hudson Sisters #3)
Jonetta
Allie Hudson Monroe is a divorced mother of a 14-year old daughter, Nicole, and currently struggling financially now that she’s lost her job in Los Angeles. If not for her current money situation, she wouldn’t have felt the need to comply with her late father’s terms to receive her inheritance, which is to join her two sisters in Hidden Falls, Pennsylvania and restore the family’s former Sugarhouse Theater. Allie's got a few issues, including her late mother’s problems with alcohol, though she’s ...more
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
The Hudson sisters live in Hidden Falls, Pennsylvania and are currently renovating their family’s theatre. In order to collect an inheritance from their father’s estate, they are required to work together until these renovations are completed. When Allie, Des, and Cara first relocated to their father’s hometown, their aunt gave them a place to stay. Two of the sisters settled into a routine over the past year with Des and Cara involved in strong relationships. Allie is the only sister resisting ...more
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

You may say senior. You may not say old, elder, or advanced age. And never geriatric if you know what’s good for you.

Cara, you think Des’s kids’ll come out bald with tiny Harley-Davidson tattoos on their shoulders?

The short answer is I don’t know…The long answer is I don’t know.

“The universe doesn’t owe you an explanation for everything,” as Mandy, Allie’s across-the-street neighbor back in L.A., used to say. Then again, she reminded herself, Mandy set traps for unic
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Warm and cozy saga.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A continuation in the family saga of the Hudson girls, this story focuses on Allie. She is a mixture of light and dark. She has issues and is angry about having to be in Pennsylvania. But as you read the story, gradually the lightness seeps in.

From watching her daughter bloom to seeing herself change for the better; not to mention developing amazing connections with her estranged family, Allie develops into a character that you actually end up enjoyi
TL
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, now I love my family and all that but can these people be real so they can adopt me and be my family as well? I would even help with the theater and cafe whenever they wanted *sad eyes* Pretty please???

Where's the Genie when you need him? *pouts*

Girl can dream right?

Sad to see this series come to an end but so happy with everything that happened and got resolved :-D. Though one plot point I didn't see coming

(view spoiler)
☕️Kimberly
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Family, particularly sisters have been the theme throughout the Hudson Sisters series and each book continues their journey of restoring their family-owned theatre but it also shares their lives, romances, friendships and the small-town named after their ancestors.

Allie was a damaged cookie when we first met her in book one and I’ve really enjoyed her journey of self-discovery and belonging. I’ve come to care for all the girls, but I think she had the toughest road to travel.

We witness the final
Chatting About
Loved this last story in the Hudson Sisters trilogy. The author wraps everyone’s stories up nicely for a happy ending! I highly recommend this series to those who enjoy women’s fiction. Enjoy!
Linda Zagon
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lindas Book Obsession Reviews "The Goodbye Cafe" by Mariah Stewart, Gallery Books, March 26, 2019

Mariah Stewart, Author of "The Goodbye Cafe" (The Hudson Sisters #3) has written an entertaining, delightful, heartwarming and enjoyable novel. This is the third book in The Hudson Girl Series, and it is my opinion, you can probably read by itself, but would benefit from reading the two books before. The Genres for this Book are Fiction , Women's Fiction, and Romance. The author describes her charact
Jypsy
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Goodbye Cafe is third in a trilogy. I read it as a stand alone and had no trouble understanding anything. It's the continuation of the story of three sisters who only found each other after their father died. His will stipulated that they must live together in the town of Hidden Falls and restore the old Sugarhouse theater there. They are doing this indeed. Allie is the focus of this story. The story gives some background as to why she's so abrasive. It's well written and predictable but sti ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Unfortunately, I was bored through a lot of the book. There were good sections but not enough. I think this series would have been much better as one book versus three books with way too much filler and repetition.
Amy
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
4.5/5

I’ve been a fan of this series from the start and the past few years I’ve always looked forward to the newest book being released in order to catch up with the Hudson family, it’s such a treat. Each book shifts focus to one of the three Hudson sisters and while I’m sure that you probably could read them on their own, it’s such a great trilogy that I would recommend starting with the first book. You also get to know the residents of this sweet small town and part of the charm for me was read
Chris Conley
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How I hope this is not the last time Mariah Stewart takes me to Hidden Falls. I have loved getting to know the Hudson sisters. Terrific book. As always.
Kathryn
This was a really good third book in this series. Joy Osmanski narrated it perfectly, her voices for the characters just so added to the story. I hope we get another in this series or at the very least a novella. Loved how the story worked out.
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
I haven’t read a Stewart book in some time. With her work, sometimes, it’s a hit or miss with me. She’s either got a really amazing book, or one that doesn’t captivate me. This one, her third in The Hudson Sisters trilogy, is easily read as a stand alone and absolutely captivated me. I loved the detail Stewart added to the story, I loved the characters, the plot line, all of it captivated me so this was a hit for sure.

I loved how Stewart blended these sisters together. They are new to each other
Lisa
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful, well written story of the importance of family, but also sometimes the need to let go. Family is the most important thing to many people..this is a great take on how families have their problems and issues but they can be overcome!!!
Margaret Dombrowski
I rarely give out a 5 star rating. However, if an author can take a very unlike-able character, and basically redeem her? Well, Mariah Stewart deserves the 5 stars.

This is the 3rd and last book in the Hudson Sisters series (which I am very sad about). I disliked Allie from the start of this series, but I did warm up to her.

My pleasant surprise was that it was Barney all along that convinced Fritz to put the stipulation in the will.

I think we need a story on Tess, and the grown-up version of N
Cheryl
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in this series. I have not read the first two books but I had no problems jumping right into this book. So I would say that this book can be read as a stand alone novel.

While, I enjoyed meeting and visiting with everyone in this book; I felt that the main leads were Allie and her daughter, Nikki, and her Aunt Barney. Which was fine with me as I enjoyed getting to really know these three ladies. Allie seemed like she was the most reserved of the three sisters but had come
MAB  LongBeach
When Fritz Hudson died, his will specified that his three daughters work together to fix up the family's classic theater in their hometown--or none of them would get their inheritance. Now the work is nearing completion, and the three estranged sisters have grown much closer than they ever thought they would. Finding a long-lost aunt didn't hurt, either.

Allie has been eagerly awaiting the day she can return to her life in L.A., but she finds herself enjoying the work she is doing, restoring the
Mary
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Gallery Books and NetGalley for providing a review galley in exchange for my honest review.

4.5 stars. The Goodbye Café is the third book in the Hudson Sisters series. I suppose you could read it as a stand alone but you’d miss out on a lot of context so I recommend reading books one and two first. The Goodbye Café is Allie’s story. She’s been the hard-edged, abrasive sister who seemed determined not to gain sympathy from anyone. She’s a complex character and we finally get to see what’
Stephanie
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Somewhat Tidy Goodbye for Mariah Stewart’s THE GOODBYE CAFE
In this series three sisters work to fulfill the conditions of their father’s will. This book features the snarky, eldest sister, Allie.

This is a pretty clean romance novel. There may be a few words of the four-letter variety but no more than you would hear normally in a PG-13 movie. But there is less steam than there is in an R-Rated movie. That is not to say the book is not entertaining, uplif
Cyndi Becker
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2019
New-ish to me author Mariah Stewart has completely won my adoration. In book 3 of the Hudson Sisters series each sister is entrenched in their mission; complete the renovation of the Sugarhouse Theater, collect their inheritance and live their dreams. This is probably no more important than it is to the eldest sister Allie. Allie is halfway across the country from where she lives and in desperate need for the benefits that the inheritance will give her. Once complete she’ll have the ability to b ...more
Michelle
Renovations continue on the family theatre, in book three of the Sugarhouse series.
This book tells Allie’s story.

When the Hudson’s sisters’ father Fritz died he left the family with a bombshell. Fritz never told his daughters Allie and Des that they had another sibling named Cara. And Cara never knew Allie and Des existed. Fritz completely controlled the release of the information, because it was only in his will that he let all three girls know about the others.
And then Fritz insisted that all
Donna Hines
Shout out NEPA #LuzerneCounty Wilkes Barre, Scranton, Pocono Mts. in the house!
Love when we are put on the map as you read a great piece by a new author to me.
Allie has lived her whole life believing the only sis she has was Des until Cara came along from a hidden relationship of the father's doing.
He kept it on lock down until his death in which his will noted the girls must stay with their aunt, fix up the theatre, and never leave town or risk losing the inheritance.
Wow! Quite a laundry list
Terri
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio version of this book. I have listened to all three in the series and have loved every single one! They were my first experience with Stewart.
I loved the whole concept of the three "sisters" having to work together on the old theater and in essence having to work together to learn what a family is and how to become one. My relationship with my sisters hasn't been exactly bump free, so them coming together was sweet for me.
The main sister character in this book was Allie
Patty
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Goodbye Cafe by Mariah Stewart is the 3rd book in the Hudson Sisters series, and my first book by this author. Three estranged sister must come together in Pennsylvania, to renovate the Sugarhouse Theater, to receive their inheritance from their father. This book concentrates on Allie and her 14 year old daughter, who live in California. On the verge of bankruptcy, they head to Pennsylvania. It would have been better if I read the books in order, but I didn't feel too lost. I plan on going b ...more
Beth Hunsberger
This is the third book in the series where the Hudson sisters are brought together after their father's death, and have the task of restoring the old theater in town before earning their inheritance. I love picturing the details of the theater and can easily lose myself in the story. In this book, their Aunt also buys the Goodbye Cafe in town when the owner needs to sell and move town. The ladies take charge and don't shy away from another challenge. This book focuses more on Allie's life with h ...more
Bette Hansen
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome chick lit read! This is the third book in the Hudson Sister's series and I have loved each one. I've really enjoyed seeing how the relationship between the sisters has blossomed and grown as they work together to bring an old theater back to life. This book is Allie's story and it's truly amazing. Her strength really comes into focus as she fights for her daughter and allows herself to open her heart again after a devastating divorce. This is truly a series and book that you don't want t ...more
Linda Smatzny
This book is mostly about Allie Hudson Monroe and her daughter, Nikki. Allie has settled into life in a small town better than she thought she would. Her daughter has made friends and loves it. Allie is finishing the ceiling repairs and now that her aunt has bought a cafe is also working there. Nikki is having problems with her former best friend in California which comes to a head after Nikki returns there to attend school. The book was an easy read.
Julia David
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for Allie's story and was happy to read it. She has really changed through all the stories. She was so mean when the sisters first got together. I was glad to see her grow and change. I love Barney, Allie, Nik, Cara and Des. And I really liked the little surprise in there too.
Teri Pre
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
What a great series!!! These books were nice. "Nice" has gotten a bad reputation lately for not really meaning anything. Well, this book WAS nice. There was no violence, almost no bad language (only once or twice where deserved), no erotic scenes...just a group of women working together to try to rebuild both a theater and their family. Want a series that makes you feel good? This is it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Cliff House
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • The Summer Retreat (A Moonlight Harbor Novel Book 3)
  • Summer on Mirror Lake (Honeymoon Harbor)
  • Jackson (The McBrides of Texas #1; Eternity Springs #16)
  • The Summer of Sunshine and Margot
  • The Little Teashop on Main
  • Stone Bridges (Swift River Valley #9)
  • Unforgettable You (Silver Springs, #5)
  • Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • California Girls
  • Summer at Lake Haven (Haven Point, #11)
  • Lavender Blue
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • The Friendship List
  • The Sea Glass Cottage
Mariah Stewart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of forty-one novels and three novellas and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal. She is a RITA finalist in romantic suspense and the recipient of the Award of Excellence for contemporary romance, a RIO Award for excellence in women's fiction, and a Reviewers Choice Award from Romantic Times Magazine. A three-time winner ...more

The Hudson Sisters (3 books)
  • The Last Chance Matinee (The Hudson Sisters #1)
  • The Sugarhouse Blues (The Hudson Sisters #2)