Start by marking “Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)

Taken

(Deep Ops #1.5)

Hunter Holt might be the most stubborn ex-soldier ever born, but when he’s called on to help find a lost foster kid, he jumps into action. Even if it means working with the woman who broke his heart five years ago—the woman who still haunts his dreams . . .

Faye Smith has spent five long years trying to get her life back on track. She knows she should’ve turned toward Hunte
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: April 30th 2019 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Taken, please sign up.
Amanda Yes, this is a novella for the Deep Ops series. It is book 1.5 in the series.

Madison Warner Fairbanks
Taken by Rebecca Zanetti

Deep Ops series book 1.5. Novella length but don’t discount it. Romantic suspense. Can be read as a standalone.
Easter eggs for fans of Zanetti.

A second chance romance. They walked away from each other in the past. They want to try again but there is past pain that has to be dealt with.
The hero is a protector. He would never lay a hand on a woman. I didn’t like that she felt it was ok to kick him. It turned it into a sexy scene in bed but she should have found a better
Natalie The Biblioholic
Five years ago, trauma and loss severed the tie between Faye and Hunter. Unable to cope, Faye walked away from the love of her life. Now she needs his help to find a lost boy... the half-brother Hunter never knew he had. Thinking himself in love with his teacher, Jackson has left his foster home and has hit the road with her. But their happy little run is full of danger and death. Can Hunter help his little bro before it's too late?

I wish I could have seen the love that Faye and Hunter shared mo
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There were so many good things in this little novella. I get such a kick out of the alcoholic/cross-dressing dog, the big, scary dude named Wolfe who carries a kitten in his pocket, and we even get an appearance from Dage and Talen from the Dark Protector series.

The main characters are not anyone we met in book 1. Our couple, Hunter and Faye are foster siblings to Raider. Raider is who met in book 1. He comes to help Hunter and Faye chase down Hunter's half brother who he just learned about, an
Claire Robinson
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 - ”I’m not letting you go again… Stars!

This series absolutely stinks. And it stinks sooooooo gooooood! Potential oozes from every page, character and trope being used. I was pretty enamoured with Angus Force and his crew of misfits when we were introduced to them in the first book of the Deep Ops series; Hidden and things just stepped up another level with this perfectly formed novella.

"I’m the type of guy who only loves once… and you walked away."

Taken is Hunter and Faye’s story. A side-step
☕️Kimberly
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series and enjoyed this side story. RTC.
Christina
Nov 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
UPDATE: this is actually book 1.5. Book 2, Fallen releases Sept. 23rd!!

Hmmm....a little disappointed as this is not at all the book I thought we were getting next based on the preview we got in Hidden. Was totally expecting to read Fallen with Brigid and Raider.
Marta Cox
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
A novella to fill the gap whilst fans wait for the next full length book. Actually thinking about it if it was Raider you had hoped for then this story does help fill in some gaps about his background and upbringing.
Somehow Hunter and Faye drifted apart emotionally and Faye made the heart breaking decision to walk away. Now five years later Faye needs to contact Hunter because someone very important needs his help. Is it possible that Hunters life is about to get more complicated ?
I quite enjoy
Dali
Zanetti continues her irresistible Deep Ops series with Taken.

Five years ago Faye Smith needed to get her life in order and walked away from the love of her life. But needing Hunter Holt’s help to find a runaway foster teen has given her a second chance with the man who holds her heart.

Having run away from the same abusive man, Hunter doesn’t hesitate to help find the half-brother he didn’t know existed, even when it means teaming up with the beautiful psychologist who broke his heart. But the
Lady Heather
5-Stars!
This novella was a good read!
I really like this series with it's misfits of characters.
Great writing, storyline and characters.
Dali
Zanetti continues her irresistible Deep Ops series with Taken.

Leigh
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, arc, netgalley
Taken is a novella in the Deep Ops series and while Faye and Hunter aren't on the team they are childhood friends of Raider. Faye and Hunter were kids together and then they were so much more. Since I'm a sucker for second chance romances this was perfect for me. I loved that neither one had stopped loving the other and how although they both tried moving on during their 5 year separation they never could. I loved seeing the men from the team, Wolfe was great and Roscoe had me laughing. While I ...more
Anne - Books of My Heart
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Netgalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Taken is a novella between books 1 and 2 in the Deep Ops series .  We don't see the main couple from Hidden, but this is a background setup for Raider who is the hero of book 2,  Fallen. It's a bit disconcerting because for the beginning as there is little connection to the world we know.

Things move quickly, as it is a novell
Doris
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have always been an absolute fan of Rebecca Zanetti. Her 'Dark Protectors' series is one of my all time favorites.
This book was different genre than what I am use to her writing. I did enjoy this story, I like that her main female character is strong and can stand up to her male counterpart. These characters have a past and yet they need to combine forces with others to find the younger brother of out main character Hunter.
I also liked that they supporting characters are as strong and funny
Kate's Corner
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as fixed-reads-for-2019
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

Hunter and Faye had a relationship in the past and they both walked away from it. Now five years later they have to work together to find a missing boy. There's not a whole lot said about the past, and I didn't really like that. Then they got back together with out much said. I did love seeing Raider, Wolffe, Kat, Roscoe and Angus. Roscoe and Kat are still my favorites. Looking forward to Raider and Brigid's book.
Dísir
As a side-story of Rebecca Zanetti’s Deep Ops series, ‘Taken’ is pretty much a compact standalone as Raider Tanaka’s old friends take the stage in a short, second-chance romance.

In this case however, the brevity of the story probably made me less engaged than I could have been, since this felt as though it could have been a full-length book and had lost so much because it wasn’t. All we know is that Hunter Holt and Faye Smith had once been together; she’d split five years ago and is now back to
Sophia
After the thrilling opener series opener, Hidden, I was eager to snatch up this tweeny novella that finds the Deep Ops team as the secondary characters assisting on a cross country crime spree that hits close to home for Raider Tanaka's foster family and a second chance romance for Hunter and Faye.

Taken is a standalone side story in the Deep Ops series world that falls between books one and two. It offers some back story for Raider with appearances from other members of the team, but focuses on
Elaine
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up
This was a nice little novella in the Deep Ops series. I was hoping for a full lenght novel but Taken was a good read too. The short length of the story probably made me less invested than I could have been. This felt as though it could have been a full-length book and had lost so much because it wasn’t. I had a hard time really liking and relating to the hero and heroine (probably because we don't really get their full backstory and they don't feel fleshed out entirely). The
Anita
Feb 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, novella
AJ
4 stars

This novella is a spin-off to the Deep Ops series, but it can also easily standalone as a romantic mystery suspense. It’s fast-paced and intriguing with a second-chance-romance, and I loved it!

Hunter and Faye are the foster siblings of Raider – who is part of the Deep Ops crew. They have a bond as strong as any true siblings, though Hunter and Faye took it further and fell in mad, all-consuming love. But five years ago they were torn apart by loss and tragedy, and though their feelings fo
Speed
5 Stupendous, Marvelous, Fantastic stars*****This is a short but in-depth story about Hunter and Faye, brother and sister to one Raider Tanaka! Yep, you read that right. Our straight laced FBI handler has a brother and a sister and is called in to help them on a different case. In this story we have Faye and Hunter who have a past and very obvious feelings for each other that a strong wind could not knock over. Together the 3 of them are tasked in finding a killer and another family member that ...more
Rolé
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This book is a novella, but it sure packs a punch. It always amazes me how much an author can put into a shorter story. Hunter and Faye grew up together in a foster home, and they became a couple. But the trauma from their pasts and their inability to share their pain fully drove them apart. Now they have to look beyond themselves to work together to save Hunter’s brother, that he did not even know existed.

You can thoroughly feel their anger and hurt, and share in their frustration with each oth
Book Him Danno
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not gonna lie I am starting to become a fan of Rebecca Zanetti and her new series Deep Ops.

This is a side story between the first and second story. As a readers of the series I will admit I was a little lost at first trying to figure out how it connected to the Deep Ops series. Once it became clear the humor from the first book arrives almost with the goofy characters from the first book.

I think it will impossible for readers of Rebecca Zanetti to miss this story as well as the series. Faye is a
Cindy ~
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The infusion of serious subject matter and humor make up this romantic suspense. Its amazing the those two things work together but the author manages it in such a way your both on the edge of your seat and laughing.

This novella gives us Hunter Holt and Faye Smith story who grew up in foster care with Raider Tanaka (a main character from her new Deep Ops series). Both Raider and Wolfe (also from Deep Ops) play a big part in the story so you definitely get a feel for what the series is about eve
Heather
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
While I really enjoy books by Rebecca Zanetti, I have to admit I was a bit confused by this book as far as it being part of the Deep Ops series. Having read the first book in the series, I was expecting a novella about some of the characters from that book. Or even a story that set the stage for book two. However, this book was about Hunter and Faye that actually grew up with Raider a character from the first book and hopefully the hero of the next book in the series. So while the novella was en ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

INTOXICATING AND UTTERLY THRILLING WITH THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF SIZZLE! Taken was precisely what I needed when I needed it most! Exciting, sexy, suspenseful with fantastic characters and a visit from some other of my favorite characters from another series, this story had IT ALL!

Rebecca Zanetti gives us readers exactly what we are craving. A story that contains heart stopping action, sizzling hot heat and one exciting plot that keeps us on our toes. Every flip of
Diane Saul
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Faye and Hunter were in the same Foster home as kids. Both their Fathers were abusive. They had a parting of the ways years ago but now are forced to work together. A Foster kid staying with their ex Foster Mother has run away. Turns out the run away is Hunters half Brother who has hooked up with a teacher who is on a crime spree. Can they get to the couple before law does.

This is a novella and it moves at a fast pace. Their are a few quirky characters In the book that made me laugh. The story h
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is the perfect little fill in story while readers wait for Book 2 in the series. This book takes us away from the team a bit, but it focuses on Raider's "siblings" so we do get to see quite a bit of him in the story.

This one is cross country search and rescue for Hunter's half brother. Faye and Hunter used to be a thing and they fell apart. Travelling together brings back all the good memories and they decide to give it a go again. Older, wiser and more reflective on life expectat
Darcy
I think what I really like best about this one was that it showed the characters from the first book, Raider especially in a different light. I liked that we got to see the unusual family, how blood didn't matter, but connection and choice. I especially loved that when Hunter learned about Jackson he was all in to save him as was his family.

This one ended about as good as it could for Jackson, but I have a feeling that his life going forward will be nothing but sunshine and puppies.
Natalie
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I thought I read book one in the series, but I guess I had not. I will have to read it. Book 1.5 is shorter than the other's other books. It was a quick read, and I enjoyed the characters and the suspense. I wish there had been a little bit more about the main characters' original romance. A flashback to their break-up would have been good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)
  • Lost and Found (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #2)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Your Lion Eyes (Alphaville, #2)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Slow Ride (Road to Love, #2)
  • Fighting the Fire (Warrior Fight Club, #3)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Kyle (Riding Hard, #6)
  • The Enforcer's Revenge (Untamed Hearts, #4)
  • Wherever You Are (KGI, #12)
  • Breaking Without You (Fractured Connections, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.

Deep Ops (2 books)
  • Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
“I’m the type of guy who only loves ones, and you walked away.” 0 likes
“I’m looking at a different career.”
“Like what?” He fed more crackers to the kitten.
She pressed a thumb into her opposite palm to relax. “Maybe landscape design?” The idea had definitely taken root.
He grinned. “I have a house. A real one.”
0 likes