Start by marking “Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)

Taken

(Deep Ops #1.5)

Hunter Holt might be the most stubborn ex-soldier ever born, but when he’s called on to help find a lost foster kid, he jumps into action. Even if it means working with the woman who broke his heart five years ago—the woman who still haunts his dreams . . .

Faye Smith has spent five long years trying to get her life back on track. She knows she should’ve turned toward Hunte
Published April 30th 2019 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Taken, please sign up.
Amanda Larsen Yes, this is a novella for the Deep Ops series. It is book 1.5 in the series.

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Completely and Forever Stars

Taken was an awesome second chance romance. Hunter Holt and Faye Smith had a powerful connection. I was totally rooting for them from the start. Their love story was very sweet and felt real. This read was a novella, but it didn't feel rushed or thin. The action was spot on, the romance well developed, and the plot was intriguing. I loved every minute of this book. Faye and Hunter made a cute couple. Jackson stole my heart. Raider has me waiting impatiently for his
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Taken by Rebecca Zanetti

Deep Ops series book 1.5. Novella length but don’t discount it. Romantic suspense. Can be read as a standalone.
Easter eggs for fans of Zanetti.

A second chance romance. They walked away from each other in the past. They want to try again but there is past pain that has to be dealt with.
The hero is a protector. He would never lay a hand on a woman. I didn’t like that she felt it was ok to kick him. It turned it into a sexy scene in bed but she should have found a better
Carrie
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Taken by Rebecca Zanetti is a companion novella in the romantic suspense Deep Ops series. This novella takes place between the first and second full length books of the series. The main characters do change in this novella so it could also be read as a standalone if choosing to do so.

Hunter Holt and Faye Smith do share a past together but it’s been five long years with no contact between the two of them. However, when word comes in about a missing teen Hunter and Faye find themselves forced toge
Natalie The Biblioholic
Five years ago, trauma and loss severed the tie between Faye and Hunter. Unable to cope, Faye walked away from the love of her life. Now she needs his help to find a lost boy... the half-brother Hunter never knew he had. Thinking himself in love with his teacher, Jackson has left his foster home and has hit the road with her. But their happy little run is full of danger and death. Can Hunter help his little bro before it's too late?

I wish I could have seen the love that Faye and Hunter shared mo
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There were so many good things in this little novella. I get such a kick out of the alcoholic/cross-dressing dog, the big, scary dude named Wolfe who carries a kitten in his pocket, and we even get an appearance from Dage and Talen from the Dark Protector series.

The main characters are not anyone we met in book 1. Our couple, Hunter and Faye are foster siblings to Raider. Raider is who met in book 1. He comes to help Hunter and Faye chase down Hunter's half brother who he just learned about, an
Claire Robinson
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 - "I’m not letting you go again…" Stars!

This series absolutely stinks. And it stinks sooooooo gooooood! Potential oozes from every page, character and trope being used. I was pretty enamoured with Angus Force and his crew of misfits when we were introduced to them in the first book of the Deep Ops series; Hidden and things just stepped up another level with this perfectly formed novella.

"I’m the type of guy who only loves once… and you walked away."

Taken is Hunter and Faye’s story. A side-step
Anita
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I love this new series by Rebecca Zanetti. Romantic-Suspense and not paranormal. The whole misfit outfit are just wonderful. This novella is not about a primary team member, but is the story of the foster siblings of Deep Ops Agent, Raider Tanaka, Faye and Hunter. The second chance romance is really sweet and the suspense is great too.

Hunter Holt might be the most stubborn ex-s
☕️Kimberly
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zanetti introduces us to Raider’s foster siblings and has us hunting down a kidnapping serial killer.

I was lost for a moment when I met Hunter Holt and Fays Smith, but as soon as Raider and their foster mother became involved I got the connection. Holt, Faye and Raider all spent time in the same Foster home and their momma needs their help. Apparently Holt has a half-brother who is in a heap of trouble.

Raider brings Wolfe with him and gads the man just makes me laugh. I fell in love with Angus F
Dali
Zanetti continues her irresistible Deep Ops series with Taken.

Five years ago Faye Smith needed to get her life in order and walked away from the love of her life. But needing Hunter Holt’s help to find a runaway foster teen has given her a second chance with the man who holds her heart.

Having run away from the same abusive man, Hunter doesn’t hesitate to help find the half-brother he didn’t know existed, even when it means teaming up with the beautiful psychologist who broke his heart. But the
Kate's Corner
Taken is a fantastic addition to the Deep Ops series. It is sweet, fast paced and has a good setting with a strong plot and in-depth characters.

A second chance romance where it brings them together and that these two actually deserve that second chance without a shadow of a doubt.

I recommend this book so read it!

photo New ARC_zpsdpyxs3wn.jpg
Marta Cox
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
A novella to fill the gap whilst fans wait for the next full length book. Actually thinking about it if it was Raider you had hoped for then this story does help fill in some gaps about his background and upbringing.
Somehow Hunter and Faye drifted apart emotionally and Faye made the heart breaking decision to walk away. Now five years later Faye needs to contact Hunter because someone very important needs his help. Is it possible that Hunters life is about to get more complicated ?
I quite enjoy
Christina
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
While I was disappointed to not get Fallen right away, I surprisingly enjoyed Taken. I’m not a fan of novellas as I don’t feel that we get to know the characters and what makes them who they are. That isn’t the case for this one.

Hunter and Faye have had rough childhoods and a lot of baggage that they brought into their relationship. 5 years later, they’re working together again to find Hunter’s half-brother. Emotions are at the surface as they race to find him.

We also got more of Raider and Wo
Lady Heather
5-Stars!
This novella was a good read!
I really like this series with it's misfits of characters.
Great writing, storyline and characters.
Dali
Zanetti continues her irresistible Deep Ops series with Taken.

Leigh
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc, 4-stars
Taken is a novella in the Deep Ops series and while Faye and Hunter aren't on the team they are childhood friends of Raider. Faye and Hunter were kids together and then they were so much more. Since I'm a sucker for second chance romances this was perfect for me. I loved that neither one had stopped loving the other and how although they both tried moving on during their 5 year separation they never could. I loved seeing the men from the team, Wolfe was great and Roscoe had me laughing. While I ...more
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Taken was another strong story in Zanetti's Deep Ops series, and I was delighted reading it. There's a little nod to another of her series, which made me smile so hard!
Faye and Hunter were both strong characters, and they fit in with the other characters from the first story very well. The suspense was intense, and I was at the edge of my seat for most of Taken.

COYER treasure hunt Read a book with One Word Title 2 POINTS.
Anne - Books of My Heart
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Netgalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Taken is a novella between books 1 and 2 in the Deep Ops series .  We don't see the main couple from Hidden, but this is a background setup for Raider who is the hero of book 2,  Fallen. It's a bit disconcerting because for the beginning as there is little connection to the world we know.

Things move quickly, as it is a novell
Doris
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have always been an absolute fan of Rebecca Zanetti. Her 'Dark Protectors' series is one of my all time favorites.
This book was different genre than what I am use to her writing. I did enjoy this story, I like that her main female character is strong and can stand up to her male counterpart. These characters have a past and yet they need to combine forces with others to find the younger brother of out main character Hunter.
I also liked that they supporting characters are as strong and funny
Carvanz
I’m already in love with all the members of the Deep Op team, including Roscoe, but this novella introduces us to a few characters in Raider’s life that also shines a light on his past. And I loved them just as much as the rest of the team.

It’s been five years since Faye has seen Hunter. She’s been sent to find him and inform him of some surprising news as well as a serious development that requires their attention. Their attraction is immediately resurrected, although it never died in the first
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Zanetti is one of those authors I easily fall into. No matter what she writes I fall in love with the story. She's my comfort author. Whenever I run into a string of not-so-good-books, I pick up a Zanetti novel and all is right again in the world.

The first thing you have to know about Zanetti is that her sex scenes are hot and off the charts. Probably because she makes her characters fit so well together. As much as I admire the action and romance in Zanetti's novel I must confess it's the Eas

Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

Hunter and Faye had a relationship in the past and they both walked away from it. Now five years later they have to work together to find a missing boy. There's not a whole lot said about the past, and I didn't really like that. Then they got back together with out much said. I did love seeing Raider, Wolffe, Kat, Roscoe and Angus. Roscoe and Kat are still my favorites. Looking forward to Raider and Brigid's book.
Beth
Taken is a great novella length addition to the Deep Ops series. Zanetti creates a fantastic and fully executed story of second chances.

Faye and Hunter have chemistry, that was never the problem but 5 years ago, there was too many issues in their lives and lots of things left unsaid. They grew up together in the foster system Now, they are pushed together to find a missing boy. A boy who happens to be Hunter’s brother and in the sights of a trigger-happy sheriff.

Zanetti masterfully captures a h
Debrac2014
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short novella! Roscoe is up to his old tricks!
Dísir
As a side-story of Rebecca Zanetti’s Deep Ops series, ‘Taken’ is pretty much a compact standalone as Raider Tanaka’s old friends take the stage in a short, second-chance romance.

In this case however, the brevity of the story probably made me less engaged than I could have been, since this felt as though it could have been a full-length book and had lost so much because it wasn’t. All we know is that Hunter Holt and Faye Smith had once been together; she’d split five years ago and is now back to
Sophia
After the thrilling opener series opener, Hidden, I was eager to snatch up this tweeny novella that finds the Deep Ops team as the secondary characters assisting on a cross country crime spree that hits close to home for Raider Tanaka's foster family and a second chance romance for Hunter and Faye.

Taken is a standalone side story in the Deep Ops series world that falls between books one and two. It offers some back story for Raider with appearances from other members of the team, but focuses on
Elaine
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up
This was a nice little novella in the Deep Ops series. I was hoping for a full lenght novel but Taken was a good read too. The short length of the story probably made me less invested than I could have been. This felt as though it could have been a full-length book and had lost so much because it wasn’t. I had a hard time really liking and relating to the hero and heroine (probably because we don't really get their full backstory and they don't feel fleshed out entirely). The
Jujubee
I am a sucker for a second chance romance with a side of kick-ass road trip!
Still, I was thinking that a novella might not be the best format to fully develop a solid back story that not only makes me feel their former love, longing about being apart (thank you, dear author, for not making the separation period the magical "10 year," LOL), along with a fresh reason why our former lovers even see each other again, and still find a believably way back to each other in and around 100 pages.
I was so
Nikki Brooks
This is a total mix bag of emotions! From taut thriller, romance and downright comedy gold!

Hunter and Faye were two of the four foster children all living with Miss A. They transitioned to being more than friends but they each pulled away for one reason or another. But when a new guest at Miss A is found to be related to Hunter, she sends Faye to bring him back to the fold.

Hunter enjoys the quiet at his cabin, far from everyone. But when Faye arrives and he realises that his father, yet again,
Robin Loves Reading
Hunter Holt and Faye Smith both have reason to run. However, for now, they both must work together to help locate a missing foster child. Working together certainly is not easy, as they once had a chance to be together. Now, several years have fast and the two must work together, along with Hunter's Deep Ops team to find the child, as well as the brother that he never knew.

This second chance story was an excellent read. Although it was only a novella, it was a singular story that was very well d
AJ
4 stars

This novella is a spin-off to the Deep Ops series, but it can also easily standalone as a romantic mystery suspense. It’s fast-paced and intriguing with a second-chance-romance, and I loved it!

Hunter and Faye are the foster siblings of Raider – who is part of the Deep Ops crew. They have a bond as strong as any true siblings, though Hunter and Faye took it further and fell in mad, all-consuming love. But five years ago they were torn apart by loss and tragedy, and though their feelings fo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)
  • Lost and Found (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #2)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Your Lion Eyes (Alphaville, #2)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Slow Ride (Road to Love, #2)
  • Fighting the Fire (Warrior Fight Club, #3)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Kyle (Riding Hard, #6)
  • The Enforcer's Revenge (Untamed Hearts, #4)
  • Wherever You Are (KGI, #12)
  • Breaking Without You (Fractured Connections, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.

Deep Ops (2 books)
  • Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
“I’m the type of guy who only loves ones, and you walked away.” 0 likes
“I’m looking at a different career.”
“Like what?” He fed more crackers to the kitten.
She pressed a thumb into her opposite palm to relax. “Maybe landscape design?” The idea had definitely taken root.
He grinned. “I have a house. A real one.”
0 likes