Start by marking “Alphas and Airships (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #2)” as Want to Read:
Alphas and Airships (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #2)

Alphas and Airships

(Steampunk Red Riding Hood #2)

With Lionheart as the new alpha, the streets of London are quiet. But above the realm, mischief is brewing. While airship pirates are a common plague upon the kingdom, the airship Fenrir proves particularly troublesome--especially on a full moon. Clemeny must take to the skies before these shape-shifting Vikings kick off a new Ragnarok. Easier said than done now that she's ...more
Published June 20th 2018 by Clockpunk Press (first published May 29th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Alphas and Airships, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alphas and Airships

Mandie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful well written adventurous book. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Talia Colley
Clemeny Louvel of the Red Cape Society is in Scotland for this second entry in the series, on an airship chasing down werewolf pirates who have been attacking airships and recently robbed one of the Queen's "aether armada". I loved the imagery of being on an airship sailing through the clouds as well as the excitement of the battles between ships and pirates jumping back and forth and abandoning ship. It made the book fun and exciting to read. The cover art is also beautiful and helped me pictur ...more
Lene Blackthorn
It might be more peaceful in London now with Lionheart as the alpha.
But Scotland is not so lucky. The threat lurks in the aether, hiding in the clouds and pirating, assaulting unsuspecting merchant vessels. Clemeny is paired up with agent Harper - talented but inexperienced in the field. Facing the threat of flying werewolves, the Vikings, is not an easy mission, and anyone can get hurt in the process. But Clemeny never gives up, chasing her prey, following the magic, and trying to solve her rel
Robin
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, Clemeny has made a name for herself in the Red Cape Society, and not just the nickname Little Red, but as a valuable keeper of the preternatural peace.
Though small of stature she is quite clever, or is it lucky, or maybe there is more to Little Red than meets the eye, but she manages to bring down the Big Bad Wolves and saves the day.
She also meets new a interesting characters along the way.
Clemeny is looking for a romantic relationship as well, but is not having much luck at this point, or
Andrea Loveless

"My stomach, however, reminded me that I needed to get back on the ground first before I started thinking of putting anything in my stomach." Annoying. At the end it should just say "it" not stomach.
"It wouldn’t due (should be do) to have anyone glancing this way."
Good story but author needs better editors
Elysian Fields
Shelves: favorites
Another AMAZING story from this wonderful author. She is a one click must for me. With the perfect mixture of action, adventure, steampunk, preternatural and of coarse Vikings; this story is a hit!
I love Clemeny and how she is both bold and strong, but also flawed and feminine. the premise of this story is so unique and different that it makes the adventure of reading it a completely new experience.

It is loosely based on the tale of Red Riding Hood but it is filled with shape shifting Vikings,
Saundra Wright
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things have settled down in London since Clemeny took out Fenrir. She's even on the mend if not adjusted to the near loss of sight she has suffered and certainly not the scars. The new tech is nifty though.
Quinn is getting by but will never return, not a happy prospect for Clemeny Louvel. She dreads the day the new boss decides it's time for a partner again.
Mmmm. The new boss, straight from Scottland, Hunter, decidedly yummy if uptight in Clemeny's opinion, but will anyone ever look on her face
Donna
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second instalment in the steampunk Little Red Riding Hood series, and the first of the totally new stories (book one started life as a short story in a boxset before being updated, extended and becoming a book for this series). I loved the premise of this story - pirate werewolves in the airships above England - and the storytelling is excellent, as always. And with guest appearances by Lily Stargazer and her family, and even the Loch Ness Monster, there's plenty of characters to kee ...more
Kaye
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOT ON THE TRAIL!!!
Hey guy, pull up a chair, sit a while. This is a refreshing spin on lil' red. Yep! Not just a little girl off to grandmas. Nope, this is willing, ready and able to kick some good a**. No joke this is one feisty, smart and smooth operator. You have all of the action packed, fast paced and more drama than a sane person could handle. Good thing I'm not sane. The characters and scenes were realistic, intriguing and complex. Twists, turns and unexpected surprises that kept me capti
Amanda
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful reading. Adventure, just the whisper of romance, and comedy. This is a great twist on the Red Riding Hood fairy tale. “Red” is a girl who works for a secret government agency that hunts down dangerous werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and other fantastic creatures of myth. The government agency uses the red capes as a sort of uniform. Characters are well developed. Red is funny and smart and brave with an unknown background that makes for an interesting mystery. I’ve read all the books in ...more
Monica
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great addition to the first book. I love following Clemeny and her adventures. This time she is trying to find out what Werewolf is causing trouble in the skies. Though she gets bad motion sickness she has a job to do. There is a new Agent/Boss in town and I can't wait to see if anything happens between him and Clemeny. Clemeny is such a badass and she is fun to read about. I can't wait to read more more about Clemeny and the Agency.
Stacy Spoonster
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alphas and Airships

Sigh. I miss Lily. She will always be my favorite. That being said, I really like this series. Clemony is a really cool character. I love that about Melanie Karsak's writing. She creates these incredible, strong female characters. Even though they exist in these crazy situations/worlds, her characters are completely relatable. They have their own problems and quirks that we can all understand. I highly recommend this series and all of Karsak's books.
Renee Arthur
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clemeny, aka Little Red, Louvel works as an agent for the red cape society. They hunt werewolves steampunk style. This is the second in the series and pirates are attacking airships on the trade routes. It's not long before Agent Louvel is after them with a new temporary partner. It seems the skies have a new alpha and he must be stopped. It's a great ride along the way while reading this book. I'm hooked! I've read the first and second book and I'll definitely be reading the next one.
Kelly
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Red takes on raiding Vikings! A wonderful blend of magic and science, as any steampunk story should be! I couldn’t put this tale down once I started, and I’m looking forward to reading book 3… however, I will have to add Melanie Karsak’s airship series to my “to-read” list - too much of this tale takes place in the air and although not necessary to enjoy this book, it will make rereading “Alphas and Airships” that much better.
Diane
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy and this is my honest review. I really like Little Red, she is spunky and fearless. In this book we get a few hints about what Clemeny may be. I'm thinking Druid or fae. This book was fast paced and enjoyable to read. You even get to meet the Lock Ness Monster! I would recommend this to all. Cannot wait for the next book.
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
going to the dogs

Agent Clemeny is hunting Vikings. flying ones. and they are hunting treasure, especially the English kind. Clemeny has some amazing luck and help from some very surprising sources to help control this hair-raising problem
Chelsey Nixon
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#SpoilerWarrior

Listen. Normally the second book never matches up to the first book of a series. It’s just fact. But here I am, finishing book two, and still completely enamored with Clemeny and her world. Can’t wait for the next one.
Tânya
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steampunk Fairy Tale

Amazing. Chasing bad guys through the skies and across land, oh what an adventure. Fast paced, well defined characters, a heroine who has spunk, all makes for a great story
Elizabeth
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Little Red chasing viking werewolves while airsick through the skies of Edinburgh was fun! Agent Harper is shaping into a nice partner, but I kinda miss Quinn's random facts. I also want some Lionheart books!!! C'mon Melanie help a girl out!
Eliza Jones
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great sequel!

Loved this one as much as the first. I missed Quinn but Harper made for an interesting new partner and I can't wait to find out about a possible budding romance in the next book.
Maurice Jones
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow,this book is full on clever!! Great main and supporting characters and plot (with nods to some historical figures)Off the rails action,and witty humor! What else could you want?? I know! THE NEXT BOOK,PLEASE!!!
Lilly
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I enjoyed this tale, Clemeny is once again chasing down the big bad wolf while battling a couple of personal impediments! We are able to snatch a jigsaw piece of information as to who she is, and now have to figure out where that puzzle pieces fits.
Paula Letterman
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner!

Melanie Karzai has a way of writing steampunk that keeps you enthralled and on the edge of your proverbial seat. The mechanics aren't so out there that you have to guess what they do but they are still above what they had for the times. Love this series.
joseph w clouser
Interesting

An interesting book , kind of different , but I liked it. A light read filled with action and mysterious characters . Enjoyable way to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon
Felicia Allen
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. Clemeny is funny and has to be one of my favorite characters of all time.
Eleonora
Better than the first but the author still need heavy editing.
Laïa's Cave
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-eng
Clemeny, Clemeny, Clemeny alala i love your stubbornness and air-sickness xDDD
na without joking still a badass girl fighting werewolves!!!!
Maria Mitchell
Not as good as the first.
Denise Masters
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good series!! I am enjoying it very much
Becky Stephens
Shelves: steampunk, fairy_tale
You had me at Vikings, Melanie! I’m a huge fan of Vikings, so when I realized that Melanie wrote Vikings into her steampunk Red Riding Hood series, I knew I would be smitten. And I was right!

This clever tale has everything: action and adventure, preternaturals, a hint of romance, and steampunk!

Though Clemeny is a badass character, I love that she’s not flawless. With motion sickness, finding and capturing the shape-shifting Vikings isn’t easy. But that makes me love her more.

If you’re a fan and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Hilda - Snow White Revisited (Hilda the Wicked Witch #2)
  • Two-Bit Heroes (Ivory, #2)
  • Return
  • Fearsome Magics
  • Dangerous Space
  • Fools Errant
  • Confluence
  • Oceans: The Anthology (Frontiers of Speculative Fiction, #2)
  • Pink Snowbunnies in Hell: A Flash-Fiction Anthology
  • Galactic Exploration
  • Women of Futures Past: Classic Stories
  • Starbound
  • Sing
  • On Wings of Magic (Witch World Series 3: The Turning, #3)
  • Archer's Sin (Hearts And Thrones, #2.5)
  • The Galaxy Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • More Than A Feeling: The Prequel to The Claire Wiche Chronicles
  • The Stars Down Under (The Outback Stars #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Melanie Karsak is the author of The Airship Racing Chronicles, The Harvesting Series, The Celtic Blood Series, Steampunk Red Riding Hood, and Steampunk Fairy Tales. A steampunk connoisseur, zombie whisperer, and heir to the iron throne, the author currently lives in Florida with her husband and two children. She is an Assistant Professor of English a ...more

Steampunk Red Riding Hood (6 books)
  • Wolves and Daggers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #1)
  • Peppermint and Pentacles (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #3)
  • Bitches and Brawlers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #4)
  • Howls and Hallows: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #5)
  • Lycans and Legends: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #6)