Start by marking “Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)

Dark Water (Fog Point #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  180 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
P.I. Jake Rikker has been retained to find a stalker. A challenge that could help redeem his lifeâ?"if he doesnâ?t lose it first. A private investigator, kayak adventurer, and whale watching to
Published April 18th 2006 by Waterbrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Water

Harriette
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Barbara
Linda Hall's Fog Point series revolves around whale-watching tour guide Jake Rikker and his widowed partner, May. They're enlisted to help Elise St. Dennis, an acclaimed jewelry designer who has been corresponding with a prison inmate named Wesley Stoller, who is released and is believed to be stalking her. Jake develops feelings for Elise, despite her erratic behavior (she refuses to allow the police to be involved). May suspects some locals might be involved (the ne'er-do-well Featherjohn fami ...more
Devin
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kate
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
On vacation in Maine, seeking a new book in a small lending/donation based library. Never heard of the author but seemed like a fun little mystery. Worth the $2 I had on me.
It was entertaining but somewhat weakly written. Jake, our main character, was a dope. I'm glad his partner, May, was the real PI because he was pretty useless, falling easily for "damsels in distress" and overlooking inconsistencies that any normal person would wonder about. The mystery itself wasn't great, fairly predictabl
Georgiann Hennelly
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jake Rikker is a private investigator and a Whale - Watching tour guide he is based out of an old purple church, He is caught off guard by his new client Elise St Dennis an up- and coming jewelry designer. She wants him to find something- not an object but an ex con who has traced her to Fog Point. She is afraid to go to the police and she is a little desperate. Jake -senses an attraction to her so he throws himself into helping her. Aided by May a crusty Widow and also his business partner. But ...more
Ashley Daviau
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This book has left me a tad conflicted. While I did enjoy most of it, I found the main character Elise quite strange/annoying from the very start. But then with the way it ended, which TOTALLY threw me, it kind of explained her weirdness. I guess a part of me knew there was something fishy about her and that's why I disliked her. I quite enjoyed the rest of the book though, I always like a good mystery/suspense story and if this book was anything it was definitely that!
Sheri
Oct 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This took me a while to read only because life through us into a loop when my mom got sick and came to live with us on hospice. When my mom past it took me awhile to pick it up again but when I did it was like I never put it down. I loved the ending because it makes you feel like there is more out there. It's not the kind of ending that you feel left out there hanging. I am now reading the second book in the series and am already enjoying that.
Torimac
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Well, I guess I liked the writing and the action till about 2/3 thru the book. Then I felt the author got confused. The ending was terrible: the "villian" was framed, the most interesting and sinister character was still unknown by the main characters, I wasn't sure who the main characters really were, and subplots had gotten mixed up in the main plot for no good reason.
Too bad. The first 2/3 really showed the author could build suspense and action.
Denise
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my second book by this author. I really enjoyed seeing some of the same characters. I liked Jake and May and how they worked together. It was a good suspenseful read. I actually read the second book first and then saw this one. I look forward to reading more about Fog Point.
Pam
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Second time read? not sure. Jake, single dad, & May, a widow, are PIs who solve the case of Elise, single mom, who seems to be being stalked by her ex husband.
good plot, characterization, descriptions! love Linda's writing! kept my interest!
Feb 05, 2012 rated it liked it
The last one-hundred pages are the best. There seemed to be a lot of distracting sub-stories...almost like the author wanted to throw the reader off. Instead they were just annoying and made the book longer than necessary.
Viv
Jul 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
Starts off well, with lots of twists and turns that keeps you guessing ... then about 3 chapters from the end all is revealed in such a way that it feels like an anti-climax with a dissappointing ending.
Steph
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not a bad book, but I thought it was very predictable. I also wan't a big fan of the characters.
Jennifer W
Dec 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
I love me a good mystery. I really enjoyed how the characters were not all they seemed to be. I can't wait to read the sequel.
Lynell
Jul 12, 2009 rated it liked it
slow to develop characters and plot; good mystery; not very Christian
AJ
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: No one in particular--see review
Recommended to AJ by: No one
Review to come
Kathi
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Quick read...good for get away reading....
Lora
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was ok

Rather juvenile. Usually love her books.
David Johnston
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Private detective finds himself hired by a woman who isn't telling him the whole story. But in the end this attempt at small town noir ends up a little dumb.
Barbara
Apr 18, 2007 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and it was a really quick read. The "heroine" was a bit needy for my taste but all in all I would recommend it. Interesting characters and nice story location.
Nancy L Draper
Dec 21, 2017
Bskinner
Mar 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • Tested by Fire (Baxter #1)
  • Storm Surge (The Storm Series #3)
  • Dangerous Depths (The Aloha Reef  #3)
  • Caught in the Act (Amhearst Mystery, #2)
  • A Time to Mend
  • What Lies Within (Family Honor Series #3)
  • Awaken My Heart
  • Tears in a Bottle
  • Undertow (The Julesburg Mysteries #3)
  • Fury: 1825-1826 (The Great Awakenings #4)
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor
More about Linda Hall

Fog Point (2 books)
  • Black Ice (Fog Point, #2)

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand