Start by marking “A Long Way Down” as Want to Read:
A Long Way Down

A Long Way Down

(Ryan DeMarco Mystery #3)

The third book in the acclaimed Ryan DeMarco mystery series finds DeMarco returning to Erie, Pennsylvania after his estranged wife attempts suicide and beginning an investigation into three recent murders in a nearby Ohio town that may be related to a cold case dating back to DeMarco's high school days.
Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by Sourcebooks Landmark

To ask other readers questions about A Long Way Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Long Way Down

Judy Collins
Acclaimed bestselling author, Randall Silvis returns following Walking the Bones (2018) with his award-winning Ryan DeMarco mystery series in this third installment of the complex but compassionate character (and one you sympathize with) —A LONG WAY DOWN.

Silvis once again demonstrates he is a “master” of his craft combining both intelligent literary and mystery suspense in a powerful series, leaving readers eagerly awaiting the next.

From the last novel, we catch up with former sergeant of t
Maranda
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT AUTHOR telling a satisfying crime/romantic adventure. This is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. Characters Ryan and Jayme are law enforcement and are asked to give a hand with a serial killer investigation in Ryan's home town of Eric Pa. Our main characters continue their attraction and healing while combating this crime investigation. One plot line Ryan struggles with the death of his author friend, Thomas Huston, who has left behind some of his unpublished pages. "A ...more
Cathy
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the first book in the series but have been disappointed in the next two. This one focuses a lot on the relationship between Ryan and Jayme and it feels a bit forced and cliched to me. The parts that bring in Thomas’s writings seem like a device to make the mystery more literary. To me, it made those sections boring. The characters are solid I wish the storytelling was a bit stronger.
Given a review copy by NetGalley in return for an unbiased review.
Johnna Whetstone
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was not for me. Not only was I already a bit turned off, finding out it was a series, I just could not get into it, i will update if this changes in the future, and did do a 3 star as a neutral, because it just wasn’t for me.
Will use in a challenge, as well as let the members of Chapter Chatter Pub know about it’s release!
Kaye
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Randall Silvis writes beautifully. That said, none of the books in this Ryan De Marco series moved me in the way earlier Silvis books did. I'm a big fan of literate mysteries, so it is not the genre-crossing premise of these recent books that bothers me. Perhaps I've just been unable to engage with the lead characters, Ryan and Jayme.

This book is well-plotted and well-paced. It's worth reading just for its style and Silvis's wordsmithery. I was disappointed that, as in the two previous DeMarco b
Suz Jay
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
“That thought brought back to DeMarco a conversation he had shared with Thomas Huston, the first and so far only person to suggest to him that investigating a crime was a lot like writing a novel. Huston had explained that Chandler chose not to write typical mysteries, those in which the only thing that matters is the resolution, the solution to the mystery, but instead to write mysteries in which every scene matters, because every scene adds another layer to the main character.”*

I voluntarily r
May 25, 2019
Yolanda
Mar 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
This is a very real and hard story. It was a good beautifully written book with a fast paced plot.
Just a good read
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for letting me review this book
Alyssa
I have really enjoyed the Ryan DeMarco series, and this was a perfect addition to it. I love getting more of his story and background. Getting to see his childhood and family gave his character a lot more depth.
This book was well written, intriguing, and kept me interested from the first page to the very last. I would recommend it to anyone who read the previous books in this series.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of the book mentioned above in the hope that
Emma
May 24, 2019
Dave Sloan
May 03, 2019
Brenda
Apr 22, 2019
Annarella
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good, engaging and entertaining mystery.
I liked how the plot was developed, the well written cast of characters and the style of writing.
The mystery was good, non plot hole, full of twists and turns and it kept me guessing till the end.
An interesting reading experience and a very good series.
I look forward to reading other books in this series.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Kathy
May 16, 2019
Leah Hines
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is not what I expected. It was so much better. I think it's the best of the series so far. DeMarco and Jayme have a lot going on in this one. The main mystery is intriguing and interesting. It's full of twists with an end I didn't see coming. The personal plotline between the two main characters is an emotional rollercoaster. I don't think we have seen the last of Laraine, unfortunately. The new characters in this one are great and I hope we see more of them. There is a bit of an open e ...more
Gwen
Barbara
Jan 20, 2019
Alex
Jan 21, 2019
Randall Silvis is the internationally acclaimed author of over a dozen novels, one story
collection, and one book of narrative nonfiction. Also a prize-winning playwright, a
produced screenwriter, and a prolific essayist, he has been published and produced in
virtually every field and genre of creative writing. His numerous essays, articles, poems and short stories have appeared in the Discovery Chan

Ryan DeMarco Mystery (3 books)
  • Two Days Gone (Ryan DeMarco Mystery, #1)
  • Walking the Bones (Ryan DeMarco Mystery #2)