Start by marking “On Becoming Babywise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep - Interactive Support” as Want to Read:

Distinguished pediatrician Dr Robert Bucknam, M.D. and co-author Gary Ezzo are two of the world's leading experts on infant management concepts. In this revised 6th edition, they have updated their groundbreaking approach which has found favor with over six million parents in all 50 states and has been translated into 20 languages around the world. For over 25 years, On ...more
Published January 1st 2019 by Hawksflight & Associates, Inc

To ask other readers questions about On Becoming Babywise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Becoming Babywise

Start your review of On Becoming Babywise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep - Interactive Support
Ben Weis
I’m now an expert parent
Elena
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My husband and I have heard countless recommendations of this book by friends and co-workers who said that their babies slept eight hours a night by 8-10 weeks after following the guidelines of this book. Our curiosity was peaked and thankfully, a co-worker gave it to Greg as a gift. Though we have yet to put it into practice since we are still awaiting our son's birth, it seems like it will be an indispensable resource in the very near future. The co-authors declare that their parent-directed ...more
Kurt Zisa
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Very loose guide to sleep training. Solid read for expecting parents but don't bother reading if your child is already a few months old. Regardless, gives sound medical information on the topics of reflux, etc.
Dana Walton
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly helpful in making me more confident, and getting my baby into much better habits. Love.
Mandy Ellison
Sep 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) warned against the book, stating that its advice could result in infant development problems such as dehydration, poor weight gain, slow growth, delayed development and failure to thrive, as well as lack of milk supply in the new mother and involuntary weaning of the infant.

In 1998, Bill Sears, evangelical author, pediatrician, and clinical assistant professor of pediatrics at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, best known as the foremost proponent of
Karyn Hall
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has blessed our family beyond measure. It gave us a very solid, practical approach to caring for our new baby's sleep needs, and also bringing rest to our whole family. I have now read it through 4-5 times.

It does not need to stand alone as your only resource however. It is not comprehensive, as it goes into great detail for young infants, but not much beyond that, and it is seriously lacking in the troubleshooting area. It gave the impression that once they're sleeping well, thats
Erika
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Could see some valuable insights, especially the eat/wake/sleep routine. And I'll probably come back for tips on dropping naps. But I do see how someone with no knowledge of babies could misuse their information, and I also question some of their statements, which conveniently didn't have citations, and took offense to their treatment of IBCLCs.
Denise
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I reference this book weekly as our baby grows and we work on sleep development. Babywise seems to have both people that love it and others that think the technique is useles. Thus far, I found it helpful as a general guideline to supplement our pediatrician's recommendations.
Allyson Stinnett
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trying to soak up all the baby knowledge while I can! I found a lot of what it had to say very helpful for creating a proactive healthy sleep mindset from the beginning. Hard to know exactly how I'll feel about it until I'm actually trying to put it into practice.
Skye
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Partly common knowledge, partly in conflict with my pediatrician's directions. They get an extra star for being pro-vaccine.
Marina
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the strategies and approach. Followed it with baby and it’s worked wonders!
Bethany B.
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Some very helpful things if taken with a grain of salt. And an understanding of your own baby and situation. And grace.
Amber Staggs
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parenting
Baby is sleeping through the night (mostly), and I definitely credit the schedules in this book. It’s been so helpful for our little one!
Beverly
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay book. A lot of the information I already knew. Possibly would have been more helpful had I read it earlier when my baby was first born or with my first child.
The She Within
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an essential for the new moms out there. Get your baby on a steady sleep and feeding schedule using the simple principles outlined in this book.
Tiffany Nash
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I still haven't gotten my son to sleep through the night, but he has a more consistent schedule now and sleeps longer during the night. I just have one night feeding now.
Michael D. Scott
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book with an overwhelming amount of information.
Taylor Riney
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great for expecting parents & helpful tips now with an infant. I love the small schedules!! Basically a baby expert now.
Reilly Fite
Jul 19, 2019
Pavithra
Dec 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer
  • Moms On Call Basic Baby Care: 0-6 Months (Expanded and Revised 2012) (Moms On Call Parenting Books)
  • Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool
  • Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting
  • Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
  • Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong - and What You Really Need to Know
  • On Becoming Baby Wise II: Parenting Your Pre-Toddler Five to Fifteen Months
  • Precious Little Sleep
  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
  • The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
  • Baby-led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
  • The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy
  • Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five
  • Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
  • What to Expect the First Year (What to Expect)
  • Work. Pump. Repeat.: The New Mom's Survival Guide to Breastfeeding and Going Back to Work
  • Strong As a Mother: How to Stay Healthy, Happy, and (Most Importantly) Sane from Pregnancy to Parenthood: The Only Guide to Taking Care of YOU!
  • On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep