Start by marking “The Flatshare” as Want to Read:
The Flatshare

The Flatshare

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  15,500 ratings  ·  3,210 reviews
Tiffy Moore and Leon Twomey each have a problem and need a quick fix.

Tiffy’s been dumped by her cheating boyfriend and urgently needs a new flat. But earning minimum wage at a quirky publishing house means that her choices are limited in London.

Leon, a palliative care nurse, is more concerned with other people’s welfare than his own. Along with working night shifts looking
Published May 28th 2019 by Flatiron Books (first published April 10th 2019)

·  15,500 ratings  ·  3,210 reviews

Warda
And here you are, book, going on my favourites list.

This was a pleasant surprise in the best way possible. I knew that I would enjoy it, but I fell in love instead.

It’s a quiet, heartwarming story that follows Tiffy and Leon. Both have agreed on an unusual arrangement between themselves and are sharing not only a flat, but a bed together. But they don’t see each other. Tiffy has the apartment to herself in the evenings, and when she’s off to work, that’s when Leon comes home.

During this arran
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 8/5/19: Y'all, I still love this SO DAMN MUCH. The characters in this book are some of my favorite characters of all time. Tiffy is so strong and complex and goofy and Leon is so soft and caring but also serious and MY HEART IS SO FULL. Brb while I swoon from here to eternity. I'm gonna love this book forever.

Original read 5/26/19: I loved this I loved this I loved this I LOVED THIS. Oh my god, I loved this.

TW: gaslighting, emotional abuse, stalking
jessica
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this story really grew on me, in the best way possible. i guess its true what they say, that opposites attract, because a couple of things that would normally be off-putting to me as a reader (tiffy being stereotypically ‘quirky’ and the odd writing/formatting of leons chapters) turned out to be very endearing and made me enjoy the story that much more.

i love how this radiated british humour. its so understated, undervalued even, and i thought leon was hilarious. both characters are charming an
Emer (A Little Haze)
now available in both hardback and eBook format in the UK / Ireland

Yasssssss!!! Oh I have been waiting for a book like this one to come along FOR YEARS! The Flatshare is exactly what I want from a romantic comedy/dramedy type book... It's got hugely likeable protagonists in the form of Tiffy and Leon, a highly original setup for the meeting of these two characters, a cast of interesting supporting characters and side storylines but most of all... It feels fresh!!! Hallelujah for that. I have fou
Nilufer Ozmekik
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boring
Three dull, unsatisfied stars gave my shiny place in the minority among the readers who gave so much stars to this one⭐⭐⭐
I mostly like chic-lit books especially written by Irish and British writers. I like Marian Keyes’ books which shouldn’t be defined as soft chic lit ones because of the characters’ heavy baggages and emotional problems ( alcoholism, denial the dead of loved ones, abuse victims)
On this book our heroine Tiffi suffers from emotional abuse and with flashbacks of her relationship s
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Adorable, Left Me Feeling Content Stars for Beth O'Leary's The Flatshare

This book worked its way into my heart with its:
~ slow burn romance (and I'm usually not a slow burn fan!)
~ adorable post-it notes (I LOVED reading the back & forth notes!)
~ fierce, quirky & hilariously inappropriate friends (everyone needs a Tribe like this in their life!)
~ subtle yet frank look at emotional/psychological abuse (totally unexpected but handled appropriately for this type of read)

There is unex
Paromjit
This is a charming and lovely piece of contemporary fiction from Beth O'Leary that takes an interesting premise of a one bedroom flat in London being shared by two occupants who never meet, each in residence, sleeping in the same bed, when the other is out or working. A more exploitative version of this is the overcrowded sharing of accommodation in the desperate working conditions experienced by trafficked, illegal and migrant workers. This is a more benign and comic take focusing on the dire f ...more
✨ A ✨
It’s weird how easily you can get to know someone from the traces they leave behind.

The best kinds of books are those that surprise you with their perfection. I was expecting this to be a cutesy light hearted read. It was and it wasn't. The characters were more complex than I had anticipated and so was the plot.

Tiffy is desperate for a place to live and Leon is short on cash. They come to an odd arrangement. They will share not only a flat but the same bed. Leon has the flat for the day until
preoccupiedbybooks
This book and I had a second chance love affair!

At first I didn't like the way that one of the main characters spoke, without many pronouns, like he was speaking in note form, rather than in full sentences?

I very nearly gave up on it!

But then I wouldn't have gotten to know Tiffany, Rachel, Gerty, Mo, Leon and, Richie.

Then I wouldn't have witnessed Tiffy's amazing character Arc.

I wouldn't have seen all the cute little notes, and seen these really different people get to know, each other.

Then I w
The Flatshare incorporates elements of adult romance, family/relationship drama, and brief domestic suspense all under a fairly original and likable umbrella. I enjoyed the epistolary components between 2 roommates that have never met and I liked the premise overall (3 stars).

My favorite quote:
N/A
Sara
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this whilst on a plane and i must say its the perfect travel read as its a very easy read, so sweet and heart warming!

I loved Tiffy and Leon as individuals, and thought they were so adorable as a couple!

Would recommend.
Umut Reviews
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2019
Let's cut it short if you don't want to read the whole review. If you like to read contemporary feel good books that'll cheer you up, chick-lits, light spring/summer reads, you MUST read this book. It's a very good example of its kind that I haven't seen in a long time as a Sophie Kinsella fan.
On the cover it says the new Jojo Moyes. As far as I'm concerned, this is much better! And, it's not a depressive book under the shelter of its umbrella.

When I opened the book and started to read about T
EmBibliophile
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
3.5

‘Tiffy & Leon share a flat. Tiffy & Leon share a bed. Tiffy & Leon have never met.’

That was such a unique adorable book.

To be honest, I almost gave up on it. I couldn’t get over how annoying the chapters in Leon’s POV were written. I was so frustrated, and couldn’t see the point in it. But then I see hope in the book and I decided to keep going.

Also because the cover is gorgeous! It would be a shame to give up on a book with a cover like that.

Tiffy and Leon have an unusual agreem
Corina

I often lament that romance novels start feeling the same to me after reading this genre for so many years. It’s hard for me to distinguish the many novels I read unless they are utterly unique.

I’m happy to say, that Beth O’Learly did what I wish many other authors would do, she wrote a debut novel that was quirky, unique and had a most engaging plot. The Flatshare was a feel-good novel that was hard to forget. Memorable from begging to end, thanks to fabulous, vibrant and distinctive c
Suzanne
Just a few hours ago, I returned this book to my public library. I did not want to return it! It was a lovely book. If I did not own more than 500 books I would buy it so I could have it on my shelf.

I love quirky characters in my reading, and that, Tiffy was. I also love when the names chosen in books are lovely names. Her name really suited her. Tiffy is a lovely young woman, but she has not met a nice man. A topical subject which I read about often, is gas lighting. It disturbs me that dating
Gabby
I should have known from the blurb on the front cover saying: “The new Jojo Moyes” that this book was not gonna be my thing. This is a contemporary romance novel about this girl Tiffy who’s boyfriends breaks up with her and she needs a place to live, so she moves into this apartment where Leon lives. Leon is a nurse and he works at night and he only uses the bed/apartment during the day so he needs a roommate to help him pay rent, and so Tiffy moves in and they share the same bed but they’ve nev ...more
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
*4.5 / 5 stars

This is so sweet that I wanna find a flatmate right now. ㅜ—ㅜ
Miriam Smith
The highlight of any book for me, is when I finish reading it and all I want to do is start reading it all over again. "The Flatshare" by Beth O'Leary was one of the those books. I fell head over heels in love with the characters Tiffy and Leon and found their story truly adorable.
"Tiffy and Leon share a flat. Tiffy and Leon share a bed. Tiffy and Leon have never met....... Tiffy Moore needs a cheap flat, and fast. Leon Twomey works nights and needs cash. Their friends think they're crazy, but i
☽ TheBibliotheque
"Eventually she leans forward and kisses me slowly, tasting of icing.
Tiffy: I'll be worth the wait. You'll see.
As if I'd ever doubted it."

Sometimes, when I stumble upon a book I have this strong and powerful certainty that that is a book for me. My gut tells me that this is a book with the raw potential to make me fall in love with. And guys, my gut is often wrong. As soon as I spotted The Flatshare cover, an alarm went off in my head. By the time I had read the synopsis I was certain this was a
Kim
This is such a cute and fluffy chicklit and I have no idea why it took me so long to read the whole thing.

The only thing I slightly disliked was the name Tiffy.
Karima chermiti

Let’s just start this review by Thanking Warda, whom I love with all my heart for recommending this wonderful story for me. I don’t think I would’ve stumbled on it if it weren’t for you.

*******************************

Leon needs someone to share the rent with; Tiffy needs somewhere to live after breaking up with her boyfriend. Leon will use the flat in the day after working all night long, Tiffy will live there the rest of the time and that way their problems are solved and they don’t even hav
;3
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
when i say all men are trash, leon twomey is obviously exempted
Travel.with.a.book
Being part of a huge social media tour for one of our most anticipated book of the Year is absolutely a special honour! We want to thank @flatiron_books for sending us this masterpiece and we highly recommend you to order this fascinating book!
🌸💎🌸
Beth's story is really unique and very interesting! She really knows how to melt comedy and romance within a book! She has a fascinating way to tell this amazing book that we love so much! Also the cover is really beautiful and interesting!
🌸💎🌸
I'm so hap
Trish at Between My Lines
I can’t remember the last time I gave a romance book 5 stars. They just don’t seem to fully do it for me anymore. Well until The Flatshare came along and stole my jaded heart.

I’ve all the love for

* the unique blurb. It’s genius!
* the adorable characters that I immediately fell in love with
* the quirky friends
* all the post-it notes, from funny to tender, I was smitten with them
* the chemistry and the lack of stupid misunderstanding which drives me crazy in most romance books.

Beth O’Leary...you
Melanie A.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
Shelves: library, contemporary
4 STARS!
She smiles up at me and I feel something shift in my chest.
A very sweet slow burn, coming-of-age/finding yourself type of read. I'd probably classify it more as chick lit than romance. It was a nice change of pace for me.
For some reason I am incredibly paranoid about dripping tea down the front of my fancy new dress, though I'm pretty sure if I was drinking a martini I wouldn't have the same anxieties.
Both Tiffy and Leon were cute and quirky (though in different ways) - and v
Femke (booksfemme)
I FEEL SO HAPPY AFTER FINISHING THIS!!!! THIS BOOK IS SO CUTE AHHHHH!!!!!
Jenny (Reading Envy)
This book about two people who share a flat and a bed but haven't met yet is SUCH fun. Definitely one to slip into your beach bags this summer. It has other things I like, like alternating perspectives and quirky awkward characters.

I had a copy from Flatiron (Macmillan) through edelweiss and it came out May 28.
shirley ♡
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
[3.5⭐]

I really, really liked this book. I’m not going to lie, at first I wanted to DNF so bad, I even got bored while reading. I definitely didn’t like the way the conversations were written, like in script format?? If you read it, you know what I mean.

Apart from that, I had a great time reading this book. I fell in love with the characters and the story.

And, can we talk about the fact that Tiffy was six feet tall??? Finally a character with whom I can relate to 😫🖤.
Katie Lumsden
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really, really enjoyed this one. Funny, complex, heart-warming, deep and entirely lovely. A real page turner too - would highly recommend!
Tatiana
Jun 16, 2019 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, romancelandia, ppb
This novel is misrepresented as a cute romantic comedy. The synopsis never mentions that the main male character is a nurse at a hospice, that his favorite patient is a girl with leukemia and that he has a brother in prison. There is more sad in the story, but I’ll refrain from talking about it, because maybe it’s a spoiler?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the novel iself, except that I had expected something much lighter. Jojo Moyes comparison is more on point, IMO.
All Grown Up Book...: July 14th - Chapters 66 - End of Book 10 26 Jul 17, 2019 08:49AM
All Grown Up Book...: July 13th - Chapters 58 - 65 4 10 Jul 13, 2019 06:17AM
All Grown Up Book...: July 12th - Chapters 46 - 57 6 12 Jul 12, 2019 06:15PM
All Grown Up Book...: July 11th - Chapters 32 - 45 7 13 Jul 12, 2019 12:02PM
All Grown Up Book...: July 10th - Chapters 21 - 31 5 14 Jul 10, 2019 07:43PM
All Grown Up Book...: July 9th - Chapters 12 -20 5 19 Jul 10, 2019 07:00AM

• The Singalong Society for Singletons
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Star-Crossed
  • Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors
  • I Wanna Be Where You Are
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Emma Ever After
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • The Marriage Clock
  • I Love You So Mochi
  • The Woolly Hat Knitting Club
  • The Plumberry School of Comfort Food
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered #1)
  • The Passengers
  • Serious Moonlight
Beth studied English at university before going into children’s publishing. She lives as close to the countryside as she can get while still being within reach of London, and wrote her first novel, The Flatshare, on her train journey to and from work.
You’ll usually find her curled up with a book, a cup of tea, and several woolly jumpers (whatever the weather).
“Being nice is a good thing. You can be strong and nice. You don’t have to be one or the other.” 10 likes
“I stop dead in my tracks. Someone behind me walks into me and swears (stopping abruptly in central London is a heinous crime, and immediately gives the people around you permission to kick you).” 9 likes