Start by marking “Spin the Bottle (Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Spin the Bottle (Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Book 2)

Spin the Bottle (Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Book 2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Spin the Bottle
Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall #2

Jax
I’m a virgin, but I don’t want to be. I just want to get it over with, so I made a list. I held interviews. (I know, I’m a total Type A.) The winner is Sebastian Rathbone. Grade A Beefcake who plays defense for the Grizzlies’ Rugby team. Manwhore extraordinaire. So basically, a professional. The problem? My best friend, M
Published September 18th 2018 by Corvus Corax

To ask other readers questions about Spin the Bottle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spin the Bottle

Sara Oxton
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spin the Bottle by Sara Wylde a five-star read that will spin your head. This is the second read in the Fast times at Ridgemont Hall series, but you don’t have to have read the first book, I haven’t, but I do plan on going back and reading it as this writing style is so funny. Jax and Matt were so sweet but so complicated as well, you really do want to bang their heads together, but also its nice watching them trudge through their journey getting to where they need to be but having at times stil ...more
Isha Coleman
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Spin the Bottle explores a time when complicated seemed simple and responsibilities were as far off as the horizon. Wylde journeys back to a time of teen angst and young love. Matt and Jax are learning how to navigate emotional entanglements, as they blossom from youth to adulthood. At stake is a friendship neither wants to live without and feelings that each find it hard to explore. It's a nostalgic ride into the past to find a chance at a future. A sweet coming of age tale that banks everythin ...more
Liz
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review to come.
Jody
Fans of unconventional romances will find this a deliciously decadent read that will take you on an occasional emotional roller coaster ride. When a group of eclectic personalities set out to play child’s games they end up dealing with adult emotions and choices in this second installment in the Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall series. From the first page to the last readers will find themselves captivated by this romance full of realistic concerns and angst, along with interactions teeming with sen ...more
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Jax and Matt, boy oh boy did these two characters make my weekend one heck of an enjoyable one.

I read this book in one sitting and it was one of those that sucked you right in and you couldn't seem to take a break from reading because it was just that good. I don't think I encountered a boring moment in this book and I loved it!

Jax and Matt, best friends forever who would tell each other everything and even went as far as seeing each other naked before without any worries or cares in the world.
Georgie
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
This second instalment in this series left me in two minds!
On one hand I am loving the concept of this series!
The characters, throughout both first two books, have depth in spades!

They each have intricate personality traits that set themselves apart from each other and yet they are similar in so many ways.
The struggles are real and the emotions are tangible!

I think, for me, it's more the idea and theme behind the experiments in this one that had me sitting on the fence. I was like a pendulum sw
Sandy Blushing Babes Are Up All Night
**3.50 Blushes**

Jax is a virgin. This girl doesn’t see it as something special - instead it’s something to get rid of with the most qualifies candidate. Resident manwhore, Sebastian Rathbone, will do nicely. Except her best friend, Matt, may have something to say about her plans.

Matt is a jock. He’s also Jax’s oldest friend, her best friend since they were kids. He’s cool with her wanting to lose her virginity. So why is he twisted up kinda jealous all of a sudden over Jax choosing Sebastian in
Sheila Schoenauer
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'll be honest, I have mixed feelings about this book. I really enjoyed it but at the same time I didn't. I think what really stopped me from enjoying the book the most was Jax. We started out this book with her looking at losing her virginity after years of not wanting to lose it because her mom was a teen mom. Once she lost it the book took a different turn. The talks and the exploration wasn't a negative for me as I feel, and understand, that all people should have that time to explore and fi ...more
2kasmom
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: best-friends, rugby
This is book #2, in the Fast Times At Ridgemont Hall series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding of the series and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading in order.

Jax and Matt have been best friends. They are close and tell one another everything. When she tells him she is ready to lose her V card, he loses it. Confesses to her she should choose him. She never thought this was an option and just had not considered this.

Matt is frustrated that Jax has a plan to b
Cassie May
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction
What the *bleep* did I just read?
I expected some standard friends-to-lover romance at the college and I get THIS? A twisted thing that I can’t even find the words to describe! It was glorious! Better than almost any other college-friends-to-lovers romance I have EVER read.
The characters were real. They were not over the top, but real with worries and expectations and fears that I knew from my time at college. They played some questionable games and I do
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I am definitely enjoying the Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall series by Sara Wylde. Spin the Bottle, the second book in the series, was an enjoyable read with great characters and a story that will grab you from the start. Best friends with a lot of history. Do they leave their friendship be or take a chance at more?

Jax wants to get rid of v-card and she has a plan. A very detailed plan with interviews. She wants it to be good, memorable and done with. What she never expected is her best friend’s r
Katie
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spin the Bottle (Fast Times at Ridgemount Hall Book 2)
By Sara Wylde
4 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

I have to admit when I first read the blurb for this book I thought it was going to be your typical friends to lover’s story with characters who are pretty much what I expect and a storyline that’s a little predictable but I was so, so wrong! This was a brilliant read, with a fast paced story line and characters that were well thought out and had a good depth to them. The
Amy Stephens
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I missed the first story in the Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall series, but it's one I've definitely got to go back and read. Sara Wylde's unique approach to this friends to lovers story is one you certainly don't want to miss.

Spin the Bottle was a quick read, but it was just enough for you to fall in love with this cast of characters. Jax and Matt's friendship was a lot deeper than what either of them would admit to. And though the story centers around Jax and her virginity, it made for a sexy kin
Viper Spaulding
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Young love - or maybe just sex - in all its complicated glory!

Jax and Matt are best friends, but Jax doesn't want Matt to be her "first" because she's afraid her hidden feelings for him will get in the way. She chooses another guy - one they both know - and Matt has a problem with her choice due to his own hidden feelings for Jax.

These characters explore sex as a recreational activity more than as an expression of love, which leads to quite a bit of experimentation and unexpected entanglements.
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

An EXTREMELY entertaining, witty, smoking hot romance in Sara Wylde's second Fast times at Ridgemont Hall series! This book was SOOOOO FREAKING GOOD! Funny, sigh-worthy, SEXY AS F***, I fell head over heels for this book!

I loved these characters. They are so well developed and wonderful with spectacular personalities and the story itself is so easy to follow. Once you dive in, you won't want to leave until the very last page and even then, you will crave another
SaraLou
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spin the Bottle by Sara Wylde is the 2nd installment of the Ridgemont Hall series.

Jax and Matt are best friends, they tell each other everything including who is going to be Jax's first. She has made lists and made her choice, Sebastian Rathbone.

Matt doesn't agree with her choice, he doesn't think Sebastian is the guy for her. He would prefer if it was him but that would complicate things, wouldn't it?

I love Jax and Matt's characters. The close friendship they have that could be ruined if they
Sassy Southern
4.5 Stars

This book is all about Jax and Matt and I loved it!! I absolutely love how she went back to before the first book and then included the parts of the first book in their pov. I like how it goes from Matt’s pov to Jax’s pov. And boy oh boy is this one so much hotter, it’s definitely a step up!! I am really digging this series, it’s fun, it’s hot and you get all this games that are twisted into something I would never have dreamed of adding those elements to. It’s like your living your co
Tina Morgan
4.5 Stars

Nicole
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the series & the first book that i've read. i should have read the first book before i found spoilers out but it happens. This is a friends become lovers story about Matt, Jax and throw in Sebastian as well. . Matt & Jax have been friends for what seems like forever but never wanted to risk their friendship, enter games like spin the bottle & truth or dare, then things take a different turn. I liked this story and i look forward to going back to reading the fi ...more
Becky Wise
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute best friends to more read. Jax and Matt are best friends and neither have been willing to cross the line. Sometimes one must jump to see what they are missing. Matt and Jax will navigate their journey to more just like that. Well with a little help of Truth and Dare and Spin the Bottle to seal the deal. I love the dynamics behind Jax and Matt's relationship. When you add Sebastian into the mix get ready for some hotness. This book will keep you glued as the journey from friends to lovers be ...more
michelle Shelly
3.5 Stars

This is the second book in what is really a fun little series. This book actually takes place at the same time as the first and I love that about it.

This is a great friends to lovers story. Matt and Jax have been best friends forever and together they are fun and sexy. But my favorite thing about the book was there is a little man on man action so if you can’t handle that then this is your warning. As for me I loved it!

I am excited to see where this author goes next with this series.
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
4 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I liked this story, and I wish I could say I love it. There where times I just got so sick of the  childish behavior with theses characters. I did like the heart behind this story. Matt and Jax have a very complicated past and my heart broke for them at times. It was good to watch them fall. It was good to see them move past things and allow love to take over.

All in all this is a good story. A little childish for me, but I get it.
Melissa Parnell
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am loving these characters. I am loving the unique storylines and the angst. I am loving how each character is so well developed and yet these stories read so quickly. I am addicted to this series. They are fun and make me laugh. They also make me want to throw my kindle in frustration at times. That is what makes me keep coming back for more. I can't wait for more from this series and from this author!
Jackie Ziegler
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Young adult Young love

Jax and Matt are best friends. When Jax decides to give up her V card Matt is alittle hurt he doesnt want it to be with him . She does pick the popular stud Sebastian to be the one and Sebastian has no issue with doing it for her. When secrets start to come out about sexuality and feelings how far will they all go?

Story of young love, experimenting and finding your true self.

Enjoyed it..
Angel
Shelves: arc, mf
This was a very entertaining read by a new-to-me author. I didn't feel lost by not reading Book 1 first, but I just might go back and read it now. The characters were fun in all their explorations. (Bastian may not be the main character but I thought he was awesome and hope to read more about him.) Very good writing... a good mix of feels and sexy times.

*I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.*
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ok I seriously wasn't expecting the way this story band out. I'm not a huge fan of triangles or more than just two people in a romance or bed but I kept reading. Be park are for both Jax and Matt to have feelings for and be with anothet. Bastion. This was a quick read with lots of surprises and twist the writing was awesome as always and I do thoroughly love the characters it just my preference as what I don t like. But I am glad I read this book.
Debbie Eichler
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet story about two best friends discovering who they are with and without each other. Jax and Matt needed to find out who they were before they could admit that they wanted to be together. This book also explored Jax and Matt's sexual curiosity. This is the first book I have read from Sara Wylde and I would definitely read more from her.
Gladys
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This YA romance offers plenty of angst, emotional turmoil and humor. Matt and Jax have great chemistry as friends and as more than friends. They value their friendship and are not sure they want to risk losing something so important. A sweet, funny and emotional read that will touch your heart.
Danielle Robbins
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spin the Bottle is book two in the series and it's Jax and Matt's story. I liked it. Jax and Matt are best friends discovering who they are and what they want. I liked them but they were both frustrating at times. I did think they had great chemistry. I am hoping that Shae and Bastian get books!
A
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't what Sara wrote. A journey of self-discovery, learning and doubts. This young adult story is well worth a read.
Sara (Saranna) Wylde is the crackfic! contemporary pen name for PNR/UF author Saranna DeWylde. She rather imagines that all the pen names live in the same dorm in her head and frequently have discussions that look and sound something like an episode of Herman's Head.

other profile: