Start by marking “Devil's Den (A Nephilim Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Den (A Nephilim Thriller, #1)

Devil's Den

(A Nephilim Thriller #1)

A former spy with a dark secret and a past he can't outrun. A mysterious cult that steals beautiful teenagers. A looming battle between the forces of light and dark, and the girl who drags them into the middle of it all.

Steven Cabbott sees demons, and has even had to fight a few. Lately, they've taken an interest in him. He suspects it has something to do with his past. Hi
Published November 5th 2018 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Den, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Den

Meenaz Lodhi
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The truth is hard to find, but it’s always worth the effort. But, some truths should remain hidden.”
This has been a great read! My first of Jeff Altabef’s work and I’m glad to have accepted the ARC. The story construction is very plausible, shredded with doubts over the main protagonist, it doesn’t help that he is initially presented as a bit of a suspect character and we're never quite sure how crazy grief has made him. A battle between good and bad faced with his own inner demons, the choice
Kelly
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Devil’s Den, is the first book in a new series. This book is set in the future and is definitely a thriller!
Well-written with great characters. Highly Recoommend!
Alicia Huxtable
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an interesting...yet disturbing story. While it was a great story, well written with believable characters, I hate to think of where the author got an idea like this. But guess what....I'll read book 2 for sure!!
Sherry Fundin
I am a huge fan of Jeff Altabef’s, so when I get a chance to read one of his books, I hop on it. His writing is captivating, making it easy to get lost in the story, and I did.

She ignored her instincts….and the hook is set.

Fantastic. Fear and dread ooze off the pages and I love the sense of danger and despair…with a breath of hope.

Angels and demons.

The end of days…or the Great Struggle, depends on what side of the fence you sit on.

What is Steve’s place in the upcoming war?

He joined the army aft
Maria
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book! I haven't read any others by this author so wasn't sure what to expect, far exceeded any expectations. Read it in less than 24 hours! It was an engaging, fast moving tale, with a few twists and turns along the way to a satisfying conclusion.(of this story, definitely set up for more of the series) Believable characters, intrigue, well told action scenes and the battle of good and evil all play their role in making this a very enjoyable read.
Alice Smith
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steven Cabbot, former Army and spy is fighting with demons. He feels as if they are taking him over. He goes back to his childhood home looking for his mother, not forgetting she killed his father, saying he was a demon. Not locating, her, he fights demons and humans who wish to harm him, until he gets a text from someone from his past. Kate-his childhood crush. The address is close by and after he arrives, he discovers someone has kidnapped Kate's daughter, Megan. Delving into the search for Me ...more
Helen
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a raw glimpse into a future world that is dark and seemingly without hope. But the ties of love and one's word still means something to Steven Cabott. The text read "help", and Steve immediately seeks out his former love, even though it has been sixteen years since they parted. Her daughter is missing.
Thus begins a taut thriller, as Steve struggles with the satanic demons who try to claim him as theirs while battling human demons intent on creating a revolutionary "end of days" and usher
Lynda
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable tale with lots of suspense and action. A tale of a future where the major cities in each State are split by wealth and class. The main character Steven, comes back home looking for his mother, and wishes he never found her. The characters are well developed with just enough detail so you understand them, but not get bored. This fast paced plot will keep you turning pages wondering what will happen next. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Michelle VanDaley
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Devil's Den hooks you from the start and doesn't let go until the very end. The characters are in depth and extremely relatable so you quickly become invested in their story. The paranormal world the author has created is a fresh approach and does not take over the story - there is a perfect blend of paranormal, action, thriller, suspense and romance. Seriously this book has it all!! I am excited to see where the author takes the story in book 2.
Laura Davis
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book
This is the first book in a new series of Nephilim. Who doesn’t love Nephilim. It really showcases the dark and the light, Angels and demons. It is a fast pace, can’t put down read. I was hooked from the start. I cannot wait until the next installment comes out. If you love supernatural thrillers, then this book is for you. Please pick it up you won’t be sorry.
Alina
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For a first-in- series, 'Devil's Den' delivers what every first-in-series should; an entertaining thrill ride that is sure to keep you coming back and wanting more.
This has all the elements in the making of a really good series. I enjoyed all the paranormal, action, mystery, suspense and bada**ery that ensues in every chapter. a must read.
Fiona Andrew
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, what a roller coaster of a book. From page one I was hooked the story was mesmerising I did not want to put the book down and read it in one day. Megan doesn’t trust her gut, gets kidnaped, then life gets complicated. Kate reaches out to Steve who she hasn’t seen for 16 years. Together they are going to rescue Megan. Except their is more to the kidnaping than meets the eye. In a classic good versus evil the Angels fight the Demons. Grab your copy you won’t be disappointed. Highly rec ...more
Joanne Hampton
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To quietly into the night, not so, what an ambitious, commanding and at times overwhelming storytelling! Just when you think things can get any worse, the story floors you. Such great writing, vivid characters and imagination out of this world. Great book!
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Very different, in the best way possible.

Wasn't expecting such a clever interweaving of special ops and the paranormal that results in this page-turner of a book.

Strong, likeable and well drawn characters. The paranormal component just adds to the tautly woven intrigue, suspense and the unfolding mystery. Some really unexpected twists, well handled.

Very much looking forward to seeing where this series goes.

I received an eARC of this book and have no hesitation in writing a review; it's a rip
Debbi Smith
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A futuristic book that has all the twists and turns a good thriller needs. You'll enjoy it.
Jackie
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steven sees demons, this is why they’ve shown an interest in him. A girl who’s in the middle of everything. An intriguing story that has you wishing for more. Another great read by a superb author.
barbara keller
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was heart wrenching , inspiring and loving all in one.
Janeandjerry
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DEVIL'S DEN will make you open your eyes and wonder what is really out there lurking amongst us all... Who is Mother and what are her intentions and who exactly is Father Paul...
Scarolet Ellis
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my honest and unbias opinion of the story. This is one of those books you can't put down till you are finished with it. Jeff Altabef deliverd a very well pace action packe story. I am so glad I read this book I have found another new author to read now YAY. I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves books like this.
Caroline Doig
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and what an amazing story story, this is an exciting paranormal thriller and I absolutely loved it. When Steven was young his mother killed his father saying that he was a demon and Steven thought that his mother was crazy but 16 years later he thinks that it might of been true. The woman he loved all of those years ago that he left behind Kate sent him a message that she needs his help Katie’s daughter has gone missing and she needs him but Steven ...more
Melissa Bean
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's always exciting for me to receive an advanced copy of a Jeff Altabef novel. Unlike many authors who fall in love with a world of their own creation and pump out multiple books with similar plot lines or characters, Jeff Altabef's novels never cease to whisk me away to places I've never been, introducing me to characters who's lives I can't wait explore.

Devil's Den, the first book in the Nephilim Thriller series, finds us in a not too distant future built around intense social injustice. Th
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, paranormal
Steven is a former spy who can see demons. The love of his life, Kate, asks for his help in retrieving her daughter from a mysterious cult that kidnaps teenagers. As Steven gets deeper into this, he finds it is a much larger operation than he imagined.

Will Steven be successful? What of his relationship with Kate? Does Steven himself have demons to confront?

I found this book difficult to get into. It first alternates between a third-person present-tense perspective and Stevens first-person presen
Texas
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Devil's Den - I enjoy reading books by Jeff Altabef. This one, while different from the first book I read by him, is a job well done. The storylines morph like crazy keeping the reader constantly figuring out the new angle, the new twist, the new wrench. A good blend of realism, virtual reality, and demons and angels; don't want to say more without giving something away.

Well written, relatively fast paced and with good descriptions making an interesting, intriguing read complete with suspen
Maria-Anne
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The problem with Jeff Altabef books is that ones you start them you can't put them down.
This is a thrilling read and has a bit of everything. The divisions between the poor and wealthy. Good against evil. Devil again Angel. This is the first book in a new series and I look forward to seeing more about Steve and Kate. I was glad to see the new series is picking up on some of the story lines developed in Fracture Point and Shatter Point. No need to have read those books to enjoy Devil's Den but to
Sue Brooks
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by Jeff Altabef and I can honestly say that I loved it and hope to read more!!!

Steven Cabbott (the main character) is facing a battle between good and bad -- and then throw in his own inner demons. The story starts Steven receiving a text from his old girlfriend saying -- HELP! It turns out that a mysterious cult has kidnapped Kate's teen-aged daughter. I don't write spoilers - SO, I just can't tell you exactly what happens or how it happens without giving
Kanyon
Devil’s Den is dark, gritty and packed full of action. Steven is a unique character, while he struggles with his personal demons and finding himself, he is called into action by his ex-girlfriend whose daughter has gone missing. With lots of cursing and ass-kicking he sets about righting wrongs and tracking down the mysterious kidnappers. He will find this missing case will lead to a good vs evil war, between angels and demons. Where will he stand in it? Great first book! I can’t wait to read mo ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An urban fantasy that is nothing like anything I’ve experienced before. This book is such a twisted cross of amazing things. Modern-day dystopia and Christian mysticism combine in a fundamental battle of Us versus Them. I’m a movie girl so those are the analogies I can best work with. There are the supernatural elements of Constantine, the social and emotional commentary of The Handmaid’s Tale, with even a bit of Spawn thrown in for good measure in the form of the message to be the master of you ...more
B.K. Harrell
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will openly say that this book was quite outside of my normal reads. With that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was pulled into the plot for the beginning and had a hard time putting the book down.

The author produces a storyline that regardless of the setting allows the reader to think about how their lives and the choices they make are similar to the choices the character has to make. Much of the story could have been told in 2018 be 2041.

Jeff is a talented author who brings his
The Mysterious Reader
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jeff Altabef’s Devil's Den: A Gripping Supernatural Thriller (A Nephilim Thriller Book 1) is a wonderfully complex yet thrillingly action packed novel that is full of twists and turns (with at least one that nearly gave me mental whiplash). Added to a great character in Steven Cabbott with a fascinating background and some real questions he needs answers to about himself, and Steven and Kate’s story here is a great one and well worth the read. But for the fact that I’m literally dictating this r ...more
Derek Williams
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What did i enjoy about this book? Pretty much everything. Jeff Altabef's first book in the Nephilim series is definitely a winner. Set in a time not too far from now, a time when the rich and powerful control everything, one man is looking for his mother, runs into an old flame looking for her daughter. That's when the fun starts. If you want to know more, I highly advise reading this book. You will thoroughly enjoy each and every page. Well written with great characters, Devil's Den will keep y ...more
Jeff Altabef lives in New York with his wife, two daughters, and Charlie the dog. He spends time volunteering at the writing center in the local community college. After years of being accused of "telling stories," he thought he would make it official. He writes in both the thriller and young adult genres. Fourteenth Colony, a political thriller, is his debut novel. Jeff has a blog designed to enc ...more