Start by marking “Windswept (The Mapweaver Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Windswept (The Mapweaver Chronicles #1)

Windswept

(The Mapweaver Chronicles #1)

"Somewhere to the north, something terrible was happening. In the same way that he could smell the snow, and the same way he knew when the caravan would arrive, he could feel something in the air. A fire, in some town a day or so away. And there was a hint of fear in the air, the wild panic of a trapped animal before the slaughter."

The wind has always spoken to Fox, but i
Published August 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Windswept, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windswept

Richard Holden
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it on your day off. You won't want to put it down until you're done!

The characters truly came to life. I only put it down when i absolutely had to. And i can't wait for the next book. I like how the magic is woven into everyday things. It's not huge grand things, it just makes life better.
Chelsea
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I've read in a long time, and the first book I'm actually sitting down to write a review for on Goodreads. That's how much I loved this book and want others to enjoy it.

If you enjoy fantasy, this is the book for you. And if you don't... it's still a great book. Magic, adventure, action... It's got everything you could possibly want. Fox is a well developed main character and the rest of the characters, even if only present for a couple of pages, feel so real. You b
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I admit it...I'm biased. ;-)

That being said -- Just because I'm biased doesn't mean I'm not right! This book is truly good! Windswept had me from page one. The writing is fluid, the characters are easy to get caught up in, the society is charming, the Shavid...well, I'm pretty sure I myself was meant to be a Shavid, just sayin'.

Great dialogue, good plotline, there is great build-up for a truly enticing series.

Congratulations to Kaitlin for a fabulous debut novel, and let's get ready for th
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book! I immediately fell in love with Fox. The writing gives perfect description to bring this world and it’s inhabitants to life! I felt like a Shavid reading the story, because I was seeing it in my mind like I was there. I couldn’t put it down. I really can’t wait to continue Fox’s story! A great read for any age!
Rachel Raisor
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd been feeling disillusioned by books lately and this was exactly what I needed! Very well written and hard to put down! Excellent work! Well worth spending money on. Can't wait for the next book!
İrem Sessiz
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Found the book when the author posted the cover art in Reddit. Really enjoyed it!
AE
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hidden gem of a book!

Many books are driven by the stories of characters with the magic as a catalyst for key events to happen. This book however is driven much by the magic itself with the lives of the characters a backdrop to the discovery of all that the magic can do. And that is a good thing!

I love the different characters and how their stories unfolded. Each had a different pace and a different telling and that is magic weaved into the pages.

The book was well-paced and an easy read. Perfe
Adele
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I heard about this book on Reddit and upon hearing Orson Scott Card is the author's mentor, I gave it a shot. I had a blast reading this book! The author really spins the tale well and I love the cities she creates, especially Doff. The story had twists and turns that felt original and unlike other fantasy books. It's a young adult book, so the reading was quick and easy. A lot of complex relationships between Fox and almost everyone he encounters, which felt very real and lifelike. I already pr ...more
David Solove
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful novel. An engaging story in a fully realized world with well-rounded, likeable characters. Beautifully written and an absolute delight to read.
Pudgy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, favorites
Found the next books cover on reddit. Gave this a shot and read it in 2 sittings. The writing was captivating. Can't wait for the next one.
David Drew
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It started off a bit slow and it felt fairly trope-y. But by the end I was more than ready to jump into the second book. Only 3 weeks to go!

An excellent debut novel!
Kaitlin Ugolik
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A truly unique fantasy story with endearing characters. The story moves quickly and I wasn’t quite ready for it to be over - can’t wait for the next in the series!
Alex Roma
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This definitely reads like a first book in a series, so it's a little slower paced than you might think of in terms of fantasy novels, but it makes up for it with beloved characters and a world that you can't help but want to play in. And there are plenty of adventures to be had: from a group of traveling, magical performers called the Shavid, a mischievous pirate god, and the chilling Beneath. It's a great debut with hopefully more adventures to come soon.
C.D. Tavenor
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've seen "Windswept" pop up in a variety of places over the past few months, whether on Reddit or Twitter. When I picked up Kindle Unlimited, I decided to give it a chance. And I made the right choice.

Windswept is not a perfect novel, nor is it a novel that I would list as one of the all time greats. But from the moment I started reading it, I continuously turned back to the story on my phone (my e-book reader of choice), whether on the bus, in bed, or even in the shower.

Eric
Jan 31, 2019
Sia
Oct 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Kaitlin Bellamy has always been a storyteller. She grew up in Greensboro, North Carolina, where she discovered a passion for the stage, and spent her youth performing in a church community theatre ensemble. From there, she moved to Buena Vista, Virginia, to study Shakespeare and Musical Theatre at Southern Virginia University. Through a series of lifechanging events, Kaitlin then found herself in ...more

The Mapweaver Chronicles (2 books)
  • Inkspice (The Mapweaver Chronicles #2)