Start by marking “A Few Pecans Short of a Pie (Southern Eclectic, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
A Few Pecans Short of a Pie (Southern Eclectic, #2.5)

A Few Pecans Short of a Pie

(Southern Eclectic #2.5)

Sexy school principal Kyle faces the biggest challenge of his career: getting his (pregnant) event planner girlfriend Margot down the aisle before the baby arrives!

Published February 4th 2019 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about A Few Pecans Short of a Pie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Few Pecans Short of a Pie

Ian
This really was a lot of fun.
It's a laugh out loud funny contemporary romance set in a (dare I say it) countrified town in Georgia.
Saly
Very short novella about pregnant Margot! I felt the book was basically plugging in the next book and showing us the lay of the land.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
I really enjoyed this follow up to the courtship and romance of Margot and Kyle - the main couple from the first book, Sweet Tea and Sympathy. Told from Margot’s POV, we see how she’s faired since settling into her life with her family in Lake Sackett, Georgia. Several months pregnant and trying to plan her wedding, Margot learns what it’s like to be the focus of a large, southern family’s expectations. She’s got aunts who want to mother her, Kyle’s two girls who come with their own worries and ...more
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
A laugh out loud short trip back to Lake Sackett as Margot and Kyle attempt to plan the wedding they want with plenty of unwanted and unneeded advice from family, friends, and the occasional local.
Valerie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gimme Some Pie!

This novella was a perfect little continuation of Margot and Kyle’s story! It let some of the unresolved tendrils from Sweet Tea and Sympathy find natural feeling resolutions. I loved the development of Margot’s relationship with the girls and with the McCready clan in general. And the little glimpses of what we can hope to see in Duffy and Lucy’s book have me all primed for *Gimme Some Sugar*!
Nice novella about the stress of planning a wedding within the McCready family and a bridge story into the next full length novel, Gimme Some Sugar.
Zel Polev
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darcy
These books make me laugh because of the crazy McCready Family. If I was Margot I would have made the same choice she and Kyle did in the end. It was right for them.

I really loved the quiet moments with Margot and the girls, especially the older one. She brought up some good issues and Margot did a great job making sure she felt better about things.
Sandy S
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars—

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 4, 2019

Readers first fell in love with big city event planner Margot in the first Southern Eclectic novel, Sweet Tea and Sympathy, as she discovered a long-lost branch of her family—the McCreadys, of McCready's Bait Shop & Funeral Home. To Margot’s surprise, she's taken a liking to li
Beth
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i love this series ... such a great great great series ... love the characters ...each one i have listen to ... so glad i do or did. they are so awesome ... i want everyone to read/listen to this series ... i saw this came out and added it to my audiobook collection. i wish i could pick a character i love ... i mean how can you only pick one?? this series is genius!! so good. like usually u can at least pick a fave ...but each of these books u will fall in love, or just enjoy every single second ...more
Jean
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute “check-in” novella that sets up the next book in the series nicely. I enjoyed getting to peek in on Kyle and Margot and the girls, and I was intrigued by Lucy and Duffy and ready to read the next one!
Margaret
I read this after Gimme Some Sugar, which was fine since the timelines overlap.
Amy
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! The audiobooks are excellent.
Up All Night Book Addict
It was nice to revisit Margot and Kyle. I enjoyed their story in the beginning of this series. To see them making their family a family was a great treat.

This book definitely definitely has its funny parts and its sweet parts. The McCready family alone is one of my favorite fictional families.

The downfall to this book is that there is too much filler, trying to give us backstory we already had in the previous books. Even if this is read as a standalone, the repeat of parts of backstory seemed p
Carol
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
10 word summary: Morning sickness is just one obstacle to Margot's wedding planning.

#nococonut #onlypecanpie #saynotothedress

🦔🦔🦔 I'm glad I read it, but it's not gonna fire everybody's cracker.
Viviana Izzo
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-audiobooks
LOVED IT!!!

Love it when authors give readers more! This novella is just that! More of Margot, the McCready clan and overall goodness that is THE SOUTHERN ECLECTIC Series!!

There are lots of laughs and moments of sweetness. Just plan fun overall!

This is a great continuation of Margot's & Kyle's story and a fantastic glimpse of the next book where Duffy is the hero!! Woohooo!
Vero
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Me encanta como escribe Molly Harper, pero no creo que esta historia haya sumado nada importante.
Fly Girl Wickedcoolflight blogger
To see the whole review:https://wickedcoolflight.net/2019/03/...

It has been so long since Molly Harper released her last book in the Southern Eclectic series so when I saw this one finally come up, I jumped on it. A Few Pecans Short of a Pie is book 5 in the series and it is so cute. A great extension of Kyle and Margo’s story. She brings the laughs in this one just as we expect, but a softness comes with Margo’s pregnancy and we also get to see her relationship build between her and the women o
Trudy Dowling
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Southern Eclectic Series. The premise and characters are just so unique, so special. It has a whole lot of kwerky added for good measure. This novella is the icing on the cake as it introduces us to the upcoming story Gimme Some Sugar. It is the whipped cream on pie because it is so sweet. It is the bite of a hard pecan as poor Margot deals with the challenges of trying to make everyone happy, forgetting that the bride's happiness is just as important.

If you are wondering who Margot
Berls
I continue to really enjoy this series from Molly Harper (what have I not enjoyed of hers?!?).

It was fun coming back to the original couple, further down the road in their relationship. I think it was also particularly fun for me to read about a pregnant heroine while also being pregnant. She's having a harder go of it than I am though lol ;)

I like seeing the developing relationship between Margot and Kyle's girls and the complications of stepping into a step-mom position when their m
Claire Mc Partlin
This was a short story in this very enjoyable series, read by the wonderful Amanda Ronconi.

In this book pregnant Margo is trying to organise her and Kyle's wedding, but having to cope with family input about who to invite, what wedding dress to wear, etc. etc. - the normal wedding stresses! It all becomes a bit much for the pregnant and very hormonal Margo, and I don't blame her.

I have enjoyed all this series so far, and this was no exception. The only trouble with shorter stories is you want mo
Donna
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Few Pecans Short of a Pie is a hilarious addition to the tales of the McCready clan. Wedding planning is stressful as event planner Margot very well knows but it is even more stressful for her as she is very pregnant and doesn’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings. She is not used to the southern exuberance for interfering. Thank goodness for her cousins Frankie and Marianne or she would be getting married in the funeral home wearing yards of lace and ruffles. But it is all done with good intentio ...more
Kym
Setting: Lake Sackett, GA Contemporary
Genre: Rom-com
Margo and Kyle, the h/H of Sweet Tea and Sympathy, are making wedding plans. Complicated by morning sickness and the interference of McCready family members and random strangers from the grocery store.
This is a well-written though not spectacular novella populated by the characters of the series. It is more of an extended epilogue than a story and really not worth a full audible credit.
Amanda Ronconi provides her usual performance. She differe
Kelly at
NUMBER OF HEARTS: 5
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

I love when we get to go back and revisit characters and see how they are doing. A Few Pecans Short of a Pie gives us a update on how Kyle, Margot (bk 1 Sweet Tea and Sympathy) and the girls are all doing.
How Margot is dealing with small town politics about small town weddings, being pregnant, a step mom to two little girls. Of course Kyle is there with her ever step of the way being the amazingly sweet soon to be husband and
Becky
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, novella
Absolutely adorable!

I read these slightly out of order, so I already knew what the end result of Margot's painful wedding planning experience was going to be, but it was so much fun to see things from her POV and witness each and every minute of it--including the wedding! Between the many, many LOL moments are sweet ones between Margot and Kyle, difficult ones with Kyle's dead wife's parents, and touching ones with the girls. I loved seeing another glimpse into Kyle and Margot's story, and visit
Bernadette Long
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Margot reconnects with her Southern roots.

Margot Cary is engaged to a great man, Kyle Archer, and wants to marry him and live a great life with his two young daughters and the baby they are expecting. She has planned many great events and parties but none of that compares to planning a wedding that will please everyone in her life.
I love the way that she and Kyle solve the dilemma!
Deborah
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that make you smile throughout. The pregnancy and cravings on top of planning a wedding to cater to the wishes of family and community can be quite stressful. I admired the couple's efforts, however, I wondered when they were going to make the wedding their own. I was happy with the results. I would have loved to experience the reception. Perhaps I will experience it in the next installment.
Melindeeloo
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fine little after the HEA short - actually on the way to the HEA. Nothing too earth shattering, but then again this series is normally one I listen to on audible, and just reading it instead of listening to the wacky goodness that is the normal reader for the series, didn't have the same zip.
Debbie
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Molly’s works are always good

I’ve never been disappointed with anything from Molly Harper. This is a short funny little story. I’m grading down because there is too much backstory that become useless filler.
Llaph
Cute lead up to the next full length book. I like how she broke it up for this series. It gives a broader view of everyone involved, not just the main characters. That and the character of the secondary characters and the town.
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #5)
  • Watcher in the Woods (Rockton, #4)
  • The Place on Dalhousie
  • You've Got Male (Chick Flick Club Book 2)
  • Untitled (Rokesbys #4)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot and Hammered #1)
  • Pirate Dave and his Randy Adventures (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #1.5)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • Siren's Song (Dorina Basarab #4.6)
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor

Southern Eclectic (3 books)
  • Sweet Tea and Sympathy (Southern Eclectic, #1)
  • Ain't She a Peach? (Southern Eclectic, #2)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)