Start by marking “For the Love of the Lady (The Noble Hearts Series Book 4)” as Want to Read:
For the Love of the Lady (The Noble Hearts Series Book 4)

For the Love of the Lady

(The Noble Hearts Series #4)

Lord Henry Pomeroy’s three daughters are finally married and happily settled in their own homes. He’s looking forward to grandbabies and the company of Lady Crampton, the woman who acted as chaperone and companion to his daughters the past four years—and stole his heart in the meantime. Except she is moving out of his house!

Lady Selina Crampton has fallen hopelessly in
Published September 17th 2018 by Glass Half Full Publishing (first published September 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of the Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of the Lady

Start your review of For the Love of the Lady (The Noble Hearts Series Book 4)
Vintage
This sweet, romantic and slightly silly bit of froth channels the lighter side of Oscar Wilde as in An Ideal Husband or The Importance of Being Earnest.

Comedy of manners with the hero and heroine are a little older than the standard fare. Both are widowed and have been having an affair over the past few years as the heroine has acted as governess/companion to two of the hero's three daughters. An amusing line runs through the story that the hero is inundated with females in his house as the
Isha Coleman
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
For the Love of the Lady (The Noble Hearts Series Book 4) by Callie Hutton

It's been fun watching Selina and Henry tap dance around their feelings. The attraction has always been an obvious one. Now it's time to explore where their hearts can take them. For the Love of the Lady is a hint at goodbye and a glance at a new beginning. Hutton has drawn up an alluring tale of love that could be precious, if the prospective groom can convince his unwilling bride to risk her heart on him. I'm sad to
Sieravonne

This novel is a page-turner, I was able to finish it in one lying. However, there were aplenty of things that made me give that rating:

1. Redundancy & Idiocity
- Chapter 2: A chaperone for the chaperone, seems too excessive, don't you think? And a waste of money, too, in my opinion. And here I thought that the reason why Henry, Lord Pomeroy, wanted his daughters to get married because he wanted to be free of the mountain of bills his daughters made. To be honest, I find this logic
Lori Meehan
Entertaining story. A lovely ending. 4 ...more
Emily Pennington
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Lord Henry Pomeroy sat in his library enjoying a glass of brandy and a good book. With his youngest daughter getting married, things had been hectic but now he could relax. The only thing missing was Lady Selina Crampton, his daughters’ chaperone and companion before they married. She always sat in the library with him, working on her sewing while he read his favorite passages from the book to her. Where was she? When she finally joined him, she handed him her letter of resignation and told her ...more
Tina Ullrich
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maria Dariotis
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Selina Crampton’s job is finished, her job well done and all three daughters of Lord Henry Pomeroys are settled with their new husbands. She has to see to her daughters future. Unfortunately for her life is to be a lonely one. Her deceased husband torments her from the grave with the stipulation of his will - states that if she marries her daughters gets nothing.

Henry is her best friend/lover and the only man she’s loved, but staying in his home isn’t an option. Even though she’s refused
Peggy
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Now that Lord Henry Pomeroy’s three daughters are all happily married, he wants to marry their chaperone Lady Selina Crampton. Even though they have lived in the same house, come to know each, and fallen in love, Selina tells him she can’t marry him – yet. It seems that her despicable husband left money for their daughters, only if she didn’t remarry before they found husbands. The solicitors say there is no way to break the condition, there are some ugly rumors about why Selina has left Henry’s ...more
Debbie Glenn Brown
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Selina Crampton job is finished she’s seen all of Lord Henry Pomeroy’s three daughters are finally married and happily settled in their own homes. It’s now time for her to move out of his home, but Henry doesn’t want Salina to move he wants her to marry him. She’s been his companion, friend and lover and marriage is not possible and it’s time to tell him why she has refused his numerous offers of marriage. Selina loves Henry, but can't risk her daughter future by being selfish and marry ...more
Pat Bettinger
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Quick and easy read. Two people who should be together find a way for it to happen.
Both widowers with grown and almost grown children. Henry is a wonderful hero and will not give up on the happiness he has found with Selina who had been governess to his daughters until the last daughter got married. She immediately gives notice to Henry and moves out to maintain a good reputation for herself and her two 16 year old twins who will have their come-out the next year.
She can not
Cheryl
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A refreshingly delightful read. Henry, Lord Pomeroy, was like a teenage boy in love for the first time. He made me smile, chuckle and eventually laugh out loud. Lady Selina Crampton was hired by Henry to be a companion and chaperone to his two younger daughters. Selina was widowed and was still being controlled by her despicable husband from the grave.

I loved Callie's writing style and how she slowly developed her characters so well they became dear to me. I absolutely hate how women were
Lisa  Montgomery
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would give the book a 4.3 if the rating scale would permit it.
This is the first book from Ms. Hutton that I have read. I enjoyed her style and nice mix of playfulness between the characters and the drama of the conniving cousin.
I, especially, enjoyed Henry's character. His characterization reminded me of the father in "Cheaper by the Dozen."
I was thrown off in the beginning by Ms. Hutton using three points of view, for I feared there were be multiple ones of which to keep track. I think I
Isabella
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally a romance for a riper couple. It definitely lacks the butterflies in the heroine's stomach and the hero has his limits (after one "shot" his performance for the evening is usually over), but it felt real and consistent with the couple's background.

I did miss some build up of this romance though. We are presented this love as a fait comply sometime in the background of the previous books where our protagonists were very good at being discreet, and the whole plot revolves around the
Vania Nunes
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A different story... thank God.
Here the couple is older and more experienced.

Lord Henry Pomeroy has 3 adult daughters. Hired a chaperone, Lady Selina Crampton, to take care of the three girls during the Season, over the last 4 years.
Now the three girls are married. Of course, Lady Selina would be excused from her services, right?

Well, the problem is that over the years, Lord Pomeroy fell in love with the chaperone and wants to make her his wife. It turns out that Selina is reluctant to accept
Nicole Normand
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author; this is my honest review.
-Hutton's stories are usually funny, lightly written, and with an unexpected twist at the end. This one did not disappoint.
-I haven't read the first three books and I wasn't confused but some missing pieces.
-While reading you can see where the story is going - except for the end - but the pace is good, the descriptions are abundant and the language easy.
-I love the part when the five daughters go against their parents and make them
Jill
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a well written and enjoyable story revolving around Selina who has been the chaperone to Lord Pomeroy’s two daughters as they make their debut. Now they are married and she prepares to leave his home with her own two daughters. Pomeroy has proposed numerous times, she has refused and now she explains why. She can’t marry him right now. To keep from telling any more of the story, at the end there is a happy ending and a new addition to the family. This is a good, clean romance appropriate ...more
Cissie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Callie Hutton's writing style and enjoyed this regency series. Lord Pomeroy's daughters have all been married off and now it's his turn to get hitched. Only, his chosen bride is not as agreeable to the marriage as he might have hoped.

This has been a wonderful series and I hope there are more to come. I am not a big regency fan but Callie writes so well that I read everything she writes. I don't feel hopelessly lost in the nobility when I read these stories. I can't wait to see
Dianne Lowe
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written story of Henry, Lord Pomeroy and Selina, Lady Crampton. Since Henry's daughters are all married, Selina feels she and her daughters must leave Henry's home. Though Henry and Selina love each other, Selina cannot marry him because of her late husband's will. Then the new Lord Crampton comes back to London needing money. He tries several schemes to gain control of the girls' money from slander to kidnapping. Can Selina and Henry find a way to marry
Vickie Raynor
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Henry was superb in this story. I loved having a leading man that was a wonderful step father. Regency is one of my favorite reads. This one had so much humor that I found myself laughing out loud on several occasions. There was thrilling drama and, of course, a romance that had me hooked. Callie Hutton does it again! Book gifted to me.
Melanie Atchley Robb
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warm, funny, delightful characters.

Lord Pomeroy and Lady Crampton are a charming couple and perfect for each other. This story has all the elements that I enjoy when I read historical romance novels. Ms. Hutton's stories have never disappointed me. I even sort of liked the "antagonist ".
Pooja Ajmera
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my Goodness!

These are the exact words I can tell after reading the book! It's witty, romantic and dramatic! Full of full! You will fall in love with Henry - oh god he is such a sweet man! I loved this book the most of 4! Superbly written and keeps you damn on edge! Nice book!!!
Kathy Bunbury
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely romance with mature characters

I love a romance with a slightly older couple, and these two are delightful! This is a lovely story about family, especially a blended one. Of course there had to be the prerequisite black sheep that acts the villain.
Jennifer D Green
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Noble Hearts

I love every book in the Noble Hearts series. They are sweet, funny and entertaining stories that are so well written you want to read from book one to the end of the series without stopping.
Kety
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this story with funny moments and characters.
It will entrainment you until the end. For me, it was difficult to come back to the reality. I like it very much!
I recommend this book to all.
Donna Scoggins
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Proper Ladies

Raising her daughters, helping with his daughters, and living with a troublesome will are all part of Selina's daily life. Henry is the other big part of it!
Evonne Hutton
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It made me smile and laugh! But it also made me angry!
A good story line with outstanding characters
Patricia Perez
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Great read the book was so worth it. The laughter and love makes you want it to go on and on. A definite must read.Get your copy today
Kirsten
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
This time it is Lord Pomeroy’s turn to fall in love with Lady Selina, but she cant marry due to her late husband’s will. This book is the liveliest and funniest yet.
Sandra R
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Nicely written. Fun in places - loved the ending. ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Page Count 2 216 Sep 21, 2018 06:05PM

• Earl of Hearts (The Farthingale Series Book 6)
  • The Duke of Ice (The Untouchables, #7)
  • Lord of Vice (Rogues to Riches, #6)
  • When the Earl was Wicked (Forever Yours #5)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • Misadventures with the Duke (Forever Yours #4)
  • The Duke of Desire (The 1797 Club, #9)
  • The Last Duke (The 1797 Club #10)
  • Marquess of Mayhem (Sins & Scoundrels #3)
  • Mending the Duke (Smithfield Market Regency Romance #3)
  • Forsaking Hope (Fair Cyprians of London, #2)
  • The Duke of Distraction (The Untouchables, #12)
  • One Night to Remember (Wicked Dukes Club #5)
  • The Dashing Widow (Regency Romps, #1)
  • The Return of Lady Jane (The Scandal Sheet, #1)
  • The Blind Duke: Sinners Club Book I
  • One Night of Surrender (Wicked Dukes Club #2)
  • The Duke of Kisses (The Untouchables, #11)

Callie Hutton, USA Today bestselling author of The Elusive Wife, writes both Western Historical and Regency romance, with “historic elements and sensory details” (The Romance Reviews). She has also recently delved into the word of the cozy mystery with her upcoming release (May 2020) of A Study in Murder from Crooked Lane Publishing.

She lives in Oklahoma with several rescue dogs and her top

The Noble Hearts Series (6 books)
  • For the Love of the Viscount (The Noble Hearts Series #1)
  • For the Love of the Marquess (The Noble Hearts Series, #2)
  • For the Love of the Baron (The Noble Hearts Series Book 3)
  • For the Love of the Duke (The Noble Hearts #5)
  • For the Love of the Gentleman (The Noble Hearts Series Book 6)