Start by marking “The Secret She Kept” as Want to Read:
The Secret She Kept

The Secret She Kept

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
She never ever thought Jake Barnes would know the truth. When he left town without any warning, Savannah couldn't tell him she was pregnant. He didn't give her the chance. So now--years later--because he's back and finds out he has a child, suddenly she's the villain.... How is that fair? Savannah Salinger raised her daughter and knows what's best for her own kid. But she ...more
Published January 13th 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Secret She Kept, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret She Kept

Heathy
May 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
I read this book because it came in a collection I bought online. I should've known the book would be a huge disappointment when the back cover said something like, "She didn't tell him about the baby and now SHE'S the villain? How is that fair?"

I disliked the heroine from the beginning. It's not like the guy was a drug dealer or murderer. He wasn't a saint, but he wasn't so bad that he should be kept in the dark about his child.

Contemporary romance just isn't my thing, I guess. The heroines are
TheAgileReader
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-like
Don't pick this up if you don't enjoy women acting like men don't matter enough to tell them about their own child. I should learn from my mistakes, but I keep hoping...sigh...Story was mediocre and I didn't warm up to the heroine.
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Started slow but got better towards the end
Amanda Sheila
My first Amy Knupp. I have few of her books on my ereader but I never had a chance to read them until now. And so far, I liked it.

Though, there are times when I don't really like Jake at all. He's a bit, vindictive towards Savannah while he knew that she couldn't help to do what she did. I don't really feel the chemistry between them, and even though I enjoyed their story, I wish the romance could be more subtle.

But overall I liked the book. Look forward to read more from Amy Knupp!
Sally
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, read-2012
The Secret She Kept is a cute story about rekindled teenage love and forgiveness. Amy Knupp creates easily likeable characters that the reader can instantly care and want to know more about. This is a quick enjoyable read that has enough substance to keep the reader going, even though the outcome is going to be pretty conclusive.
Roub
Dec 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
this was boring! i also did not feel they were in love. they had nthg in common apart from dat one-night stand. i can't fault jake as they were not in a relationship when he left and she clearly rejected him the morning after. he was not good enough for her. i thought savannah shud have told the parents and let them search for jake.
Yona
Jan 04, 2013 marked it as couldn-t-finish
I couldn't finish this one. I read the first 7 chapters and the last one. I just couldn't stand Savannah. I don't have any idea how anyone can stand her. Poor poor Jack, I don't know what he sees in her at all.
Denise
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
I guess they all can't be hits! The story held/hold promise, but usually I want to just read these in a day. I had no problems putting it down. The plot which I have rad others like usually hold my attention, and it did, it was the characters who didn't hold me to the plot.
Andrea
Sep 13, 2010 rated it liked it
This was pretty good but for goodness sakes it's common sense you tell a guy your preg with his baby just to cut out all the heartache for the child later on. That was the worst drama in this book and I felt like saying look here stupids its done now move on.
Wendy
Feb 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
What a great story! I highly recommend this story to everyone.
Alisha
Nov 28, 2014
Gigi
May 21, 2013

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Amy Knupp is the author of contemporary romance, a freelance copy editor for Blue Otter Editing, a freelance technical writer, and a marketing consultant for a local start-up company. She loves words and grammar and meaty, engrossing stories with complex characters.

Amy lives in Wisconsin with her husband, two teenage sons, four cats, and two box turtles. She graduated from the University of Kansas
More about Amy Knupp...