Start by marking “Toil & Trouble (Mystic Hallows Harem)” as Want to Read:
Toil & Trouble (Mystic Hallows Harem)

Toil & Trouble

(Mystic Hallows Harem #2)

A ghoul who craves zombie flesh. A sensitive vampire who cries black blood. A lying werewolf my ancestors adore.

And oh yeah, the witch hunter who hates me. Four unlikely heroes sworn to protect the powerful Salem Howe lineage from evil and help prevent the next uprising.

But, what happens if I need to save myself from the four devilishly handsome men? It's par for the cour
Published January 2nd 2019 by Dark Arrow Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Toil & Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toil & Trouble

Dianne
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki Landis set the bar high with book one, could she possibly top the tension, the attitude and the colorful story telling? The answer is YES! TOIL AND TROUBLE has that same edgy, contemporary feel and the heat has definitely gone up several degrees as Cassie finds herself drawn in more ways than one to each of her protectors!

It’s Samhain and the veil between worlds has thinned while evil sits just waiting to leak through. Can Cassie put an end to the impending doom without losing her own life
Somia
Mar 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
So, this was not what I was hoping for at all. I’m going to go against the grain, since the majority of reviews have been really good, but for me this second book didn't draw me in, in anyway.

The sex scenes at about 19% had me wrinkling my nose and thinking no, they just didn’t work. I didn’t feel the chemistry between Cassie and her men/protectors (Damien, Gabriel and Ryder), there was no substance to the relationships/bonds.

Also, I really disliked the fact the author had (view spoiler)
Stacy Curtice
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow

I thought I was hooked after reading the first book in this series but after this one I’m on for the long haul. I can’t wait for book 3!!
Amanda M
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another fantastic awesome read that continues where the first story left off. I love how Cassie and her Cosan interact with each other. They each bring something to the table that is different from the other. They all work well together fighting evil. This group of characters are well written and have plenty of problems that they work through making this an interesting read. As the storyline builds so does the suspense. This story has plenty of action that won't disappoint. I'm looking ...more
Lisa
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book continued on from where the last book ended. Had a few unanswered questions left from the last book resolved. Cassie and her men are strong together and they will protect her from evil. They slow developing romantic relationship between Cassie and her men was exciting to read about and I cant wait to get more juicy details as to where this relationship will go. Tons of drama, conflict and twists and turns to make this book interesting. Cant wait for the next installment!!

I received a f
Tre Talbot
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m dying for more episodes! Cassie is a woman that will never give up and fight till the bitter end. Her Cosan are exactly who I’d love to have as my own and we even see a new side to Kayde. Each of these men bring something to the table and the same goes for their personalities, Ryder is still making me chuckle and Gabe still has my heart. This is a great non stop page turner. If you’re into PNR reads and reverse harems, you NEED to get on this series.
Monica
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Things are heating up now. Nikki has so much happen in this next book. Cassie gets closer with her men including Kayde. We finally find out why Kayde is being a jerk. We also find out who the bad guy is and we meet someone else we didn't know about. That person puts another twist in this story. I am really enjoying these books and how each ones adds on from the last.

*I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.*
The Redhead
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Toil and Trouble starts off where book 2 left off. I really liked how she gave a recap of Black Magic (bk 1)before diving into book 2. I've read Black Magic but the refresher was like when you watch TV and the say....last week on.... and show what happened in the previous episode.

I want to be Cassie. We will right start there. Having 4 men who want to protect and do naughty things to her bring a different level to the party. Each of the men selected to keep Cassie safe are amazing. Each paranor
Anne Dwyer
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassie is a witch who is facing a battle with Roman English - a banished evil witch. She is aided by a ghoul, a vampire, a Lycan - and a witch hunter, they must travel to the Fade to defeat the thrall - what can possibly go wrong? Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book!

Stella
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Episode two in the series continues smoothly from the previous book.
Toil and Trouble by a creative and imaginative Author, sees a world that is full of Magic, Monsters and Mayhem.
Mystic Hallows is home to thirteen witch covens. These covens keep the veil between the worlds of the living and the dead closed.
The book is very well written, the plot is unique and interesting with danger, suspense, thrills, mystery and romance.
The well thought out vivid and believable characters, each with their own
Debbie Eyre
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fab book 2 in this slow burn reverse harem. Mystic Hollow filled with witches, magic, monsters, vampires, ghouls and a badass female mc. A great storyline that is fraught with danger, mystery, secrets and romance, this is a great second book and I am holding my breathe for book 3!

Susan Angela Wallace
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Toil and trouble book 2 by Nikki Landis.
This was an absolutely fantastic read with great characters. Love nikki's books. I love the cover too. 5*.
Tanya
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The veil is thin during Halloween and she has to stop evil crossing it and taking over the town. If that is bad enough she has four males in her life which causes problems of their own. Can she keep the town safe? See how she gets on

J.B. Trepagnier
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a short, fast read, but action packed. We finally see some harem action in the bedroom and learn a little more about the rogue witch from the first book. The harem in the book plays well off each other with their various gifts and the different bondings were done well, even if one of them went a little wrong. It did end on a bit of a cliff hanger, but book 3 is anticipated for March according to the end of the book.

I'm looking forwards to seeing where this series goes
Rhonda Hicks
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart is still racing with this one! The plot continues to twist and turn, bringing more pieces in, filling gaps that were left from book one "Black Magic Voodoo". Secrets are revealed about the witch hunter that has arrived bringing more questions. Nikki Landis has once again created a world that is so compelling you can't put it down until it's finished. Oh, did I say finished? Yeah, she is a master author …. She's left us with a monumental cliffhanger this time. I'm thrilled with this stor ...more
Michelle
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up right where the first book left off.
Things heat up for Cassie as the mystery of the rogue witch begins to be revealed. The plot continues to thicken, but I don’t want to spoil any of this amazing story, so I strongly encourage you to read it.
The Cosan is such an interesting mix, and I look forward to learning more about each member as Cassie’s story continues.
Gina Burkart
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a plot twisted read that will have you feeling the heart ponding throughout this book as it has left off from the last book. This is a fast pace read that will have you mind going in to over drive.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cassie and her men delve deeper into their quest to find the Thrall and also save her lineage. The heat was hotter in this second episode, as more information is revealed. We now know who is wishing Cassie harm, and some surprising twists made this so thrilling. But Cassie's troubles are far from over...and I'm dying to see what the next book brings!
Julie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cassie is a witch descended from the original 13 Salem witches, and is incredibly powerful. She also has a Cosan consisting of a werewolf, a vampire, a ghoul and a witch hunter, all of whom are powerful and insanely drawn to her. In this episode, Cassie is attacked by the Thrall, fights the damned and finds out secrets about her men. The action and the heat are off the charts.
Michelle
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Toil and Trouble is the second installment of the Mystic Hallows Harem. Cassie and the guys are back and Kayde a witch hunter has joined them. I like how this book starts where the first book left off and we get a small recap to remind us of what is going on in the story. The characters are interesting and the story ends in a cliffhanger that left me wanting installment number three. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Caroline Doig
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the Mystic Hallows Harem series and I absolutely loved it, it’s action packed with a fantastic storyline and with all of these different characters a vampire, a werewolf, a ghoul and a witch hunter Cassie definitely has her hands full with that lot. I loved this story but I’m not going to give any spoilers this book is just too good and I can’t wait to get my hands on book 3, this is an amazing story and I can’t say enough good things about this story. I highly recommend this b ...more
D.J. Doyle
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love a mix of romance, erotica, and dark fantasy? Then this is for you...

A continuation of the Mystic Hallows tale and this one doesn't hold back. Oh, Nikki, you kinky little thing you!! You have taken it up a notch, from blue balls and added multiple balls for this character Cassie to play with lol. There are so many different types of supernatural guys ready to fight and die to protect the woman they love... you may think 'cliché' but Nikki can easily keep an audience captivated with her writi
Kathryn
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Winchesters and Van Helsings who could ask for more???

This is a fun continuance of Mystic Hallows Harem series while continuing the story of the banished, the thirteen covens and Cassie's harem.

I loved that there was a brief summary of the last installment and the mentions of incidents that happened in the past.

The way the time was organized/kept was great and easy to follow.

I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased , honest review.
Jennifer Ehninger
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassie ends up in the Ether and loses a piece of her soul. Her cosan of guys must go with her to retrieve it. A great continuation of this series. Cassie is a witch whose family is one of the original Salem witches. She needs to work with her guys to protect everyone. A quick and fun read. I will be anxiously waiting for the next book.

Joann
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

No spoilers of any kind included except this and that is there is a wicked cliffy waiting.
But other than that I absolutely loved this book and I definitely can’t wait until the next book in this series is here.
Nikki Landis knows how to keep her readers hooked and wanting more of her work, because I am wanting and needing more as always!
So yes it is a big HECK YEAH I most definitely do recommend this book to anyone who’s searching for a fantastic story to get completely lost within.
But fair wa
Lynn Stifle
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic second installment to Mystic Hallows Harem #2. Cassie is in danger as the rogue witch has returned, but she still has her Cosan - Gabriel, Damien, and Ryder and Kayde, the witch hunter has joined them. The story is well developed, action packed, and the characters have chemistry and passion, that make story impossible to put down. I'm so looking forward to reading book 3 in the series.

Tiffany Rains
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassie Howe is a descendent of the famous Howe witches of the Salem witches. She, along with her niece, Gypsy, and other friends are being attacked by an evil force. In walks in a vampire, werewolf and ghoul to help her fight off the attack and try to figure out how to stop them completely. It isn't until Kayde joins their group that Cassie receives more information about what is truly happening in Mystic Hallows.

I really enjoyed this book and how each person/being adds to it. I don't want to g
Pagewonderer
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This addition picks up right where the first book ends. As we have come to expect Cassie is a strong character on her own but with the addition of each of her men she is learning more and more about herself, her heritage, and the lotalty of those around her. Things start to heat up a little more and as they are faced with twists and turns Cassie is learning who she can really trust. I greatly enjoyed this addition and cannot wait for the next episode.
Donna Till
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and I loved it. The book begins with Cassie in danger as the rogue witch has returned. Her Cosan - Damien, Gabriel and Ryder are still with Cassie and have been joined by Kayde the witch hunter. Kayde isn't shy about making his feelings about what is happening known to everyone. This book is action packed and you will struggle to put it down. Damien is still one of my favourite characters but I am starting to love Kayde. The book ends on a cliff-hanger and w ...more
Jocelyn LeDonne
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great second installment to Cassie's story. We learn more about each of her cosan, more about the threat to Cass is revealed as well as his identity. Creative and detailed for a short read and I really like that, you don't feel like your missing anything. I love the Salem witch angle and the Original Salem witch families. The storyline is entertaining and it keeps your interest throughout and the end holds you in suspense and ready for book 3. I fell in love with the characters in book 1 and i ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Nikki Landis is the award-winning & Amazon bestselling reverse harem, paranormal, and sci-fi author of over 40 romance and erotica novels. Her recent release Refugee Road is the Gold Medal winner of the 2017 IPPY award for Best Romance/Erotica. Her stories have all heat levels so you're sure to find something you love. Nikki grew up sneaking her mother's 'bodice rippers' and falling in love wi ...more

Mystic Hallows Harem (4 books)
  • Black Magic Voodoo (Mystic Hallows Harem)
  • Witching Hour (Mystic Hallows Harem #3)
  • Third Eye Blind (Mystic Hallows Harem #4)