Start by marking “All I Need Is You (Straton Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
All I Need Is You (Straton Family, #2)

All I Need Is You

(Straton Family #2)

Johanna Lindsey′s enchanting romantic adventure All I Need Is You is the sequel to her immensely popular A Heart So Wild. Lovely and tempestuous Casey Straton, the headstrong child of Chandos Straton and Courtney Harte, leaves her Texas home determined to prove to her parents that she can do more than "woman′s work".

Successful businessman Damien Rutledge III came West look

Published December 1st 1998 by Avon (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about All I Need Is You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Need Is You

Heather
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jane Stewart
Parts were fun, but it had the annoying big misunderstanding, and a bad audiobook narrator.

I was so disappointed at the no-one-says-how-they-feel-big-misunderstanding.

The first half was fun watching Casey, age 17, as a bounty hunter. Men think she’s a boy because she’s tall and wears men’s clothes. They call her Kid. She’s a fast draw. We don’t watch her hunt and catch outlaws, but we are told that she caught several. Most of the danger is when bad guys come to rob or kill her and she has to de
VioletPetal
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance
Oh my… It's been a long time since I read a book from Lindsey and like it. She has so many interesting plot, but I always had problem with her hero's attitude which in the end made me hate the book. But definitely not with this one. I don't read a lot of historical romance that the setting was on America, because I like the European 'atmosphere'. But this is one of the book with American history setting and still can catch my interest pretty quick. I really like both the hero & heroine, as w ...more
❆ Crystal ❆
This is such a great book! I love it! Please read! There is a book before this one, but you don't have to read it to follow along... but I've read both books and love them both.

update 10/7/13... this book just gets better and better. I listened as an audiobook this time and it was awesome. 5 stars for the book and 5 stars for the narration.
Susan
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters were rich and full with individual strengths and weaknesses. The story was full of excitement. The love story was unusual, with plenty of growth through the story. I was worried in a couple of places, but things do work out in the end. I enjoyed how Casey and Damian worked well together even though they did not try to or even know they were doing it. I also enjoyed learning how Casey's father supported her and watched over her.

A very fun read.

I have not read the
Karen
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bounty hunter with a point to make. Taught to ranch by grandfather as well as track, shoot & hunt by father.

A great adventure where a tenderfoot from the east hires KC to find his father's killer. Damian's well laid plans get screwed & his youthful guide constantly surprises him.

Heart warming, action packed & strong personalities clashing have you continually thinking what could possibly happen next? Enjoy.
Bark
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, audiobook
I listened to this audio a few years ago and don't remember anything about it besides the fact that it was terribly boring.
Kathy Davie
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, history
Second in the Straton Family historical western romance series and revolving around the Straton family. The couple focus is on Chandos and Courtney's daughter, Casey, and Damian. It's 1892 in Texas.

My Take
How very disappointing. I expected so much more from Lindsey, but most of the story was tell with very little show. I was expecting a story more like A Heart So Wild , 1, in which Lindsey grabbed hold of me and pulled me in. This one? Well, I wanted to read more about Chandos and Courtney, fin
Simplekind
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I was disappointed with this book for a few different reasons:

1) It was boring. For a book that was full of gun fights, train robberies and murder I expected it to be exciting but it was just....not.

2) There was a lot of I like him but he doesn't like me. A lot of we are too different or I'm not good enough. I get that in YA fiction but in Adult Fiction? Casey seemed so sure of herself in the beginning but that changed pretty quick.

3) The main reason why I wanted to read this book was because o
S.J. Tyson
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I stepped outside of my element with this book. Western historical fiction is definitely not a genre that I like; contemporary is more my speed. But I did enjoy this book, even though I'd never read the first book regarding the Straton family (which I might possibly do now). The story was not a particularly exciting one, but it moved along nicely, and the Kid's identity reveal was somewhat unexpected. A little more communication between the two main characters would have sped things up a little, ...more
Pravana
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
each and every one of Heather's point are valid and true but the book has some charm. This is her review -

The forced marriage (literally at gunpoint) and the equally abrupt way they were "unmarried" was very hilarious.
Pam
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Typical romance book - one you can read in an afternoon sitting by the pool and not care if you skipped a paragraph or so.
Shannon
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
I almost didn't finish this book because it had such a slow and unoriginal beginning for me. The second half was much better but the characters really never fleshed themselves out for me.
Keila Aruni
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A mix of cowboys, danger, passion and love story.
Beth
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the first one and enjoyed this.
Shelly Knight
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Not one of her better ones
J Jares
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Straton family returns in this book with the emphasis on Chandos and Courtney's middle child and daughter, Casey. Grandfather Straton has died and left the running of large ranch to Chandos and Courtney's three children. However, the oldest is in college and Casey is seventeen and Dillon is 14. Casey wants to run her grandfather's large spread and Chandos refuses. Casey decides to run away and prove to her father that she can take care of herself. Unbelievably, she becomes a bounty hunter. B ...more
Jane
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
I read this last week but forgot to put up a review, so that means I don't remember too many details. However, I don't recall being miffed, so I must have enjoyed it.

Casey Straton is the daughter of Chandos and Courtney of the first Straton book, the name of which I cannot recall for the life of me. Casey is just like her dad - strong willed and fearless. Her grandfather has died and left her a share of his ranch. She wants to take over the running of the ranch but her dad disagrees because (a)
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
I'd have to say this book is rated probably about 3.5 stars out of five.
I honestly liked the beginning. Confusing though, but totally feels more like real life. Until it turns all corny just like every other love novel.
So Casey Starton is this tall girl who has been trained all her life in this cattle place owned by her father. She has one older and one younger brother. And apparently her father considers the age of 18 to be an adult. Casey was like 17. And obviously with that sexist thought of
Chumchum_88
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Johanna Lindsey's novels are starting to be more promising by the minute, since I'm liking the first series I read from her, I can't help but look forward to the next.

Casey was the daughter of Courtney and Chandos the main couple of the first book, she takes after her father in everything, in both looks and temperament, but that never stopped her being close to her mom which I thought was a nice touch because the differences between them didn't cause a drift or favoritism of a sort and I found h
Zel Polev
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Anne Holly
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: keeper
I had this book years ago, possibly before 2002, when I made a major move. As luck would have it, a box of hand-me-down paperbacks from my Mum reunited me with it! I wonder, is this the same copy? It's possible. In any case, the fact that I remembered it pretty much instantly is a mark of something special, considering how many romances I've read since then. (Especially considering the title has nothing to do with the book, at all and is solidly generic.) I'm pretty pleased to have it, again, an ...more
Judy
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Em
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was good, don't let my three stars fool you! I loved the main character Casey, at parts. Okay let me rephrase that, I loved what Casey could have been. She was tough, good at hiding her feelings, and could take care of herself. FINALLY A KICK ASS HEROINE! But at the same time she let Damian pretty much do as he pleased. I just didn't think Casey was a a very consistent character.

I also didn't feel very connected to Damian. He had redeeming qualities, but he didn't seem to have too muc
MaryLennox
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Meh. I loved the first book of the series so much, when I read the premise for the sequel I was already disappointed and I hadn't even started reading the book!

I really wish it was done differently because the Chandos+Courtney storyline was done brilliantly. All I really wanted to read about was a 'happily ever after' (not ashamed to admit it) and I kinda sorta got it with this book.

Confession: I totally 'read' this book backwards. Searching for the Straton family interactions throughout the boo
Bronwyn Rykiert
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I listened to this on CD

After Casey had a fight with her father she left her home to prove to her father she could run the ranch that had been left to her by her grandfather. The career she chose was something a woman would not normally do and that's why she was though of as a kid. Enter Damien Rutledge III, fresh on his way west from New York city in search of his father's killer. Before she knew it Damien had hired her to find Henry Curruthers and after lots of fun? she did.

It was an easy to l
Cassandra
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
What can I say? I'm a sucker for happy endings. The beginning was a little touch and go for me - it took some time for me to get into the book. Once I reached about chapter 15 or so, I was hooked. [Spoilers ahead] It wasn't until after the apprehension of Jack that the story got a bit frustrating. The main characters were masters of jumping to conclusions about the other one's feelings. But apart from that, I really did enjoy this book. I have to admit that I was smiling like a goof while readin ...more
Peggy N
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first of Johanna Lindsey's books that I have read that is not set in historical England. The Texas setting took me some getting used to. I am a Texan, but do not routinely look for books with a "wild west" local. It took me a little while to get even a little interested because I thought I was reading a western novel with ranches and the like. It is different than some of her writing yet the underlying romantic plot was there, even if a little slow to come out. I liked this book, but ...more
Erin
So, I read this wayyyyyyy-wayyyyyy-wayyyyyy back in the day aka when I was 12 or 13. Which, Let's be honest wasn't that long ago. At least not for me.
Any way, I can't seem to remember much of this book. Though the bit's I do remember I loved-but considering I gave it 3 stars back in the day, I obviously didn't live it enough. But honestly...When has Johanna Lindsey ever played me false. I EVEN ENJOY HER NEW STUFF, and considering a bunch of JL fans don't really like them, that says volumes.

MUST
Julie
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have read historical romances before, but usually the medevil, victorian, dukes, etc. I have NEVER read one that was western historical before. Mainly because as a rule I just don't care for westerns. But, Johanna Lindsey is such a good author, and I had gotten a "lot" of her books from ebay that had a few western romances in it, I decided to give it try. I read it in 2 days. Wonderful, fun story. A mix of adventure, and romance and family.
This is an older title and may not be available on e
« previous 1 3 next »

• Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
  • Only Love (Only Series, #4)
  • Come Spring (Storm Family, #3)
  • Lord Harry (Regency, #5)
  • Come the Spring (Rose, #5)
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Indigo Blue (Comanche, #3)
  • Sweetwood Bride
  • Deceive Not My Heart (Louisiana, #3)
  • Reckless (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • The Angel & the Outlaw
  • Mountain Laurel (Montgomery/Taggert, #15)
  • Kissed by Shadows (Kiss, #3)
  • Savage Promise (Savage Secrets, #9)
  • A Gentleman's Honor (Bastion Club, #2)
  • Wicked Promise (Clayton, #1)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom

Straton Family (2 books)
  • A Heart So Wild (Straton Family, #1)
“Stupid people always ignored good advice” 41 likes