Start by marking “The Holiday Present” as Want to Read:
The Holiday Present

The Holiday Present

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  1,856 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Now together for the first time, Johanna Lindsey's two classic Christmas tales, long beloved by her fans, available with a beautiful keepsake Christmas ornament!

The Present (Malory-Anderson Family #6)

The love story that began the Mallory dynasty. Miracles have been known to happen in this season of peace and giving and love, as this dramatic story of a mysterious exotic
Paperback, 1st Edition, 480 pages
Published November 25th 2003 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Holiday Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Holiday Present

Ashley
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
first The Present: its good but only if you love the Malory's, if you don't know who they are do not start with this story it will only confuse you. At first I thought Lindsey was loosing her finesse with the family, but then I took it for what it is a present to those who wanted to know more about the family.

Second Home for the Holidays: not her best, probably why it is connect with a legendary Malory novel. But is has some good points.
Heather
Jul 31, 2012 rated it did not like it
modern things that should NOT be in a historical book.
-bone 2pick w/him. aint.toddlers. "where's my hug,puss." beg2 differ. u want a piece of me? put a lid on it.rant&rave.when he flies thru the roof.(meaning he's mad).caught in the act. chickened out. what a whopper.lame excuse. hells bells. are we doing laundry(meanin r we brining up the past). ill buy that.im game.moot point.vice versa. badger you.ur such a stick.he was game2 try nething new.greater scheme of things.put her on the spot.jo
Phylisha Stone
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jason Mallory currently 3rd Marquis of Haverston finally marries housekepper and true love Molly Fletcher.
Aly
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
The present : 4
It's good to see I still have the same fun reading about the Mallory's family that I had when I discovered them 5 years ago. Everybody is here, or almost. Anthony and James still love a fight and he may be in trouble with his wife. Jason is trying to convince the woman he loves to forget convinience. In the midst of all this, the Mallory find a present who will enlighten them on their ancestors romantic encounter. The only thing missing for me is except for being set in Christmas
C Joy
Sep 07, 2009 rated it liked it
It was an OK read, just in time for the holidays. I specifically read it on Christmas day so the yuletide feeling would be in sync. The two short stories were very well condensed. I especially liked the Malory family, although I don't know what time frame it was set because the first Malory novel I read was about Jeremy. So, on to the review:

The first story is about a mysterious present in the Malory household and it's about their ancestors, a half-Gypsy, half-Russian woman named Anastasia Steph
Sonya
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great Malory Christmas book. It has a nice feel to it with a little bit of mystery.
Candice
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
My friend Mary gave me this book about 5 years ago at Christmas time but I never got around to reading it. So, since it was Christmas again....I thought...I should read this. Little did I know it was a romance novel. To be honest, I've never read a romance novel before--oh my!. I was quite taken in with it. It is actually two books in one and they are intriguing love stories.
Vivienne Papadosifaki
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
It is one of those books that make you wonder "what is the point of this now?" Rather than the whole "Malory thing",which is actually the big catch,I came to realize that it was a really boring book.Maybe If I would have read it through Christmas time I could have connected better to it,but well...that wasn't the case.
Meg
Aug 28, 2008 rated it liked it
This one was a little hard to get through, mostly because it consisted of two short stories and there just wasn't enough character development for me to care about what happened to the characters. It was ok...I almost want to give this one only two and a half stars, but I went ahead and gave it three. If you want a good holiday story, don't pick this one. It's lacking the warm-fuzziness.
Poonam
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
A recommendation from a friend (it was a surprise find for her) and my need to read everything that comes my way led me to read this. Two okayish romantic novellas in a book. Though I liked the female protagonist, Larissa, of the second story.
Dorry Lou
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Malory family all gather for Christmas and all is not well with them. Some are black sheep and others just have problems. Then a mysterious present appears. When they open up the present a whole different world opens up for them. Enjoyable book.
Pamela
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Who does not love the Malory family? This Christmas tale has them all at Jason's for their annual Christmas celebration. Expect fire works, and silliness, and of course love. I loved this holiday book...great storytelling, and a fun read for the season of Christmas.
Cerdito Mtz
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfull gypsy story....!!
Kate
Dec 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of romance who don't have much time
Shelves: romance
This is a book I read every year around Christmas. The stories are short enough that I can still get what I need to do for Christmas. I love these compilations.
Jane(Janelba)
Mar 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed both of these books (2-1 book) and had a delightful first experience of the writings of Johanna Lindsey. Will definitely read other books by her.
JoPaul
Jul 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
Nice Christmas stories.
Jadira
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, if you are reading the Malory-Anderson series, this book is a must!
Lynda
Apr 02, 2009 added it
love it, have it, will read again.
Kathy
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Two different stories about two different families
Clare Cropper
May 28, 2008
Sonya
Oct 26, 2014
~~. Mei_Lady .~~
rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2013
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • Christmas Revels (The Circle of Friends)
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Lyon's Gate (Brides, #9)
  • Vixens (Skye's Legacy #6)
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
  • Santa Viking (Viking I, #10.5)
  • Christmas Angel (Company of Rogues, #3)
  • The Heart of Christmas (Carhart #0.5; Tallants #3.5)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Border Bride (Border, #2)
  • A Stockingful Of Joy
  • One Red Rose (Rose, #4)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...
“I'll fix things up with George soon as she gets here," Anthony mumbled. "You may depend upon it."
"Oh,I know you will, but you'll have to hie yourself back to London to do so, since she ain't coming here. Didn't want to inflict her dour mood on the festivities, so decided it ould be best to absent herself."
Anthony looked appalled now and complained, "You didn't say she was that mad."
"Didn't I? Think you're wearing that black eye just because she's a mite annoyed?"
"That will do," Jason said sternly. "This entire situation is intolerable.And frankly, I find it beyond amazing that you have both utterly lost your finesse in dealing ith women since you married."
That,of course, hit quite below the belt where these two ex[rakes were concerned. "Ouch," James muttered, then in his own defense, "American women are an exception to any known rule, and bloody stubbron besides."
"So are Scots,for that matter," Anthony added. "They just don't behave like normal Enlgishwomen,Jason,indeed they don't."
"Regardless.You know my feelings on the entire family gathering here for Christmas.This is not the time for anyone in the family to be harboring any ill will of any sort.You both should have patched this up before the holidays began. See that you do so immediately, if you both have to return to London to do so."
Having said his peace, Jason headed for the door to leave his brothers to mull over their conduct,or rather, misconduct, but added before he left, "You both look like bloody panda bears.D'you have any idea what kind of example that sets for the children?"
"Panda bears indeed," Anthony snorted as soon as the door closed.
James looked up to reply drolly, "Least the roof is still intact.”
7 likes
“Well,then,let's make sure all his flying is directed at you first, shall we?" Anthony retorted, and opening the door to Jason's study,began to immediately place blame where it was due. "Jason,old man, I tried to calm this great hulking bull down last night, indeed I did,but he was having none of it.Blames me-"
"Great hulking bull?" James interrupted, one golden brow raised sharply.
"-because Greoge ain't talking to him," Anthony continued without pause. "And now he's got me in the same bloody boat, because Roslynn ain't said a word to me since."
"Great hulking bull?" James repeated.
Anthony glanced at him and smirked, "The shoe fits, believe me.”
6 likes