Start by marking “The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus” as Want to Read:
The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus

The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus

3.11  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
A Little White Trim... Olivia Neuman had hoped the worst was behind her after she broke her ankle, lost her chance to be a Rockette, and had to come home to Baltimore to live in the same city as her ex, Bobby (a.k.a. "Booby"). Of course, that was before she saw her face plastered all over billboards for Bobby's wildly popular cable show about an evil, conniving girlfriend ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus

Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
A mash up of 3 stories that connect at the end. This isn't my favorite Christmas book it just wasn't Christmassy enough and not what I look for when reading a Christmas book.
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
I only gave this two stars. I thought the premise was good. A story of three different women who each where the Mrs. Claus suit and experience a magical transformation in their beliefs of Christmas.

The book is broken down into 4 years time for each wearer of the Mrs. Claus suit. The first book was very good. The second was good...but the third story seemed like the author was reaching to create a story line and had run out of ideas.

Towards the end, I kept counting pages to see how many I had lef
Sep 25, 2008 rated it liked it
This book was ok, not really as good as I had hoped it would be. I picked it up looking for a cute Xmas book to get me in the holiday spirit and it didn't really do that. It was more like 3 short stories that briefly come together at the end, but just barely. The stories got better as you went along, but even the last one wasn't incredible. It was just an ok book, but I don't plan on reading this author again.
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was kind of one of the worst books I have ever read yet I felt compelled to read it to the end. It was some strange combination of sex in the city meets the mommy diaries. Plus I was super annoyed that the women all were totally incapable of breaking away from obviously poisonous relationships - seriously these stupid women make me crazy. Anyway i wouldn't recommend this book but somehow I rated it okay.
Edie Ramer
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
The more I read this 3-novella book, the more I enjoyed it. Three different women in different years play Mrs. Claus at a Rossman's department store, wearing the same Mrs. Clause suit, and their lives change profoundly. The book was light yet serious. It's a feel-good book with substance.
Rosemary Paladini
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was ok
It was just okay, the premise was interesting....a beautiful hand made Mrs. Claus suit handed down through generations at Rossman's Dept store and said to have magic for those who wear it. However the 3 story lines were boring and very easy to guess within the first few pages.
Sharon Buxton
Jan 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
D. contemporary fiction; Christmas
Dec 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I decided to try a few Christmas books this year, and this one sounded cute. It wasn't funny so much as sweet, but I did enjoy the 3 tied together stories of women in Baltimore, San Francisco, and Chicago playing a department store Mrs. Claus and finding the true meaning of Christmas, yadda yadda yadda. Of course a little more sweet than my usual fare, but enjoyable. Ladies looking for a light Christmas read can't really go wrong here.
Cari Schaeffer
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Having read one other book by this author (which I didn't like), I decided to read just one more to be sure about my own opinions regarding this author's work.

It was no better. The writing style, etc. is quality, but the content is not. All of her characters are women with no moral center beyond instinctual desire fulfillment similar to the behavior that one would expect from a dog. Very, very off-putting.

I'm done with this author's work.
Lexie Stoneking
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a decent read, but by far was not something that blew me away. It's a cute read that would be perfect for something mindless around the Holiday season. I don't like the set up of having three completely different stories with the only tie being the Mrs. Claus suit. It made the book seem very choppy. I also thought the ending was thrown together and seemed very unrealistic. I was left slightly dissapointed. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I probably won't be reading it again.
Sue Kundrath
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Cute book. It actually consisted of 3 novellas, in the time space of 3-4 years, all surrounded around a handmade, heirloom Mrs. Claus outfit, and how the 3 women who wore it took control of their lives.
Jun 13, 2007 rated it really liked it
Another Alexander book told in semi-short story form from the perspectives of three different heroines, Olivia, Cassie, and Meredith. All three women are connected by a Mrs. Claus suit that helps them discover the magic of Christmas. Wonderful holiday read.
Tara  Rugg
Nov 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
Cute story about 3 women who play Mrs Claus for the same department store chain...
Dec 02, 2010 rated it liked it
I thought this was a cute book. I read Eggnogg Cronicals a long time ago and I really enjoyed that book. I hope this author comes out with new books soon.
Nov 30, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
Fun Christmas romance about 3 different women wearing a Mrs. Santa suit over 3 Christmases.
Dec 19, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
It was crude and had too many sexual referances. I had to stop reading.
Sep 05, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good fun Christmas read
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Cutsey Christmas stories, not bad if that's what you're in the mood for.
Jan 07, 2011 rated it liked it
It was ok
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Three cute novellas centering around a Mrs. Claus costume. I enjoyed the stories even though the plots were pretty predictable.
Britnee Young
A mediocre waste of time. The stories steadily got worse, especially the last one which just kind of ended out nowhere
Dec 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
Three cute christmas romance stories all surrounding working in Santa Land and wearing a Mrs Claus suit.
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Mrs. Santa helps make Christmas better. Cute, mindless read.
Aug 12, 2011
Katy Ross
Sep 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • It's Not Christmas Without You (Holloway, #1)
  • Home For The Holidays (Kismet, Michigan #1)
  • Let's Be Jolly! (2-in-1)
  • The Christmas Heiress
  • Season for Temptation (Holiday Pleasures, #1)
  • Mission: Irresistible
  • The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • This Time Next Year
  • The Perfect Christmas
  • Bride Needs Groom
  • Christmas Carol
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • When She's Bad (Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
  • French Kissmas
  • Santa Maybe
  • Do You Believe in Santa? (Evergreen Lane #1)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)