Start by marking “Lifted Up by Angels (Angels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lifted Up by Angels (Angels, #2)

Lifted Up by Angels

(Angels Trilogy #2)

The companion to the Publishers Weekly bestseller Angels Watching Over Me.

This inspirational novel follows the story of Leah and her friendship with the Amish family she met while hospitalized for cancer treatment.  When Leah takes a summer job near their Amish community, she is happy to be near Ethan again.  He is now at the age at which an Amish young man is allowed a ta
Published October 6th 1997 by Laurel Leaf Library (first published October 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Lifted Up by Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifted Up by Angels

Megan
I enjoyed this one much more than the first one. I liked seeing more of the Longacres and the other Amish. This one is incredibly sad, I forgot a lot of what happened. I remember more from the third book.

Leah still irritates me at times but not as bad as the first book. She still seems a little silly and really doesn't think much. She's been around the Amish enough to not be asking some of the questions she did. Anyway, hoping to start the third one and finish it soon.
Lizzy Seitz
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5 stars

Lurlene McDaniels has a way of ripping my heart out and yet I let her do it every time!!!
Anjali
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 stars
This books is OK for me. I will read and forget easily. the book did not form an everlasting impression but is not boring also , but not exciting in any way .So 2stars

Sweet very sweet and spiritual wants me to believe in higher power and angels.This is a story about Ethan and Leah , about their love about how different both their lives are .

Leah was diagnosed with bone cancer in last December and that's where she met Rebekah , who was sharing her room. They both were helped by a woman na
Kassy Taylor
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read Lurlene’s books in middle school and they were what started me on my love for reading. After I got my hands on one of her books, I absolutely devoured the rest. I so badly need to do a re read.
AnnaBernyc Calderone
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
love this series. one of my favorites.
Lisa Oehler
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another favorite! Thank you Lurlene for being an amazing Author.! Reread this series! Love them!
Gail
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Better than the first in the series. Should have known someone was not going to make it out of this one.
Samantha Pollum
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Again...it’s been ages since I’ve read this book but it’s still one of my favorites of all time. The entire series is wonderful and it was about time I reviewed it. Even after almost a decade since I last read this book, I still remember it with great clarity, having read it so many times back when I was a pre-teen.

The series got even better with this second installment of the trilogy where Leah goes to the Amish community for the summer to be near Ethan. It’s interesting to see his world and le
Gina
Oct 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Recommended to Gina by: Jordyn Holmes and Quinlyn Mork
Lifed Up by Angels is the second book following Angels Watching Over Me. This book was very good! And by reading this book after the first it was even more interesting. This time Leah spent the summer in the Amish environment. She developed and even stronger relationship with Ethan, as well as with Charity and Rebekah. She also learned more about the Amish then she ever imagined.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning about other cultures, it is a shock! Also, this bo
Jessica
Feb 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: advisory-07-08
Lifted up by Angels is the sequel to Angels Watching over Me by Lurlene McDaniel. After finding out that Leah’s bone cancer is deteriorating and that she might have a chance to be completely cured after the chemotherapy, she spends her summer in Indianapolis with Ethan and his family. Meanwhile, her mother and stepfather are on vacation at various locations such as Hawaii and sending Leah postcards. During her stay with Ethan, she finds out that since Ethan is seventeen, he get a period of time ...more
Keshia Burchette
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Lurlene McDaniel sure knows how to yank on the heartstrings! After reading the first book in the trilogy I was hooked. I wanted to see what happened with Ethan and Leah.
With Ethan being Amish and Leah being English there were so many differences but they knew they cared for each other. Rebekah brought them together through her childlike ways, not seeing the differences as much as others would. At the beginning of summer when Leah went to work near the Longacre farm I wasn't sure if things would
Terri Sullivan
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great story by Lurlene McDaniel. Her stories always touch my heart and although may have sadness, there is a greater meaning buried within.

Lifted Up by Angels is no exception. Her main character, Leah, has finished her chemotherapy and is needing a vacation from her mother. She decides to go visit her Amish friend for the summer. Leah had become friends with Rebekah and her family as Rebekah was in the hospital when Leah was. She became close to Charity, Rebekah's older sister and had be
Michelle
Jan 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was about Leah was spending her summer working in an inn or hotel. During her days off, she goes to visit Ethan and Charity. Leah and Ethan are trying to be together because they are from different cultures. Both Leah and Ethan had faced challenges from death, family pressure and culture pressure.
In this book, I learned that it is hard to face challenges by yourself because if there was no one to support you, there is a feeling of being defeated and useless. I enjoyed reading this book
Jordyn
Oct 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like reading "cute" things.
Recommended to Jordyn by: I read the first one so i wanted to read the second.
This Book is the second to "Angles Watching Over Me'. In this book Leah goes to Nappanea, Indiana to spend her summer. There she rents an apartment, and hangs out with her crush Ethan and his family. Leah already knew them from the first book where she shared a hospital room with Ethan's little sister Rebecca. While Leah spends her summer here she vists alot of amish cultural outings. She meets Charity's (Ethan' sister) crush, who is really rude to Leah and Ethan considering she is not amish. Sh ...more
Lilian
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Leah and Ethan have some very hard decision ahead of them, that will test their beliefs and their love. I loved the the this books as much as the first. It always makes me cry and also appreciate life more, because we never know what will happen in the future. I like to believe that I live my life fully everyday, like tomorrow could be my last. It's an important lesson to learn and always remember. And this story has it written in a way that makes you realize that life is precious and you need
Rachel
Jul 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty good read, real quick. Read it because I am cleaning off my shelf. I did not have the first one though so I feel like I missed a few things with the characters. If I had read the first one this book would be much easier to get into. A traumatic event happens most of the way through the book and I probably should have cried but I didn't. On the whole this was a well written book and enjoyable.
Megan
I loved Lifted Up by Angels! The story picks up six months after the previous book, Angels Watching Over Me, ended and the story in this book was so much more enjoyable. I'm not sure if was more enjoyable because I now know the characters and so the story didn't give as many descriptions about them, or if the book was just written better. Either way I loved it and am looking forward to reading the final book in this trilogy. Highly recommend this book.
alyssa
Sep 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: q1-2008
Leah, the teenager with cancer, is now deeply involved emotionally with the Amish, and especially one young man. He cannot do much about their love, for they live in different worlds. The interaction between young lovers, between families and between worlds blends nicely with the main thread of the story - terminal illness in a teen.
Nicole
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series, and it follows the continuing saga of Leah and her amish romance. This is an amazing story with plot twists and the best part of these books is there isn't always a happy ending, but there is also a beautiful lesson to be learned. Definitely a great series for teens.
Erin Brawner
Following the story Angels Watching Over Me Leah finds herself working near the Amish family she met in the hospital. Ethan is at the age when he can have a taste of non-Amish life before committing himself. This is another great book for learning about Amish people.
Kim
May 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kim by: Erica
Well this book was very good; it made me want to read the third one right away. A couple of things happened that I can't figure out the reason for. Hopefully my questions will be answered in the third book which I will be starting tonight!
Noelle Walsh
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. This book, and the two that go with it are probably the only books involving the Amish I'll actually enjoy. The way it's written is so good, you feel like you are right there with the characters. It's really good.
Kelsy
Jul 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
This is much better than the first book in the serious. I actually enjoyed reading it, but there were still gaps in the plot and character developement. I must admit, though, the story's getting better.
Cristi
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The way McDaniel describes the amish culture was really interesting. I love the romance between Ethan and Leah because it actually made sense and it wasn't insta love. I would recommend this for those you have read her other novels.
Sal4gal
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Second in the series. Leah, the teenager finds a summer job near the Amish community to be closer to Ethan. The books tells a lot about the Amish culture. The book is wonderful - sweet, yet ends very sad. Hope that there is a third in the series.
Tara Zimmerman
A student talked me into reading this book, and I wanted to because so many of the girls just absorb these books. This one was sweet and simple. Light romance and a brief glimpse into Amish culture.
Taryn Rai Spearey
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked learning more about Amish people in this book. It was a very nice summer that Leah had. Rebekah's death was very sad. She was one of my favorite charaters. I think that Leah likes Ethan a lot. I hope he is in book 3 as well.
John Chris
I thiks its so romantic
Kianna
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anybody
this book was ok it wasnt like i thought it was gonna be. maybe it was because i didnt read this irst book that goes before this one but i still thought it wouldve been better.
Mary Bronson
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is so heartwarming. I love the two main characters. They are so great together. It is also very sad towards the end of the book. I cried.

• Reality Check (Clearwater Crossing, #2)
  • Third Starlighter (Tales of Starlight, #2)
  • Flash Fire
  • The Boy Next Door (Love Stories For Young Adults, #4)
  • The Promise of an Angel (Heaven On Earth, #1)
  • Anything for Love (Sweet Valley University, #4)
  • Anna and the Duke (The MacLaughlins, #1)
  • Season of Glory (The Remnants #3)
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • Girlhearts (Sarabeth, #2)
  • Titanic: The Long Night
  • Seventeen Wishes (Christy Miller, #9)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...

Angels Trilogy (3 books)
  • Angels Watching Over Me (Angels, #1)
  • Until Angels Close My Eyes (Angels, #3)