Start by marking “The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)

The Enchanter's Flame

(The Ellwood Chronicles #1)

Strange things are happening all around Brinnswick. Things that remind me of a piece of my past I’d rather forget. Girls are being killed, drained of blood, and left with strange markings on their bodies. When I finally connect the cases together, a specialist is called in—though, what he’s a specialist of is beyond me.

When the chief assigns him as my new partner for the
Published August 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Enchanter's Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enchanter's Flame

Start your review of The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
Nazanin
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m, paranormal, fantasy
4 The Sage and His Soulmate Stars

My first read by this author and what an enjoyable one! Michele Notaro created such an interesting world. I’m not really into magic but I really liked this world with its people (witches) in it. Both characters were likable but I liked Ailin a bit more, especially his possessiveness over Sebastian. I enjoyed their banter, a lot. Told mostly in single POV, 1st person. It’s the first installment in "The Ellwood Chronicles" and is cliffy (book 2 is out). It’s we
~Volha~
I love magic! Anything from unicorns and necromancers to fae and witches! Every author always creates something new and unique and this time it's no exception. This book has a very good world-building, well-developed characters and isn't cluttered with sex. There is plenty UST and denying of one's feelings but it blends well into the book and enhances the characters. (Don't worry, lovers of smut, there are hot and bothering moments to tide you over until the next book) I like that this is not in ...more
Kathleen
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, urban-fantasy
DNF 42%

That was some simplistic, unsophisticated writing, which minimized any potential enjoyment of the story. When a book becomes a chore to read, I move on.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Interesting start

Sebastian is a detective working for the BCA. He is assigned to a new partner on a case where numerous bodies of young females keep popping up. Each case seems to have a distinct trade mark making Sebastian believe it is a serial murder, however, his new partner has other ideas. Ailin Ellwood is a specialist that is about to open Sebastian's eyes to whole new world he never knew existed.
The second half of this book was much better than the first. If you can get passed
Achim
One of those books that leave me undecided, unsure if I like it or not and if I ever come to liking it I'm not entirely sure why. Oh, it's a big festival of bickering and some banter, even a little snark thrown into and that counts, that a counts a lot and there is one of my favorite themes showing a hidden world of magic and paranormal creatures parallel to the human one and I enjoyed the writing style which kept me reading and reading and reading but then there is Sebastian ... nice guy, reall ...more
Ariel
"How in the hell did I wind up in my car with an asshole, a cute kitten, and a creepy as fuck snake? That sounded like the beginnings of a bad joke."

I loved this! Full of snark, magic, danger, and a slow-burn romance, this book hit all my buttons. I really loved the characters, Sebastian especially, and the 1st person narration worked perfectly to keep the audience in the dark about magic and supernatural creatures. Seb's narration allows the reader to make discoveries along with him as he learns
Alex
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, paranormal
Wow.
Magic, Witches, Vampire, Werewolf, Soulmates.... What's not to love!!!
Well, the fact that now I have to wait for what's next... That's what!

So this is told from Sebastian PoV.
Sebastian is human (or is he?...) He works as a cop. Dead bodies are piling in and he starts to see a pattern so he decides to talk to his boss... And then enters Ailin... 'Consultant' for all strange cases. Sebastian doesn't really know him but he heard about him and when he finally see him... Well...

description

He's very confuse about everything and very arouse about hi
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

The Enchanter’s Flame was a bit of a muddle. Some parts were intriguing and even enjoyable. And others sections had me wanting to bang my head against a wall. Even several days after finishing it, I’m not sure how I feel about it.

Sebastian and Ailin both have strong personalities that come through clearly. There isn’t much backstory on either of them, but there’s a prequel coming so at the very least Ailin’s past will be more fully developed at some
Skirmish
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.wordpress.com/2...
Rating: 4 Stars – minor quibbles but I loved it to bits
 Rosebud
Detective Sebastian Fitz, a recent transplant to the Central borough, is concerned about a new case he's been assigned to. An apparent ritualistic murder of a college girl ending with her body branded with a symbol and drained of blood. More concerning is that it isn't the first such case requiring Detective Fitz to report his finding to his superior, Chief Gillman.

This starts a chain of events that culminates in Sebastian gaining a new partner, Ailin Ellwood. Tall, dark, antisocial, and sexy,
Andrea
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, lgbtqiap, m-m
I love paranormal stories. With magic and paranormal creatures, authors have the potential to create a world that’s unique and fun. LGBTQ+ books that aren’t contemporary are pretty rare. So when I saw this, I had to pick it up!

Sebastian is a police officer who is stumbling upon some really weird murder cases. Cases he can’t completely figure out. When he gets assigned a “specialist” for a partner, he finds himself in a whole new and bizarre world. With girls being murdered all around
Claudia
October 2019
Loved it even more the second time around ... maybe because I knew of the faults and adjusted to them.

Now to the next book 💃

**Warning: this text may contain spoilers** This book is sooo hard to rate:

on one hand I loved it, adored it ... the story was real good and I really, REALLY want to have more!

on the other hand, the characters missed a certain depth and I found it a bit hard to connect with SEbastian. I loved Ailin.
but I fin
Aelfwina
Aug 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
Not sure what this author has more trouble with: grammar ("he kneeled down and pet the cat"), world-building (it's modern-day US, but it's named something else), concept of magic (Ailin can apparently do anything), or definition of mystery (as in there should be one). The second MC is a bit of a blank oaf as well (never questions if Ailin is actually reading his mind, never seems to wonder what happened to his parents - at least not in the first 50% that I sort of got through).
There was no
Viz
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Usually I would give a five if the book can make me laugh but what can I can say... Its a thriller!
It's one of the books where you don't check how much of the book is left.
The book is on Seb's POV who is ex- Special Force and currently a detective. Sadly the author has shown him scared of supers, which would be fine but it goes to the side of coward. Hopefully his personality improves in #2. The other MC is a witch (mind you not a warlock). Ailin has had a early start in his life as a sup
Jenni Lea
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible

Though the storyline was fascinating, it read a little too YA for my tastes. The narrator made the MC a bit too whiny, though that could have been due to the writing. Not sure I'll be continuing on with the series.
april
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great fantasy story!

If you like sarcastic wit, evil demons, sexy witches, and sexy humans all mixed up to make a explosive read this is the series for you!
It covers everything from fantasy to who done it, and a little romance . However it is all entertaining. I can't wait for the next installment!
aristoseimi
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I finished this, but just barely. There are the bones here of a great story set in a potentially interesting world. Unfortunately, the execution was clumsy and juvenile, with the barest sketches of characters whose reactions were consistently over the top without any real reason. I have no idea what Sebastian looks like, other than he is taller than Ailin and has a darker complexion, and the fact that it took Sebastian two-thirds of the book to realize that Ailin could hear his thoughts was just ...more
llv
re-read: April 2019

Loved it as much the second time as I did the first.

Rating: 5 stars

I really loved this book and the start to the Ellwood Chronicles. I loved both of the MCs. I loved their banter and thought they had great chemistry together. I really liked that their relationship developed over time and while there was instant attraction, it wasn’t an inst-love situation. I thought all the side characters were great, especially the members of Ailin’s coven.
caroline wilson
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book by the author and this is my honest opinion.
I loved this book. It started a little slow and a bit what, why, where but by heck it hit the ground running after that. This is fantasy, romance, and a touch of mystery.
Sebastian is part of the police force and tends to keep quiet especially about the mysterious cr*p that he tends to see out of the corner of his eye. When he spots a pattern of murders that hit scarily close to a foggy memory back in the days in the arm
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.5
🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧 Narration: 5 awesome headphones!

Just fantastic! I loved it!!

This story has the perfect balance of intrigue, magic, and mystery with great characters and a good bit of lust and adventure thrown in. I loved both Ailin and Sebastian and their chemistry flies off the page. They have a great love/lust/hate thing going on and the antics within this connection are hilarious!

Ailin is such a little spitfire and such a g
Micah
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
T
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I love paranormal romance books so The Enchanter's Flame by Michele Notaro is right up my alley! The author has created a wonderful world full of supernatural creatures and the descriptions put me right there in the story. I loved the two main characters, Sebastian and Ailin! They were perfect opposites with Sebastian's adorable and sometimes cluelessness put up against Ailin's confidence. Their banter was hysterical and kept me amused throughout the story!
The mystery and suspense of this
John-Torleif  Harris
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

I absolutely loved Ailin and Sebastian! It was fun to see Ailin keep fumbling as he try tried to protect Seb by keeping knowledge from him, and yet, despite that, they continued to grow closer and closer together.

I do wish that there had been more about the prophecy, that is apparently very important but not even hinted at until the epilogue, throughout the course of the story.
Jade
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Got sucked in from the first page. This totally scratched my paranormal itch and I can't explain why. The world building was a little lacking and the mystery was kind of obvious but I couldn't put it down. So kudos to Author ( who is new to me btw) because I can't wait to read the next one 😲
Rebecca
Just amazing

I fell in love with this world Michele created from the minute I started reading this book! My emotions were crazy while reading! I got goosebumps so much which is a good thing!!! This book blew me away!!!!! I love love love ailin and Sebastian as well as the other character!!! Can’t with for the next one!
Lisa
Fantastic

The Enchanter's Falme was such a great read. I loved the story of Ailin and Sebastian. This story keeps you on your toes wanting to know more of what's gonna happen next. I can't wait for the next book. You won't regret reading this book.
Nicole Harley
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian and Ailin are my new favorites from Michele Notaro! Their banter had me laughing until I was crying. The sexual tension between them was close to burning up the pages. I can't wait to see what the next book has in store for these two with the way The Enchanter's Flame ended!
Serpounce
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite adorable. Seb the detective was like a teddy bear with too much dramatic thoughts.
Levi
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This is my first read from the author and do i fell lucky for descovering it!
I loved all of it!
nikki brackenbury
Great story

This was a great story, I really enjoyed it . The characters were well written and I loved it .
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Counselor Among Wolves (Leader Murders, #2)
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • Evolution (Evolution, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Ask the Oracle (Revelations #1)
  • Skin (The Ark Trilogy, #1)
  • The Winter Prince
  • The Wulf Chronicles (WulfChron, #1)
  • Dra'Kaedan's Coven (D'Vaire, #1)
  • Deadly Secrets (Kings of Eternity #1)
  • Adverse Effects (Saving Caeorleia, #2)
  • Blood for Magic
  • Ge-Mi (Part One)
  • So I Married a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #3)
  • The Painted Crown (Unbreakable Soldiers #2)
  • Too Many Fairy Princes
  • Three Fates
  • Venomoid (Night Code Saga #1)
I’m married to an awesome husband that puts up with me and all the characters in my head—and there are many. We have two young boys who also put up with me and my craziness. We live in Maryland with our two dogs and a fish. And yes, I had to include the fish, otherwise my three boys—hubby included—might just disown me. They love that damn goldfish we won at a carnival. *sigh*
Born and raised

The Ellwood Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)