Start by marking “Supernova (Light Years #2)” as Want to Read:
Supernova (Light Years #2)

Supernova

(Light Years #2)

The 100 meets Ender's Game in the captivating and romantic sequel to Light Years from New York Times bestselling author Kass Morgan!

With a galaxy on the brink of war and loyalties divided, the friendship of four Quatra Fleet cadets will be tested as their greatest enemy closes in.

Arrested for espionage, Orelia's future is looking bleak . . . until the Quatrans make her a s
Published October 1st 2019 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Supernova, please sign up.
Erin Caracappa Yes. According to Kass Morgan's twitter, it is just the two books.
Karl Harrison i dont know,but from experiance it will be atleast 3. but that is a guess . but some have many more. mission earth had 10. wheel of time had 14 and i …morei dont know,but from experiance it will be atleast 3. but that is a guess . but some have many more. mission earth had 10. wheel of time had 14 and i had to wait 21 yrs for all to be published. game of thrones has a possible 8 (although several of those are considered 1 book broken into 2) incarnations of immortality had 8. maze runner 5. i could go on. but the majority is 3.(less)

Start your review of Supernova (Light Years #2)
Emer (A Little Haze)
Ah the sequel...

Supernova picks up immediately following the events of Light Years. The book does a great job of recapping the storyline of book one which is fab if you've not just immediately read book one and everything is fresh in your memory...
So for me the book was quite repetitive and a little on the dull side. Soooo much energy was spent recapping that it felt stale whereas I was just looking for new action and lots of it.

But I think my biggest gripe about Supernova is there was zero ten
Cora Tea Party Princess
Sep 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
I loved Light Years so much, and after THAT ending I need book two now, OK?

Read my review of Light Years.
Adah Udechukwu
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Supernova. It is a great end to the duology.
Tracy Banghart
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel very lucky to have snagged an ARC of this book. I loved LIGHT YEARS so much, and this continued Vesper, Cormak, Arran, and Orelia's stories in exciting ways. I love these four characters! SUPERNOVA was just as thrilling as LIGHT YEARS. I appreciated out how it called out colonialism, and its diverse romances made my heart sing. Thumbs way up!
Aly
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great conclusion! This duology has been so much fun to read and this book was packed with action, romance, and friendship. Cormac, Vesper, Arran, and Orelia are great characters and I enjoyed watching them come together and form an even stronger bond. The plot was well paced, there was plenty going on without being confusing and the romances were so sweet. I sped through this and the ending was well written and wraps up nicely.
Booksnbrains
Aug 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Not bad but not nearly as good as the first one.
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Supernova is the second and final installment in author Kass Morgan's Light Years duology. The story picks up right where the first installment left off and once again features (4) main characters; Orelia, Arran, Vesper, and Cormak. This story moves away from the classroom setting to the real world with real world implications. So, to summarize, Orelia has been arrested for espionage for being a Specter spy and transmittin
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
3 to 3.5 stars.

Good ending and well written story.
thegirlonfire
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
i read the arc version, and i enjoyed it, it was simple fast easy read, i like the world and the characters.. it wasnt anything special but still enjoyable, not too much action but not boring either, just some drama here and there and some intense moments.. the ending of this one was satifying and conclusive. i wish we could explore more about the different planets
CerysAnne
Nov 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cant-wait
Light Years was AMAZING! I cannot wait for this book to come - I NEED ANSWERS ESPECIALLY AFTER THAT BOMBSHELL OF AN ENDING!

EDITED TO ADD: SINCE WHEN HAS THERE BEEN A COVER, A TITLE, AND A FUCKING BLURB AND
I AM JUST NOW SEEING THEM? OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD
Marjolein
Once again, I'm missing half stars... this would be a 3,5 stars for me, actually. I liked this book, but it missed a bit of depth for me to really love it. But still... it's a nice guilty pleasure, and the name space opera it got, was absolutely right and it did that very well.
Maribel Zurita
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ⭐️ overall I really enjoyed it. But at times it felt kind of rushed. Especially with some of the larger plot points. I also somehow was unaware this was a duology so I thought there was one more book. Until things started happening really fast. But I did love it. And I loved all the relationships.
Jenna
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
This is one of those heavy on space romance, light on plot sort of books. Not a lot happened but at least we got plenty of relationship drama!!

Either way, this was a really solid conclusion to this duology and I’m happy with how it ended.
Evelyn
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019-release, 2019
Not as good as book one, but still very enjoyable!

Full review on my blog soon!
Sofia
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Light Years so much and Supernova was simply up to my expectations and a great way to the end the duology. I would have liked to have more books about this story to read, but I'm super happy about how it turned out. It was very easy for me to completely fall in love with the superbly shaped characters, it was like living in their their skin and I can swear I felt all of their emotions. I'm sure I'll re-read Supernova again by the end of the year, it's just so good!
Joel
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first book in this duology but still good. Wraps everything up very nicely. Sort of had the feel of a Star Trek tng episode except it was the recruits that were asked to do everything! Looking forward to more of Kass Morgan's books
ClaireEva
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think 3.75 ⭐️
the_queen_of_books24
4.5 stars. I LOVED this, but the villain was a bit predictable for me. Loved the ending, the characters and the plot. I genuinely cared about them and their relationships.
Anya
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying conclusion to the duology
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Mandy C.
Cover Story: Sequel
BFF Charm: Make it Rain
Swoonworthy Scale: 6
Talky Talk: Science Friction
Bonus Factors: Rebound, Amends
Relationship Status: Fleeting Fling

Read the full book report here.
Linda Dobinson
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, sci-fi
I enjoyed this sequel to ''Light Years'' which wraps everything up nicely.
I recommend this book.
The Book Bog
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well, I got what I expected. I read an ARC I got from Y'all West so I am going to keep things vague to avoid book spoilers!!!

Here are the things I liked (always start with the good stuff!)
-The last 100 pages were fast-paced. I was eager to read them and see what happened.
-Admiral Haze has some great moments

OKAY I WANTED TO LIKE MORE BUT I DIDN'T, here are my issues:
-There is no room for the romantic relationships to breathe. Because the book is split into 4 POV, I feel like I have whiplash from
Emily (emilykatereads)
This YA space drama is addicting.

Supernova is the sequel and finale of this duology. It picks up right after the first and we follow the four MCs that we grew to love in the first. I'm usually really particular about multiple POVs, but this book does it really well. Each character is quick to identify in their narrative, and the writing is easy to follow to always know what perspective you're in.

There was a lot more relationship drama in this book compared to the first, but since we've already
Maggie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wait...what the hell just happened?

What book did I just read here? Is this not the sequel to "Light Years", the thrilling YA page-turner that had me salivating for more, every chapter? The book that shamelessly ripped off "Star Trek", "Ender's Game" and was so damn addicting I couldn't stop myself from inhaling it in about 24 hours? The thrilling novel that set up class and romantic conflicts ACROSS the board with our four characters, and ended in the arrest of one of our protagonists for being
Jessica
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced, character driven, space drama laced with romance.

Lately I’ve been in the mood for some Sci-fi and Space (thanks to binge watching Space Force on Netflix and The 100 being back!). Supernova is the sequel to Light Years by Kass Morgan. I read Light Years almost a year and a half ago and the cliffhanger was sooo good that I knew I wanted to read the sequel, but I got busy so I’ve waited. I’m glad I decided to finally read it though because it was exactly what I needed. It was fast pa
Tiara
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, sci-fi
3.75*

Thank you to the publisher who sent me a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I was thoroughly impressed by Supernova. I read Light Years a while back and did not remember much of what had occurred, except for the major plot points. However, as I delved into Supernova, that did not matter, as Kass Morgan was great at creating that bridge between book one and two. I did not go in with the highest expectations and found that I really enjoyed this.

As I've mentioned in many of my other rev
Van
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Josh Morrey
Sep 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Ellie
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
*3.5
I've really been feeling space stories lately and I think that this duology was good because Kass Morgan helped create my favourite universe and characters (The 100) so I have a deep appreciation for her. I really liked the first book, as I mentioned in my other review, it had some pacing issues and was a bit quick but I think the world building was decent for it being such a quick read. I do wish we had gotten more, but I liked the characters and the plot.
This book didn't quite reach the sa
Samantha Corkin
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in the series and I was really excited to actually get this book and after reading it I am slightly upset that it got put 8 months. With it been put back I actually expected the quality of story to be much better.

So this book literally started straight after the first book which is really good. Basically in the last book the enemy attacked their ship but Orleia knew how to defeat it because she is a spy for them. Basically she gets imprisoned at the start of this book and she is
« previous 1 3 next »

• Les roches rouges
  • Et le désert disparaitra
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Soleil Glacé
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • The ​Alcazar (The Cerulean Duology, #2)
  • Bijna echt
  • Extincta
  • The Chosen (Contender #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Auberon (The Expanse, #8.5)
  • La ville sans vent
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Romance
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • A Sprinkle of Sorcery (A Pinch of Magic, #2)
  • The Earl (Devil's Duke, #2; Falcon Club, #5)
Kass Morgan studied literature at Brown and Oxford, and now resides in Brooklyn, where she lives in constant fear of her Ikea bookcase collapsing and burying her under a mound of science fiction and Victorian novels.

Light Years (2 books)
  • Light Years (Light Years, #1)