Start by marking “A Slow Fire Burning” as Want to Read:

A Slow Fire Burning

'What is wrong with you?'

Laura has spent most of her life being judged. She's seen as hot-tempered, troubled, a loner. Some even call her dangerous.

Miriam knows that just because Laura is witnessed leaving the scene of a horrific murder with blood on her clothes, that doesn't mean she's a killer. Bitter experience has taught her how easy it is to get caught in the wrong pl
Expected publication: August 31st 2021 by Doubleday

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Aug 31, 2021
    Enter for a chance to win a galley of Paula Hawkins' A SLOW FIRE BURNING! ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 50 copies available, 20027 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jun 01 - Jul 01, 2021

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about A Slow Fire Burning, please sign up.
    Agota I don't think this book is for real. I went on her site, nothing about a new book, neither on Amazon or Audible.…moreI don't think this book is for real. I went on her site, nothing about a new book, neither on Amazon or Audible.(less)

Start your review of A Slow Fire Burning
    Kristin (KC)
    Aug 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
    No cover
    No title
    No blurb
    And, still, I couldn't possibly want to read this more...
    Krystin Rachel
    Aug 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
    I know literally nothing about this, but I WANT IT.

Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
    May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
    This was my third Paula Hawkins book and while I found it somewhat slow going, the writing was superb. It was the pacing and the large cast of unlikable and unreliable narrators that bogged this one down for me a bit. Otherwise this would probably have been a 5*.

I thought the title was very apropo because of the slow burn of anger, hatred, jealousy and deceit brewing within these characters.

We start in this book at the ending and follow through the back stories of all of the characters, switchi
    karen
    hawkins' debut thriller The Girl on the Train came out hot on the heels of the film-adaptation of Gone Girl, when the psych suspense market was craving MORE LIKE THIS, PLEASE, and it became a runaway bestseller that everyone either loved or loved to hate, but its success ushered in a WAVE of twisty suspense novels trying to hitch a ride aboard the gone girl on the (gravy) train, so many of which unabashedly featured the word "girl" or "woman" in their titles.

her follow-up, Into the Water, was a
    Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
    Dec 04, 2018 marked it as not-released-tbr
    Shelves: thriller, mystery
    will this book ever be published?

still no title? So mysterious... I LOVE IT

***********

This book comes out in four months and there's no title, synopsis or cover. Why do I sense that this will be pushed back.

***********

October 2019!? Can't she wrote instead of... You know... Eating or sleeping? Is that too much to ask?

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
    Tammy
    Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    There is a murder because of course there is. Tenuous connections, deception, and betrayal embroil members of a family, a pitiable young woman, and a meddlesome middle-aged spinster in the investigation that ensues. Moving back and forth in time, the characters’ backstories are slowly revealed as Hawkins turns you every which way but loose. There is even a book within in a book. I was held breathless.
    Elle
    Jan 25, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: coming-soon, 2021
    Oh so this is......finally happening?? Wow okay yes...we’re cool, we’re calm, we’re chill—

✨ A ✨
    I feel like we've all been waiting so long for this book. But look, we finally have a date! And I'm loving the title 🙌

•Release date: 31 August 2021•
    Janet
    The newest of Paula Hawkins creations truly is A Slow Fire Burning.

While initially slow, Hawkins builds a web of unlikable characters that keep the plot twisting and turning until, like a runaway train, you crash into a fiery ending.

A twisted tale of secrets, lies, resentments carried, revenge plotted, and culminating in murder... this thriller is sure to be a scorching end of summer treat.

Though Hawkins always gets mixed reviews, I will tell you that she is one heck of a story teller, and you
    Cyndi
    Mar 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    I was beyond excited to have received this ARC from Netgalley. I’m a huge fan of Paula Hawkins and it’s been awhile since she has released a book. What struck me most about the plot of this was the intense and complicated interactions between the characters. There was a lot going on in this, but it wasn’t difficult to follow. Hawkins character development is superb and she reveals their deep dark secrets layer by layer. Hawkins’ writing just gets better and better. I know that this will be a hug ...more
    Isaiah
    Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Is this book still happening? It’s October 3rd
    Ludwig Reads
    And...we have a cover!! A SLOW FIRE BURNING releases August 31st!

description
    Maria Renee
    Meh. It was a nice read but nothing that I felt really thrilled about.
    Pamela Wilson
    Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Even without a title or plot summary I feel compelled to read all 480 pages of I have no idea what, when it comes out, which should be sooner, But Hey! it's Paula Hawkins! Need I say more? ...more
    MartinMartin
    The COVER was just released today!!
    OMG, I can't wait for a new book from one of the best thriller authors on the market!

And the setting...Murder on the London canal boat. I am sold.
    Linda
    May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    I really enjoyed this novel, lots of interesting characters and a twisty turvey plot.
    We are introduced to the characters one by one and at first you can’t see how they are connected. Sisters, neighbours, the damaged and the lost.
    Daniel is found dead on the house boat he is renting. A nasty stabbing and his throat was cut. The police have not a lot to go on. There is the busy body of a neighbour, the young girl who was the last to see him, his aunt and uncle who don’t have anything to do with hi
    si ( ◠‿◠ )
    Sep 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
    2020:
    the wait is still so long but at least now we have an amazing title and cover omggggg i preordered the second i found out it was up on amazon 😂

2019:
    I added this back in Feb and then I thought Oct was a long way away.....and now that it’s a MONTH AWAY there’s still no info about it 😭 I want some updates pleeeeeease I’m dying for more Hawkins!!
    Parker J
    Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Well, that was dark.
    KC
    3.75 After a brutal crime is committed on a London houseboat, numerous friends, family, neighbors, and lovers seem to have motive behind the fatal stabbing. With an increasingly growing suspect pool, the lies begin to unravel, revenge appears likely, and secrets revealed. A Slow Fire Burning will certainly be a breakout hit this summer. For fans of Shari Lapena and Mary Kubica.
    Emilie Bozek
    Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I liked it.... interesting but boring plot, if that makes sense :)
    booksNpenguins
    Oct 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    is this book happening or....????
    Eve
    Dec 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
    When a young man is found gruesomely murdered in a London houseboat, it triggers questions about three women. How far might any one of them go to find peace? How long can secrets smolder before they explode into flame? Innocent or guilty, everyone is damaged. Some are damaged enough to kill....

Publication date : August 31, 2021

sfb-ph
    Emily
    Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book was INCREDIBLE! Paula Hawkins does not disappoint with this one - there were so many twists, so many surprises, I literally could not put it down. Every time I thought I had figured out who the murderer was, I was wrong. Again and again Hawkins leads you down a path just for you to question your own ability to distinguish right from wrong. This is definitely one I will be recommending!
    Laurel
    May 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: reviews, may-2021
    The discourse around this book concerns me. When it's official blurb and the New York Times preview of this title both stress that there is going to be a HUGE TWIST, it ruined the whole thing for me. Because I was expecting a HUGE TWIST, I played every version of what this book might be in my mind. So which part was the twist? I honestly don't know! I was so invested in what I thought was going to happen that I missed out on what actually was happening. This review only adds to the TWIST-O-RAMA ...more
    Julie Le Cras
    May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
    A proof copy that was passed on to me. Throughly enjoyed it, I went from feeling sorry for each of the characters but also suspicious of each of them too.
    Worthwhile read 📚
    Lynda Rally
    Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Good
    vicki honeyman
    Apr 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Get ready to have the rug pulled out from under you with this rollercoaster of a who-dun-it. Paula Hawkins has yet again come up with an entangled thriller complete with a bloody murder on page one, full of creepy people, seemingly normal people, and truly messed up people who fill the pages of this brilliant new page-turner. Needing to put all the pieces together in my head, I read it in one day, getting more and more creeped out as the truth started to unravel. Wow! What a page-turner!
    CaraDico
    *Thank you to NetGalley, Paula Hawkins and Penguin Random House for an Arc in exchange for an honest review*
    *Previously published at https://www.mysteryandsuspense.com/a-...
    A Slow Fire Burning, the latest from Paula Hawkins, is about a young man found brutally murdered on a houseboat. The story follows Laura, a career criminal with a traumatic brain injury, who has a one-night stand with the victim the night before he dies.

There are a plethora of characters, many with their own chapters, includi
    Carlos
    May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    This is the first book by Paula Hawkins that I've read, and it will not be the last one. It starts with a murder but the main point is how the lives of the characters are entangled in such a way that surprises the read every step of the way. ...more
    Elena
    Dec 07, 2020 marked it as wishlist
    We have a title and cover!!! *tears of joy*
    « previous 1 3 next »
    Goodreads Librari...: Primary Edition 2 14 May 05, 2021 07:25AM
    English Translati...: Paula Hawkins - A Slow Fire Burning - United Kingdom 2 11 Feb 28, 2021 12:55PM

• Survive the Night
    • The Stranger in the Mirror
    • Project Hail Mary
    • Find You First
    See top shelves…
    Paula Hawkins is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Girl on the Train, which was made into a major motion picture. Her new novel of psychological suspense, Into The Water, is coming May 2.

Articles featuring this book