Start by marking “Buckle Up: Episode 1 (Commitment #1)” as Want to Read:
Buckle Up: Episode 1 (Commitment #1)

Buckle Up: Episode 1

(Buckle Up #1)

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Passion, lust and desire are the fuel that drives us. So, buckle up for the ride of your life.

Elliott Judd is a superstar race car driver and hotter than hell. Men and women fall at his feet and he enjoys the easy pickings. No one has tamed this wild stallion, but is he ready to settle down for the right person?

Kyle Beaumont, a straight mechanic with a body to die for join
Published September 1st 2018 (first published January 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Buckle Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buckle Up

Teal
Wow. There's bad, there's dreadful, and then there's... this. Words fail me. Atrocious? Execrable? Hmm, maybe let's just go with "appallingly bad."

It's a m/m romance that starts out with a graphic m/f sex scene. Who's the intended audience for that?

But initial misstep aside, what about the rest of the story? I'll let it speak for itself:

"his abs pull taught with his every movement"

"I’ll have to reign that in"

"that will get me no-where"

And the author must have heard that commas are good, becaus
Fabi
I read an ACR of Buckle Up v2 thanks to Indigo Marketing & Design.

This is book one in an erotic series, so be prepared for a cliffhanger.

Kyle finally landed his dream job as mechanic for a famous race car driver. Elliott is starting his new racing season looking to stay on top of his game. One look at Kyle, however, and he detours towards the new mechanic.

Elliott doesn't care which gender his partners are. Whoever turns him on catches his fancy. Kyle catches his fancy. But Kyle is straight
Coco.V
Feb 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/10/2018)! 💝
.Lili.
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bisexual, m-m
Buckle Up by Karen Botha was ok. It was an easy, quick erotic romance novella between a race car driver and a mechanic. Elliot is an openly bisexual driver who's never been tied; all his relationships have been casual. Kyle identifies as straight and is healing from a broken marriage. As soon as they meet though they're attracted to each other, and Elliot's chase for Kyle begins.

Some positives:

-Fast paced
-Dual POV
-Both main characters were likable.

But- I feel like I've read this before. It's qui
The Celtic Rebel (Richard)
Buckle Up is a very interesting book. I am usually not a big fan of the alternate point of view type writing, but here I enjoyed it. I think one of the biggest positives of the novella/episode is that I really liked both characters. Elliot could be arrogant at times, but not so arrogant that he unlikable.

I loved the setting in the racing world, and I am loving the story so far.

I classify this novella as another of my "guity pleasures". It is not an award-winning book, but Botha weaves a very e
Suzanne Ellis
Elliot, a famous race car driver, was bisexual and did not care who knew it. He enjoyed life in all its extremes, and that included the many women and men that he got up close and personal with as he raced his way to super stardom on the track ever year. He kept things light and uncomplicated, never getting too deeply into emotional entanglements with any one person after a terrible hearbreak in his past that had taught Elliott that it was better to never feel enough to make a commitment than be ...more
Jéssica
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is the first Karen Botha's books that I read, and it's a M/M book so it was another story that took me out of the circle of usual genres I read, and I was an enjoyable read.

This book has a dual POV and to be honest, I kind of liked that in this book, because it made it possible to me to know both characters and understand their feelings and thoughts more. I believe that if there wasn't that alternation between characters POV, I may not have felt empathy, because, like I said this isn't my u
Vânia Nunes
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vânia by: NetGalley
Kyle reaches to be admitted to work as a mechanic for the racing team of the great Elliott Judd.
He has been redoing his life since his marriage to a childhood friend is definitely over and the couple are in the process of signing the divorce papers.
Kyle catches Elliott's attention.

Elliott is very good at what he does, but he also received the fame of being a man who does not deny his pleasures, men and women. But ever since he saw Kyle, Elliott knew something inside him had changed.
The problem w
M Hurford
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buckle Up by author Karen Botha is a modern gay romance between race car driver Elliot and race care tire changer, Kyle. When Elliot took one look at Kyle at the racetrack he knew he want Kyle and when Kyle saw Elliot he was attracted to Elliot but he thought as a fan. However, Kyle quickly learns his attraction is more than that...as their first night of passion proves.
Kyle and Elliot deepen their affection then an unexpected injury puts Kyle in the hospital. When he's discharged which home wi
Julianne Macneil
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i read this book as part of an arc program. This is a story about a straight man named Kyle who is a mechanic and starts working on a racing team. Elliott is the race care driver and he is bisexual. Elliot is known as a playboy and when he sees Kyle, he thinks he is gorgeous. Kyle is attracted to Elliot, much to his surprise, and he thinks it might because he is a fan of his racing. When Elliot hits on Kyle, Kyle tells him he is straight and not interested. However, they are still attracted to e ...more
Maya
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaybook-reviews
I’m generally not fond of instalove trope but the narrative was smooth enough with just a hint of dark to keep me reading. It’s unbelievably hot story as tension between Kyle and Elliot climbs up and up. It’s very intense, forming a pull toward characters. Fair warning, there is sex with others, but strangely enough, it manages to become part of the play between two men.

It’s uncomplicated story focusing entirely on interaction between two men. Passion burns brightly with just enough vulnerabilit
Taya
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.

I'm going to get straight to the point and say this one didn't work for me. I've enjoyed books with lot more sex and very little of actual romance in my past reading journey. Those books are usually my go to after reading series of long and emotional books. Everyone needs little fluff in their lives. The author tells you to not take this book too serious and I didn't. It hit a major pet peeves
Jenny Brightman Harris
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

In this book we meet Elliott Judd and Kyle Beaumont. Elliott is a professional race-car driver and a professional playboy. However he is ready to find that special someone. Kyle has played it straight for the sake of his family for so many years that when his new driver hits on him he rebuffs him. However each of them feel a spark when they first meet that just can't be ignored. Can they find a HEA or w
Janom Coleman
Cliffhanger?: No
Can be read as Standalone?: Yes
Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars

***COMPLIMENTARY COPY PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

I’m kind of confused if I have read the entire series or if this was only the first book but regardless it was just okay. It wasn’t the worst I’ve read but it definitely wasn’t great. It started off as mediocre erotica and turned to a romance that had its mild moments. The characters were very one-dimensional without much
Kirstin
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Kyle Beaumont steps onto the track for the first day of his dream job in the pit crew of the famous car racer Elliot Judd. Elliot is known for his rockstar racecar driver persona... wild and carefree. When they first meet eyes, Kyle is unable to look away. And soon he has to decide if his life is ready to change completely.

This started out badly. I was maybe 15% in and thought that this wasn't going anywhere. There were a lot of
Valerie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
The book wasn't exactly what I pictured when I read the blurb. It was a fast read, and that is about the only positive thing I can say about it. The book started out with a sex scene with Elliott and some random woman you don't even know the name of, which you don't really want in a gay romance. I understand Elliott is bisexual, but there wasn't a reason for the prologue. And then the relationship between Kyle and Elliott, while hot, didn't feel as though there was a connection between the two m ...more
Kristine
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, netgalley, i-own-this
Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to view a digital ARC of this book. The following review is voluntary.

As my first time reading this author's work, I was not sure what to expect. I wanted to enjoy the story, mainly because I'm a dedicated racing fan. One main man is a race driver, the other a tire changer on pit road. The overall plot premise was an interesting one; I basically enjoyed the short trip from infatuation to a rapid, heated attraction into a blossoming rel
Kirsty Mckenzie
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a rather fast past amazing book, Elliot and Kyle are quite the pair. Elliot is a famous race car driver who seem to be going from hook up to hook up of either sex, that is until he meet the irresistible Kyle his new mechanic on the team. Kyle has now gotten his dream job, but he seems to have also spied a man who may just turn his life upside down. This is a really great book that takes us on thier journey. Where we end up who may know.
This is a must have book, I find myself now looking
Kitt
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good book with interesting characters and plot line, but I think it is important for prospective readers to realize the book is not a complete story. This is not Book 1 of a series of independent stories; it is more like Book 1 in a single, multi-part story of the relationship between two people. If you go into this expecting the complete story, you may be disappointed as there are some loose ends.

Clare
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good M/M read and I'm always on the look out for more book, So when i was asked if i wanted to read this i said yes, Elliott is bi and Kyle straight, I won't give any more away but for me while the story was good i didn't really connect with Elliott and Kyle, Some bit in the beginning felt a bit rush, But that's just me other may find they love it. I'm glad i read this and might re read it later to see if i love it.
Tanya
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He is a racing driver and he is fast on and off the track. He has both men and women. Then he sees the new man in his team and he wants him even those he is straight. The new man cannot believe he has got this dream job. Will the new man he an easy target? Will he be able to have the one he aches for? Can it be more than a fling? See how it will go

Maria Wagner
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author for me. I got to say I wasn't disappointed. The twist and turns in this story adds a little spice, it kept the the suspense flowing. It has a strong storyline that really comes to life. A story that makes you feel what the characters are feeling. It has many emotional twist. An over all great read.

Ichigos
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have received an ARC of this book by the publisher through NetGalley.
I liked this book. It was really sexy and the characters were loveable. I personally prefer a slow-burn romance but there are exceptions for everything. The writing was beautiful and clear. The plot was fluffy and heartwarming. The only misstep for me was the lack of suspense. There were some dramatic events but I personally think the author could have made more use of the whole car racer concept.
Courtney Turner
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this first book in this three book series. Kyle and Elliott meet and sparks fly. Kyle thinks his straight and Elliott thinks Kyle is nothing but another conquest. But soon Elliott feels more and he just needs to get Kyle on board.

And when he does their lives will never be the same. Fall in love with Kyla and Elliott. I loved this book and can’t wait for the next book in this series

Tammy
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the characters Elliott and Kyle. Their story had a steady pace, as you read along. Thought the two had great chemistry, that heated up the pages. I hope to read from the author’s bookshelves for a long time, as I stalk them for more books to read.
Thank you for sharing your book with us.
Carrie
Read like the a rush job. Sloppy editing (commas galore) and cliches. Elliott seemed like an irredeemable rogue (and I won't be reading to find out if he is redeemed) and Kyle seemed like a doormat (or maybe floormat if we're talking about cars).
Finnegan
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story of a racing driver and a mechanic, and it was just meh. It could have been so much more, but I was really underwhelmed. It is the first book in a series, but I will definitely not read the rest.
Nina
Sep 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately not my cup of tea - at all. Mostly sex scenes with a bit of over the top fluff to make it all stick together.
There's absolutely nothing to make me believe in the characters' feelings for each other. The "coming out" of the straight character was also absolutely unrealistic.
Beverly
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was enamored with those two guys. I enjoyed seeing the vulnerability in both men. It seemed very honest and real. I liked Kyle's journey of self discovery from denial to acceptance and more. I loved their first date in the forest- exquisite. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Kathleen Bradbury
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The great plot was well written and the characters were so well developed that as I turned each page the chemistry between the characters kept me totally hooked until the very last page!

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Karen Botha was born in Lincoln and brought up in Yorkshire. She moved to Essex as soon as it was time to build her career.

She worked in Marketing for more time than she’ll admit, and lost more personal time during these years than she cares to remember.

Consequently she retrained as a massage therapist and reflexologist. Not only does she love the interaction with her many clients, but this also g

Buckle Up (8 books)