Start by marking “Total Control (Alpha Crew, #4)” as Want to Read:
Total Control (Alpha Crew, #4)

Total Control

(Alpha Crew #4)

The New York Times bestselling author of Desperate Girls and Touch of Red returns to her sizzling Alpha Crew series with this fourth thriller filled with “scorching-hot chemistry” (Kirkus Reviews) featuring a Navy SEAL who meets his match in a fierce FBI agent as they work together to take down a dangerous terrorist.

Navy SEAL Jake Heath has his eyes on Alexa Mays. The FBI
Published September 2nd 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Total Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Total Control

Start your review of Total Control (Alpha Crew, #4)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Fast read with kick ass characters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I hear the name Laura Griffin I immediately think of her awesome stories that always involve romantic suspense in the military and some form of police agency.

This novella was fabulous read. I love Jake and Alexa together. He is so damn perfect of a character; definitely hot and spicy and he will get your temperature rising.

She is a typical female FBI agent that doesn’t want to admit when she needs help but is grateful for it when Jak
Anita
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Short novel or novella? I don't know what the rule is to determine which, and, I frankly don't care. Either way this was a hot, action packed read perfect for a day at the beach on this Labor Day weekend. I love Laura Griffin's take on my favorite Spec Op warriors, SEALs.

Navy SEAL Jake Heath met FBI Agent Alexa Mays six months ago while on a Op and has tried to reconnect with
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

I wanted to love this book, because I loved Jake and Alexa's chemistry in the first books. I had to put it down and walk away for a day cause it was boring me. I did finish, and it got better, but I just didn't love it.
♥Rachel♥
Jake and Alexa have a bit of history. Meeting through previous ops, and Jake wanted more, tried for more but Alexa ignored his calls for months. Now Alexa shows up in San Diego for Jake, but it's for a dangerous case, nothing personal. Working together forces her to take notice of what could be between them, and Jake didn't want to miss the chance to sway her to giving a relationship a chance.

There's a lot of action that kept me turning the pages, and this is a quick read. I think Total Control
patrick Lorelli
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-police
Jake Heath a Navy Seal is very surprised when he sees FBI Special agent Alexa Mays who called him after he was working out. Wishing that she was finally coming around and they could actually try and date he is shut down when all she wants is his help to look for a terrorist who is believed to be in California. He says no and leaves, later when she arrives home he is there getting after her about how easy it was for him to get into her house and that he will help her. The beginning of their worki ...more
Bookish
Oct 18, 2019 added it
Shelves: romance
Total Control is the first book I’ve read by Laura Griffin, and this slim novella gave me just enough of a taste for her style that I’m looking forward to reading more. The book follows Navy SEAL Jake Heath and FBI agent Alexa Mays. He’s surprised to hear from her after a date months before resulted in her ghosting him, but he can’t deny that he’s intrigued when she starts to tell him about the case she’s working on and why she needs his help. The novella length left me wanting more, but the boo ...more
Jewlsbookblog
I loved the tantalizing chemistry and banter between Jake and Alexa in previous books and had high hopes for their story. Unfortunately, the romance fell flat and I found myself flipping pages just to finish reading.
Barb Lie
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Total Control by Laura Griffin is the 4th book in her Alpha Crew series. Jake Heath, our hero, is a Navy Seal and after finishing up a tough case, Jake takes a short vacation; and is surprised when he is contacted by Alexa, an FBI agent he has not forgotten since he has not seen her for six months, after she never returned his phones calls.

Alexa Mays, our heroine, is one of the best counter terrorism FBI agents and is in the middle of a major case, and she tells her team that they need someone l
Dísir
Laura Griffin’s ‘Alpha Ops’ series and I have been on rocky ground since day one; it is so startling dissimilar to the heart-pounding crime thrillers that she writes that these brief, novella-length works feel like they’ve been penned by someone else, both in style and in plot-execution. Yet I keep returning to them, hoping that each one would get better, even as ‘Total Control’ has left me on the fence.

Everything was cursory here: context and histories that were told rather than shown, explain
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Total Control has a smoking hot, Navy Seal and a ballsy, female FBI agent trying to track down a possible terrorist plot. In the midst of all that action, Jake is trying to get a reluctant Alexa to give him a chance.

This went form zero to 60 and didn't stop until the end. For a novella it had a lot going on and felt like a full length book. Jake is a total alpha male, so of course I loved him. While I wanted Alex to stop pushing him away, I liked her character. I'm a big fan of heroines who can
Beth
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I like Laura Griffin a lot, but this series is so insubstantial. The stories are too short; the first one gets around that by being spread over two volumes (not a fan! Just tell the story in one volume!) but the subsequent two are over right after they begin.

Griffin usually writes about stereotypes, but she makes them work because she has the space to write about multiple interactions, and each one builds a little more humanity, a little more individuality. Here she has no space. Each story has
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by NetGalley***

This was a shorter novel, but still enjoyable as books by Laura Griffin always are.

Jake and Alexa have a connection, but there is also a reason that they have decided to stay apart. Until they are forced to stay together, and then they are forced to work together (well, they choose to but it's the same idea) and it's impossible to ignore the attraction.

As always with titles by this author the romance and the action are balanced well, and both work together in a wa
Pennie Morgan
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this one from beginning to end. Jake Heath met Alexa Mays on an OP six months ago and she has resisted his contact since. Now when he is heading on a 72 hour personal leave with his brothers and father she shows up asking for help. After turning her down he shows up on her doorstep the next morning. What ensues is a wildly hectic weekend hunting a terrorist cell but getting close. Definitely like this novella romantic suspense series!

**Received this ARC for review from the p
Melanie Jo
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Laura's writing. Especially all her Navy Seal books. This one was intriguing throughout the whole book and I kinda didn't want it to end. This is one of the better books I've read and can't wait for the next one.

Thank you Netgalley, the author and publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Tracey
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is the story of Jake Heath, Navy SEAL and Alexa Mays, FBI Agent.
Alexa has worked hard to get where she is in the FBI, and working with her counterterrorism team they have been chasing an extremist who is now on American soil and the only person who can help her take him down is Jake and his task force.
When Jake got the call to meet up with Alexa he thought his luck was in, little did he realise that she only wante
Elizabeth
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced and suspenseful!!

An adrenaline fueled, action packed book that has you flying through the pages! A quick, easy, but entertaining read.

Laura Griffin is the best at romantic suspense and she always leaves you wanting more!!!
Speed
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it! I have read all the books in this series and Jake and Alexa made a hot and interesting couple. Alexa and Jake have been harboring feelings for each other and working on this case just brings them closer together. Filled with action, suspense and a HEA made for an awesome read.

******I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provided by NetGalley******
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
This was brilliant and would have been a five star read if it had an epilogue.
Hannah (Hannah’s Library)
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
Another excellent Laura Griffin read!
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Alpha Crew romantic suspense series and revolving around the members of this SEAL team. The couple focus is on Special Agent Alexa Mays and Navy SEAL Jake Heath.

This ARC was sent to me by NetGalley and Gallery Books for an honest review.

My Take
Okay, I gotta say I'm disappointed in Total Control. The plot was rather thin with the focus on the romance...and only the romance. There's no office interaction for Alexa other than her brief mention of why her boss is a pain and agents who
Joanna Bishop
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book! It was a light, easy read, the story was interesting and kept the reader engaged, and just the right amount of tension between the two main characters. By a third of the way through the book I knew I wanted to look up others by this author!

The book starts off with a really great SEAL training exercise, and we get a feel for the dynamic between Jake and Alexa (Lexie) early on. They have a bit of history, but for the past six months Lexie has been ignoring Jak
Toni
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This is the fourth book in the Alpha Crew series by Laura Griffin.

Alexa is playing against the rules. She isn’t supposed to include Jake Heath in her operation. I was a bit unclear as so why it was such a no-no. Something about someone not supposed to be working to capture terrorists on American soil.

The two both knew of each other previously and lusted after each other but had never gotten together to date. Not sure why considering their instant attraction.

At first the camping trip Jake
Melody Morris
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Total Control – Laura Griffin

I was fortunate to receive this book as an Advance Reader Copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an objective review. This review will also publish to my blog, tropicaldelusions.blog, a few days before publication.

Several months ago, Navy SEAL Jake Heath & FBI Special Agent Alexa Mays chanced to meet when their respective agencies worked together on a counterterrorism mission. Jake, entranced by Alexa, left her some messages hoping to see her again, but they were neve
Becky
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 9/9/19.

A fast paced, fun read!

Total Control keeps the tension high as Alexa and Jake race against time to stop a terrorist plot--at least Alexa is pretty sure there's a terrorist plot; her boss (and ex) is less convinced (sigh). Theirs is a second chance romance; they had worked together six months or so earlier and went out once, but Lexie's past experiences with workplace dating and reservations about being in a relationship with someone who frequently g
Lisa
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.

Amazon labels Total Control as a “Terrorism Thriller.” It is a book that is very reflective of today’s current events.

Navy Seal Jake Heath is a member of the Alpha Crew. On his last mission, he worked with FBI Agent Alexa Mays and her counterterrorism team. Since then, Jake has carried a torch for Alexa and has called her many times to invite her on a romantic date. However, Alexa has gone out of her way to
Jeeves Reads Romance
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful, sweet and sexy, I liked everything about this book. My main complaint is that I wanted more of it. Total Control is essentially novella-length, so it gets right into the action and doesn’t let up until the very end. This fast-paced adventure follows Jake, a Navy SEAL who has been crushing on an FBI agent for months, though she doesn’t give him the time of day. When Alexa reaches out to Jake for assistance with an unofficial case, he sees it as an opportunity to spend real time with ...more
Anne
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2019
I didn’t realize when I started reading this book that it was a novella, since the official copy doesn’t classify it that way. Romance novellas are so tricky to do well since authors need deliver a satisfying romantic arc in a condensed number of pages, and this one didn’t quite get there for me.

The story follows Alexa May, an FBI agent working on a terrorism assignment. She calls in Jake Heath, Navy SEAL, to help her track down a suspect. They’ve worked together before, but after a single date
Abigail Books Addiction
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looking for fast-paced suspense romance story? Then, Total Control is the one for you. It's paced-fast novella plus explosive chemistry between Navy SEAL and FBI agent.
It starts off with FBI agent Alexa asking Jake (Navy SEAL) a favor. I'm going to let you know something, their chemistry is explosive that you are wondering why they are not together at all in the beginning of the story. I will tell you why. Alexa is very strong independent woman that everyone should be but she has trouble in aski
Downward dog
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

Thanks to the author for providing a copy of this book via Cocktails and Books and Netgalley. The opinions expressed are my own.

I love everything Laura Griffin writes because she knows how to write stories that have just the right mix of suspense and romance. There is heart pounding action and simmering romance in her newest novella, TOTAL CONTROL. This story has likable characters, a great story and lots of action.

Jake and Alexa first met when they worked on cas
Amy
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
My only complaint for this book is that I want it to be longer. I love Jake and I like seeing him and Alexa work together while Alexa fought their attraction for everything she's worth. This book, like those before it, end with them deciding to try a relationship just before he ships out. I'd love to have seen the relationship when he comes back to really feel like they had the strong foundation needed for a HEA. Also, I was intrigued by Alexa's office relationships; I was hoping to have a twist ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice #12; Crossfire, #2)
  • Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • Shadows at Dawn (Maximum Security #1.5)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • Cold Wicked Lies (Cold Justice #13; Crossfire #3)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Pivot (Deep Ops, #2.5; The Brodies of Alaska, #0.5)
  • Tainted Evidence (Evidence Series Book 10)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice #11; Crossfire, #1)
  • The Third to Die (Quinn & Costa Thriller, #1)
  • The Intended Victim (The Agency #4)
  • Tempting Evil (Prison Break Trilogy, #2)
  • The Deception (Maximum Security #2)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Hard Edge (Cobra Elite, #4)
  • Lethal Redemption (Steele Ops, #2)
Laura Griffin is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than twenty books. She is a two-time RITA Award winner, and her book Desperate Girls was named one of the Best Books of 2018 by Publishers Weekly. Booklist magazine calls Laura's popular Tracers series "the perfect mix of suspense and romance."
Series:
* Tracers
* Wolfe Security
* Texas Murder Files
* Alpha Crew
* Moreno and Ha

Alpha Crew (4 books)
  • At the Edge (Alpha Crew, #1)
  • Edge of Surrender (Alpha Crew, #2)
  • Cover of Night (Alpha Crew, #3)