Start by marking “The Rule of Many” as Want to Read:
The Rule of Many

The Rule of Many

(The Rule of One #2)

Born to a death sentence in a near-future America, rebellious sisters herald a revolution—if they can survive.

Twins Ava and Mira Goodwin defy the Rule of One simply by existing. The single-child law, ruthlessly enforced by Texas’s Governor Roth, has made the sisters famous fugitives and inspirations for the resurgent rebellion known as the Common.

But the relentless governo
Published May 7th 2019 by Skyscape

Carrie
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Rule of Many by Ashley Saunders and Leslie Saunders is the second book of the young adult science fiction dystopian  The Rule of One series. The story began in the first book of the series, The Rule of One, with this book picking up where it left off so it would be a series that needs to be read in order to be understood completely.

The first book of the series alternated the point of view between the two main characters and was set in the not so far off future of the US. Due to the shortage
Ann-Marie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a follow-up to last year's successful "The Rule of One," co-authored by sisters Ashley and Leslie Saunders, about a chilling future United States where environmental and overpopulation concerns have caused a repressive government to institute, among other policies, a strictly enforced one child per family rule.
Ava and Mira Goodwin should not exist. They are identical twins whose mother died to keep their secret.
They have spawned an entire revolution, because they are not the only hidde
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

*Thank you so much Skysape & NetGalley for the eGalley in exchange for an honest review!*

The Rule of Many picks off right where book one ended, and from page one it doesn't stop. Though I had my issues with the first book I was super excited to see where The Rule of Many was going to take readers considering the explosive end to The Rule of One.

I think my only complaint with The Rule of Many was the introduction of a lot of characters
The Clever Reader
Whoa! So much happened! I also thought this was a duology but that is definitely not the case and I can't say I'm sad about that! This intense dystopian is just what I needed!
Kayla Eklund
Last month, I read The Rule of One. I found it to be an enjoyable book. One of my rules for myself this year is to continue series if possible until I'm all caught up. I just happened to have an ARC of the next book in the series, The Rule of Many, on my Kindle from Netgalley. This month, I decided to read it so I can stick to my rule. I loved it even more than The Rule of One.

The Rule of Many was everything that I wanted in the sequel. It was action packed. There was never a time where I was bo
Becca
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOTE: I received a complimentary eARC of this book from Skyscape through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

After reading The Rule of One and not really liking it, I didn’t have very high hopes for The Rule of Many but I’m happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the second book FAR more than the first.

**WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD**

I found The Rule of One to be very slow, to the point of being boring most of the time, way too preachy, and a little confus
Jypsy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
The Rule of Many is the sequel to the Rule of One. I did not read the first book. I should have because more background information would have been useful. Essentially, in a future United States each family is allowed only one child. The lead characters are identical twins, two children, on a mission to change things. They are not alone in their thinking. In this story, more points of view are added in addition to the twins, so you're getting the story from several angels which I liked. The char ...more
Scarlett
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to NetGalley and Skyscape for an ARC of this book! Release date - May 7, 2019

I liked this book. I don’t think I liked it as much as the first one, and probably the third one will be better as well. It did feel a lot like bridging the gap. Although some interesting stuff did happen, I think this may have done better as a duology instead of a trilogy.

I still continue to like the world that was introduced in The Rule of One. Of course, the premise of this trilogy is to end that rule, speci
Sky
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I want to start by saying: a 3 star rating, is a GOOD rating in my books. Now onto my review:

I was so excited to get this book for review. I really enjoyed the first book in the series. A set of twins having to grow up to essentially be the exact same person? Cool plot. Of course we know that this persona of “all is well” won’t last. How could it? “The future waits for no one” (quote taken from the story). As with the first book, throughout the story I knew the lulls in action wouldn’t last, and
Lauriane
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Rule of Many is the second installment in The Rule of One series written by Ashley and Leslie Saunders. When I reviewed the first book for my blog, I wrote that I truly enjoyed reading it. So naturally, I requested the second book that picks up a few weeks after book 1. This novel doesn’t disappoint. It presents a great dystopian story.

Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Overall, I thought this was a great sequel to The Rule Of One. There was a lot of action and for the most part, the story kept me glued to the edge of my seat to see what was going to happen. Most of it was pretty unpredictable. Ava and Mira work with members of the Common to unite the country and their missions are dangerous and suspenseful. They even split up at one point to work on their own mission.

So here was my issue with
Lisa Schneider
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the follow up to "The Rule of One." It progresses the story line, but I wasn't as intrigued as I was with the first one. This one was a bit confusing for me, as there is a mess of new characters and I spent too much time going back in the story to try and remember who was who. There wasn't enough back story on the new characters and I guess I just wanted more. I still liked the story and I would read it again for sure!

**I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a
Lauriane
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-dystopian
The advantage of a second book is that all the backstory has been established. Thus, The Rule of Many starts off strong and maintains a fast pace throughout. Two more points of view are introduced, which is effective. I particularly enjoyed reading Owen’s point of view. He is funny and provides another much-needed perspective on the situation. I wish the authors had provided more information on that part. It would have been interesting to have the view of someone not entirely on board with the r ...more
Vonntanice Dent
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every minute.

This series is the best thing I’ve stumbled across in a long while. Thank you! I can’t wait for the next book.
Jessica Creason
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out this and many other reviews on my blog: Meet Your New Favorite Book

This book was AH-MAY-ZING! I LOVED it!!!

I was planning to post about The Rule of One, but all I was worried about after finishing it was seeing what happened next, so instead of writing a review, I immediately started reading this book.

These books were AWESOME! I would have read the first book in a day, if I didn't have to adult so much (ugh). I still zoomed through it in like 2 days.

Until I read this book, I did not
Insert Name Here
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
It feels like a very long time since I read the Rule of One, the first in this series about an overpopulated America enforcing a One Child Rule, apparently having learned nothing from China's experiences with that policy. Ava and Mira, unauthorized twins, spent eighteen years switching off and hiding so that no one would suspect there were two of them, before breaking out and fleeing to Canada. At the start of this novel they're still there, trying to figure out their next move and hooking up wi ...more
Julia
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks
Jelke Lenaerts
May 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I RECEIVED A GALLEY OF THIS THROUGH NETGALLEY

I really enjoyed the first book in this duology so I was really excited to check out the sequel but sadly enough it was just a bit dissapointing. In this book two new perspectives were introduced and I'm just not a big fan of them. I was only interested in Mira and Ava's story and those just kind of dragged down the paste for me. I'm was just also not a big fan of their voices in general. They felt pretty unececary to me. I read the first book in one
Brandon McKay
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rule of Many is a wonderful followup to the series with big action, imaginative sets (seriously, some of the city scenes are epic!), and a larger cast of characters, but most importantly, never sacrifices or loses touch with the heart, comedy, and bonds forged in The Rule of One. It's also nice that Ashley and Leslie Saunders decide to break from the format of The Rule of One and introduce perspectives of different characters. The authors are wonderful at creating characters (I'm still being ...more
sweetpeagjyahoo.com
Great second book

I had completely forgotten that I preordered this book. I'm so glad that I did. Can you imagine living a life where you aren't wanted just because of DNA? I'm not surprised that it's the government working against you instead of with. Each individual has his rightful place, as dictated by the people in power. We should remember that they live better than the average person and each one has their own agenda. Political promises are easily made yet seldom serve the public just the
Marissa
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

A society where twins should not exist where there is a one child rule. A Texas governor is relentless to keep the rules by any means making the girls fugitives. They flee to a safe haven in Canada as they become a part of a rebellion group.

They will meet new allies who are willing to fight the system and free themselves from oppression against the governor. How far will they go to gain the rights of having more than one child?.

It was an alright story but lacked somewha
Alicia Marie
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This takes off in a sprint and doesn't stop throughout the entire book! So much is happening in the battle between The Common and the Texas State Guard and it was genius how the authors broke up things happening simultaneously.

Thanks to Netgalley and Skyscape for allowing me an eARC to read and give my honest review!
Read my complete review of this, the first book in the series, and other books on my bookblog at www.booklovinalicia.blogspot.com

Ashley
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this sequel. It took me a while to get through it since the beginning seemed a bit slow to me. I thought that this was going to be the last book in the series, but apparently not. The way the book ended left me wanting so much more and I need to know what happens next. Unfortunately, I won't find that out for quite a while since this book isn't even released yet. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Donald
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and extremely well written, but somewhat rushed

I love the writing, especially the character development. We know and love these oddballs and misfits.

I feel much like I felt last night after Game of Thrones S8 E5. Rushed. Like a deadline was set, budget inked and we got what was allotted. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wait for the finale. Take your time. I will most likely preorder. But hope time is taken to write the complete novel Ava and Mira deserve.
Megan Fuller
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been waiting months for this book! Yahoo! Just as good as book 1. Did not expect the twists. So excited that there will be a book 3. I was intrigued by the authors so did some research on Ashley and Leslie! What cool authors! My new heroines! Thanks for writing this series.
I can't imagine a life like this.
Rachel Stansel
A good followup to book 1, which has to be read first. While I enjoyed it, it fell a bit flatter than the first. The twins seemed less developed though others were explored more. Overall still good. I enjoy this world and will read book 3!

Full disclosure- I received a copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Sherri Morris
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Common Heros

I loved lessening about Ava and Mira in book 1. Book 2 continue their story and it is no longer the twins against the world. The lines have been drawn and many, many more are supporting the Common than ever thought of. Now to just fInish Roth and all of his evil plans.
Jamie Coudeville
First of all, this is definitely not a duology. The ending had me clamoring for the next (and probably final) book of this installment. I really liked the addition of the 2 new povs, especially Owen. At first, I wasn't sure about them but they sure grew on me fast. The book started off a bit slow but once the pace sped up I was on the edge of my seat until the end.
Kathy
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and full of twists. Can't wait for the next book!
Lisa Schneider
I liked the first book more, but at least the story kept progressing. I will write a more thorough review later.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Ashley Saunders and Leslie Saunders are award-winning filmmakers, twin sisters and authors of the riveting Rule of One series. They live in Los Angeles. Visit them at www.thesaunderssisters.com or follow them on Instagram @saunderssisters.

• The Found (The Lost, #3)
  • PERfunctory AfFECTION
  • The Amish Nanny (Amish Maids #1)
  • The Lady and the Officer (Civil War Heroines #2)
  • A Floating World
  • The Little Black Wedding Dress
  • An Illusion of Thieves (Chimera, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Dukes Are Forever (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #5)
  • Harsh Gods (Shadowside #2)
  • Corpse Eater
  • Forget me not: The Story of One Family's Voyage on the Titanic
  • The Tenth Girl
  • The Infected (PODs, #2)
  • The Red Labyrinth
  • Terminal Uprising  (Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse, #2)
  • Rebel Puritan (A Scandalous Life book 1)
  • Buried
Hailing from the suburbs of Dallas, Texas, Ashley Saunders and Leslie Saunders are award-winning filmmakers and twin sisters who honed their love of storytelling at The University of Texas at Austin. While researching The Rule of One, they fell in love with America’s national parks, traveling the path of Ava and Mira. The sisters can currently be found with their Boston terriers in sunny Los Angel ...more