Start by marking “Resten af mig (What's Left of Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resten af mig (What's Left of Me, #1)

Resten af mig

(What's Left of Me #1)

Indtil nu har en kæreste slet, slet ikke været en af mine prioriteter. Men det har bare en enkelt nat med Parker fuldstændig forandret. Han er vedholdende, og han ved, hvad han vil have – mig! Han behandler mig ikke, som om jeg er skrøbelig. Men han ved heller ikke noget. Og jeg er ikke klar til at fortælle ham det.

Nogle gange er livet skørt. For fire år siden blev jeg ke
Published 2018 by Palatium Books (first published December 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Resten af mig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resten af mig

K
4 Not Much Left of Me Stars!

'Someone once told me that it’s not about whether there is life after you die, but whether you’re alive before you die. I didn't believe I could ever feel alive again. Not until Parker.' I am Aundrea McCall, and I am a survivor.'
Cancer.
It can break you.
Or it can make you stronger.
I choose stronger.
I choose survival.

Wow, this one's a tearjerker!

What's Left of Me had me hooked from the first page! I rarely put it down, only when necessary, for I had to find out what
Jessica's Book Review
What’s Left Of Me had me at EVERY page! I couldn’t put down my Kindle to eat, to clean, to sleep until I read to the end. It is such an emotional, yet sexy, fun, and sad read all in one. Because of books like What’s Left of Me is why I LOVE to read and why I LOVE book boyfriends because I have a new one and his name is Parker Jackson… he’s all mine ladies!

description

description

I was immediately drawn into the story from the first page. What’s Left of Me is written in the point of view of 21 year-old Aundrea. At firs
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4 stars.

"I am Aundrea McCall, and I am a survivor."

Aundrea was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 17 and apparently it decides to come back again four years later.

photo 783795_zps0a7f90a5.gif

She moves in with her adopted sister, Genna, to Rochester while getting treatment. While out one night with a friend at the club shaking her booty she meets hottie Parker. (Ok, technically she met him in the bathroom but whatever.)

twerk photo p1Q73Ox_zpsa32f01b7.gif

They go back to his apartment and have some super hot sexxy times...

Aundrea tries to bail on her o
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Cancer Sucks and Parker Kicks Ass--Stars!!

Despite the heavy undertones of the book, the blurb grabbed me. I knew this was going to be sad. I knew it was going to hurt my heart. But I was also hoping that it would make me smile too. And it did...and it make me sigh and it made me laugh.

"My life changed the night I met Parker. He has shown me that it is possible to carry on with the life I was meant to live, showing the world that even though I was dealt a shitty hand in life, I still took
Jeannine Allison
4.5 Stars (Re-Read 7/28/2017)

5 Stars (First Read 6/1/2015)

**FREE on Amazon**

HOLY. SHIT. I have so much to say, and yet I'm speechless at the same time. I have a mild headache and red, puffy cheeks from crying so hard. This book made me feel so much... the good and the bad. I absolutely loved it, even minor annoyances seemed inconsequential to how much I enjoyed this. I'll address those first, so I can gush about this novel for the rest of my review:

1) There were a few editing errors, or really
Rachael Orman
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll start by saying that I am a cancer survivor for 10 years now so when I read the blurb about a girl that was going through chemo and falling in love while doing it, I had to read it. I met my husband while going through chemo so it really rang home for me. I completely related to Aundrea going through her chemo and hiding it from Parker. She didn't want to be treated like the sick girl, she wanted to be treated normal. We watch as their relationship develops even while seeing how hard it is ...more
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* by: Sara Minor

This is such a soul touching and heartbreaking book!

Not your everyday kind of book, this is deep and despite the depth of the book, this is one that's going to captivate you at every single page.

I devoured this book in one day!

Aundrea McCall, is sick...
Not your everyday kind of illness.
She has cancer.

Battling the fight to survive for the last four years Aundrea is tired of it all....

Despite beating cancer once, it's come back. And now the treatment fierce.

In the darkness of her disease, she mee
Amanda Maxlyn
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
FREE right now on iBooks!! Grab your copy today!!

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
What’s Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn
5 stars!!

“I don’t even feel like I’m a woman anymore. I look in the mirror, and all I see is this skinny, pale, empty, hairless body that has become unrecognizable. If everything that represents who I am is gone, then what’s left of me?”

This is one of those books that will stay with you for a long time! Everyone who knows me, knows that I am an emotional sap and I do cry…often, but this one had me in a complete and utter mess, I was destroyed, red puffy eyes, em
Brandi
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is heavy. The harsh reality is that most of us have been affected by cancer in some way, at times I was overwhelmed. What's Left of Me is an achingly beautiful story about a young woman's struggle, not only to survive, but to overcome her fears.

I don't even feel like a woman anymore. I look in the mirror, and all I see is this skinny, pale, empty, hairless body that has become unrecognizable. If everything that represents who I am is gone, then what's left of me.

Aundrea's life has re
Johanna
*~*~*~3~3.5 Live life to the fullest stars*~*~*~*
 photo PicMonkeyCollage_zps3f427862.jpg
Someone once told me that it's not about whether there is life after you die, but whether you're alive before you die.

What's Left of Me is a story about surviving, living, and love. We are introduced to Andrea McCall. Andrea isn't your typical 22 year old, she lives her life in fear and never foresees a future. At 17 years old she was diagnosed with cancer and went into remission. It is not until four years later that her cancer comes knocking a
Nic
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
5+++Stars WOW! What an incredible story!!! Powerful, Beautiful, Sexy! <3 <3 Make sure this one is on your TBR.

I have read some incredible books lately but I don't think any of them have moved me quite the way What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn did! I think this is the most powerful book I have read so far in 2013 <3 I remember reading the prologue thinking, this books is going to completely destroy me and I'm happy to report it did not! Now that being said, I was taken on one hell of an
Ash
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was freaking beautiful
I loved it - all the sad, happy, smile worthy, beautiful, tragic, crazy moments

I laughed, and I smiled....I teared up, but I also down right started sobbing. WOW, this book.....I've read a lot of books where another character has cancer....but I don't think i've read one where the main character did...and this was....very detailed. It was a really sad story, but it was so engaging, powerful even....I highly rec this book

The plot twist near the end had me freaking
Brandee - Brandee's Book Endings
ON SALE FOR ONLY $.99 - UNTIL 2/7/14!
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1bBEoPU
B&N: http://bit.ly/JcM2X6
Kobo: http://bit.ly/19FDgYv
Itunes: http://bit.ly/18XUAgS

Amanda Maxlyn - Author has captured my heart with this achingly beautiful debut novel full of all you could ask for and more….strength, laughter, courage, family, friendship, raw emotion, love and most importantly hope. You will fall in love with these characters and pray they will get their happily ever after.
Maayan
What an emotional journey! The writer caught all the emotions of all the characters just in the right way! I connected with the heroine from beginning to end .. she is so powerful! All what she went through .. She always tries to be strong for those around her. She's a fighter and I encouraged her along the way. I felt her fears, her pain, and i fell in love along with her with Parker (I found a new book boyfrien Ladies!) he is Amazing! What a perfection! He has the whole package! What he did fo ...more
Bookworm ♥
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
1 BILLION BEAUTIFUL HEART WRENCHING STARS ♥♥♥
I absolutely loved this book. I cried my eyes out and I couldn’t put What's Left of Me down I was hooked once I started it. I loved Aundrea and Parker from the beginning.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Polly
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Loved this book! Parker was the perfect guy. Super sweet and hot.

Why not 5 stars? The ending just didn't sit well with me. It ended on a low note when it shouldn't have. Maybe it's setting up for another book? I don't know. I would have rather it gone out with a great epilogue and been done.
Priya
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If the author was trying to give me a heart attack, then she really succeeded In that with her epilogue, coz for a while my heart stopped beating.
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW AMANDA???

A really emotional, heart warming book. I think this is the most underrated book I have read till now and it just makes me sad.

This book is really good on so many levels. It really makes you appreciate all the small things in life. You should live life to its fullest. You never know what's gonna happen next.
It really show
Annie Brewer
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book hard!!! So hard! Amanda, I'm speechless! So amazing!!!!! <3

~Full review to come~
Tough Critic Book Reviews
When stars really don't matter…until they do, but then they don't…or do they?

WHY AM I ALWAYS THE ONLY ONE!!

Okay so maybe I'm not the only one, but I seem to be one of the first people not shitting tears or wanting to make sweet sweet love to this book. Maybe my heart is defective, or maybe just maybe…I have a good reason for my rating. I'll attempt to explain.

Amanda Maxlyn can write! How many times have I reviewed a book where I incessantly complain about how I liked the "idea" of a book or love
Beth
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amanda Maxlyn is a debut author? This is her first published book? I can't freakin' believe it because she knocked it out of the park with WHAT'S LEFT OF ME. I have read so many great books lately from some established authors and Amanda is right there with the best of them. Frankly, WHAT'S LEFT OF ME is as honest and emotionally gripping as anything you would read from Colleen Hoover.

This book hooked me right out of the gate. The first ten percent was smoking' H-O-T! I was literally fanning mys
Katie
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wonder what other people think of this heroine... The struggles she's had, the way she pushes the hero away. Her worries about things that may seem insignificant to those who've never experienced what she has and continues to experience time and time again.

I personally judge this subject matter very harshly. Having gone through (very similar) cancer treatments in my 20s as Aundrea, it is very important to me as a reader that the author does the homework and get the emotions pertaining to the
Amanda
 photo da3b031d345be1fa23a11bdd86be7717_zps5qkubftf.png
Items ticked off: 10

Despite what my status updates on this book might imply, I did like this one. When it comes to NA, I rarely say that. For a New Adult story this is a really good one. It never felt too tropey, and that's one gigant plus in my book these days. A New Adult story that isn't tropey, believe that I will be all over it. And I was. What's Left of Me is much enjoyed by my friends and I had high expectations, maybe a little too high.

What's Left of Me is the story of Aundrea. She's b
VEL
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know from the synopsis that this is likely to be an emotional book!

Amanda Maxlyn sure does get your emotions rolling!

Aundrea is a strong, level headed, beautiful lady suffering from Cancer. The author really draws you with how she is dealing with this disease, in fact you feel as if you are physically with her holding her hand!

Then we have the charismatic, absolutely adorable Parker. They have good chemistry between them. A one night stand is what she needs, to be young carefree and for on
Sara
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5--grab a box of tissues and hold on tight--stars. Review to come.
Lucy
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh i very nearly gave this book one star!! fab story, could definitely read more! <3
Three Chicks
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Aundrea (her friends call her Dre) has been battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma since she was 17. She is at the point in her disease that her treatment is no longer effective and a bone marrow transplant (from her own marrow) is necessary. She has some strong chemo treatments that she needs to get through so she can receive the transplant. She is staying with her sister and her brother-in-law. Her parents have made numerous financial sacrifices for her-they lost their house in the process of paying her
sue
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted this book to read by the author Amanda Maxlyn. I had the pleasure of reading this as an ARC and let me say, it was a delight to read.

A young girl going through the throws of Cancer, finding herself undergoing yet more treatment, having to wear a wig that was not obvious to people who had not met her before.
All she wanted, was to be treated 'normal'. Not for people to see her and the cancer. Just her.

She goes out one night with friends in the haste to be accepted and just be a normal
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea
Dhini
10+++ Stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

BEST.BOOK.EVER !!!!!!

It was a poignant, amazing, beautifully written love story..
I couldn't stop crying.
And YES, I loved every single page of this book ❤❤❤
The story tells you how to live your life, to be alive, to love, to cherish your friendship, your relationship with your parents, your brother or sister..

“It’s not about whether there is life after you die, but whether you’re alive before you die.”

I'm in love with Parker Cade Jackson and I'm in awe at Aundrea Leigh McC
YA Buddy Readers'...: What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn ---> Starting October 10th, 2015 1 8 Sep 24, 2015 01:21PM
SPOILER- HEA?? 10 187 Jan 01, 2014 08:51PM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Dear Emily (Forever Family, #1)
  • Beautiful Failure (Beautiful, #1)
  • Therapy (Therapy #1)
  • Cursive
  • Running Barefoot
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Skipping Stones
  • Today Only
  • To Catch a Falling Star (Crossing Stars, #2)
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • Three Hearts, One Soul (Soul, #1)
  • Let It Be Me
  • Lost in France (Firebird Trilogy, #1)
  • Every Rose (Every Rose, #1)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Fighting Back (Mercy's Angels, #2)

What's Left of Me (2 books)
  • What's Left of Us (What's Left of Me, #2)
“You're scared, but just because you can't see your future, doesn't mean I can't. I see it clearly because I can see mine.” 24 likes
“To the normal person, waking up on Mondays can suck. Let's face it: who enjoys having to wake up early on a Monday to start your week over again? For me, it is something I've missed. I swear, when I beat this cancer I will never complain about it again. Why? Because it means I'm healthy. It means that it is a day other than Saturday. It means I have something to do, or somewhere else to be, other than at home, sick and feeling helpless.” 16 likes