Start by marking “The Earth Gives More” as Want to Read:
The Earth Gives More

The Earth Gives More

From leaves falling and becoming fertilizer to raindrops bringing plants to life in the spring, the cycle of every season has something to enjoy. While delighting in all nature offers, we need to remember to respect and treasure the world around us. This sweet rhyming story follows the change in seasons and illustrates how we can all be stewards of the Earth.
Published March 1st 2019 by Albert Whitman Company

To ask other readers questions about The Earth Gives More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earth Gives More

Start your review of The Earth Gives More
La Coccinelle
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
This lovely rhyming picture book follows the changing of the seasons and shows children and their families enjoying, respecting, and giving back to nature.

The majority of the text is done in rhyming couplets, with exceptions for the bits that talk about the Earth giving. I think it all flows rather well.

I like the illustrations in this one. There's plenty to look at! The pictures go through the changing seasons, highlighting various activities that are common in the different times of year. The
Jared White
I like the ideas behind the text but it's not my favorite. I do like that this book is about so many outdoor activities you can do throughout the seasons and helping to care for the earth.

I also like that it not only has a wide range of racial diversity but also has a character in a wheelchair who appears a few times. This is a very important type of representation because it allows those who are in wheelchairs to see themselves reflected as a "kid just being a kid" (with no special focus on
Abby Johnson
Rhyming text takes us through the seasons in a neighborhood, focusing on what nature is doing during different seasons and what people can be doing to take care of the Earth. Clean up the beaches, use fallen leaves to help fertilize your flower beds, etc. This book is a celebration of all the Earth gives us and a plea for us to do what we can to give back to the Earth.
Amanda
Don't know, something about this just left me wanting a bit more. It has lovely pictures with plenty of diversity and charming details; flows through the seasons beautifully; the rhymes aren't annoying; and it talks about simple ways of caring for our Earth; and yet....

It just didn't click with me.
Alyssa Gudenburr
A PERFECT book for Earth day! This would make a great elementary read aloud to inspire children to take care of the earth.
Kelly
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The illustrations are just okay, but it's the story that makes the book.
Morgan
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A joyful and diverse celebration of our incredible planet - as well as an important reminder to "love, respect, befriend, protect" this beautiful blue marble we call home.
Elisabeth
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect for preschool teachers wanting earth day books, actually it's perfect for Earthlings in general.
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
An excellent choice for Earth Day programs.
Syntha Green
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A celebration of the Earth
Ms Threlkeld
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lyrical celebration of nature with a message to take of our planet.
Sandy
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A touching rhyming picture book that would be a great fit for an Earth Day story time.
Coach D
Nov 09, 2019
Angie  Moore
Jul 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Goodbye, Friend! Hello, Friend!
  • Max Attacks
  • The Little Guys
  • ¡Vamos! Let's Go to the Market
  • Small World
  • The Very Impatient Caterpillar
Sue Fliess ("fleece") is the bestselling author of Robots, Robots Everywhere! and How to Trap a Leprechaun, and more than 25 other children's books including Mrs. Claus Takes the Reins, Mary Had a Little Lab, A Fairy Friend, Tons of Trucks, and many Little Golden Books. Her books have sole over 850,000 copies worldwide. Her background is in copywriting and PR/marketing, and her essays have ...more