Start by marking “I Used to Be Famous” as Want to Read:
I Used to Be Famous

I Used to Be Famous

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  17 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Kiely's been famous her entire life, but when a baby sister appears on the scene, she feels like a has-been. Now Kiely has to figure out how to gain back the attention of her adoring fans (her family), even if it means sharing the spotlight.
Expected publication: April 1st 2019 by Albert Whitman Company

To ask other readers questions about I Used to Be Famous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Used to Be Famous

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Becky Shillington
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kiely is back and poised for another blockbuster in this adorable, plucky follow up to I AM FAMOUS. Now a pro at all things Showbiz, she’s ready to sit back and bask in the glow of her fame when, one day, the spotlight shifts and an unwelcome co-star crawls on stage—a brand new baby sister! Flabbergasted, Kiely tries to upstage the stinky little moppet with every scene-stealing trick she knows, but eventually she admits defeat. When the kid turns her megawatt cuteness her way, however, Kiely beg ...more
Meera Sriram
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this wonderful sequel to "I Am Famous," Kiely's baby sister is the new, rising star at home - NOT Kiely. And that's excruciatingly frustrating for Kiely... until she realizes the greater joy from sharing the spotlight! With the right balance of spunk and charm, Kiely wins our heart while making it relatable to children her age. The illustrations capture the cuteness and delight of sibling bonding and childhood imagination. "I Used to be Famous," is a meaningful story that doesn't fail to ente ...more
Megan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved I Am Famous, but this sequel is even cuter, if that's possible! It's an age-old problem -- the older child gets upstaged by the new baby in the family. But this time, it's really a stage and the older child's struggle is depicted so incredibly well. This book will help every child who is facing that uncertainty of "where do I fit now?" when a new baby arrives. Definitely worth buying for that family expecting a new baby but also just so cute that it's an asset to every family library. Ki ...more
Margaret
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The sequel of I am Famous, this cute picture book picks up with the fame-loving Kiely struggling to share the spotlight with her new baby sister. At first shocked and horrified to learn that baby sis is stealing her spotlight, Kiely learns that being a big sister can have advantages, especially for paparazzi-loving girls like her. With super cute illustrations and a likable voice, there is a lot here to like for all picture book lovers, but this would be a great gift and story to share with boys ...more
Johnell Dewitt
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A solid sequel to I Am Famous by the same authors and illustrator. Kiely's relatable personality shines through again as she realizes that little sister is stealing her limelight. Kiely navigates the typical feelings of sibling rivalry as she tries to re-capture the attention of her 'fans.' Kiely makes peace with the new situation in a perfectly Kiely way that will endear her again to both the child and parent reader. A fun bedtime read.
Lisa
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kiely returns! The sequel to I Am Famous! is just what her fans were waiting for, and will also delight those who haven’t yet met this instantly relatable star. Kiely, a “triple threat” adored for her many talents, is dismayed to be upstaged by a baby sister. She convincingly navigates her new role and wins hearts again. Clever humor and engaging illustrations make this book a fun read which will have special appeal to families with a new sibling.
Samantha
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kiely is back and she's ready to take center stage again...only something isn't quite right. A new arrival to the family throws Kiely for a loop. How can this star compete with the adorable new talent?
Bringing the same sass and spunk seen in I AM FAMOUS, Tara Luebbe and Becky Cattie create a unique and creative spin on the older/younger sibling relationship. A must read for all older (and younger) siblings!
Jennifer Barr
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it's hard being the older sister! Adorable story about Kiely, whose family has turned their attention to the new baby in the house. Kiely USED to be famous and now has to get creative! Eye catching art that will grab attention, easy to understand language, and a strong lesson about adjusting to new situations - plus a ton of costume changes! A fantastic follow up to I AM FAMOUS.
Vale  Mendy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jen Bagan
Shelves: pb-humorous
Great sequel to I Am Famous! Superstar Kiely gets taken down a peg when baby sister arrives. She desperately tries to cling to the spotlight but it seems her fans have moved on. With sweet and funny scenarios, the authors create a relatable story that will leave readers cheering for Kiely and her new co-star.
R. J. Koehn
Shelves: picture-books
Kiely returns in the sequel to I AM FAMOUS! Her fans have deserted her and she finds them showering a new celebrity with all their attention. My favorite aspect of this sibling book is that the used-to-be-famous Kiely discovers that, although she seems to have lost her original fan club, she's gained one very important fan. Together, they can continue to be FAMOUS!
Jess
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet sequel to I Am Famous by the same writing and illustration team. Kiely used to be famous, but when her paparazzi seems to skip town, she discovers another starlet has stolen her spotlight. She faces the dilemma that all children do when a new member joins the family: fight for center stage or find a way to form an ensemble.
Margaret
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another adorable book by Tara Luebbe and Becky Cattie about when Kiely finds herself pushed out of the spotlight by her baby sister. Kiely's fun voice and spunky personality shine in this sequel to "I Am Famous." Perfect for any kid who finds themselves sharing attention with a younger sibling.
Viviane Elbee
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is an adorable sequel to I AM FAMOUS, and this time, the spunky main character Kiely has a new baby sister that she has to share the spotlight with. There's plenty of humor in this new sibling story.
I was fortunate to be able to look at an ARC - can't wait to get my hands on the real book.
Danna Smith
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a darling sequel to I AM FAMOUS! In this story, the fabulously famous Kiely is upstaged by her little sister...until Kiely learns there is room enough for two on the stage. The fun, fabulous antics and darling illustrations will have your little star asking for an encore!
Charlotte Offsay
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book and LOVED it! The main character is hilarious and the illustrations are beautiful. A heartwarming story that is a must have for any house bringing home a new sibling.
Ginny
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A super-cute sequel, and a fun, heart-warming, and contemporary take on the arrival of a new baby in the family. Sure to resonate with big sisters and big brothers too.
Tara Luebbe
Sep 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Beth Luebbe