Start by marking “Love Looks Pretty on You” as Want to Read:
Love Looks Pretty on You

Love Looks Pretty on You

The much anticipated new book by international bestselling author Lang Leav. A breathtakingly beautiful collection of contemporary poetry and prose, offering powerful insights into love, heartbreak, relationships, and self-empowerment.

Filled with wisdom and encouragement, every single page is a testament to the power of words, and the impact they can have on the relations
Published January 29th 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

Start your review of Love Looks Pretty on You
Jessica
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
I’m such a huge fan of Lang Leav so when I saw this book, I just had to buy it!

I always love how organized Lang’s collections are. She knows how to come up with with an overarching theme and how to follow it. She never tries too hard to make her poems fit into the theme. That is very true with this collection. It was effortless the way the poems came together to convey her message.

However, for some reason, there was something missing from this collection. I can’t quite place it, but it was lac
[Shai] Bibliophage
I've already read all the works of Lang Leav, from her poetry books to her very first novel. In her last published book, Sea of Strangers, I mentioned that it is the best anthology she has written but with this new release, I think it might have surpassed the aforementioned because I think 80% of the content of this book is quite fabulous. I like that there is a lot of the poetry and prose in this collection that empowers readers, especially the women.
Love Looks Pretty On You by Lang Leav
Some of the poems and prose about lo
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
And if ever you find my name slipping from your memory, I can promise you, by the time this year is through, you will never forget it again.

Lang Leav was my first contemporary poetry love, and no matter how many collections she releases, I genuinely don't believe I'll ever stop adoring them. She always seems to know exactly the right things to say, and when I pick up one of her books, always, it feels like coming home.

Our salvation will only come if we stand together.

Love Looks Pretty o
Gabby
”The world is hard
When you’re in between
Your future world
And childhood dreams”

I enjoyed this poetry, it’s about love, abuse, anxiety, falling in love and falling out of it and finding yourself. It’s so honest and this poet has a lovely way with words and some of them actually made me tear up a little?? Some of the poems about youth really got to me.

“Here’s the story of my life. Hoping they would care about me or wishing they wouldn’t care so much.”
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
This came to me at an important time in my life.

Everything is a mess, and my mind is so loud that it's hard to breath. Lang's collection matched all my thoughts and emotions. Love and longing, loss and emptiness.
A Long Time Ago

Everything feels sentimental these days, every song feels loaded, feels somehow directed at me. Every emotion is heightened tenfold, your fingertips leaving burn marks on my skin.

I think it only feels this way for me when things are beginning or when they're ending.

And my
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

DNF

Trigger warning: None up till the point I read.

I received this E-ARC via the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I’ve heard about Leav’s poetry collections. Most people rave about them. Having come across a review with some quotes that I really liked I requested it. Unfortunately I didn’t like it.

I hesitate to call this poetry. Some of it read like random thoughts that were penned right away. There were pages where there was only a sentence.

While I did l
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, poetry
ARC kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

It's a decent poetry collection about all kinds of love. It's slightly better than the author's other collection but it lacked an emotional impact. However, there are a few standouts like: Vultures, What You Wish For, Loyalty, First Steps, Idols, and The Friendship Bond.
alex
thank you netgalley for providing me with this arc in exchange for an, ahem, honest review

i don't know why i thought leav would've changed. why would she change when the old garbage has worked out so well for her? still, i found myself downloading this book from netgalley just to see.

and folx... it's still awful poetry. i really don't think much of it can even be classified as poetry.

what killed me was the poem where she put a disclaimer: 'written at twelve years of age.' it seemed to me at the
Justine
Love Looks Pretty on You came to me as a surprise, this is better than her earlier works. I tried her poetry books it’s a tricky relationship but with her novel, phew, that blew my socks off.

What I noticed as a whole is that it felt a bit detached, it lacks the emotion mostly present in her poetry books. Some love pieces that felt monotonous in voice.

However, it brought me to a strong impression of the uplifting and eye-opening encouragement I got from Love Looks Pretty on You. The author shone
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The writing seems lazy, repetitive and somewhat monotonous.
I loved her previous books much more than this one. I know it feels inappropriate to comparw but as this book is written on similar lines I felt the need to compare.
Well, the lines are not gripping or not that interesting in this one. Meaning not hard hitting as they set out to be.
The book talks about maturity, abusive relationship, anxiety, love, break ups, being strong as a woman, accepting her own self as we all should.
It would have b
Aya
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, feminism
"I have buried myself so deep in my words that sometimes I don't know if I am the person writing or hiding between the lines"

I really enjoyed this collection! I had my eyes on Lang Leav collections for a while, but never picked them up because modern poetry are hit or miss for me.
And I am glad to say I liked this collection by her. I need to check out more of her works.

This collection is all about women empowerment and has lots of feminist themes, mixed with other poems about love and heart
☾ Nikki. ✿
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some cute poems that I really liked💛 I need to read more poetry books. I haven’t done so in a while!

Four stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Vya
Jan 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley, poetry
My first Lang Leav, and I must say I'm disappointed. This reads more like diary entries or a collection of personal thoughts. The problem is, they don't evoke any feeling nor rich in imagery. They are not deep, nor they trigger me into some deep contemplation. Most of them are flat and forgettable.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for providing a review copy.
Gayathri
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read the full review at Elgee Writes

I am sure Lang Leav is no stranger to any of us. And in her sixth book she has brought her magic back. I kept underlining her and highlighting so many of her lines, especially the ones about abuse in relationships and being a strong woman.

When my best friend told me
she was in love
my first thought was,
‘I hope he is good to her.’
And it suddenly occurred to me,
what I held in my heart for her
was hope, when it should
have been expectation.

I love that her prose/poet
steph⁷
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I think this is the universe's way of telling me that Lang Leav and I need to part ways, it's been great but her work has gone from profound to generic Hallmark card statements. There's better poetry to be read, the end. ...more
Chapters And Sparkles
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, contemporary, poetry
MY THOUGHTS
Love Looks Pretty on You is the first Lang Leav's novel that I have read and I must say that I am not disappointed. I really enjoyed reading this book and it is surprising that the mentioned topics could be represented this good way. The book tells a story of a woman fighting against her feelings. At some point, she is loved and she feels pretty. She can freely say that she is happy. That kind of happy that makes her rethink her emotional state. Is she really completely happy? Her hea
aqilahreads
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
love looks pretty on you is a collection of contemporary poetry & prose exploring love, heartbreak, relationships and self-empowerment.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5. FINALLY!!!! a LL book that i really enjoyed reading throughout as i find myself being able to relate most of her poetry. i have felt in her earlier works that she talks a little too much about love & heartbreak & being in love. which is nothing wrong at all - its probably just me that couldnt relate. she has proved herself as a matured writer in this
Brittney Andrews (beabookworm)
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Good lord, Lang Leav has a way with words.

I first fell in love with her work when I read came across some poems on Pinterest that were from her Memories collection. UH-MAZING.

Her poetry is relatable, passionate, stimulating and thought-provoking. It just doesn't disappoint.

Shut Out

I felt it every day, that feeling of exclusion. Like a gradual
drop in temperature. A slow freezing out of a world I once
belonged to. I was nudged ever so slowly toward the exit, I
didn't even see the door. I only rea
Renata
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a lovely read, it's the first book I read from this author but I'll probably read more.

"I don't know why I am like this.
People ask me why I can't do
anything without jumping through
a thousand thoughts, like hoops.
But sometimes I wonder if my
inability to function in the real
world is really such a bad thing. I
wonder if that's why I've spent so
much time sheltered in my
imagination.

And because I can't live in the real
world, I create worlds to belong to.
And I wonder if the very thing
Emma
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was not my first Lang Leav's book, I think I read all her previous poetry collections before this. Every time it's a nice surprise to find some of myself in her works. This book was no exception. There are poems that are empowering and others that are sweet and tender. But there are also poems about lost love.
If you enjoy poetry I highly recommend this collection.
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, contemporary
"In the wrong hands, your past is a weapon."

---

To be honest, I haven't read much poetry before, but I've heard a lot about Lang Leav, so I wanted to give this work a try. The prose itself was beautiful and her prose and poetry on misogyny was well done, but overall I thought it was a bit shallow and contradictory. Perhaps I'm just not the right audience for this sort of work. I've never had an all encompassing love (sadly) so I couldn't truly relate.

However, I will say that some of Leav's poems

Anusha Narasimhan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the message in this poetry collection and found a lot of the lines quotable. It offered a feminist outlook which was quite relatable. I didn't like the style of writing, which is just my personal preference. If you are a fan of modern poetry, you would not have this issue and I'd recommend this book to you.

Note: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. This has not influenced my review in any way.
Erika Sarutobi
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The collection of poems were more about loss than love. It didn't really match with the title. ...more
lily ☁️
“It was the mood of the time, the feeling of forever. The sense we could live and die by our word and never regret a thing.”

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
Reem Ghabbany
same with every lang leav book lol
I've read every poetry book she wrote and I always end up rating them 3 stars
her poetry is simple and easy to touch the heart but sometimes they're too simple and too repetitive and just not eloquent enough
but still, overall, I enjoyed this book
Sarah Marie
Love Looks Pretty on You by Lang Leav

“She felt a surge of joy that warmed her so unexpectedly, so completely—it was as though it had been waiting for her all this time. Waiting among the flowers.”

Lang Leav is a famous name that is synonymous with modern poetry. Her works have taken the publishing industry by storm and influenced a lot of poets in the process. This is my first time picking up one of her works and this is the most cohesive of the poetry collections I’ve come across. I w

Marta :}
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I really liked this poetry collection, it was tender and very touching. I adored the themes in this one, how falling in love was represented here.
It's probably my favorite book from Lang Leav after Love & Misadventures, it restored my faith in the author and her writing.
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review (available from 26th Jan, 2019): http://swiftcoffee.blog/2019/01/26/lo...

This collection of poems was exactly what I expected it to be: a quick, easy read that filled my soul and calmed my brain.

What to call this book? Poetry, guide, reminiscence? Some poems were painfully adequate for me, others I could relate to with my past self (selves?). The poet actually does a lot of talking to her old self. What's more, there's even a poem she wrote when she was only 12! And it completely mat
Courtney Whisenant
This book is a gift so I'm glad I waited until I was in the right mood to receive it. I found a kindred spirit in the words and was left with a feeling of hope and validation. The title, Love Looks Pretty on You, captures the essence of the book. It was distinctly feminine without any of the negative connotations I associate with modern feminists. My two favorite quotes are "Don't stay where you are needed. Go where you are loved." and "The less you speak, the more weight your words will carry w ...more
Tichana  (The Book Hobbit)
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, 2021
****3.5 Stars****

Time goes by and your world gets so much smaller. Your heart grows so much bigger.

He only wants you
when he can't have you.
So why don't you give him
what he wants.

Reading Love Looks Pretty on You felt very relative. I liked how Leav wrote about her life experiences but any reader could relate. I love how she articulates herself. So very poetic even with her simplest ideas.

It was an easy, calm, and very much needed book. Especially in times like these, when the lockdo

• Winter of Summers
  • Cult of Two
  • Dirty Pretty Things
  • Bitter Sweet Love
  • Smoke & Mirrors
  • The Last Time I'll Write About You
  • The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #3)
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Healing the Heart (Pillow Thoughts #2)
  • Empty Bottles Full of Stories
  • Aphrodite Made Me Do It
  • You Are Here
  • The Dark Between Stars
  • The Chaos of Longing
  • The Truth About Magic
  • Every Word You Cannot Say
  • Mending the Mind (Pillow Thoughts, #3)
Novelist and poet, Lang Leav is an international bestselling author and winner of a Qantas Spirit of Youth Award, Churchill Fellowship and Goodreads Choice Award. Often credited with popularizing poetry among a new generation of young readers, Lang’s poetry books, and hit novel, Sad Girls continue to top best seller charts around the world.

Lang has been featured on CNN, SBS Australia, Intelligence