Start by marking “Boss” as Want to Read:
Boss

Boss

“We play by my rules now.”
—Kit, the new boss

Who does Kit Walker think he is? The trust-fund heir waltzes in and wants to boss me around, but if I catch him misbehaving, his father will yank his inheritance. Stalemate, right? Not when our chemistry is irresistible! Ironically, we run the top dating app. Could this be my “perfect match”…or the perfect scandal?
—Alexandra, t
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 224 pages
Published March 1st 2019 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boss

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳No matter what or where, I will always be drawn to anything by Katy Evans and this beauty is calling my name...

➳As a true fan of Katy's work, I will never back down to reading any of her novels! Especially when it's a steamy, office romance that will have you wanting more. This kind of romance is the type of romance that Katy is known for and deserves every form of appreciation because of it. Kit Walker and Alexandra will stand tall with power and determination as individuals. When they first
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alexandra Croft is a gorgeous, ambitious 24 yr. old woman who lives in Chicago and works for the city's top dating app company, Cupid's Arrow. As head of her department she's in charge of the design team, and prides herself on her hard work and dedication to her job. She likes to be in control, and usually has free reign as the CEO's prize employee. Then she learns the owner is retiring and leaving. He's stepping down and filling his position with his youngest so
Bookphenomena (Micky)
The premise for BOSS is the kind of book that promises a trope I enjoy. An office, heated dislike, slight forbidden element and chemistry. Alex was the boss under the owner of a dating app company but the owner decided to pass the reins on to his errant son, Kit.

Kit was arrogant, normally polished but inexperienced in business. I liked the idea of Alex mentoring him, even if he didn’t. Alex was a strong character initially but she had elements of flakiness. Alex was naturally attracted to Kit an
Jemima
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had everything I wanted. I grew up reading Harlequin books..they were always filled with stories of irresistible men and gorgeous female protagonist who's stories made this romantic heart swoon.
Having been a fan of Katy Evans's for years now, It was a no brainer that I was really excited to read BOSS.

Boss by Katy Evans so much fun! Super sexy, steamy and it has one of my favourite tropes, Office romance! Wohoo!

So If you are in a mood for a sexy office romance that is short but satisf
Book Maniac Forever

4.5 "Miss Croft" Stars
Katy Evans is always an author I look forward to read. She constantly achieves to create remarkable couples with intense chemistry. Boss isn’t an exception with its irresistible hero and feisty heroine that just are the perfect match. It’s a swoon worthy read for sure!

"This sexy man is playing my heart like a guitar, and all I want is for him to keep up this insane melody."

Alexandra Croft is driven and very focused on her career. When her boss retires and introduc
Snow
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Despite the fact that Katy Evans wrote MY Remy...I can't say that any book of hers after that was a stunner...

Either my expectations are way too high or I just can't find that groove in Ms Evans' books...I have to say this story was simply 'meh' for me...with unfortunately totally forgetable characters...*shrugs*

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This is weird but while reading this when Kit was mentioned I always thought of Kit Harington, weird I know I don't even like that one.. Maybe because it's a rare name? At least it is for me.

Personally I didn't felt the connection they had otherwise I would've loved this one. Katy Evans can write captivating and exciting reads, but this one didn't meet my expectations.
It was good, but I wanted to feel more love?

The epilogue was quite nice, it made me swoon!
Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
ARC received thanks to publisher & Netgalley.
A.S.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
What is going on?

I have been slogging my way through a string of bad books written by some of the authors I love and count on for really good reads. This is one more to add to the list.

I am a fan of the 'boss' trope. But I didn't like this. I didn't like the H. I really didn't like the the h. She was a uptight, short-sighted, self-absorbed, self-righteous prig. And she was not nice. Strong women don't 'own the room' by behaving like a tyrant. The best potential for conflict was eliminated early
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

ADORABLE!
This was your typical little office romance, but I loved it. It wasn't anything new, or über-exciting-interesting. But I really adored Alex and Kit. It was sweet and sexy and funny. Adorable office romance with a sexy british boss! Cute!
Can't wait to read the story of Kit's brother BIG SHOT!

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Amber
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not even sure where to start on this book. It’s the first one I’ve read by Katy Evans and definitely won’t be the last. I really enjoyed reading Boss and can’t wait to read William’s story. I really loved the characters, especially the connection between Alex and Kit. They were hot and juicy and I loved it. I did wish there was more of Ellie, in fact she’d be cute with William or maybe even have her own story. This book will have you swooning from beginning to end and leave you wanting so mu ...more
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Let's start by talking about what I liked. First things first, Kit and Alex used condoms every time they had sex. Every. Single. Time. Yes, yes, yes. Review over, 5 stars we can all go home for the night and no one needs to listen to my safe book-sex rant.

Sadly things can't be that easy. As much as I appreciate proper safety precautions in romance novels, and I know I'm going to be in the minority here I really struggled with this review. I love Katy Evans, and eagerly devour everything she wri
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I was so happy when Katy Evans' announced she would be releasing a book for Harlequin Desire. I knew this book would be quick and steamy, and thankfully Katy didn't disappoint. She writes alpha heroes so well, and Kit Walker is full of alpha goodness. I couldn't get enough of his and Alexandra's story! If you like office romances with a strong heroine, I highly recommend you read Boss!

Full review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description
It's no mystery that in the last couple years or so, Katy Evans has become one of my favorite authors. I'm loving everything she brings to the table, however, when I first read the synopsis for Boss, I have to be honest and say, I was a tad bit skeptical. Office romances are a hit or miss with me, either I love them or I highly dislike them. There is no middle ground when it comes to this trope. To say I was scared to dive into this one would be a complete understatement. Well, the verdict is in
~Dawn~TUG
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, quick read from the always enjoyable words of Ms Evans!
YaYa
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

A nice, quick insta-love story with a strong female and male boss leads. Lots of sparks and very steamy sexy times. Highly recommend for those looking for a fun read that may help you out of a book funk.

*An arc was provided by the publisher via NG in return for an honest opinion.*
Richelle Robinson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Let me start off by saying that I’m a big fan of Katy Evans and I couldn’t wait to read this novel. So it pains me to have to write this review.

I honestly couldn’t stand Alexandra at all. Her character was too self righteous, uptight and judgmental. I get that she’s supposed to be a strong woman but she came across as rude and insulting at times with the way she treated her staff. Plus, I didn’t like the way she judged the other women for drooling over Kit. Pot meet kettle.

I did like Kit but I
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

There's something to be said for reading a Harlequin title by an author that you already know you enjoy. And, it's even more fun when it is as good as you were expecting it to be. There's a reason Harlequin has been around a while, and there is a reason Katy Evans books are some of my favorites of all...and books like this are the specific examples for each of these.

Kit and Alexandra strike sparks off one another from the beginning. This is a cate
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
With the Manhattan series being one of my favorites by Katy Evans, I couldn’t wait to read this office romance that’s sizzling on every page! Naturally when it comes to every one of her books that I’ve read, I just devour them like candy.

I haven’t read any of the books from Harlequin Desire, but Katy definitely had me eager to look more into these and add them all to my TBR. I had a bit of free time on a recent travel, so I knew this quick read would fit the bill perfectly.

CHECK OUT THE REST OF
Stephanie
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Katy Evans introduces us to Kit Walker in Boss!! It is her first Harlequin Desire release. You will be romanced and swoon as you read this feel good, romantic story. As Katy states it is a short and modern sexy romance. Boss is fast paced with a combination of insta-love/enemies-to-lovers laced throughout.

Alastair Walker – CEO of Cupid’s Arrow is retiring. He is leaving his son, Kit, to take control of Cupid’s Arrow. Kit is a laid-back playboy with a reputation, a fun “party boy.” He has spent t
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This one was an easy office romance read. Kit is everything Alex should avoid but can’t seem to help wanting. Plenty of office banter and chemistry meant things eventually boiled over.

It’s a sweeter read than I am used to from this author but I did enjoy it.

I received an arc of this book.
Bigbooknut
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it

I'm a big fan of Katy Evans. Remy is one of my top 10 favorite heroes. As I alluded to earlier, I was afraid that the constraints of a category romance might affect her voice. Happily, this wasn't the case at all. The witty exchanges and strong sexual chemistry between the hero and heroine that Ms Evans does so well were here in abundance. The story started out very strong, but the characters were not always consistent and I think the shorter story length impacted her pacing. The initi
Sangria
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yeah, so back to back bad reads. Is it me? I’m not sure, but some of my fav authors are really not tickling my fancy right not. This author wrote Manwhore, I read that, like, once a year.

The heroine was an over the top tyrant, the H came off as a beta (I’m a Alpha reader). So right away I knew I was in trouble. It’s a short book, so there’s that.
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
I adore everything Katy Evans. I also adore office romance. Guess who's freaking excited?!
Michelle Rodriguez
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a Harlequin Romance in years. When I started reading romance, I would pick up either a Desire or Blaze from the bookstore.

If you have read a Katy Evans book, but of her leading men tend to be a little brooding, or like playing head games and her leading women tend to be more timid. Here you get Kit the soon to be CEO of his father's dating app company and Alexandra, the tough as nails HBIC of her design team.

Since this novella is not set to release until May, but if you’re looki
Patricia Wonderland
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I love a steamy office romance from time to time. I love witty banter, strong tempers, hatred slowly becoming lust and respect and love... We find that in Boss. Kit is hot and caring. He's committed to proving himself to his father. He takes his new position seriously. Alex is admirably strong, independent and dedicated to her job for a young woman. She's a workaholic. She's also generous and loyal. I liked her relationship with her boss (Kit's father) and with her sister. This book has some qua ...more
Emma
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-wishlist
Boss is a speedy read guaranteed to increase your heart rate. Who needs cardio when you have Katy Evans 😍

Ellie is a workaholic, dedicated to her career and helping her sister through college. Although Ellie lacks a real family connection apart from her sister, her parents were career centred to the detriment of forming a bond with their children. Although Ellie has come to terms with the lack of attachment where her parents are concerned, she doesn’t believe it has affected her ability to build
Wendy LeGrand
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Boss is a fast-paced, entertaining read written as a Harlequin Desire story. These reads are emotional, sexy stories filled with passion and desire, sexy times and ultimately end with Hero and Heroine riding off into the sunset. Okay, they don't really ride off into the sunset, but they do find their happily ever after. Such is the case for Kit and Alexandra. Two people who started off hating each other in that classic enemies to lovers, office romance kind of way, but quickly succumbed to the b ...more
Happily Mary After
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-march
This quick, sexy and romantic read by the uber-talent Katy Evans is an enemies-to-lovers, workplace romance that hits all the right spots. Alexandra’s unexpectedly has a new boss, Kit, who’s never had a real job and is known as an international playboy. She’s worried her career is about to be derailed but also fiercely attracted to him, and the sparks fly every time these two are in the same room. They grapple for control as the sexual tension mounts and snaps, and they come together in a fan-yo ...more
Tanaka K
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Katy Evans is one of favourite authors. To me, she is one of my unicorn authors. One of the authors I would read anything from. I get so giddy when she announces a new book. I have loved every single book she has written. I am one of those who would shout to the world about her books. Seriously, if you haven't read her books, you definitely need to.

With a her flair of sexy and passionate love scenes, Boss is a sensual office romance full of sexual tension, witty banter and sweet chemistry. An e
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Harlequin Desire:...: BOSS by Katy Evans 1 4 Mar 01, 2019 05:14AM

• Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)
  • Soaring with Fallon (Big Sky, #4)
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • All Stars Fall (Seaside Pictures, #3.5; Big Sky, #4.5)
  • Nothing Without You (Forever Yours, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.4)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Slay: Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)
  • Mr. Big
  • Quiet Man (Dream Man, #4.5)
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn, #2)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Jack (Devils Bend, #3)
  • Filthy Lawyer
  • Hot to the Touch (Brotherhood by Fire, #1)
  • Crazy Imperfect Love (Dirty Dicks #2.5; Big Sky #4.2)

Katy Evans is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her debut REAL shot to the top of the bestselling lists in 2013 and since then 10 of her titles have been New York Times bestsellers. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages across the world.

***Katy doesn't respond to messages on this site, but you can email her at katyevansauthor@gmail.com