Start by marking “Planet Fashion: 100 years of fashion history” as Want to Read:
Planet Fashion: 100 years of fashion history

Planet Fashion: 100 years of fashion history

Hold onto your hats and lace up your boots; we’re off on a fashion adventure! Travel through 25 scenes in fashion history, circling the globe with your two young stylish travel companions—one boy and one girl, dressed the part in every picture. Each lavishly illustrated scene captures the mood and style of a unique time and place, accompanied by a trove of fashion history ...more
Published April 2nd 2019 by Wide Eyed Editions

To ask other readers questions about Planet Fashion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Planet Fashion

Toni
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Planet Fashion is a fascinating journey in fashion history, both elegant and informative at the same time.
We get a glimpse into distinctive fashion characteristics (silhouettes, hemlines, sleeves), key designer figures, accessories and cultural set-up at different points in time and place. I loved the international aspect of this book- scenes from China, Vietnam, Australia, West Germany, Japan, South Africa…
The illustrations are gorgeous and drawn in a fashion designer style that budding fashi
Dita
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Planet Fashion is an amazing glimpse into the world of fashion and its gorgeous and storied history. As educational as it is fun and beautiful, we get to take a peek at the processes and thinking behind some of fashion's most distinctive designs over time such as hemline lengths.

The illustrations are gorgeous, busy, and full of detail; making it ideal for those who want to do a deep dive and easy for those who are just exploring to get what they want to experience from this book.

This book is g
Martina
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

"Planet Fashion: 100 years of fashion history" by Natasha Slee is an adorable little book about the history of fashion all around the world and how it has changed throughout the years.
It totally drew my attention and I found it very interesting. The illustrations are really beautiful, colorful and enhance the detailed text. All the clothes are detailed drawn and explained. The font here used isn't a
This is a very impressive picture depiction of fashion over the past 100 year. And not just fashion in the West, such as the US and Canada, but throughout the world. We get images from India, Shanghai and Vietnam as well as the UK (several times) and the US (several times).

Planet Fashion Planet Fashion Planet Fashion

Each spread talks about the shape of the clothes, and the how and why of each situation that made it distinct and special. The little facts about each section bring home the issue of the whys and wherefores of how the dress
Candice Forte
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I was interested in this book to use as an overview of fashion through time for my children as we homeschool. I received an eARC copy from the publisher that in no way affects my review.
The book is very colorful. It is almost too colorful for me. Some people like color and I get that. I do, but in a different style. It is very busy! If you want a lot to look at you will enjoy this book. The artistic style did not appeal to me. I cannot really describe it well, but will try. Caricatures meet Pica
January Gray
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was very informative and laid out very well. One of my sons wants to follow my footsteps and design clothing, so we read this together and we both learned quite a bit actually.
Janet

Hold onto your hats and lace up your boots; we’re off on a fashion adventure! Travel through 25 scenes in fashion history, circling the globe with your two young stylish travel companions—one boy and one girl dressed the part in every picture. Each lavishly ill
Andreea
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was sent a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This is a fun little book for kids, however it does treat the subject in a childish way and I think kids are smarter than that and if they have an interest for fashion, then this book is a nice start but not enough.

The information and representation is only a small complaint. The big one is... the font of the text and how hard it was to read! It is pretty hard to get over that - and the dry information did not make it better
Debra Schoenberger
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

I have been studying fashion for so many years and wish I had this book when I was younger.

What I really enjoyed was the way the author presented fashion not only in chronological order but also geographically. Her depiction of international fashion was also fascinating.

The descriptions were informative and fun and I loved the wonderful illustrations with a bit of whimsy thrown in.
Beth Kakuma-Depew
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very fun take on the history of fashion. i love how they integrated historic trends into the conversation - like how cycling changed fashion. This would make a great gift book, but might be too light for school assignments.
Amy
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. The pages are very dense with the illustrations and text mixed together over 2-page spreads.
Robin
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Very good look at fashion trends over the past 100 years. Primarily US & European fashions are featured but a few interesting styles from other locations are also shown.
Amie
Jun 20, 2019
Jayden Mahoney
Jul 05, 2019
Malky Locker
rated it did not like it
May 19, 2019
Ness
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well-illustrated and researched book for young people on the art of fashion and design that is incredibly ambitious in that it not only covers fashion across the ages, it also explores what was happening during these periods in different parts of the world. It explores trends in England, China, Japan, Australia, Mexico City, the USA, to name but a few!

I also felt I leaned new things - for example, that in the mid 1920s, because of the discovery of Tutankhamen’s tomb, patterns were then
Beth Parmer
Apr 09, 2019
joyce w. laudon
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Do you know a child who is interested in fashion? Maybe you know a child who has watched Project Runway with you. Maybe you just want to let a child know that the world is full of interesting things to learn. For any of these kids, Planet Fashion is a fun resource.

The book covers 100 years of fashion history in detailed, bright, appealing two page spreads. The book starts in 1890. Just a few of the places to visit include Paris, Harlem, London, Mexico, China and India. For each fashion described
Hannah