Start by marking “Who's a Good Boy? (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #4)” as Want to Read:
Who's a Good Boy? (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #4)

Who's a Good Boy?

(Welcome to Night Vale Episodes #4)

From the authors of the New York Times bestselling novels It Devours! and Welcome to Night Vale and the creators of the #1 international podcast of the same name, comes a collection of episodes from Season Four of their hit podcast, featuring an introduction by the authors, a foreword by Jonny Sun, behind-the-scenes commentary, and original illustrations.

In June of 2012, t
Published May 14th 2019 by Harper Perennial

To ask other readers questions about Who's a Good Boy?, please sign up.

Stacee
I absolutely love that two volumes get released at the same time. After finishing 3, I wanted more and this one delivered.

As with all of these books, I am living for the introductions and behind the scenes info we get. There have been mentions of hints placed in earlier episodes that pan out in these episodes and basically, I just want to hole up and binge listen from the beginning.

**Huge thanks to Harper Perennial for providing the arc free of charge**
Abby
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a massive fan of Welcome to Night Vale, I always enjoy when these books come out. I can go back the episodes I love in the written format, along with the introductions. Night Vale writers and actors give great tidbits before each episode, providing background information that we didn't get to hear by listening to the show. For anyone who's never listened, I suggest you go right now and give this marvelous gem of a podcast a go. It's certainly changed my life.
Greg Kerestan
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The necessity of the Night Vale companion books continues to grow as the series becomes increasingly baroque in its plotting and long-form plot arcs. The beagle puppy arc, which closes here, has been percolating since the beginning of season 3, and the plots of the novels are starting to impact the wider narrative too.

Luckily, reading Fink and Cranor's prose is a delight, even without the audio element. And the behind the scenes stories and testimonials from cast members are always highlights, s
Stephanie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That beagle tho

The Registry of Middle School Crushes is definitely one of my favorite Night Vale episodes.
Michael Cook
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In case it isn't clear, I love Welcome to Night Vale. I love the novels, I love the live shows, I love the podcast, and I love these script books, too. I always have trouble focusing on audio-only stories, so I find that having the scripts for podcasts such as Welcome to Night Vale really helps me follow the podcast and understand all that is going on within it. Add to these extremely useful scripts a bunch of illustrations and a whole lot of behind the scenes tidbits, and you've got a collectio ...more
Bethany
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys
I haven't listened to WTNV in a few years but I can still hear Cecil going " WHO'S A GOOOOD BOOYYYYYYYYYYYY?? " so obviously that's burned into my brain forever. If you're a fan of the podcast these episode collections are definitely worth it, especially for the episode introductions.
Janatee (Jaclyn B)
Kate Leth describes the town of Night Vale as "if Stephen King and Neil Gaiman started a game of SIMS and then just left it running forever,” which only begins to encompass the wonderful weirdness of these community-radio broadcasts. For a standalone starter of strangeness, check out “Through the Narrow Place,” containing the existential horror of a local marathon, a sponsorship by “the gut feeling you did something wrong but can’t remember what”, and an advice segment for the mother struggling ...more
Drucilla
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f
Once again, not much to say. I did like the illustrations more in this volume than than the previous one and it was nice to get some behind-the-scenes info about the Welcome to Night Vale novel since this episode collection covers the time when the book came out. It was interesting to see how Fink and Cranor approached the book and integrated it with the podcast.
Amélie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the evolution Cecil's interactions with Steve... and I love learning more about different residents of Night Vale. The Desert Bluff plot was very interesting and I can't wait to see where it'll lead!
Erin
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
This is a spooky, ominous run! I appreciated getting more insight from Fink and Cranor and the thought that goes into writing an episode and truly developing this world.
Jana
Rating: 4.5 stars. Review posted at Fantasy Literature.
Ina
Aug 04, 2019
Nicole Eichenberg
Jul 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Joseph created and co-writes WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE. He is a writer and editor, and the co-owner of Commonplace Books. Awhile back he moved from California to Brooklyn. Subsequently, events unfolded.

Welcome to Night Vale Episodes (4 books)
  • Mostly Void, Partially Stars (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #1)
  • The Great Glowing Coils of the Universe (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #2)
  • The Buying of Lot 37 (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #3)