Start by marking “Who's a Good Boy? (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #4)” as Want to Read:
Who's a Good Boy? (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #4)

Who's a Good Boy?

(Welcome to Night Vale Episodes #4)

From the authors of the New York Times bestselling novels It Devours! and Welcome to Night Vale and the creators of the #1 international podcast of the same name, comes a collection of episodes from Season Four of their hit podcast, featuring an introduction by the authors, a foreword by Jonny Sun, behind-the-scenes commentary, and original illustrations.

In June of 2012, t
Published May 14th 2019 by Harper Perennial

To ask other readers questions about Who's a Good Boy?, please sign up.

Start your review of Who's a Good Boy? (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #4)
Stacee
I absolutely love that two volumes get released at the same time. After finishing 3, I wanted more and this one delivered.

As with all of these books, I am living for the introductions and behind the scenes info we get. There have been mentions of hints placed in earlier episodes that pan out in these episodes and basically, I just want to hole up and binge listen from the beginning.

**Huge thanks to Harper Perennial for providing the arc free of charge**
Abby
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a massive fan of Welcome to Night Vale, I always enjoy when these books come out. I can go back the episodes I love in the written format, along with the introductions. Night Vale writers and actors give great tidbits before each episode, providing background information that we didn't get to hear by listening to the show. For anyone who's never listened, I suggest you go right now and give this marvelous gem of a podcast a go. It's certainly changed my life.
Greg Kerestan
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The necessity of the Night Vale companion books continues to grow as the series becomes increasingly baroque in its plotting and long-form plot arcs. The beagle puppy arc, which closes here, has been percolating since the beginning of season 3, and the plots of the novels are starting to impact the wider narrative too.

Luckily, reading Fink and Cranor's prose is a delight, even without the audio element. And the behind the scenes stories and testimonials from cast members are always highlights, s
Stephanie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That beagle tho

The Registry of Middle School Crushes is definitely one of my favorite Night Vale episodes.
Jessica (aus.fangirl.reads)
“What’s past is prologue. What’s future is epilogue. This right here is maybe chapter 4 or 5.”

I have been a fan the Welcome to Night Vale podcast for years and I’ll be totally honest, I can’t actually remember when I started listening to the podcast, I know it was still a relatively new thing but it was still well underway, so I’ll guess around 2013/2014.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Being the 4th volume of the scripts, I presume if you’re reading this review you know what these boo
Lucia  Wolfie
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When is the next one due?
Devann
once again these books have some interesting little tidbits in the episode introductions from various cast members but don't really add enough to the wtnv universe to merit more than 3 stars in my opinion. interesting to look back on the episodes in this way but i still feel that listening to them is the best way to take them in.
Michael Cook
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
In case it isn't clear, I love Welcome to Night Vale. I love the novels, I love the live shows, I love the podcast, and I love these script books, too. I always have trouble focusing on audio-only stories, so I find that having the scripts for podcasts such as Welcome to Night Vale really helps me follow the podcast and understand all that is going on within it. Add to these extremely useful scripts a bunch of illustrations and a whole lot of behind the scenes tidbits, and you've got a collectio ...more
Bethany
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys
I haven't listened to WTNV in a few years but I can still hear Cecil going " WHO'S A GOOOOD BOOYYYYYYYYYYYY?? " so obviously that's burned into my brain forever. If you're a fan of the podcast these episode collections are definitely worth it, especially for the episode introductions.
Caroline
Of the four books out so far this one definitely has the best overall storyline, although The Old Oak Door is a very close second.
Claudia Piña
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: male-authors
La calidad del podcast y de los libros no ha disminuido con el tiempo, lo cual se agradece mucho. Aunque ahora hay tantas líneas narrativas que hay que prestar un poco más de atención a los detalles, se sigue manteniendo el sentido del humor, los detalles de suspenso y horror, la nostalgia o sentido de asombro hacia la naturaleza y el universo.

Conforme avanza la historia, creo que se genera más impacto en algunas cosas porque ya conocemos a los personajes y nos importan, pero también cualquier
Chelsea Gouin
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who's a Good Boy? are the Welcome to Night Vale scripts from season 4 of the podcast. After a lull in action the last book, this season really packed a punch. There were so many great plots this run! The title arc is so chilling and only encompasses the last two scripts collected here...but with nuggets leading up to the big reveal throughout the course of the season.

All our favorites return...with Cecil at the microphone giving the updates on the odd town of Night Vale we see former intern now
Fox
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers
This book was written by Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor. The book has 278 pages. The genre is fiction and the book is part of an ongoing series. My guess for reading level would be teens.

This book is about the strange town of Night Vale. In Night Vale, many people act like life is normal. Which for them it is. Life in Night Vale is like, protesting for the disbelief of mountains. Many people have jobs too! Like Cecil Palmer who is the host of the radio station. He tells all the Night Vale citiz
Kiara
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While not as emotionally gripping as past Night Vale podcast collections, I still found this book to be engaging, funny, and poignant in equal measure. Honestly, I think I just love the world of Night Vale so much that even when the story isn't great, I find myself invested. The characters I have come to love are still awesome, and new characters get more development and time to shine. The relationship between the City Council and Station Management, wasn't what I wanted, but it was what I neede ...more
Jaclyn Brett Lewis
Kate Leth describes the town of Night Vale as "if Stephen King and Neil Gaiman started a game of SIMS and then just left it running forever,” which only begins to encompass the wonderful weirdness of these community-radio broadcasts. For a standalone starter of strangeness, check out “Through the Narrow Place,” containing the existential horror of a local marathon, a sponsorship by “the gut feeling you did something wrong but can’t remember what”, and an advice segment for the mother struggling ...more
Drucilla
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f
Once again, not much to say. I did like the illustrations more in this volume than than the previous one and it was nice to get some behind-the-scenes info about the Welcome to Night Vale novel since this episode collection covers the time when the book came out. It was interesting to see how Fink and Cranor approached the book and integrated it with the podcast.
Marc Diepstraten
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fourth bundle of the Night Vale chronicles. More of what's expected, most stories are quite good, but jt seems there is less of a mix of different characters and storylines, and almost all centred around Cecil. A bit more variety would suit me more. However the format remains strong. If you're into the absurd or the silly than look no further.
Amélie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the evolution Cecil's interactions with Steve... and I love learning more about different residents of Night Vale. The Desert Bluff plot was very interesting and I can't wait to see where it'll lead!
Cheyenne
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was not prepared for the bits about the inevitability of death and how we rely on stories to help life make sense...OOF. But this is why I love this weird little world - because despite all its eccentricities, it is a world much like our own, full of people just trying to figure stuff out.
Suzie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I miss a certain night many years ago.
Nova Syzygy
I liked this.

I want more, but I’m a bad listener. I need volume 5.
Allison
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant collection of Night Vale episodes
Elizabeth
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the podcast, so of course I love the script books. The added illustrations and intro to every episode/chapter is what makes these great!
Sophie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books are worth it for the commentaries alone. I also enjoyed re-reading the episodes - WTNV is my current happy place, and I’m so glad I finally found it.
Erin
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
This is a spooky, ominous run! I appreciated getting more insight from Fink and Cranor and the thought that goes into writing an episode and truly developing this world.
Jana
Rating: 4.5 stars. Review posted at Fantasy Literature.
Helen Hnin
Ina
Jun 13, 2019
aj
Jul 14, 2020
Daisy
May 27, 2020

• The Magnus Archives: Season 4 (Magnus Archives, #4)
  • The Magnus Archives: Season 2 (Magnus Archives, #2)
  • The Magnus Archives: Season 3 (Magnus Archives, #3)
  • The Magnus Archives: Season 1 (Magnus Archives, #1)
  • The Wonderful World of Kim Pine
  • Within the Wires - "Museum Audio Tours,"
  • Within the Wires - "Dictation,"
  • Within the Wires - "Relaxation Cassettes,"
  • Hope Rides Again (Obama Biden Mysteries, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 6
  • Reverie
  • The Adventure Zone: Petals to the Metal
  • Resistance Reborn (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 5
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4
  • The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited!
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
Joseph created and co-writes WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE. He is a writer and editor, and the co-owner of Commonplace Books. Awhile back he moved from California to Brooklyn. Subsequently, events unfolded.

Welcome to Night Vale Episodes (4 books)
  • Mostly Void, Partially Stars (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #1)
  • The Great Glowing Coils of the Universe (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #2)
  • The Buying of Lot 37 (Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, #3)