Start by marking “Emergent (Android Chronicles #3)” as Want to Read:
Emergent (Android Chronicles #3)

Emergent

(Android Chronicles #3)

Most Wanted Android

A uniquely intelligent AI, Synthia is coveted by the most devious domestic and foreign cabals. Dangerously independent, she becomes ruthlessly hunted . . .

Evolving into the perfect weapon, humaniform AI Synthia Cross has been on the run six months and counting. She found a most unexpected ally in Maria Baldacci, a street-smart activist fighting the
Kindle Edition
Published March 5th 2019 by Rebel Base Books

To ask other readers questions about Emergent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emergent

Start your review of Emergent (Android Chronicles #3)
TSN ☮
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a combined review of all three books in The Android Chronicles.

This is about Synthia, a humanform android who escaped her creator. Unfortunately, humanform androids, while outlawed are a heavily sought after technology, so pretty much everyone wants to get their hands on her.

This is some very fast paced books with lots of action. It almost reads like one long, intense chase with Synthia continuing to evolve on her own while constantly escaping capture.

The first book is mostly ju
Lauren Kastermans
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

NOTE: This review is constructed objectively, as a reader who did not partake in the first 2 novels of the trilogy.

The characters are well developed, and the novel (primarily character-driven), does well in personifying the human natures in an AI. This read was a fast paced, and enticing addition to the Sci-Fi genre
Neil
Jul 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This really did not go any further than the previous two books in the series.
It was one long slow chase with no real development of the characters.
A real relief when I finished.
The series got worse instead of improving with each book.
Dennis Zimmerman
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dawn
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy from the author. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased. I read Reborn and Unbound, the first two books in this series and knew that I like Lance Erlick’s writing, so I was happy to read this book.

Emergent is about Synthia, an AI who was developed by Dr. Jeremiah Machten. Synthia got away from Machten, who was keeping her prisoner, and she has been on the run ever since. Everyone wants to get their hands on her!

The
Wendy
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fast paced, entertaining read from Lance Erlick. This series follows an illegal humaniform android named Synthia. Her main goal is to prevent A.I. singularities from happening and taking over. She is designed to live in this world and if A.I.s were to take over she would not fit in so well.

Emergent picks up where Unbound left off. Synthia is on the run and barely escapes a trap laid by government agencies. She also has to avoid the other androids that are trying to absorb or kill her. Sh
Wendy
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

Tom Burkholder
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the book Emergent, author Lance Erlick continues the story of Synthia, the most advanced artificial intelligence android ever built. And she is fighting to keep other AI’s, the FBI, special ops or several other foreign government groups from capturing her and making a super army by replicating her. And now someone keeps trying to draw her to join them. Who is this mysterious voice she keeps hearing?
This was a good fast paced book that continues the series. I would recommend this book.I receiv
Nick
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The most recent book in the series is just as fast paced as the last two, I actually found my heart beating a little faster at points. Not sure if this is the last book in the series, many critical things were resolved to my relief, but a lot room was left open at the end for at least another book or two. Overall, it was a good book, if you read the other two you don't want to miss this one!
C.A. Knutsen
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! An outstanding series.

As you can tell by the headline, I really enjoyed this series. The author did a good job developing the cast of characters and maintaining a sense of reality and this very possible scenario. I was wondering how he was going to end the series and was delighted when I found out.
K. Counihan
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It Was Good,Then It Was Great

Book 1 was very good, book 2 was so so, book 3 gives book 2 purpose, then shifts into overdrive. All is revealed, all the loose ends from bk 2 are resolved . A lot of readers that gave up after bk 2, I was among you, might want to check out the final installment.
John Purvis
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
(See all of my Book Reviews) - “Emergent" eBook was published in 2019 and was written by Lance Erlick (https://lanceerlick.com). Mr. Erlick has published 15 novels. This is the third novel in his “Android Chronicles” series.

I received an ARC of this novel through https://www.netgalley.com in return for a fair and honest review. I categorize this novel as ‘R’ because it contains scenes of Violence. The story is set in the near future, though one with intelligent androids.

The primary character is
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
I have followed the Android Chronicles from the first book and watched Synthia Cross change and grow. The plot has kept her on the run for the entire series and with Emergent she faces her last battle. I wondered how this would end and if Synthia would even survive. She is very smart and using her brain and the programs she has completed for herself she arrives at a interesting solution. She is still around and she is still watching to make sure there are no other androids to cause trouble in th ...more
Jennifer Gottschalk
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
In many ways this is a typical ‘android becoming human’ story. Readers who like science fiction in general and artificial intelligence is particular, will find a lot to like about this instalment.

Erick does a good job of exploring the question of what makes us human and the main character is both compelling and likeable. Having said that, at times the story is a bit long winded and quite a few parts could have been shortened or removed.

The ending was most satisfying and overall I enjoyed this bo
Steve Crooks
Nov 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
It was written as well as any book by an eighth grader. A waste of reading time. Disappointing!
John Prichard
May 21, 2019
Rolo
Jun 18, 2019
Jypsy
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Emergent is the story of the perfect human/android weapon on the run. Honestly, I thought I would enjoy this book much more than I did. I got lost somewhere and I stayed confused for most of the story. The concept is a bit far fetched for me. Overall, it was not what I expected. Unfortunately, it's not my type of book. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Keith
Jo
Mar 16, 2019
Rick Duff
Mar 25, 2019

• Infiltration (Mindspace, #1)
  • Little Doubt (DI Kelly Porter, #7)
  • Wrong Side of the Rift
  • Big Girl, Small Town
  • Trust In Love (Love Mark, #2)
  • Restart in Bristol (Racing Hearts in Serenity #3)
  • Taurok's Vengeance (Throne at the End of Time #1)
  • The Wish List: Escape with the most hilarious and feel-good read of 2020!
  • The Stone's Heart (The Queen's Wing, #2)
  • The Queen's Wing (The Queen's Wing, #1)
  • The Sound of Broken Glass (Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James, #15)
  • The Dragons of Babel
  • The Poison Garden
  • The Second Sleep
  • Rule 34 (Halting State, #2)
  • The Raid (Ryan Decker #2)
  • The Glow
  • The Widening Gyre (The Remembrance War #1)
Lance Erlick writes science fiction thrillers for adult and young adult readers. In 2018, he launched his Android Chronicles novels with Reborn and continued it with Unbound and Emergent. This series follows the challenges of Synthia Cross, wrestling with the download of a human mind and emergent behavior while confronted by humans who seek to control her. In the Rebel series, Annabelle Scott face ...more

Android Chronicles (3 books)
  • Reborn (Android Chronicles #1)
  • Unbound (Android Chronicles #2)