Start by marking “The Freelance Mum: A Flexible Career Guide for Better Work-life Balance” as Want to Read:
The Freelance Mum: A Flexible Career Guide for Better Work-life Balance

The Freelance Mum: A Flexible Career Guide for Better Work-life Balance

More time with your kids, making the money you know you’re worth and a better work/life balance. No wonder more women than ever are choosing to be become freelance mums.

In the last decade, 70% more mums have chosen to go freelance. Annie Ridout was one of them. And in her enlightening new book, she shares the tips and tricks that helped her build a better working life aro
Published January 10th 2019 by Fourth Estate

To ask other readers questions about The Freelance Mum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Freelance Mum

Start your review of The Freelance Mum: A Flexible Career Guide for Better Work-life Balance
Rebecca Emin
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been a freelancer for approaching 10 years so I read this book out of personal interest when I fancied reading a non fiction book for a change.

I think this book would be incredibly useful for a mother of young children who is considering freelancing as it covers a lot of highly relevant issues such as social media, self care, childcare and suchlike.

The author has clearly researched well and includes a number of well known people and their observations as examples of freelancers in this bo
Chloe
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leanne
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Many thanks to Netgalley for providing me with a ARC book in exchange for an honest review and apologies for the delay with my review.

It's helpful reading a book like this and I'm grateful that I have been able to combine being a Mum with freelancing as a yoga teacher an option which is not viable for many mothers out there for different reasons. I've always wanted to work for myself mainly to avoid office politics whilst doing something that I love.

There are many tips in this book that work wel
Synthia Salomon
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
YOUR STORY = YOUR BRAND

“After the life-changing experience of motherhood, many new moms lack the confidence to dive into freelance work and charge the fees they deserve. But with a business-savvy attitude and the right childcare in place, you too can join the freelancing revolution and make your career work for your family.
Actionable advice:
Figure out your story.
When starting out as a freelancer, you’ll want to spread the word about your services. One way to do this is to get media organizati
Pritesh Pawar
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is good for one time to read but I felt the book is merely revolving around the author's life, writing, etc.
This is to say that the author could have explored more into the freelancing industry and given a path to such aspiring women. Not all are interested in writing.
However, it is a good book if we have a different mindset. Indeed, working women face many hardships while managing work as well as life.
Charlotte Fay
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The read I needed

As a mum who is wanting to break into the entrepreneurial field and work from home whilst looking after my son this book was just what I needed to read. With so many stories, tips and facts it covers everything you need to get started and build a successful business or freelance writer.
Bex
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great perspective and useful ideas

I’m feeling much more positive about freelance mum life after reading this. Lots of good ideas about structuring your day and knowing your value. Thanks Annie.
Sinead
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though obviously not a mum I think this book will be an excellent resource for any working mother that wants to start a side hustle or go freelance full time.
Tabassom Stewart
Mar 15, 2020
Savitha Madhavan
Oct 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Be a Capitalist Without Any Capital: The Four Rules You Must Break to Get Rich
  • How to Fail: Everything I’ve Ever Learned From Things Going Wrong
  • Life's Amazing Secrets: How to Find Balance and Purpose in Your Life
  • The Loop Approach: How to Transform Your Organization from the Inside Out
  • Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania
  • Money: Know More, Make More, Give More
  • The Heartbeat of Wounded Knee: Native America from 1890 to the Present
  • Good Reasons for Bad Feelings: Insights from the Frontier of Evolutionary Psychiatry
  • Everything is Figureoutable
  • The Montessori Toddler: A Parent's Guide to Raising a Curious and Responsible Human Being
  • Make Yourself Comfortable: Sewing clothes from stretch knit fabrics
  • Whites: On Race and Other Falsehoods
  • Wild Year Book
  • Great Family Days In: Over 75 Ideas for Rainy Days, School Holidays and Everything in Between
  • Tilly and the Buttons: Make it Simple: Easy, Speedy Sewing Projects to Whip up in an Afternoon
  • She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement