Start by marking “Saving Grace: A Contemporary Romance Novel (A Broken Heart Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Saving Grace: A Contemporary Romance Novel (A Broken Heart Series Book 1)

Saving Grace: A Contemporary Romance Novel

(A Broken Heart #1)

I’ve tried so hard to bury my past.
But nothing stays buried forever...

It’s been two years since I lost so much. Two years since I started a new life, in a new college, with a new group of friends. Two years, and now my troubles are rushing back.

When Derek walked into my life, he made me feel things I’d hoped never to feel again. The box I hid all my secrets in is opening,
Published October 25th 2018 by Carter Books (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Grace

Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Vi Carter!

Saving Grace
tells the story of Grace who’s lost her brother two years ago. She doesn’t want to tell anyone about her past until she meets Derek. Derek seems so perfect, but is he as perfect as he seems?

Saving Grace is such a beautiful book and it was so hard to put down! I wanted to know how the story was going to end and I just had to know Grace’s story. Saving Grace was such a fast-paced
Jessica Robbins
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, blog-tour

So I totally understand my be series name now as this book is truly an emotional roller coaster. Grace is going to college while dealing with some heavy emotional stuff that she had been through. On top of that all her friends have secrets that okay a role in some way or another. It makes you feel for her and then we get Dylan. With his own secrets they fall in love forever changing things. Great contemp
Mandie
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was such an emotional angsty read! It’s a bit confusing at times, with all the characters involved, but it was a nice read none the less!
Coco.V
Jun 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/6/2019)! 🎁
Tanya
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She has hidden all her last behind her but it is about to come crashing back into her life. She meets a great guy but can he help her when her last comes back to haunt her. Will he be able to keep her safe? She knows she can not survive it all again. See if she can
Colleen Young
Amanda
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was outstanding because it has so many layers.The friendship between Grace and Amber would make anyone want a best friend.The loss of Graces brother James will leave you red and swollen eyed from crying. Anyone who has had any loss in life, not just a death will applaud the author Vi on her amazing execution of this. Grace and Derek well oh my, what a love story again I cried laughed and even went a bit red and hot under the collar reading them together lol. There was a lot of differen
LianaReads blog
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much. Grace is a college girl who has been through so much in her life and still trying to make a good thing of everything. She has lost her younger brother and is having a hard time to pass over it, with the small reminders every day or even the dreams of happy times, having her mother in a hospital for depression and loosing her doesn’t help Grace’s anxiety. She is trying to hide all of her feelings from everyone until she meets Derek, next door neighbour and college friend ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s been two years since Grace’s life has been turned upside down and she is still reeling. When her life hit bottom not only did she not have anyone to lean on she had to be the one that others leaned on.

Derek owes a favor which will be paid in full as long as he watches out for Grace and keeps her safe. The only rules are that he doesn’t tell her who sent him, and they can never be more than friends however some rules are meant to be broken.

This is the first book I have read by this author. F
Sophie
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for a honest review.

Saving Grace is an well written engaging and emotional read, The book focuses on Grace a college student has lost so much. Its now two years since the loss of her brother James. She has a new life with a new group friends, but is keeping secrets about her past. When Grace meets Derek her next door neighbour she slowly start opening up.

There are plenty of secrets throughout the book. We slowly find different things about Grace and her friends.
Karen Galloway
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Enjoyable, Engaging, Must Read Book

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. I liked this really enjoyable, entertaining book from Vi Carter. If you are looking for a good book to read you want to read this. It has a great, interesting, well written storyline that kept me engrossed from beginning to end. I really liked and enjoyed reading about the lovely, engaging characters, they really kept me interested in this book. I loved their story. Their interaction and chemistry was enjoyable an
Teri
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is so much to love about this book and Grace's story. Yes it is one of those angst filled reads with tons of emotions and twist in the plot. So much that is unknown until the end and even there after but it's a standalone it's just the family has plenty of secrets some of which we learn as the story progresses. Derek is (deep sigh) well he is what dreams are made of and a victim of circumstances. Everyone has secrets and they aren't easy ones. There is big stuff going on not only for Grace ...more
Tracie Simister
Genre: Coming of Age Romance
Author: Vi Carter
Format: Kindle Edition
Published on: Oct 8, 2018

I voluntarily received a Courtesy Copy of this book from Silver Dagger Tours and am choosing to leave a review.
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
What I liked/Didn’t Like:
Good Storyline. Great Main Characters but the extra character
Brittania Dancer
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well written engaging storyline. Grace is still trying to get over her brother's death when she meets Derek during her struggles. Can he help her embrace their future? Characters interesting and developed. Chemistry good. The plot is good but need to be quicker and is filled with drama, romance and self discovery. I would recommend this book.

Deb
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was a pretty good read. The characters are intriguing and interesting. The mystery surrounding the plotline and how the author delivered the story in set of memories captured my interest. I did have a bit of trouble with some of the writing. I got lost a few times with how the author expressed certain characteristics then seemingly forgot about them later. Overall a pretty good story. Great start.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
AnnMarie
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that the story was well written. A person who enjoys a contemporary romance that is angst-filled, yet one that can have a happy ending will be very happy. Personally, I prefer my romances to have more light than shade. The characters were, for the most part, well developed although, some details that I was wondering about won't be delved into more until further instalments of the series. I am sorry to say that even though Derek and Grace had their HEA I wasn't left feeling happy which I ...more
Christine Garza
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic heartwrenching yet heartwarming story of young woman’s struggle with guilt and grief years after her brother’s death. And a young man’s burden to pay a debt to a family that is not his to pay. What these two find along the way is a love that heals and unites two broken families torn apart by pain and loss. Full of secrets, heartbreak, fear, anger, tears, healing, and love. Saving Grace will have readers laughing, crying, and falling in love with Derek and Grace. A tender love story r ...more
Tina
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Lisa Fallon
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, tear-jerkers
First thing I love this author and am the first to read anything she writes

I don’t want to give away the storyline or any spoilers but I will say this book at times had me laughing, crying ( sobbing ) and sighing.

If you love a good romance with a few little surprises and some tears
This is the book for you.

Ann Holden
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: duplicate
I’m not sure I would categorize this as a romance, but it is definitely interesting. There is some romance and much more. Most of the characters have been thought out and are as confusing as real life. I look forward to more from Ms. Carter. This is an excellent first book.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Chelsea Richardson-Audacious Reads
This story will leave you emotional! Grace has had a hard life and needs to find a way to accept that what has happened in the past is not her fault. I really enjoyed this story, but be prepared if you have a heart it will break before it is put back together again! It has all the feels, anger, sadness, romance and some humor.
Jeff
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Salvation. This was a great book about a woman tortured by her past and haunted by ghosts both living and dead. As the first in a new series, it works well in introducing several characters to play with in the next books while keeping the main focus on this particular book's couple and their story. Great story by itself, and at least as solid a foundation for the new series. Very much looking forward to reading the next books.
Ann Holden
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Nancy
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know the loss of loosing a brother it is the most heart wrenching experience so I relate with Grace a hell of a lot. Not being able to count on family would have been really difficult I at least had my mom she had no one. Derek walks in and they become very fond of each other. Can he help her past her grief.

Carol
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This pulled at the emotions. It was well written, interesting and kept me wanting to see what was next. Grace and Derek are great together. This has family, heat and hea. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
Donna
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great story but it is too long, maybe some of the events could have been skipped over. I was 85% through the book before finding out what had happened years before to the heroine's brother. But still good suspense while waiting to find out!.

Lisa Book Shelf
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grace

Grace is a college student with her own secrets and pass. But when her brother Emmet sends Derek to watch over her and become friends life takes a turn when the past meets the current and all secrets are revealed. A coming to age book with amazing characters
Barbara
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book one in the A Broken Heart Series it is a well-written book that I enjoyed reading. Looking forward to reading the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Autumn Bryant
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read for E&A Book Blog

A beautifully written story about a girl trying to hide from a devastating loss, a boy held captive by a secret, and an over protective brother, who wants the best for his sister. I loved this story from beginning to end.
Karen
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cover model doesn't have dreads...

Great story telling...not a US based author because of certain terms used.

I loved these characters. Not sure about Emmett so we'll see.
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Need a series title created 6 45 Jul 19, 2018 07:05AM
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 896} Saving Grace by Vi Carter 4 14 Jun 18, 2018 04:34PM

When Vi Carter isn't writing contemporary romance books, you can find her reading her favorite authors, baking, taking photos or watching Netflix.

Married with one child, Vi divides her time between motherhood and all the other hats she wears as an Author.

Vi's main goal is to give readers the same emotional ride that she got from reading Colleen Hoover and Jennifer L. Armentrout books.

Keep up with