Start by marking “Winner Takes All (Warriors of the Heart #4)” as Want to Read:
Winner Takes All (Warriors of the Heart #4)

Winner Takes All

(Warriors of the Heart #4)

Storm Thompson wants to be anywhere but Liberty Ridge. Especially since his hometown also contains his childhood nemesis, Colleen Gardner. With a young daughter and mentally ill mother to care for, he struggles to simply make ends meet. Every day, his goal of owning an organic farm slips further out of reach.

Psychiatrist Colleen Gardner has her sights set on starting a ret
270 pages
Published January 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Winner Takes All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winner Takes All

Start your review of Winner Takes All (Warriors of the Heart #4)
Siobhan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading and enjoying the first three books in the Warriors of the Heart series, I was more than willing to dive into Winner Takes All. It has a different feel to it than the first three books, but it was just as addictive to read.

With Winner Takes All, we have another read that deals with heavy topics. The topics aren’t quite as heavy in this one, but the impact is just as strong. In many ways, the impact hits on a larger scale than the prior books, and that is one of the things contributi
Susan Frazier
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I would like to Thank the author, publisher and NetGalley for providing me with the ARC of this novel for my honest review.

I loved everything about this book! The characters were loveable and I was pulled into the story from begging to end. The excitement of the race challenges and the relationship between Colleen and Storm...Amazing!
Definitely recommended!
E-Reader Addict
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was in desperate need of a good book to take me out of a weeks-long reading funk. Of the nine books I’ve read so far this year, three of the last four were 2 stars for me, and that fourth was a DNF. I had my fingers crossed that Laurie Winter and her fourth Warriors of the Heart book would give me some relief from the dread reading has caused me the past couple of weeks.

Thankfully, Ms. Winter pulled through! Winner Takes All was a sweet, fun, whirlwind adventure of a story with a truly unique
Mary
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winner Takes All is the fourth book in the Warriors of the Heart series. I have not read the previous books in this series, but that was not a problem - as this can be read as a standalone.

When I read the synopsis of the book, it felt as though I had read this particular book previously. I knew this couldn't be the case, as I was provided an Advance Readers copy prior to publication. I'm truly happy that I decided to continue on and read the book. While it had some similarity to another book, Wi
Maria
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
I was immediately pulled into this story which kept me absorbed until the end, captivated by Laurie Winter’s writing style and narration – what a lovely way to enjoy my leisure time.
Storm and Colleen are great characters, full of flaws and imperfections, but trying to do the best they can.
Storm is such a stubborn man, a bit imperceptive where Colleen is concerned, but that is understandable because of their troubled past. I loved ho
Heather Pagel
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The development of the characters is thoroughly enjoyable. Storm and Colleen, and their relationship, are completely relatable. The journey they take physically and emotionally is one that sucked me and wouldn't let go until the book was done. Thank you for writing such a wonderful book!
Nicola Short
Thank you to NetGallery, the publisher and author, Laurie Winter, for the opportunity to read and review the arc of “Winner Takes All,”. This is my honest and true review.
Really enjoyed the trip across the United States with Colleen and Storm as they vied to win $1 million. Each has their personal reasoning for wanting to be the final winner. I had a hard time deciding who I wanted to win! Though I do think the ending seemed quite abrupt... I wanted more to it.
Very sweet, full of action, romanc
Karie Mindock
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had a great mix of Americana meets game show meets love! The trip across the U.S. was fun to read about and the budding romance was well done and realistic. A feel good ending made this all a pleasurable read!
InD'tale Magazine
This story will draw the reader in as the contestants—and old friends—Colleen and Storm, compete for a million dollars.

Read full review in the 2019 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Romantic Reads and Such
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Winner Takes All has a little different feel to it, especially in relation to the other books in this series, but I absolutely loved the opportunity to join Storm and Colleen as they take on The Great American Scavenger Hunt.  It was a little like reading a recap of an early season of The Amazing Race, which was one of my favorite series when it first came out,.  All of the fun of a road trip without ever leaving your chair :)  I was a little unsure about how the timing matched up, and there was ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
In this entertaining, feel-good read, the main characters were both very sympathetic and appealing. Their goals were worthy and sincere. Their unhappy past haunts them despite a stubborn attraction that will not disappear, creating a strong conflict. It felt just a bit too perfect when they both ended up contestants on the show, eyes on the big prize. I found myself rooting for them both but also a bit short of fully believing the situation. Otherwise Winner Takes All is a sweet and enjoyable ta ...more
Cassey
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a tricky one to rate and review. There are parts of it that where great, and different to a lot of the sweet reads I've been reading lately. The setting plays a big part in that - it's very Amazing Race, but as individuals. That was fun.

But I also just really struggled to connect to the characters...which is so strange as both were developed and grew during the course of the book. I suppose it's because a lot of the interactions and motivations each attributed to the other was in miscomm
Helena#bookdreamer
I liked that the author used an adventure reality show as a premise for Colleen and Storm's story. It made the story fun and thrilling in anticipation of who was going to win the big price. Both Storm and Collen have compelling reasons to want the money and I was routing for both. Colleen raising funds to build a retreat resort for veterans suffering from PTSD. She joins the contest in the hopes of winning the 1 million so she can realize her dream but doesn't count on her mixed feelings for Sto ...more
Laurie Winter
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Evelyn
Jan 10, 2019
Bella
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first book by the author. It is a unique story between Storm and his high school tormenter and hometown riches girl Liberty. They meet again both grown-ups both changed especially Liberty who deeply regrets her behavior from the past but Storm is still full of a grudge. They both have big dreams but in a need of money and they both applay to a reality show. It was a lovely written story I just didn't get whole reality because the cameras were not 24/7 on the contesters. Both Storm and ...more
Aug 17, 2018
SD
Christi
Wendy

• A Dog Called Valentine
  • Armed 'N' Ready (Federal K-9 #2)
  • Waiting For You (McKinney/Walker Brothers, #2)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • All In (Bridgeport Social Club, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Bad Boy
  • Mad About Moon (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #5)
  • That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1)
Laurie Winter is a true warrior of the heart. Inspired by her dreams, she creates authentic characters who overcome the odds and find true love. She keeps her life balanced with regular yoga practice and running with her dog, Shadow. When not pounding the pavement or the keyboard, she's likely fueling up on wine, cheese curds, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Follow Laurie as she lives out her dream

Warriors of the Heart (5 books)
  • Home Field (Warriors of the Heart, #1)
  • True Horizon (Warriors of the Heart #2)
  • After All (Warriors of the Heart #3)
  • Know You By Heart (Warriors of the Heart #5)

News & Interviews