Start by marking “You're Invited: The Wedding of Ginger & Basil (Ginger Gold Mysteries #6.5)” as Want to Read:
You're Invited: The Wedding of Ginger & Basil (Ginger Gold Mysteries #6.5)

You're Invited: The Wedding of Ginger & Basil

(Ginger Gold Mysteries #6.5)

For fans of Ginger Gold and Basil Reed!! This is the wedding you’ve been waiting for! The bride and groom prepare for their big day and, of course, things don’t go exactly as planned. Told from the alternating points of view of many of the beloved characters in the world of Ginger Gold, you’ll find yourself holding your breath, anticipating that happy ever after.
Th
Published August 16th 2018 by La Plume Press

To ask other readers questions about You're Invited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You're Invited

Start your review of You're Invited: The Wedding of Ginger & Basil (Ginger Gold Mysteries #6.5)
Robin
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
It's Lady Ginger Gold and Chief Inspector Basil Reed's wedding day and things are not going smoothly. Basil is on his way to the church when he is contacted by Scotland Yard. They have a dead body and no one to investigate the homicide. Ginger is trying to get dressed for the wedding when she realizes that the ring she bought for Basil is missing. Where could it be?

This is a short story in the Ginger Gold Mystery series. It's told from the point-of-view of various characters in the series. My ra
Mara
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before you read this short novella you have to at least read Murder at St. George's Church so you know what's going on.

This novella takes place the day of Ginger and Basil's wedding. Each chapter is from someone's point of view (Ginger, Basil, Scout, Pippins, etc). There's no murder to solve, although Basil does have to show up at a murder scene until the assigned officer can show up, but there is a mystery of a missing wedding ring.

I love Ginger Gold mysteries and this is a sweet addition, but
Eric
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I have read and enjoyed most of the novels in this series, which I read for the mystery elements and because they are pleasant, light reading. This is a comparatively short companion piece which could not be read out of sequence, as it only makes sense if you have read at least the previous book, "Murder in St George's Church".

There are some small mysteries in the story, connected to the wedding, and there is a body, which does not appear to have any connection with the wedding, but there is no
Kelly Young
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a nice, warm little mystery around the nuptials of our favourite red headed sleuth. It's actually refreshing to have Ginger solve a mystery that doesn't involve a dead body.
The change of points of view allows us to get to know the minor characters better, and the entire story ends happily in a heartwarming manner.
As I do not enjoy previews, preferring to experience new books in their entirety, I didn't read the first chapter of the next book that is included.
As always, you can't go wrong
Vickie Raynor
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the series! I loved this book. What a fitting way for Ginger and Bsil to be united. I couldn’t think of a better way to do it and a great way to lead into the next book at the end. I’m glad this isn’t the end! Book gifted to me.
Brigitte
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Wedding of Ginger & Basil is a delightful interlude between mysteries in the charming Ginger Gold series. I love that the story is told from the changing perspectives of all the characters I have grown to enjoy. The story clips along at a nice pace which makes it an easy afternoon read without feeling rushed or underdeveloped. It is the perfect bridge between where we last left Ginger and Basil and their next adventure on the Flying Scotsman.
QNPoohBear
Ginger Gold and Basil Reed are about to tie the knot at last! Everything that could possibly go wrong seems to happen on their wedding day: Ginger misplaces Basil's ring, her maid disappears and Basil is dealing with moving and filling in to assist with a murder investigation! Told from alternating points-of-view from Ginger, her servants, Ambrosia, Oliver and Basil, this story concludes the romantic drama.

I would have liked this story a lot more if it weren't for the numerous inconsistencies a
Heather Belleguelle
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After seven cozy mysteries where we’ve been able to watch the slow development of Ginger and Basil’s “will they, won’t they” romance, finally their wedding day has arrived. Surely it’s time for Mrs Strauss to give them a break and let them enjoy a smooth, happy day as they celebrate with their friends and family?

It was great fun to read this little companion novella to the Ginger Gold series. Although there’s no full murder mystery to solve, there’s still drama and a bit of mystery thrown in bef
Bonnie Clevenger
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally Lady Gold, owner of the exquisite dress shop and private detective, and Chief Inspector of Scotland Yard, Basil Reed are getting married.
The day does not go off well. First the pies are burned, the laddies maid disappears, Ginger has misplaced the expensive gold band for Basil, and her ward Scout runs off. Then a stranger shows up at the door, and they all think he stole the ring. That's just on Ginger's front.
Basil get called in on a found dead body, because another detective is in ho
Helen Drake
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kimberley  O’Malley
I love this series and have been following Lee and watching for the release of “Murder aboard the Fying Scotsman”. When I got the notification to the invitation to the wedding was out I was looking forward to another great book. I have to admit while I enjoyed finally reading their wedding after following their relationship through all the series, the book really wasn’t up to the standard set previously and I was having a hard time trying to piece together the dead body call for Basil, I assume ...more
Sandra Passesno
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The invite we've all been waiting for :

This is a short and oh ! So sweet intriuge teaser for the next installment of our Ginger Gold mysteries.....keeps you turning the pages -as each story always does - we get to see all our favorite characters all from Boss to Goldmine and everyone inbetween ! ...love - romance- suspense - loads of fun ! Fashion and the time period is always good for its own character ! Nothing but fun and a stylish rendition of a fine upper class. - and yet down to earth mile
Andra Fore
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good short read

I would recommend this book to anyone needing something simple and short to read. It was very interesting and was perfect for that one or two chapters needed to relax before sleep. The chapters were not to long and not to short. Readers familiar with this series will enjoy how this fills in space between the books and gives some nice information about the characters.
Catherine
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best link

If you've real the Ginger Gold series so far, this is a charming novella focused on the wedding of Ginger & Basil. Don't know who Basil is? Then you really have to read the series. Love to read stories that have the different characters' POV. Great work, Lee Strauss. Can't wait for the next mystery.
Kandy
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great to get to attend Ginger and Basil's wedding. The descriptions of the clothing are fantastic, although I would love to see a picture of Ginger's dress. Of course there is a mystery to solve which almost makes the bride and groom late for their own wedding. Can't wait to see what adventures they have on their honeymoon. ...more
Susan Stokell
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
another story by Lee Strauss. although the characters are not solving murders there are a few mysteries. This is really a companion piece to the series with the eagerly awaited and hoped for marriage of Basil Reed and Lady Ginger Gold.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and am looking forward to seeing how their marriage affects their detecting. Or will it?
Argum
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute novella for series readers. It is the morning of the wedding and each chapter has a different narrator. Lizzie is missing. The ring to give to Basil is also misplaced. A strange man is at the door. Basil is called into a murder scene briefly. All the characters get brief showing and it really is lovely glimpse at a hectic morning
Darlene
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely read! Nothing goes as planned for Ginger and Basil on their Wedding Day. Three little "mysteries" arise. Will these prevent them from getting to the altar on time? I particularly l loved that all the beloved people in Ginger's life were included in the story as the Wedding approaches. Great attention to this series! ...more
Kathy Holm
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
The Wedding of Ginger and Basil

I am disappointed in this book...much to short!!...this book should have been as elegant and beautiful as a climax of a beautiful friendship that had finally turned to love and adoration....it would have been better not written than this sorry piece of work !!
Jessie Cairney
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good read about Ginger and Basil and the staff sorting things for the wedding. Although it was a short book it was good to get an insight to different people in the story so they actually became a person rather than a mane just hanging in the air. I recommend this series to anyone that wants to read something that leaves you feeling warm and cozy
Laura Edwards
A well-crafted story. Much more care taken with this installment than the last book which seemed rushed. Maybe the author was just anxious to get to Ginger's wedding (and to start the spin-off series featuring Haley). I liked the different POV which gave us greater insight to a number of secondary characters. And the reason behind the mystery tugs at the heartstrings. A very enjoyable read. ...more
Sheryl Smith
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet wedding

Long in the coming, the wedding of the Ginger and Basil has finally taken place! I really enjoyed the way this book was written from the perspectives of the various characters. I especially appreciated hearing Pippins thoughts and the scene with Ginger and Scout. He is such a special young man. Can’t wait to see how things develop with him.
Avis Witter
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ginger and Basil's big day and don't you just know that nothing will go to plan. A mysterious man turns up at Hartigan house, Ginger's maid goes missing as does Basil's wedding ring. Ginger certainly has her work cut out to try and solve these puzzles by 12 noon on her wedding day. Totally enjoyable and brought a smile to my face and a tear to the eye. ...more
Angela Bray
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wedding Bells

This was just a short novella relating the tale of Ginger and Basil's wedding day. It affords the author the opportunity to let new readers of the series get up to date. As for seasoned aficionados of Ginger Gold mysteries it's a pleasant interlude and satisfying conclusion to the saga of Basil and Ginger. Now onto their next adventure!
Maria
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Married at last!

I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Ginger Gold series and am so happy to see Ginger and Basil married at last after all their trials and tribulations. Well written story, more of the same please!
Carol
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable and heartwarming read. I liked the story being told from the perspective of the regular characters, and learning more about their individual back stories. This is a wonderful series that just keeps getting better!
Ted
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ginger and Basil Wed

This novella was too short, even for a novella. The mystery of the missing wedding ring was too easily solved. I loved the part where Ginger had wedding jitters.
Mary Byrnes
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good update

This was a good short story as a connection to the next Ginger Gold mystery. I am eagerly awaiting its release. I love the characters, settings and time period in this series.
leonard rudnick
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
At last ,Ginger and Basil married .

This was
as wonderful a mystery as Strauss has written. The mystery was quite enjoyable,the format leading up to the wedding well done and I will recommend to all this delight ful mystery.
Barbara Staffo
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good story.

Oh my gosh. How I cried. I know, I know, it's only a story, it's not real, well I get involved with the characters. Miss Strauss makes them real. She is a very good writer.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Nearly A Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #22)
  • Murder at the Folly (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #3)
  • Murder Among the Roses (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #5)
  • Mystery on Valentine's Day
  • Love & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #19)
  • A Murder Most Odd (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #21)
  • A Merry Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #4)
  • A Cozy Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries Book 24)
  • Murder By Chocolate (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #12)
  • Murder at Midnight: A Violet Carlyle Historical Mystery (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries Book 28)
  • Murder by the Sea (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #14)
  • A Friendly Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #13)
  • Kennington House Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #2)
  • Hijinks & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #18)
  • A Jolly Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #17)
  • Gin & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #7)
  • Obsidian Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #8)
  • Murder on All Hallows Eve (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #15)
For fans of Golden Age who-dun-its ~ from a USA TODAY Bestselling author!

You'll adore Lady Gold from the acclaimed Ginger Gold Mysteries series, and the spin of series, Higgins & Hawke.

Look for the connected 1950s era ROSA REED MYSTERIES!

Sign up for Lee's newsletter and get EXCLUSIVE access to Ginger Gold's Journal AND a Rosa Reed prequel short story!

Ginger Gold Mysteries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Murder at Hartigan House (Ginger Gold Mysteries #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor (Ginger Gold Mysteries #2)
  • Murder at Feathers & Flair (Ginger Gold Mysteries #3)
  • Murder at the Mortuary (Ginger Gold Mysteries #4)
  • Murder at Kensington Gardens (Ginger Gold Mysteries #5)
  • Murder at St. George's Church (Ginger Gold Mysteries #6)
  • Murder Aboard the Flying Scotsman (Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)
  • Murder at the Boat Club (Ginger Gold Mysteries #8)
  • Murder on Eaton Square (Ginger Gold Mysteries #9)
  • Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #10)