Start by marking “Lines (Greyford High, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lines (Greyford High, #1)

Lines

(Greyford High #1)

Senior year.
Three girls. Three guys.
Hockey and rivalry.
Mean girls and friendships.
Old loves and new chances.
One more year of being invisible.
One more year to win it all.
The countdown begins.

Senior year can’t come or end fast enough for Amelia Campbell. For the shy, nerdy girl-next-door that she is, high school is tortur
Published November 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lines

Start your review of Lines (Greyford High, #1)
Yoda
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Im not sure why I continue reading books that I dislike from page 2. Its something I wont be doing in 2019. ...more
HoplessRomanceReadaholic
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable and captivating YA sports romance that makes you wanna go back to high school!!

I love how every time I read a new book by Anna, she manages to pull you in the story so easily. I love her writing style.

I'm always a sucker for jocks and especially if it involves hockey! This book has a Mean Girls vibes, it has a lovely nerd girl who loves dogs and Harry Potter, not your typical love triangle, gorgeous jock who also loves dogs, hockey, high school, and a lots of swoony moments
Meredith
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I started Lines, I had no idea what to expect as Anna B. Doe is a new author to me. What I discovered was a wonderful, heartbreaking and refreshing story, which touched me deeply. With her captivating writing style, the author created characters with beautiful souls and amazing chemistry.

The story follows Amelia and Derek, who have known each other since they were young kids. The attraction between them is immediate, but due to their different social circles, the two can never be. Derek is
Anna Doe
Nov 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE AND FREE WITH KINDLE UNLIMITED!

My fingers clench around soft material that is shoved into my hands. I look down at the white shirt. “What is this?”
He squirms under my confused, yet watchful stare. And if I’m not imagining it, I think I can see traces of redness coming up his cheeks. “My jersey.”
My heart skips a beat before starting to race rapidly. “And why would I need your jersey?”
“God,” he groans in frustration. “Can you be like a normal girl and just take it?”
Snow
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Amelia Campbell
Derek King

Max Sanders
Brook Taylor

Andrew Hill
Jeanette Sanders

These are the contestants of a YA highschool sport romance drama.

Insert a little bit of angst, a push and pull, jock likes a nerdy girl but makes fun of her cause he wants to stay a tough guy in front of his teammates, but he actually liked her forever, and then when he finally reaches her to show her how he really feels, the mean girls/ex hook-up stirs a scene, maki
Ariel
Nov 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Lots of grammar mistakes. The heroine was a doormat and the hero was an asshole. Since this book is marketed as a hate-to-love romance, I thought the heroine and hero were going to go tat for tat, but the heroine lets everyone walk all over her and I can’t tolerate that.
Ivana
“Because the line between love and hate is thin,” I murmur softly. “So-fucking-thin. And I love you more then I hate you.” 💙

This is my first book by Anna and I enjoyed every single word.

I like her writing style. She drag me in the story so easy that I couldn't stop reading till the end. I like that we got both point of view in one book, because I really love to know what the main characters think, what they feel, what or who they like/love.

This is lovely YA sports romanc
Mandie
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a nice quick read. It was full of drama and humor, and kept me entertained. It was very relatable to me. I enjoyed it. .

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Milica's Bookshelf
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I really liked Lia, Derek, Max, Anette, Brook and Andrew and I'll read just about any sports romance that involves hockey.
Save this one for when you are in the mood for a more tame, sweet romance.
Michelle Krystel
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. This is my first book by this author, I have to say I enjoyed it. I thought there would be more Intimate scenes but it was still good. I do however have bone to pick with Amelia, I like her I do, but what I didn't like was how passive she was. King of school or not, you never let someone who isn't significant other or liver etc tell who you can talk to. I loved Derek but that wouldn't fly with ...more
Maja
Anna simply never disappoints! Another great story!
I loved this book. It was a lovely romance. At first, I didn't like the book at all, but this quickly turned around. I thought that would be a love triangle but it wasn’t. It’s story about love and friendships. We meet two people who have secretly been in love with each other for years. Derek is popular guy in high school and he is secretly in love with Amelia. She is an ordinary girl and shy. It’s time to reveal their emotions. All characters help to
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Loved every word of it 💜
Books123
Dec 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 18%. I found Derek to be abusive and controlling. I don’t understand why toxic relationships like this are promoted in books for young readers.
Christy Bailey
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great!

This was such a good YA read. I was thinking from this description that this was going to involve a love triangle type thing but surprisingly that wasn't the case. I can't wait To read more about the secondary characters in this book. Especially Max! Can't wait to see what comes next in this series!
Karen
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
If I were in high school this would be going on I'm sure. I didn't like Derek for a long time. I think he was pretty aggressive. He trapped Lia a few times and kissed her. Awkward. Then he softens up.
Andrew is not so fleshed out but in team with Derek and for years teased (bullied) Amelia. At the end we understand Andrew a bit better (if that helps).

So it's YA. And pretty good.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)

Cute YA adult romance. I didn't like Derek in the beginning but he grew on me. I did love Max and cannot wait to read his book soon.
Dijana
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna B. Doe is new discovery to me and she surprised me good. I really enjoyed reading Lines.

Love triangle, mean girls, first love, sports and etc. It reminded me of my high school days and it was good to be back. Even for a little bit.

I loved Derek an Lia's story and other characters (most of all twins, but I am also very interested in Andrew and Brooke's story). Story was very cute, sweet and easy going and I recommend it for every one who is up for some light reading and high sch
Naardsbooks
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars 🌟

I was offered and given an ARC by Anna B. Doe, however I was already 50% into the book before I recieved the arc or knew I was getting one. So, although I have an arc of Lines on my kindle - this review has nothing to do with the arc but everything to do with my honest thoughts and opinions.

Firstly I would like to mention how genuinely happy I was to go back to the genre I started reading. I am an active New Adult/Adult/Contemporary etc romance reader, and this
Kaye
Jan 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
I’m kind of irritated at myself for even reading this mediocre book. Everything about this story just irritated me. Seriously, that’s the only thing I can think to say about this book. It was irritating.

The main characters, Amelia and Derek were lame and the side characters weren’t anything special.
Apparently, Brook was Amelia’s (Lia, which I don’t get why every character has some nickname? Except Max) Best friend but it was like they didn’t know much about each other. Yeah, I get Brook has so
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
My first book by this author.

I love this type of story, it's sweet, it's geeky, it's popular jock,it's romantic and it's light on the bullying, but it also gives us both Derek and Amelia's POV, including good friendships.
Up All Night With Books
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star
Review by Morgen
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Lines by Anna B. Doe is book one of the Greyford High series. It is full of high school drama, the misunderstanding of young love, witty banter and old grudges. Maybe the line between love and hate is thinner than anyone ever realized.

Derek King is used to having all the perks of popularity and wealth. He has no problem getting the attention of girls, but there is only one that has caught his interest. He’s made sure tha/>
Arceli
This novel really rocks your world. I loved the characters and the entire cast. Amelia and Derek are such a great couple together. They have insane chemistry. Their chemistry literally lights the pages on fire. The kissing scenes were the best parts of the novel. I liked how the kissing scenes made the romance so sweet and tender. One of the best parts about this book is the pacing. I liked how Derek and Amelia had a good amount of time to know each other. Their hate really did show and I liked ...more
Keri Loves Books
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and I can’t wait for the next! This story will take you back to high school and to the time when your whole life revolved around your friends, parties and first love.

Lia is a quiet girl. She just wants to finish her senior year. Avoid all the drama and be invisible to the bully’s and go away to college. She’s got her quiet life and her bff. She likes things the way they are.

If only her plan worked. There’s some new kids at the school,
SCBookAddict
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute new adult, enemies to lovers romance.
Amelia is a shy girl that is picked on at school. It's bc of her nemesis Derek King - the guy that caused her heartache 10 years ago when they were in elementary school.
It's senior year and there's a new guy in town, Max. He's showing Amelia attention that no guy has ever shown and Derek doesn't like it.
This is a cute start to the GHS series.
Be warned, if you are looking for hot and steamy, this isn't the book for you.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Lines, is the first book in Anna B. Doe's brand new Greyford High series and I have got to say that I really enjoyed it! This was a relatively fast paced enemies to lovers story full of drama and lots of laughs. Amelia Cam and Derek's chemistry was evident right from the very beginning, but of course their different social circlass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Petra Kralj
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Books, hockey and Gilmore girls are my kind of things and they are all in this wonderful love story.
Amelia loves/hates him since they were kids. And he ignores her since that time until the first day of their senior year wgen she comes to school with another guy. Max only gave her a ride to school and since he is new in school he likes to be around her. Derek steps up and starts to talk to her and then they have a project together. He gets closer to her...
The story and the feelings descri
BLuvsBooks
DNF. It was too YA for me. However I think if you enjoy that you should give it a try. :)
Anne Milne
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an ok read in a genre I'm a fan of for me parts of it just fell flat.

Nerdy girl Amelia is dreading going back to school she's counting the days down until she can leave and never look back. Enter hot new boy Max who takes an immediate interest in her to the annoyance of her nemesis Derek. Even though it's a little cliche it didn't bother me it was still fun to read all the turmoil they go through. Teenage angst at it's highest, it's like reliving my youth ( I wish). My biggest issue wa
Becky Rendon
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it

Lines is a pretty cute YA book. It's one of my favorite genres- hate to "lovers." With the age appropriateness, not so much in the lovers realm but you know what I mean.

This high school tale is a carbon copy of my life...well except for the hot guy taking an interest. And maybe the second guy too. Okay, so it was nothing like my high school experience except for the existence of mean girls and bullies.

Lines was a fun adventure. It is clear where the story line is going so
Cali Gals
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Plan to experience a lot drama at Greyford High! Book One is Amelia and Derek. Wow they have a story to tell. I love how this book offers a full cast of characters.

Amelia is my favorite from page one. She is a sweet book nerd that is only wanting to complete her last year of high school quietly and quickly.

Derek initially was not as lovable to me. His inability to own up to his feelings for Amelia was disheartening. It was nice to see him get knocked down a peg by a little competition. His beh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add a cover 3 17 Nov 09, 2018 08:22AM

• The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • The Dating Dare
  • Broken Hill High (The Broken Hill High Series #1)
  • Broken Hill Halo (The Broken Hill High Series #2)
  • Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild Book 1)
  • Broken Hill Hearts (The Broken Hill High Series #4)
  • Broken Hill Hurt (The Broken Hill High Series #3)
  • My Heart to Touch (A Maxwell Family Saga Book 1)
  • Perfectly Clueless (A Bayfield High Romance Book 3)
  • Never Have I Ever Kissed My Brother's Best Friend (Never Ever Love, #1)
  • Broken Hill Honor (Broken Hill High #5.5)
  • The Tenth Girl
  • The New Girl (Oak Brook Academy #1)
  • My Virtual Prince Charming (Geeks Gone Wild Book 2)
  • Say Anything
  • Crushing on My Brothers' Best Friend (Sweet Water High Book 2)
  • Prom King: A High School Romance
  • Broken Hill Havoc (The Broken Hill High Series #5)
Anna B. Doe is a young adult and new adult contemporary romance author. She writes real-life romance that is equal parts sweet and sexy. She’s a coffee and chocolate addict. Like her characters, she loves those two things dark, sweet and with little extra spice.
When she’s not working for a living or writing her newest book you can find her reading books or binge-watching TV shows. Originally

Greyford High (3 books)
  • Habits (Greyford High, #2)
  • Rules (Greyford High, #3)
“Maybe even all this time, from the time he broke my heart for the first time and I promised myself I’ll never forgive him, I was just waiting for him on the other side of the line.” 5 likes
“I try to be gentle, but there is nothing gentle about the feelings she evokes in me. She’s pure flame, and like her wild hair, she’s making me burn.” 3 likes