Start by marking “Wild (The Wild Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild (The Wild Duet, #1)

Wild

(The Wild Duet #1)

My name is Wyld Buchanan.

Fresh out of college, I have a coveted intern position at the biggest movie studio in Hollywood, and probably the only virgin left in tinsel town.

One night, I decided to take fate into my own hands.

I was going to lose my innocence to a sexy stranger.

He thought I was being mysterious when I told him my name was Wild.

He thought I was just another
Published September 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild

Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
I have a love-hate relationship with virgin/billionaire books. I love to read them, but sometimes the insta-love connection pissed me off. It's just that there are times where it feels forced. And this was one of them.

And while I loved Jamie fucking Donovan, his relationship with Wylder was not my favorite. Well, more like I didn't like Wylder. To be honest, Jamie made the book for me. He was just the kind of hero I loved to read about—sexy, controlling, dominant, possessive. If it weren't for h
Logan Hr
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm done, but I'm going to need book 2 pronto!!! what a wild (pun intended) ride!!! I loved loved loved every page of this amazing book!! I can't wait for book 2!!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Wild by Colet Abedi is book One in The Wild Duet series. This is the story of Jamie and Wyld.
Wyld is a 22 year old virgin and a new intern in Hollywood...so she knows she probably the only virgin in town. Wyld friend Kerri gets her into an exclusive club where she plans to move forward into loosing her innocent status and forgetting about bad breakup with her ex boyfriend, Henry.
Wyld thinking that her one hot night would be just what she needed....but the one night stand turns up being someone
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Wild is the first part of the Wild duet. The main characters of the story are Jamie and Wyld. Jamie was my favorite, while Wyld has to put on a lot of effort to impress me in the second book. I wouldn't read Jamie's name in the right way. I kept reading Jamie Dornan instead of Jamie Donovan and even though this has nothing to do with my perspective of the character I wanted to mention it. He is book boyfriend material and he did nothing but prove that he was into his relationship with Wyld. He d ...more
cupcakes and bookshelves
Book #1 in a new Duet, the Wild was my first Colet Abedi read. It was intense, charming, unique, sweet, sassy and sexy as hell ... with a cliffhanger that leaves you wanting. I can't wait for more, book #2, please hurry.

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much
Laundry
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap, did this story start with a bang. There are so many tropes in this story line and I seriously cannot get enough of it. I will warn you, this does have a cliffhanger ending. I usually put off reading cliffys until the series has been published in its entirety, but the blurb about this one sucked me in and there was no turning back.

Story Line: I wasn't kidding when I said there are quite a few different tropes in this story. For starters, Wyld is a v-card holder. Of course she looses t
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Part 1 of the Wild Duet.

Wyld is an intern at a movie studio, following a heart break she decides to attend and exclusive club with her best friend. She has a mission to loose her virginity and have a good time. Finding herself in the arms of a smoking hot man and well and truly deflowered..

. Wyld finds herself unable to forget him... especially when she shows up at his house with scripts for him to read. What follows is a great story of kiss chase 😘😘...because Jamie cannot get Wyld out his head
Lauren Orr
Shelves: 4-star-reads
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. Where do i start? The beginning of this book was definitely my favorite part of the story. The undeniable connection they had and the dominance Jamie showed at the club was H-O-T! I’m not gonna lie I was a little bummed that he isn’t that guy in real life. I have a hard time seeing him as a playboy. I like Wylde too. I would like to know a little more backstory about her childhood to have the sympathy needed for her not so great childhood.

Thi
Catty Jane
*** ARC Received for Honest Review ***
***3.5/4 stars***

This is a hot and wild start to a super steamy and passionate romance. Wylder not only has a great name but she is fun, sassy, and not going to take anything less than what she wants from a man. That is until she meets Jamie f-ing Donovan. The super hot and talented Hollywood director. This quick read is a great set up for more off the charts sex. And if where this book ended is any indication, there is going to be lots of drama to come. (
Stephanie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
It is hard to give this book higher than 3 stars when I didn’t care for the heroine. I tried really hard to like Wyld and just couldn’t do it. I found her annoying and kind of a mess. I adored Jamie though.

I do want to find out what happens next in their journey.

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Earlier this year, I read Colet Abedi’s novel, Tame, which was anything but. So when the chance came along to read Wild, I couldn’t resist the temptation.

In this case Wild refers to the main character, Wylder Buchanan, a young woman in her 20’s who is up and coming in the industry side of show business. When the book begins, she has recently broken up with her boyfriend after discovering he has cheated on her multiple times. Due to circumstances beyond her control in het love life, she’s remaine
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Colet Abedi is a new to me author, and I absolute LOVED her talented writing style that was seriously addictive, as I couldn't put Wild down until I devoured every last page. Wyld Buchanan, a young woman fresh out of college, who was an intern for the biggest movie studio in Hollywood, finds herself still a virgin, which irritated her to the point that she was going to get rid of it to a stranger. So off to a sexy party she went with her bestie, when she saw the perfect hot as hell stranger who ...more
Luisa Rivas
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
When I started to read this book I was worried because I thought it was too kinky for me. The book starts in a sex club in Hollywood. Hedonism is the rule in this place!

Wylder Buchanan’s life ambition is to be a screenwriter. So, right after graduating college, she hightailed it to Hollywood and rented a house with her college roommate Kerri, and got a job as an intern at one of the big film studios.

The good thing about being Kerri’s friend, who is a daughter of billionaires, is being invited t
Desi
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First time reading this author and she did not disappoint and now she has a new book fan!

Right from the start, she captures my attention. Her words flow effortlessly through the pages and that makes my “reader” heart ❤ sing with happiness! I thoroughly enjoy a book with defined characters and a storyline that us readers can connect with. That’s what this book is, my fellow book lovers.

Wylder’s personality is full of spunk, sass, strength and beauty! She will have you laughing out loud, all whi
Live Life Leisure
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a new reader of Colet Abedi. The title of the book exactly fits it. It’s a WILD rollercoaster between Wyld Buchanan young women is recently out of college who lands an internship with large Hollywood studio. Wyld is a virgin and feels like she is the only left in a town like that. She is bound and determined to lose her virginity at a sex party she attends with her best friend. That is when she engages in an act with Jamie Donovan.

Little does she know that when she reencounters Jamie, she w
Jamie White
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from this author, but I liked the Hollywood premise so I wanted to check it out. The story isn't complex, really, but it's fun. I liked getting a glimpse into the world of a Hollywood intern and seeing Wyld handle certain situations in the book.

Another aspect I really enjoyed was the relationship between Wyld and her two friends/roomates. It had a comfortable, family feel with all the ups and downs that come with that.

As for the romance aspect, I enjoyed the da
K.  Ramjohn
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wild by Colet Abedi is book 1 in the The Wild Duet. Engrossing and oh so delightful I loved this story and was hooked until the very end. From the moment they met, Jamie and Wyld had such intense chemistry and you could feel the intensity in every scene thereafter. Jamie's down-to-earth nature and how easily he fit in with Wyld and her roommates and Wyld's honesty was what I loved about these two. They were just perfect for each other
This story was charming and sweet and steamy at times. The cli
Leslie Ooten
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't realize going in that this was part 1 of a duet, so obviously it ends in a cliffhanger. I don't read books when I know going in that they're going to be a cliffhanger. The writing itself wasn't bad, and flowed fairly well. I wasn't a fan of Wyld for most of the story. She was rude to Jamie, even though he was never anything but nice to her. I understand that she had issues from her childhood, but that doesn't mean you have to take them out on everyone else. I liked Jamie, I thought he m ...more
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
This is my first book by Colet Abedi and it definitely won't be my last.

I really enjoyed this story, was well written, fun and very sexy.
Loved the characters, especially Jamie, he just oozes sex and lust. He's definitely one to get the heart pounding.

Finished this book within a few hours and after that cliffhanger, am needing the second part. I just have to know what happens next.
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ohh man...Jamie is one smokin' hot man.
Wylder is one innocent girl.
When these two come together it should be a hot A$$ mess, but somehow it works...kind of sort of.
Wyld doesn't know what she has gotten herself into with Jamie, but she will soon find out that she is NOT in control. I can't wait to get the rest of this story!!!!
#Invitation #SlowHardWild #Strippery #CherryPoppin'
Marissa
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC Kindle Copy for Review

One night affair turns to be something more.

I was an intern at a movie studio just out of college.

He thought she was just looking for a rich meal ticket.

How was I to know I would end up meeting Mr. Hollywood who could make or break my career?

What were the chances that our paths would cross again?

Afterall, this is Hollywood where dreams and nightmares can occur in the blink of an eye.
Lauren
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Started kinda slow for me I will say that Wylde and Jamie have beyond hot chemistry. Wylde seemed really wishy washy to me and it kinda bugged me. Jamie seems like a awesome dude who just wants her and to make her happy but Wylde has some major hang ups! Quick fun read.
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow what a great read. But wait it ended ahhhh. I was sucked in from the beginning and just could not stop. I loved every second of it but I'm now left in a book hangover.

This was my first read from Colet and I was in love.

Arc was kindly given in exchange for an honest review.
Kim Whitehead
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride!! Sucked me in from the beginning!! Intrigued!!
K.A. Lightle
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off if you don’t like Clift hangers wait for the duet to be complete.

I was sucked in right from the start. It’s a quick read (well was for me at least) but I couldn’t get enough.

Your going to fall in love with the characters even though you want to smack them around a bit. Though I say that you have to read this to decide for your self

I can’t wait to see how it completes in book two
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy of the book before release for an honest review.
Beware this book ends on a cliff! This book appears to be a serial and I did not know that going in. If you love books with cliffs or where you read part one etc it was very well written and I really enjoyed it. But I typically try to avoid cliffs so I did not know it was coming.

This is the story about Wylder and Jamie Donavon. They meet without names at a sex club so she can lose her virginity. Then they meet again at work
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Wyld is a recent college graduate who wants to be a screenwriter so her and her college roommate moved to Hollywood and she gets a coveted intern postion. Her best friend Kerri parents are rich so she has all these invites to secret parties and when she gets invited to a awesome one Wyld knows this is her chance to rid herself of her virginity and never see the guy again. She has a hot hot hot one night with a sexy guy she will never see again or so she thinks. When she has to take a script to t
Margaux Espinosa
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This was a great quick read, the characters and story are great and easily relatable. Wylder is a stubborn and headstrong girl that doesn’t buy into happily ever after, due to a hard upbringing and failed relationships. She’s looking to lose her V-Card in an impersonal, wild and out of the box way, in comes the sexy stranger, an instant and undeniable connection and one mind blowing night and she sneaks away. Little did she know the universe has other plans. I look forward to seeing how an innoc ...more
FS Meurinne
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Love any Hollywood romance story, Jamie and Wylder story is the second couple of the series, I want to read the next book to the story. She is a virgin and he is a millionaire, so that’s a sweet sexy intense romance in the make.
Liz Easter
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a must read

Super cute, well written, and the dialogue is great. I would definitely recommend this book, I think the only reason it doesn’t have 5 stars is because of it has a cliffhanger, but I wouldn’t let it deter you from reading this series.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Colet Abedi is an American novelist, screenwriter and television and film producer based in Los Angeles.

She was head writer and showrunner for the FOX-owned MyNetworkTV serials, American Heiress and Fashion House. She was the creator and executive producer of Unsealed: Alien Files and Unsealed: Conspiracy Files - with over 100 episodes, is now on Netflix.

As well as writing contemporary romance, Co

The Wild Duet (2 books)
  • Wilder (The Wild Duet, #2)